Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bloodlust - The Continuation, And the likely conclusion as well!!!
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 6 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Well, here's the link to the previous thread: Bloodlust - The Beginning

You can continue your praisings of my written words here. Expect an update next Saturday. I don't expect I'll get one out sooner. School starts again kvright.gif

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 6 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

The losses were greater than expected.

Savlian must really feel like a fool now. I bet he's all torn inside because he was too focussed on Hlodir to realize that Simion was out again.

And congratulations on the new thread! Few actually manage to do this, though there are notable exceptions. *cough*Trey*cough*

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 7 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Whoa....nicely done. Savage in its descriptions, bold in its expressions.

SGM as I have recently adopted!
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 7 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Seems like everyone wants to visit Simion now... Savlian, Morag Tong, Giant Duluth Beast, and who knows who else?

But what will The Voice have to say about it all? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by canis216: Jan 7 2007, 08:31 AM

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 13 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Woo! First update on the new thread. I hope your all excited! Because I am! I figure that I'm likely not going to fill this thread up before we reach a conclusion. So expect one sometime in this thread! When that'll happen though, I'm not so sure. Anyways, here's the update:

---------------------

It didn’t take Savlian much time to get to Simion’s house. He decided to go alone and left the two guards who had taken him to Bernise’s. Savlian felt that this was something he had to deal with personally, and alone, less Simion felt like talking about something better left unsaid. Namely, the fact that Savlian had allowed him to get away with killing the Town Guardsmen just so that Vernon would die. While most would agree that getting rid of Vernon benefited the entire town, some would likely disapprove of Savlian’s methods and do something about it. No, this had to be dealt with. Quietly.

Savlian stepped up to Simion’s door and stared at the dark brown wood. The realisation that he was about to face a cold-blooded killer had now sunk in. Observing each successive crime, Savlian had noticed that each murder looked to be progressively more violent each time. It was as if Simion was enjoying his killing more and more. Obviously, Savlian had no way to control Simion. This was the only way he could end this threat without his deal with Simion being broadcasted.

Calmly he eased his broadsword in his sheath, making sure it wouldn’t catch should he have to withdraw it. He tested the doorknob and to his slight surprise it was unlocked. Silently, Savlian opened the door just enough for him to squeeze through before closing it once more.

Darkness greeted him as Savlian looked around the modestly furnished room; a lone chair was placed oddly in the centre of the room. The oppressing darkness also held an odd quality about it, since outside these walls the sun was shining brightly. The dark and heavy looking drapes thoroughly blocked out nearly all light, which made Savlian wait patiently for his night vision to sink in. Once his vision was somewhat restored, Savlian began to explore the house.

I’m playing right into his advantage, aren’t I? Savlian couldn’t help thinking about as look for signs of the assassin. For all he knew, Simion could be lurking up right behind him, dagger poised to sink into his throat. Savlian kept checking his back to make sure it was clear. This idea was getting worse and worse as he progressed slowly through the house, his senses straining to catch the slightest noise. If he had thought about it better, instead of having his guilt get the best of him, he would’ve tried to get Simion on his own terms. Now, he could be nothing more than a sitting duck.

“You’re not going to find him here.”

Savlian nearly jumped when he heard the raspy voice, but his instincts kicked in. He immediately turned to the direction of the voice, broadsword held tightly in his hand. He then noticed the mass of extra darkness placed upon the staircase; it seemed to get getting larger.

“Stay back!” Savlian warned, pointing his sword at the shadow.

The black mass stopped increasing in size. Instead, it moved to a desk and in moments an oil lamp was lit.

Savlian blinked from the sudden brightness and rubbed his eyes. Once he recovered he found out the black mass was a robed Dunmer. The black robe hid most of his physical features, but Savlian thought he looked somewhat lean. The Dunmer’s eyes glowed with a calculating look as he stood passively by the desk, the flickering light causing even more shadows to his all ready ash-coloured face. Savlian knew that what stood before him was an assassin.

“You’re looking for Simion correct?” the Dunmer inquired.

“Yes I am. I take it you’re with the Morag Tong?” Savlian responded.

