213 Pages V « < 200 201 202 203 204 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Grits
post May 22 2020, 02:13 AM
Post #4021

Councilor
Group Icon

Great idea, ghastley! Abiene has not been back since fleeing. tongue.gif But she needs the skills, so she will go.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 22 2020, 03:01 AM
Post #4022

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 6 2020, 05:58 PM) *

Abiene took her first official healer job through Fungal Grotto 1 with a PUG today. She prepared carefully but still felt as if she might not be ready. Her group included a person who wanted to do the quest, another person who agreed, and a level 12 Khajiit in whom the YOLO was strong. The three turned around from the quest-giver to find the Khajiit already down. Abiene was mortified. They got him back up, killed those responsible, and discovered that he had run ahead and was down again. While Abiene considered how to gently suggest he wait for the tank, she noticed that HE was the tank. So she gritted her teeth and ran faster. Turns out Abiene does know a few swear words. wacko.gif

laugh.gif Poor Abiene!

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ May 10 2020, 12:38 PM) *

I ran through White-Gold Tower on Veteran last night with a couple of people from my PvP guild. I had never done the normal difficulty, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The last boss was a pain and took about 5 tries, but we made it through. So I got both the wall mount and the bust at the same time. I have them both up in my Hall of the Lunar Champion, though I still need to put them in my Gardner House.

Speaking of housing, my Hall of the Lunar Champion is finished! Added some stuff from the luxury furnisher the past couple weeks and I think the third room of the Hall came out wonderfully. While I would like to introduce the home to the guild, you can visit it on your own if you want. The Hall is my primary residence. I think you can visit the Gardner House with an add-on.

Doing White Gold Tower on Vet is an amazing feat! I have only done it on Normal; that last boss is a tough one even on Normal!

Saw both your Lunar Champion House and Gardner house = the Gardner house is my absolute favorite! What a great job you did on them both!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 22 2020, 03:22 AM
Post #4023

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 11 2020, 10:18 AM) *

Buffy was finding it hard to keep up with all the variants, and Acadian has largely served his purpose (teaching Buffy how to better support tanks and what life as a tank is like). So she's been letting the tank, magblade and bowblade all rest for several weeks now and much prefers the slightly smaller focus on six variants (mag & bow variants of templar, sorc, warden). It does keep her dance card pretty full.

I don't know how on Nirn you keep up with all those different play styles! It kills me to just juggle a couple Player characters.

This week Misa (Nightblade) has been working on clearing the "Adventurer" Achievements off for all the various Provinces and DLC. She was doing Vvardenfell the last time I played = helping out an Argonian female Slave try to pull herself up to some lofty position...I am sure everyone knows the questline I'm talking about, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 22 2020, 03:47 AM
Post #4024

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ May 18 2020, 06:06 PM) *

A new character has entered the fold. Her name is Grazba gra-Nagorm and she is an Orc Dragonknight. Those of us who like to get steeped in TES may recognize that last name. For those who don't, Gortwog gro-Nagorm is a major character in TESII: Daggerfall, the king of Orsinium during that game's events and led the charge to have Orsinium recognized as its own political and geographical entity by the Third Empire. It might have happened too had it not been for the Oblivion Crisis and Uriel Septim VII's assassination. (Speaking of, in TESIV: Oblivion you can come across a couple of Orc adventurers who mention Gortwog and how they are adventuring to bring glory to their homeland. I think Gortwog sent them personally.)

Apart from that, though, I haven't really thought much about Grazba's background or how her story ends. Honestly, the main reason I created her was for my PvP guild. I'm going to become a "core" member in a few werks where you have a specific build tailored to your playstyle and what you find most fun. Unfortunately, the nature of PvP in Cyro gimps Argonians who want to go DPS because their passives aren't helpful for it. They are much better suited for healer roles. The two heads of my guild didn't want to force a choice upon me, but I either had the option to change Cincy's race (which was absolutely NOT going to happen) or create a brand-new Orc character (Orc was the best choice for me, as I was told) to make the most viable DPS for my style. Thus, I went with the latter option. It sucks, but I understand. Argonians get great defensive racial passives but basically nothing for offense. At least I didn't have to waste a race change token since I have the Any Race Any Alliance bundle, so Grazba has gone straight to the Pact. On UNOFFICIAL raid nights, however, I still want to bring Cincy. At least my guildmasters helped me reallocate my CPs to be more effective at damaging.

Also, I'm trying to get her to level 50 by Sunday. If anybody wants to group up to help me along, that would be much appreciated. I think the public dungeons will be tremendously helpful along with some of Craglorn. Public dungeon group events will get me extra skill points.

