Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 18 2017, 05:02 AM
Post #801

Mouth
Group Icon

YO. PEOPLE.

I just went to Steak n' Shake just a bit ago with some friends of mine after a sporting event, and I got a Frosted Flakes milkshake to go with my meal. I feel like I just attained enlightenment. Ysmir's beard, that milkshake was incredible. I was just going to be unoriginal and get regular chocolate, but I saw "Frosted Flakes" as one of the specialty flavors and knew I had to get it.

Also, triple steakburger was delicious as usual.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 18 2017, 05:06 AM
Post #802

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 17 2017, 11:02 PM) *

YO. PEOPLE.

I just went to Steak n' Shake just a bit ago with some friends of mine after a sporting event, and I got a Frosted Flakes milkshake to go with my meal. I feel like I just attained enlightenment. Ysmir's beard, that milkshake was incredible. I was just going to be unoriginal and get regular chocolate, but I saw "Frosted Flakes" as one of the specialty flavors and knew I had to get it.

Also, triple steakburger was delicious as usual.

The whole meal sounds good, even with me picturing cereal flakes in the shake, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 18 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #803

Ancient
Group Icon

This “cornflakes milkshake” is something Khajiit would have to try. This one is thinking it may not be for him though laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 19 2017, 12:40 AM
Post #804

Master
Group Icon

Hi-C and Turkey and no I'm not an insurance sells man tongue.gif.

(No one's going to get that reference but I am drinking Fruit Punch and eating turkey) biggrin.gif .

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Nov 19 2017, 12:41 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 19 2017, 02:47 AM
Post #805

Master
Group Icon

What the...??????

Prepared my supper salad tonight, returned to the refrigerator for Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing to top it off. I swear there should have been an almost new bottle of it in there, one I'd use only once before. Instead...nothing. Nada. Zilch. Settled for Thousand Island instead, though I'd used it the night before and wasn't keen to use it again so soon. No idea what happened to my RWV. Maybe I've become yet more delusional? (I somehow managed to lose my favorite toboggan, the one I wear during exercise-walks in cool weather, earlier this week. I haven't figured that out either.)

I've tried mixing a bit of Sugar Free preserves and jellies into my breakfast oatmeal. Not because I feel oatmeal needs improving, but to use up those several jars now that I have no real need for their contents. But...they not only don't enhance the flavor of oatmeal but instead, in my estimation, lessen it. Still, miser that I am I hate seeing anything go to waste.

I've given up adding Cucumber to my salad-suppers. I just don't like the taste well enough to justify its admittedly meager expense. Too, they tend not to keep well in the fridge compared other fresh veggies I use in salads.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 19 2017, 03:14 AM
Post #806

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 18 2017, 05:40 PM) *

Hi-C and Turkey and no I'm not an insurance sells man tongue.gif.

(No one's going to get that reference but I am drinking Fruit Punch and eating turkey) biggrin.gif .

When Khajiit used to take lunches to school, he would wet his turkey sandwich down with his fruit punch juice box before eating it.

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 18 2017, 07:47 PM) *

What the...??????

Prepared my supper salad tonight, returned to the refrigerator for Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing to top it off. I swear there should have been an almost new bottle of it in there, one I'd use only once before. Instead...nothing. Nada. Zilch. Settled for Thousand Island instead, though I'd used it the night before and wasn't keen to use it again so soon. No idea what happened to my RWV. Maybe I've become yet more delusional? (I somehow managed to lose my favorite toboggan, the one I wear during exercise-walks in cool weather, earlier this week. I haven't figured that out either.)

I've tried mixing a bit of Sugar Free preserves and jellies into my breakfast oatmeal. Not because I feel oatmeal needs improving, but to use up those several jars now that I have no real need for their contents. But...they not only don't enhance the flavor of oatmeal but instead, in my estimation, lessen it. Still, miser that I am I hate seeing anything go to waste.

I've given up adding Cucumber to my salad-suppers. I just don't like the taste well enough to justify its admittedly meager expense. Too, they tend not to keep well in the fridge compared other fresh veggies I use in salads.