A moment of surprise flashed across the Dunmer’s eyes before he cleared his voice. “Yes, my name is Taris and I serve Mephala faithfully. I was sent here to take care of Simion. Turns out he’s fled; I just finished searching the place when you arrived. I’m sorry if I startled you.”

“Well the last time the Morag Tong sent a lone assassin to take out Simion, I found their body sprawled out on the streets,” Savlian said coldly, disappointment ringing in his voice as he sheathed his broadsword. Looking up, Savlian thought he saw movement from within Taris’ robes. Savlian thought it was likely a crossbow being put away.

“So you figured out Lavos was one of ours? I would’ve thought you’d think he was a Dark Brotherhood member,” Taris said mildly impressed.

“That I did, it took a little while though,” Savlian said, pausing momentarily before continuing, “I would’ve thought they would send more of you to deal with Simion if one failed.”

Taris smiled, and Savlian then saw that the Dunmer was quite young looking, there was youth in that smile. “Oh yes, there’s more of us this time. I… just wanted to try to get him on my own, though it was against my Master’s wishes. More than foolish of me, I know, but at the time I thought I could accomplish it. If Simion was here, it would’ve been more than likely that you would find my body sprawled against the floor.”

Savlian’s thoughts drifted to the Dunmer with the face tattoo inquiring about Lavos when Taris mentioned his master. The mer had definitely exuded some sort of presence when he had met him. It was very likely that he was one of the “others” Taris mentioned.

“Well, if he’s not here, I must go find him. It was certainly interesting to meet you, Taris,” Savlian said and began to head for the exit.

“Captain wait!” Taris called out, which left Savlian feeling a bit surprised. He didn’t introduce himself to the assassin.

“What is it? Do you know where Simion might’ve gone?” Savlian asked.

“No, it’s not about that. I want to tell you to stay out of this. Let the Morag Tong deal with this problem; we know what we’re facing here,” Taris said, his voice taking on a concerned edge.

“Yes, it seems that you’ve got the situation handled very well,” Savlian said sarcastically.

Anger crossed the ember eyes of Taris. “I haven’t seen you put him behind bars yet, so I wouldn’t carry on with such comments. Simion is an assassin, only other assassins will know how to deal with him, especially because he’s a skilled assassin. You’ll only get yourself killed if you continue to press him. He may have all ready decided that you’re the next victim, and if he has, you aren’t going to last long,” Taris said quietly yet with a dangerous tone placed upon his words.

Savlian stared directly into the smouldering eyes of Taris. “I’ve made some bad choices in my life, I know. But one choice that wasn’t a wrong one was becoming the Captain of the Town Guard. Since I’ve received the position, I’ve done everything possible to protect this city from the plague that was ruling it; I basically had my neck on the line, every single day, the constant reminder that a greedy, money hungering mongrel could simply say “Go kill Savlian” and it would happen. I managed to solve that issue and a new plague has arisen, one that’s killing the people I hold dear to me. Kvatch has a special place in my heart; I’m not going to watch her people suffer while some secretive assassins try to accomplish something they have previously failed at.”

“You see, I have yet to fail. I had to figure out who was behind these killings while your people knew who it was right from the get-go. We’ve been matching wits so far, as if this were some sort of twisted cat and mouse game. Well, if this is a game, I intend to not lose. If he wants to come at me next, I gratefully accept it, because that means the game will close, the winner will be determined. I will be ready for him!”

Savlian didn’t even care to see Taris’ belittled expression as he exited the house of Simion Mandrake.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 13 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Hmm... is Simion trying to flee from The Voice?

I'm sure the Morag Tong will be back in fuller force...

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 13 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I'm convinced that Savlian will meet the MT again. He appears to be determined but I do hope that he keeps his guard up at all times. Simion can be a worse enemy than the count ever was.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 18 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Ohh, how could I have missed the update? Veerryy Nice Mallet, keep it up bro~!
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 20 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

The Bloodlust continues! Muahahaha! biggrin.gif

-----------------------

Stress and weariness racked Savlian’s senses as he made his way to the Count’s Castle. His altercation with the assassin Taris was still hot in his mind. Could they honestly believe that he would step aside and leave this chase alone? It was almost laughable! If anyone was going to defeat Simion, it would be him. Unlike what the assassins believed, he did know Simion’s personality; at least he thought he did. He thought his abilities in forming a criminal profile on a suspect were quite good. This was becoming more of a battle of wits rather than steel between Simion and Savlian, and wits was something Savlian didn’t lack. Sure, Simion had bested him during his first interrogation, but at that time, it was only suspicion rather than certainty that had led Savlian to interrogate Simion in the first place.