I had fun playing with your new Orc Grazba in Summerset Isles and Wrothgar; boy is she already a tough fighter! I'd love to hear about your CP changes sometime when we are on Teamspeak or Discord and I have a pen and paper handy! I've changed my Inga (Dragon Knight) to the specs you gave me for Cincy; and she is doing MUCH better than she was!!! (so thank you!)

QUOTE(Grits @ May 19 2020, 12:38 AM) *

I have a new Jerric kicking around (Riding Speed: 3), and Abiene is working on some new skills, so I would love to group up. Abiene needs Skyshards and also to work on her Alliance War skills. She went to Cyrodiil tonight and almost immediately ran into a heavy hitter that we know playing on a different Alliance. We got the heck right out of there! laugh.gif

ghastley, good luck with the reluctant criminal. My crew likes the warehouse in Vulkhel Guard. It’s not difficult to imagine that they’re just buying groceries.

If you ever see me online (if I'm not in a dungeon) and you want to be hopped around to any wayshrines - I am good at that and love to do it! And darn it; Rader = I forgot to get back with you on doing that the other night!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 22 2020, 03:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 22 2020, 06:01 PM
Post #4025

Councilor
Group Icon

"I felt like I was always getting too much attention to be successful at thieving, so I asked Clark about it. He pointed out that the guards are always going to want to watch an elegant young Dunmer, and I was quite conspicuous in my normal attire. So I let my hair down, and didn't comb it, and I took some of the clothes I'd stolen, and dyed them in shades of grey and brown. They weren't tailored for me, but I manages to squeeze into them.

I'm still getting noticed, and I don't understand it."

Minx

"I'd got my Legerdemain skill up to 10, so I tried picking a few pockets. I wasn't very good it it. One noble had me rummaging around in his pockets for a good ten minutes before he'd let me stop."

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 22 2020, 07:00 PM
Post #4026

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh my! Perhaps Minx needs to see if she can borrow the robes of a Nordic mage to swim around it. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 22 2020, 11:41 PM
Post #4027

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 22 2020, 01:01 PM) *

"I felt like I was always getting too much attention to be successful at thieving, so I asked Clark about it. He pointed out that the guards are always going to want to watch an elegant young Dunmer, and I was quite conspicuous in my normal attire. So I let my hair down, and didn't comb it, and I took some of the clothes I'd stolen, and dyed them in shades of grey and brown. They weren't tailored for me, but I manages to squeeze into them.

Minx

"I'd got my Legerdemain skill up to 10, so I tried picking a few pockets. I wasn't very good it it. One noble had me rummaging around in his pockets for a good ten minutes before he'd let me stop."

SPEW!!! rollinglaugh.gif I know why she is drawing so much attention ! Next time tell her to wear a baggy shirt or bind her breasts, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 23 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #4028

Councilor
Group Icon

"I got some more old clothes, let's try again."

"It's not working, is it?"

---

Meanwhile, the Serenity Falls fund reached its target, and Ma'Licious has a new title.

"Not Grandmother, CLANmother! This one will use her claws on your ..."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 23 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #4029

Paladin
Group Icon

Got bad news for you, Minx. If you're trying to pass without notice, that ain't gonna work either. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 23 2020, 09:26 PM
Post #4030

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 23 2020, 01:43 PM) *

"I got some more old clothes, let's try again."

"It's not working, is it?"

---

Meanwhile, the Serenity Falls fund reached its target, and Ma'Licious has a new title.

"Not Grandmother, CLANmother! This one will use her claws on your ..."

*mALX rolls tongue back into head*

"Nope! Still drawing ... er ... mountains of attention..."

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 24 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #4031

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 21 2020, 10:01 PM) *

Doing White Gold Tower on Vet is an amazing feat! I have only done it on Normal; that last boss is a tough one even on Normal!

Saw both your Lunar Champion House and Gardner house = the Gardner house is my absolute favorite! What a great job you did on them both!

Thank you. It was certainly a nice confidence boost. Makes me feel like I can take on any Veteran content at this point.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 21 2020, 10:47 PM) *

I had fun playing with your new Orc Grazba in Summerset Isles and Wrothgar; boy is she already a tough fighter! I'd love to hear about your CP changes sometime when we are on Teamspeak or Discord and I have a pen and paper handy! I've changed my Inga (Dragon Knight) to the specs you gave me for Cincy; and she is doing MUCH better than she was!!! (so thank you!)

Thanks. And no problem. I wouldn't take pointers from me on CP for a DPS yet, though. I'm not well-versed enough to give you good advice for that. But glad to hear that the tank specs are working out for you. I tanked another couple of dungeons after my CP change for Cincy and, even though it is better for him for DPSing, he still seems to have about the same capability of tanking as he did before.