Khajiit does stuff like this all the time! Most recently this one went to fridge looking for a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Chipotle BBQ. We usually keep one on hand all times and Khajiit didn’t remember using it up, but upon looking in the fridge, no bbq sauce.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 19 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #807

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 18 2017, 08:47 PM) *

What the...??????

The Hi-C and Turkey is from an OLD SNL sketch. I forgot who was the host but through out the sketch all he kept asking for was Hi-C and Turkey.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 19 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #808

Master
Group Icon

Gonna be an extra bland supper tonight. No broccoli. No tuna. No Red Wine Vinaigrette dressing. If T-day wasn't coming up later this week I might be tempted to grab a sammich at Subway. I could fix myself a Wowbutter sammich, but had one for lunch yesterday, and try to not eat them too terribly often.

My 42oz canister of oats hast lasted me almost exactly three week of daily breakfasts, minus the one day I reverted to toast with butter and jelly. Doofus that I am, earlier today I got all confused when I couldn't figure out how I got that many 4oz servings out of a 42oz canister, until in finally dawned up me that the canister is measured by weight while the measuring cup is based on serving size.

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 19 2017, 08:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 18 2017, 08:47 PM) *

What the...??????

The Hi-C and Turkey is from an OLD SNL sketch. I forgot who was the host but through out the sketch all he kept asking for was Hi-C and Turkey.

Thanks for the info. smile.gif Truth be told, my statement was intended as an intro for the main body of my post. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 20 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #809

Master
Group Icon

Boy did I cut it close at Walmart. $49.85 spent on groceries against my $50 weekly food budget. Thankfully, T-day lunch is one of two yearly meals I budget under "Spending Money," as I consider those lunches as family commitments rather than essential meals. (Should my brother become incapacitated I would eat those two meals at home with no "special" foods.)

Fuji's were a sizable expense this week. They are BIG. If they taste as good as they look I'm fine with that.

No single tomatoes for sale. (I need only one decent size tomato per week.) Had to settle for a three-pack (as I did) or do without.

Banana selection wasn't great.

None of the small size Frozen Broccoli Cuts bags I prefer were in stock. Had to settle for a large bag.

I forgot to buy carrots, though they were on the List. (Cheap as they are, they'd have put me over budget.)

All in stock lettuce heads were small. Thankfully I have enough left from my already chopped head to not run short.

Today's breakfast oatmeal was too wet. I suspected as much before sticking it in the microwave.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2017, 01:31 AM
Post #810

Ancient
Group Icon

Papa Johns....

*sigh*

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 21 2017, 01:35 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 21 2017, 06:36 AM
Post #811

Ancient
Group Icon

Summer Sausage and cheeses on crackers!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2017, 06:52 AM
Post #812

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 20 2017, 11:36 PM) *

Khajiit forgets, is Summer sausage spicy or is it mild?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 21 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #813

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 21 2017, 12:52 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 20 2017, 11:36 PM) *

Khajiit forgets, is Summer sausage spicy or is it mild?

mild.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 21 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #814

Master
Group Icon

Speaking of sausage of a different sort, these recent posts have made me nostalgic for those filling 1950/60 breakfasts of my youth, Tennessee Pride Sausage in particular. Boy did those patties make good sausage biscuits! (I preferred its "Hot" variant, or was it labeled "Spicy?") I wonder if I'd still enjoy it as much as I did back then? Or if it still tastes the same as it did all those years ago?

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 21 2017, 03:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 21 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #815

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 21 2017, 05:46 AM) *

Speaking of sausage of a different sort, these recent posts have made me nostalgic for those filling 1950/60 breakfast of my youth, Tennessee Pride Sausage in particular. Boy did those patties make good sausage biscuits! (I preferred its "Hot" variant, or was it labeled "Spicy?") I wonder if I'd still enjoy it as much as I did back then? Or if it still tastes the same as it did all those years ago?