Savlian was still fuming when he entered the Count’s office. Ormellius was sitting at his desk, a significant bundle of parchment and paper cluttering it as he peered intently at one particular piece held in his hand. His eyes broke away from the parchment to view who had entered his office. Seeing it was Savlian, the eyes went back to the paper.

“These murder reports are upsetting me, Captain,” Ormellius said sternly, not looking up from the parchment he was reading, “From what I understand here, it seems that these murders are similar to the ones done against the Town Guard.”

Savlian stood rigidly, eyes fixed ahead of him. “That’s what’s suggested in the report, sir. To me, it seems that whoever is doing these murders though is a copycat, as the attacks are much more vicious in intention than the ones done against the Town Guard.”

“Maybe that is because the killer knew that these people could not fight back, unlike the guards,” Ormellius snapped back, setting down the parchment and rising from his seat.

Savlian couldn’t help be feel uncomfortable where he was standing. This was the first time he had seen the Count angry with him, at least, a Count who Savlian respected at least. It made the feeling all the much more worse because of that.

“That could certainly be the case, sir. I intend to get right on this. It shouldn’t be long until we get whoever this is,” Savlian replied as calmly as he could manage.

“This should’ve been dealt with long ago, Captain, even before we had to deal with Hlodir,” the Count stated with an authoritative tone, driving the message home. He turned his back to his Captain and with a wave of his hand he dismissed Savlian.

The situation was getting more hard pressing for Savlian as he paced about in his room, thinking about Simion and how to capture him. A barely touched meal was located off to the side; crime reports and hand written notes cluttered the surrounding area. Savlian slumped down into his bed; Savlian finally felt exhaustion from the battle, the journey home, and the stress that greeted him upon arrival.

As he rested there, he couldn’t help but think of Bernise and the horrible thing that was done to her. It was his fault she was dead. It was because he thought he could trust the word of a murderer that now Bernise was not going to tend to her garden anymore, nor enjoy the soon to be new and improved Kvatch. It devastating to think about that and yet Savlian couldn’t help it; the guilt was too strong. He finally fell asleep atop a wet pillow due to tears of frustration.

The sound of rubbing oiled leather spilt open Savlian’s eyes. An unknown dark mass hovered before Savlian; the glint of steel could be seen in what seemed to be the mass’ hand. Before Savlian could do anything, the mass jerked and fell back. Suddenly another black mass appeared in Savlian’s room. This one, held what appeared to be a short sword and purposefully moved towards the now retreating mass of the would be attacker.

Steel rang against steel as the two figures clashed with one another. By this time, Savlian was out of bed and had recovered his broadsword. The only problem was that he couldn’t tell which figure of the two struggling ones was the one who attacked him. The darkness didn’t allow Savlian to discern who was who. Instead, Savlian passively stood in the background and watched the two struggle with one another.

The battle didn’t last long. Their short blades allowed the two figures to fight at close quarters. The fluttering of robes, the clashing of steel, and the grunts of exertion were the only sounds issued from the combatants. The tables turned though when one of the figures surprised the other with a kick that sent him tumbling onto a table. Glass shattered and the one figure quickly disappeared into the night. Savlian watched the other figure rush over to the broken window. Savlian could see the moonlight the figure’s face, revealing the Dunmer named Sethyas. Looking out into the night, Sethyas cursed before turning back to Savlian.

Savlian managed to light an oil lamp, revealing the mayhem that had spawned within his room. Savlian could now see that Sethyas was still wearing his red robe. With one hand he was sheathing what looked to be a daedric katana and the other was rubbing his jaw, which was all ready bruising from the kick the attacker had planted there.

“What the hell are you doing here Sethyas?” Savlian asked, pointing his broadsword at the Dunmer.

“Saving your life it appears,” Sethyas replied a little heatedly.

“Sorry, Sethyas. Heat of the moment,” Savlian said apologetically, “I assume that was Simion?”

