Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The cursed blood., Chapter 1: The celebration.
jack cloudy
post Apr 25 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Sorry about not updating. I promise I'll work on the next one while at school. (Hey, you've got to use the time there for something. smile.gif )

Sorry Griff, but I can't tell why the old fart is so Uber just yet. I would spoil what little there is of a plotline.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 25 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

I'll wait, don't worry. Reading your story will make the time pass with great speed. And I also like how you spend your time at school, just my kind of person. Time well spent I say, well except when you come home wit low marks and the parents go mad. I've also updated my story and I'm sure you'd like it, you being my oldest fan of sorts.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 25 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

Aureus really and truly kicks so much A$$. I loved it when he sent that first vampire flying. Great work on this new story, you've drawn us all in once again!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 25 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Nah, I still pay attention during classes. It is just that I sometimes have like 50 minutes between one class and the next. That is way too long to walk up two stairs. So I sit down and start writing. Besides, I never feel like having lunch, so i get an extra 45 minutes just from that.

This is the first update. I am still working on the next one that I already wrote down on bits of paper. (Lots of free time at school.)
I just realized something. If there was a list that ranked fan fiction characters on their Uberdness factor, Aureus would be pretty high on the list. It is not so apparent in this update, but it will be in the next. evillol.sml.gif

Raxle Berne tried to swallow back his fear but failed miserably. Why was it his clan that the man decided to visit?
,,They went southwest, to Suran or Vivec. That is all I know, I swear. Now please let me live, I mean you no harm!”
Aureus looked at the vampire with cold eyes.
,,Don’t worry, for I shall not harm you. If however, you go too far with this wimpering behaviour, I might reconsider.” He said and the trails of magicka that whirled around him expanded in a thin mist that felt warm to the touch.

Raxle Berne looked at the dead vampire against the wall once the two had left. At least it wasn’t him who had been killed by the man. Odd, the corpse didn’t look like a vampire at all. He then looked at his own hands and realized what had happened. He had been cured.
,,NOOO!!!” He screamed.

Outside, they were greeted by the sight of a campfire with a few lumps of meat hanging above it. Next to the fire, an Altmer sat who was whistling a tune while cooking the meat.
,,Really, how am I supposed to keep up with you if you go running all over the island?” Jalin said and shook his head.

,,Something came up.” Aureus responded and turned around.
,,Now we will talk about you, girl. You will go straight back to Ald’rhun where you shall remain and forget about all this. This is my task and I can’t be bothered to look after another Mirhtri! You both have this horrible talent for getting into trouble.” Jana’s mouth fell wide open. She’d gotten so used to his polite manners that this blunt way of talking was simply shocking. And there was something else.
,,How did you know my name?”

,,I observe and draw my conclusions. You don’t look like your father, but you share the same spirit. And Athus wouldn’t just give his sword to anyone. Now get your feet on the road back to Ald’rhun, you have nothing to do with this and I would like to keep it that way. Jalin, pack that meat and put out the fire. We’re leaving.” Aureus said and began to walk to the south with the Altmer soon following.

Jana stood in front of the vampire’s lair for a while. As she thought of it, she got very angry with the whole situation.
,,Now wait a minute. It is my father who has been killed and not his. Besides, who in the name of Akatosh does he think he is?” She muttered and ran off in the direction the two men were headed.

,,Wait up!” The two men stopped and turned around when they heard the voice. Behind them, the Dunmer girl skidded to a halt and stood there gasping for breath.
,,I’m going with you, like it or not.” She said with a defiant tone.
Jalin frowned. He’d seen the first signs of vampirism. Why were it always the scary types that met up with the old man?
,,Just do it, Aureus. Your not going to get rid of her. Besides, she’s just your type.” He said with a chuckle. Aureus shrugged and began to walk again. He waved his hand to tell them to follow.

,,Jalin, go and look up on some clues. We’re looking for a Silver Eye and a Dunmer with one hand. Jana, you will need some better clothes, so follow me.” Aureus said once they’d barely put a foot within the city of Suran. He then pushed the girl into the nearest clothier.

,,Good morning, can I hel….Out! I don’t want vampires here! Out, or I’ll call the gua…” The clothier was cut off by a cloud of magicka that entered his mouth. When he next opened his mouth, no sound came out. Jana was looking unhappy. Was it already visible? She ran a finger across her teeth and noticed to her horror that they had grown.

Another cloud of magicka sailed towards the clothier.
,,You will help this girl with finding a hooded cloak of good quality. You won’t call the guards or try anything else. We’ll be gone here soon.” Aureus then pulled a large bag of gold out of nowhere and put it down on the counter. ,,Here’s a small compensation.”