Tennessee Pride breakfast sausage tubes is exactly what I use too! It is my favorite, although I use the Mild version. Yes to all that you mentioned above; plus = it makes a wonderful sausage gravy for a great biscuit and gravy breakfast!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2017, 01:07 AM
Post #816

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 21 2017, 04:46 AM) *

Speaking of sausage of a different sort, these recent posts have made me nostalgic for those filling 1950/60 breakfasts of my youth, Tennessee Pride Sausage in particular. Boy did those patties make good sausage biscuits! (I preferred its "Hot" variant, or was it labeled "Spicy?") I wonder if I'd still enjoy it as much as I did back then? Or if it still tastes the same as it did all those years ago?

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 21 2017, 07:27 AM) *

Speaking of sausage of a different sort, these recent posts have made me nostalgic for those filling 1950/60 breakfast of my youth, Tennessee Pride Sausage in particular. Boy did those patties make good sausage biscuits! (I preferred its "Hot" variant, or was it labeled "Spicy?") I wonder if I'd still enjoy it as much as I did back then? Or if it still tastes the same as it did all those years ago?

Tennessee Pride breakfast sausage tubes is exactly what I use too! It is my favorite, although I use the Mild version. Yes to all that you mentioned above; plus = it makes a wonderful sausage gravy for a great biscuit and gravy breakfast!

Man, you two are making Khajiit want biscuits and spicy sausage with Alaga syrup.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 23 2017, 01:37 AM
Post #817

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 15 2017, 05:51 AM) *

Little over a week until T-day, the one day of the year I eat a traditional "meat & potatoes" type meal. As last year, my bro and I will dine at his "city's" one true American style all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. (Its one local rival, which we preferred, went belly up.) It's one of those rare times I don't worry about health and weight and pig out to my heart's content...within reason. No dessert...I draw the line there and will not cross it.

Had a surprise visit from my bro a few minutes ago. He dropped by to let me know that, some weeks ago, he had a chance meeting with some old work mates, who invited him to T-day lunch at their home. He accepted. I can of course eat a T-Day restaurant meal alone, but have no real desire to do so, since my main reason for dining out is family commitment. I'll instead consume a can of Hormel Chili at home. Yum. (To be fair, my bro says I too am invited to eat with his old "friends," but for reasons I won't mention know better than to accept. In any case I have no interest in those people.)

Today's salad supper was surprisingly yummy. No idea why. It was no different than any other supper salad. (This was a Thousand Island Dressing night.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 23 2017, 02:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2017, 01:55 AM
Post #818

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 22 2017, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 15 2017, 05:51 AM) *

Little over a week until T-day, the one day of the year I eat a traditional "meat & potatoes" type meal. As last year, my bro and I will dine at his "city's" one true American style all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. (Its one local rival, which we preferred, went belly up.) It's one of those rare times I don't worry about health and weight and pig out to my heart's content...within reason. No dessert...I draw the line there and will not cross it.

Had a surprise visit from my bro a few minutes ago. He dropped by to let me know that, some weeks ago, he had a chance meeting with some old work mates, who invited him to T-day lunch at their home. He accepted. I can of course eat a T-Day restaurant meal alone, but have no real desire to do so, since my main reason for dining out is family commitment. I'll instead consume a can of Hormel Chili at home. Yum. (To be fair, my bro says I too am invited to eat with his old "friends," but for reasons I won't mention know better than to accept. In any case I have no interest in those people.)

Today's salad supper was surprisingly yummy. No idea why. It was no different any other supper salad. (This was a Thousand Island Dressing night.)

Khajiit is sorry you will be alone on T-giving. sad.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2017, 06:34 AM
Post #819

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 22 2017, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 21 2017, 07:27 AM) *

Man, you two are making Khajiit want biscuits and spicy sausage with Alaga syrup.

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2017, 06:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2017, 07:16 AM
Post #820

Ancient
Group Icon

Do you folks know Alaga syrup? It’s awesome biscuit syrup. Don’t put it on pancakes, waffles, or French toast though. Too heavy.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:30 AM