Sethyas looked back at the broken window briefly. “Yes, that was. As Taris had warned you, Simion was likely to kill you next, so I decided to keep an eye on you in hopes of intercepting Simion. I got what I wanted, but the results didn’t turn out how I wanted them to…”

Savlian’s eyes narrowed. “So you were treating me as if I were bait!? I think I deserve more than that!” he said incredulously.

Sethyas’ expression now softened. “I’m sorry, Savlian. While it certainly wasn’t the most ideal situation to put you in, I couldn’t let you know what I was doing. Simion would’ve smelled the trap before he even got close. Unfortunately, it turned out he caught onto it even when you didn’t know what was happening… Damn, he’s better than I thought.”

Savlian was still not that happy. “So first you tell me to leave Simion alone and let you guys deal with. Next, you set me up as bait! What are you going to do next? Strap me to the bed with a sign that says, “Kill me!” on it?”

“No, we wouldn’t do that. But remember this, Simion was coming after you anyway. If I weren’t here, you’d likely be a corpse now. If you’d let your anger dissipate, you’d see that,” Sethyas replied evenly.

Savlian sighed. “I guess that could be the case. I do appreciate the service you did for me a few moments ago, I would have rather known about it, that’s all,” Savlian said, visibly cooling down. “But if you think that this is going to stop me from continuing my hunt, you’re dead wrong, “Master Assassin”.”

Sethyas nodded. “Taris told me what you told him at Simion’s house. I guess we won’t try to dissuade you from catching Simion anymore. I wouldn’t trust us always being here should Simion try to attack you again though,” he added before climbing through the window. His head popped back into the window for a moment. “For now, I have some hunting to do.”

Savlian watched the head of Sethyas disappear into the night, he shivered as the chilly night seeped into the room. Looking around of the wreckage of his room, Savlian couldn’t help but think that he should move. Three attacks on him in his own home was more than enough reason.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 20 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Words of truth there, words of truth. Finding a different place to sleep is definitely a good idea.

I liked the conversation between Sethyas and Savlian. The conversation with the count was good as well. The murders have been going on quite a bit longer than they should have. Hmm, I wonder how Savlian continues?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 20 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Niiiiiiice! I like it, as Jackie said the conversation between Savlian and sethyas was wonderfully described! More please??!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jan 22 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

took me long enough to read the updates. I love the story MM. That 'dream'/out of body experience thing was creepy yet intriguing, and all the conversations were excellent. Congrats on making two threads and I can't wait for more.

ps, the conclusion better be good biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 22 2007, 02:02 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

What Savlian really needs is a good alarm system, with all kinds of fancy infrared beams and booby traps and all kinds of stuff. Or, he could just catch Simion. The infrared beams might be easier, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 24 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Man....I almost dont know who to root for....

May the best Assassin win! Hows that?
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 27 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

A black cloaked figured shuffled down the alleyway slowly. Not a single echoing footstep sounded, allowing the figure to appear like a shadow rather than human. The figure’s gloved hand clutched a forearm; blood glistened through the cracks between. Though the shadows covered most of the figure’s face, maddened and vivid blue eyes scanned the surrounding in a feverish nature. A dagger hung loosely in the hand of the figure’s damaged arm; a red stain crept along the side of it from the blood that managed to course down the figure’s arm.

Suddenly, the figure’s eyes focused on a ladder that ran up the side of alley wall. Carefully, the figure managed to climb up the ladder; eyes grimaced each time the injured arm had to be used. The ladder led to a niche in the building, basically a hole in the building that provided access to the unused attic. Inside, the body of what looked to be a homeless man was propped up against the wall of the far side of the attic. A pool of congealed blood coated the front of his shirt since his throat had been cut wide open.

A dim light was brought to life as the figure lit a small oil lamp. The figure carried the lamp over to a small chest, which rested opposite to a soiled straw mattress. The figure opened the chest and withdrew a vial. The contents of the vial were drained by the figure in one gulp and the figure’s eyes bulged as the healing effect of the potion went to work on the injured arm.