I'm holding off on giving Grazba some real sets because I am waiting on my guildmasters to give me advice on which sets would be best for my playstyle. For now, she's running okay sets, but I haven't messed with enchantments or traits on them. And I know she's going to have to go heavy armor then because survivability is a necessity out in Cyrodiil.

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 22 2020, 01:01 PM) *

Minx

Well...ahem...I think she would be less noticeable in the Balmora Holiday or Egg-Sister Bias Cut outfits. She'll certainly, uh...blend in with those. cool.gif hubbahubba.gif wub.gif

Minx seems to have forgotten what her name means.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: May 24 2020, 08:51 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 26 2020, 01:59 PM
Post #4032

Councilor
Group Icon

Minx continues to progress in her Thieves Guild and Legerdemain skill lines, although the daily limits on things are frustrating. She managed to get an achievement for finding Thieves Troves, which let her purchase (why not steal?) decorative copies for home use. They make good cash-boxes, to go next to the stacks of coins we started all this for, and which we still haven't reached. kvleft.gif

But looking through the achievements page drew her attention to one of them, and now she has an outfit of all stolen items ready for her pocket-picking outings. She won't be embarrassed at all, but the guards may get more than they were expecting. ohmy.gif

And she passed Undaunted 9 on the way, which leaves only Ma'Licious and Kemel Al-Stakalaami - the kids - on that grind. Laurie is busy doing Master Writs, as the backlog built up while we were saving up for Serenity Falls. It's her job to make all the new furnishings, too, but she's persuaded several of her customers to wait for the plans Minx is going to get from larceny.

Update: Minx got her "Indecent Exposure" achievement, but only after three attempts to pickpocket a guard succeeded! And then he attacked her immediately, instead of just fining her, and taking her stolen goods. She had to run off to the Outlaw refuge, let the bounty drop and come and surrender to a different guard.

She wasn't impressed with the result either. She'd seen the same outfit in Rawl'kha on most of the crafting mules, and was sure she could manage some proper indecency. "Wait, did they glue these things on?"

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 29 2020, 04:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 1 2020, 01:36 PM
Post #4033

Councilor
Group Icon

Minx got her pick-pocket achievement, and we barely remembered what it was all being done for, and bought the stacked coin furnishings. tongue.gif

She's now supposed to be gathering the rare furnishing plans that are only available that way, such as thrones. There's still not a great deal of enthusiasm, but at least she now has all the skill perks that make it feasible.

Ma'Licious finished the Southern Elsweyr story quests, so now she's done both, and feels she deserves the Clanmother title.

Taminwe has bought Black Vine Villa, as Mathiisen Manor is not working out as a home. She'll still spend a lot of her time at the larger place, but wants a cozy hideaway, too. Just like Laurie works at Hunding's, but lives at Twin Arches. So now we have several empty homes, and a Heartwood shortage. kvright.gif Hall of the Lunar Champion will probably remain empty, but the others won't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 8 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #4034

Ancient
Group Icon

Really glad I logged in today. I gotta have that crow skull salet for Brenna!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 10 2020, 05:36 PM
Post #4035

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 8 2020, 10:53 AM) *

Huh? What Crow Skull?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 10 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #4036

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 10 2020, 11:36 AM) *

Huh? What Crow Skull?

It’s in this month’s log in rewards. It’s a hat with a crow skull “mask” and feathers surrounding it.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 10 2020, 06:23 PM
Post #4037

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 10 2020, 12:58 PM) *

Huh? What Crow Skull?

It’s in this month’s log in rewards. It’s a hat with a crow skull “mask” and feathers surrounding it.

Hmmm, I'll have to look at it! (sounds like the Mazatun hat; which I love!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 10 2020, 09:17 PM
Post #4038

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 10 2020, 12:23 PM) *

Huh? What Crow Skull?

It’s different! It’s similar in construction to the deer skull and bull skull masks you could get. Reachmen garb.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 10 2020, 10:39 PM
Post #4039

Ancient
Group Icon

Is it like one of the plague doctor masks from the middle ages?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 10 2020, 10:42 PM
Post #4040

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 10 2020, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 10 2020, 12:23 PM) *

Huh? What Crow Skull?

It’s different! It’s similar in construction to the deer skull and bull skull masks you could get. Reachmen garb.

IPB Image

Holy Cow! Oh yeah; I see Brenna liking that! Wasn't it Brenna who went through the Falkreath Hold with me and Britta? She was most def a Reachwoman! That will be Awesome for her to wear!

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 200 201 202 203 204 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:54 PM