Simion gasped as he was able to resume control over himself from the shock of the healing potion. He looked down at his arm and found a small, pink scar peeking through the tear in his shirt. The scent of his own blood filled his nostrils with a rank sensation and his gloved hand was sticky with congealing blood. In disgust, Simion removed the stained clothing and tossed them beside the corpse.

Simion’s body looked almost ghostly pale in the lamp light. Wiry muscles, crafted from meticulous training in his profession, covered his torso, which also held more than a few scars. Simion wanted to keep all the scars he received so that he would never forget why or how he got them. As his habit would take it, he absently brushed the one above his right brow.

Maybe I’ll get this one taken care of. It’s not like I need a reminder of it anymore, he thought. He then smirked as images of Vernon being strapped to his bed as he applied his technique flashed in his head. On second thought, I don’t mind keeping it.

In another small chest, Simion withdrew a simple brown shirt and threw it on. He looked around the room. Excluding the corpse sitting in the corner, the attic wasn’t a terrible hideout place. He had discovered this place when he was a child. After class, he had time to roam around the city before getting home. It was during one of these roaming adventures that he found a ladder that appeared to have lead no where. Curious, he had climbed up the ladder to find a small opening in the wall. What he found was the only entrance to the attic of the building the ladder was found on. It seemed as though the owner had forgotten about it, so Simion had decided to make it his own little hideout. His secret place.

He had been surprised to find the attic occupied when he had fled his home. Unfortunately for the man who had decided to make the hideout his home, Simion had arrived at night and caught the man sleeping. Simion gave him what he hoped was a painless death. He couldn’t risk the thought of letting him go free only to help Savlian or the Morag Tong.

A whiff of the air told Simion that the body was starting to rot and Simion scolded himself for slitting the man’s throat instead of breaking his neck. It would’ve been much cleaner and likely harder to connect the crime to Simion should he had disposed of the body. He’d soon have to remove it; or else the stench would become a beacon just asking for attention.

He sat upon the straw mattress and looked across the room at the corpse. He couldn’t help but think that if he was going to die, he wouldn’t likely receive the blessing of a painless or quick death. Whoever was going to kill him will make him suffer. Did he actually deserve such a fate though? For those he killed during his involvement with the Morag Tong he was safe from legal persecution. But of those he’s been killing lately, the wrath of the law could easily fall upon him. It would be for those that he’d hang or be placed on the wrong of a blade.

I do deserve to die. I have become a monster and yet I’m too cowardly to accept my deserved fate, Simion thought bitterly.

“Don’t carry on about that! You’ll make me sick!” the Voice rumbled within Simion’s head, the shock causing Simion to wince in pain, “Besides, we still have unfinished business… The Grandmaster will pay with interfering! I’ll be ready for him next time!”

Despair gripped Simion as he fell back onto the mattress. “No! I can’t do this anymore!” he said in desperation.

The Voice cackled. “You’re breaking down. You’ve become weak since we killed that woman.”

Simion rose quickly from the mattress, his face contorted in rage. “No! I did no such thing. You killed her!”

“You were there. It was your body that did it. Everyone who knows about the murder knows YOU did it. Why fight it?” the Voice stated. Simion could practically see the smirk on its unidentifiable face.

“I will tell them you did it. That I was possessed,” Simion said defiantly.

“Ha! They’ll think you’re crazy. You do know what they do to the crazy criminals, don’t you? They try to fix them and it doesn’t often work,” the Voice said before breaking into a fit of laughter.

“Enough! Let me rest,” Simion said weakly, defeated.

Sethyas was still nursing his jaw, as well as a glass of brandy, as he sat in “The Flying Bosmer” awaiting the arrival of his colleagues. His encounter with Simion in battle was a shocking one. Even when he surprised the assassin, his sneak attack was detected at the last minute and Simion saved himself. During the head on battle, Simion had fought with a viciousness that was borderline chaotic, yet with enough technique to make the combination quite lethal. He was caught unexpected by the kick though, something that didn’t happen often.

“I guess I’ve become a little rusty,” Sethyas mused aloud.

“You? Rusty? Never!” Taris said, pulling up a seat beside Sethyas. Taris whistled when he saw the bruise forming on Sethyas’ jaw, “That looks like quite the wallop there.”

Sethyas couldn’t help but chuckle at Taris’ comment. He and Taris had been working together long enough to develop a friendship of sorts. Enough that Taris could say things that if another assassin of a lower rank were to say, Sethyas would have to have a talk with them.

“I take it the plan didn’t go as well as we hoped?” Taris speculated as he took a more serious tone.

Sethyas shook his head. “No. It didn’t turn out how I wanted it to. He managed to catch me and if he didn’t decide to escape, I could be dead now.”

Taris nodded. “Well, he made a mistake there, Sethyas. We’ll be even more prepared next time,” he said in encouragement.

Rah’mirr, the Khajiit, and the other two Dunmer were now at the table as well. Each of their expression was grim when they saw that Sethyas did not have a successful report.

“I believe I did injure him, that could’ve been another reason why he left. Now I’m sure that I’ll be a target now, which is both good and bad. What I suggest we do is watch each other’s backs. Simion, and I stress this, cannot be underestimated,” Sethyas said.

Those around him nodded in understanding and Sethyas continued. “We’re also giving up on our stakeout of the Captain. We’re to leave him alone, and hopefully, he’ll leave us be. He’ll have to defend himself should Simion find him again.”

“Rah’mirr thinks that’s a bad idea. We know Simion wants Guard Captain dead, so why not lie in wait while our prey attempts to take the bait?”

Sethyas sighed. “Because, Savlian is a man and not bait. I have warned him that we will not be there to help him should Simion come after him. He has accepted that fact. I am honour bound to accept his wishes. But should our paths cross unknowingly, that is a different situation.”

Rah’mirr nodded, convinced that was how it should be. “What shall we do now then?”

“Find Simion’s hiding spot. I suggest the alleyways.”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jan 27 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Excellant update MM, I foresee a collision course between all three parties: Town Guard, Morag Tong, and Rogue Assassin. biggrin.gif I've never been able to harness the full potential of the post machine!
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jan 27 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

But should our paths cross unknowingly, that is a different situation.”

It does make you think there will be a slash between all of the parties involved.

Very good update MM, i'm loving this story

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 27 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

The meeting of the assassins. Oh, boy. And Simion is squeezing his nose shut with his fingers. I need to find something with which I can make you continue. I know, how about an Agent update? Take the bribe, take it. It works like a charm in Tamriel. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Malpense the Dark
post Jan 28 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #19

Retainer

Oh jeeze man this series is fantastic! goodjob.gif I've only recently joined these forums and have just sat down and read your entire set of stories. Love the characters, Simion is really interesting and I kinda feel sorry for the poor guy. I'll be interested to see if the voice in his head really is some type of possession or if he is just a loon. Out of curiousity, is the series set close to the attack on Kavatch in Oblivion. I expected the corrupt count to have got finished of by the daedra but apparently not. It would be a pity if this new guy became count only to get killed immediatly.

Anyhow keep up the good work, I'm really enjoy everything!

--------------------
Marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be, let me tell you. Marriage is probably your chief course of divorce.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 28 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Well, to answer your question Malpense, this story does in fact take place fairly shortly before the Oblivion Crisis. In fact, if you pay careful attention to some of the characters you meet in Kvatch during the crisis, you actually meet Savlian and the Count (sorta). So yea, I kinda "borrowed" their names for the sake of staying true to the lore.

What I probably intend to do once Bloodlust is finish is write the sequel to this, which obviously involves the events of the Oblivion Crisis. Fortunately, in the game they show basically the aftermath of the situation, so I can still be quite creative with what I want to do.

I'd also liked to add that I've finally made up my mind about Simion that will definitely affect the ending of the story, and it pertains to your thoughts about his mentality. Of course, I'm going to leave it at that because who would want a spoiler? I'll just annoy those with teasers instead!

Anyways, thank's for giving my story a shot. The more readers I get, the more happier I am! Now you're stuck waiting for updates like the rest of these guys! tongue.gif

PS- Oh yes I forgot! I might have some time this week pull a Black Hand and go post machine on you guys! You see, it's exams week and I've finished the only one I have, so that means I have no school till Thursday. In other words, I'll have a lot of free time on my hands. But don't get your hopes up. Who knows, I might get sick. Or really lazy! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by The Metal Mallet: Jan 28 2007, 04:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:14 PM