The clothier was still silenced when he moved away from the counter and directed the girl to a rack filled with cloaks in all kinds of colours. Jana wandered across the racks like a small child at her birthday. Should she take the red one or the blue one?
,,Have you decided?” Aureus asked after at least an hour.
,,Umm, yes. I’ll take the ….black one.”

Jalin was sitting on a bench and was busy with cleaning his crossbow that was slightly bloodstained.
,,Finally done? I’ve figured out where our vampire went. Too bad I had to put a bolt into a drunkard from point-blank range. Anyway, our friend is headed towards Vivec.” The Altmer said without looking up.
Aureus looked in the direction of the city and noticed the first few rays of the sun looming over the mountains.

,,We’ll take a siltstrider after nightfall. In the meantime, I’ll find a place where we can get our guest out of the sun.” He said and pointed at Jana.
Jalin rolled his eyes. ,,Sorry, but I’ll pass on this one. No fleas for me. I’ll walk. See you there.” He said, got up and wandered out of the gate.

,,Now, I suggest you stay in your room. I’ll bring you some diner when it is time. Sorry about this, but I am going to put you on a bloodless diet. Your looks won’t improve, but it won’t hurt your conscience.” The old man told her when he shoved her into a room. The room had been paid for by a big bag of gold just like the one he gave to the clothier. Where did he get those from?

Jana looked around the room. It was small, dirty and there was nothing to do. She moved to the nearby mirror and recoiled in horror at the sight. Her vampirism had indeed progressed. Her skin had taken on a sickening light green and her eyes were now pink rather than red. Her teeth were longer and sharper and worst of all, she looked a few hundred years older than she actually was. She smashed the mirror with her sword in frustration. ,,I hate vampires!”

Aureus in the meantime was sitting in the tavern doing something he hadn’t done in a long time. He was getting drunk. ,,Why couldn’t the young fool tell me exactly what was going on in that letter instead of simply saying that there was big trouble. If he did, I wouldn’t have taken a nap in the inn right outside his house.” The man muttered and stared blankly ahead.

A wounded Dunmer with a huge scar covering part of his face sat at the other side of the table. ,,Sorry, but there is no free table left. Mind if I sit here?” He asked and put a short sword on the floor.
,,No, go ahead.”

,,Thank you. Stupid Cliffracers. If they didn’t exist, I would be so much happier. And less wounded.” The Dunmer continued, oblivious to the fact that Aureus wasn’t in the mood to talk.
,,Sure, I know a way to get them off the island. I’ll write it down on a piece of paper for you.” Aureus responded.

The Dunmer looked at the piece of paper he got and let out a cry of joy.
,,Brilliant! I, Jiub, am in your debt. Now I can make those accursed Cliffracers leave Vvardenfell.” Jiub shouted and ran out of the door. It was then that Aureus realized what he’d done. But he couldn’t be worried about it, not now.
,,I wonder what will happen to the ecosystem without any Cliffracers. Every creature has its place. Oh well, it’s time to bring the girl some diner.” He muttered and emptied his cup.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 25 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Jana was having the same dream again. She was back in the snow with the silver mountain in the distance that explodes. This time, she could also hear a voice. ,,Come. Come and see the power of your lord with your eyes.”

,,Jana. Your meal.” Aureus woke her up and put a steaming bowl of fried Cliffracer under her nose. ,,You better enjoy it, for it might be the last time you get to eat a Cliffracer.” The man continued. Now what was that supposed to mean?
After she ate her meal, Aureus led her over to the silt strider port. The caravaner was a bit reluctant at first, but another command humanoid spell managed to persuade him. By now, Jana was really beginning to think that the old man was scary. Who was willing to invest in spells that allowed him to command people? She didn’t had much time to ponder the question, as the rapidly filling bucket was infinitely more interesting.

Vivec looked like a huge pyramid and was even weirder than those Telvanni mushrooms.
,,This is…” Jana had no idea what to say.
,,Interesting architecture.” Aureus finished the words for her.

,,Took your sweet time as usual. Well, no vampires here as I expected.” Jalin said as he crossed the bridge towards them.
,,Well, where did they went?” Jana responded impatiently. They really didn’t had time for all this.
,,Well, that over there is the Foreign Canton. I suggest you cross it to the south, past all the other cantons….”
,,You mean there are more than one of these things?!” Jana screamed in surprise.
,,Let me finish, girl. Anyway, keep walking till you hit the palace and ask Vivec. They say he is a god so he’ll probably know. And put that hood over your face, girl. You don’t want the guards here to notice the little detail called vampirism.”
Aureus smiled again for the first time since the vampire’s lair.
,,A god, you say? Now this will be interesting.” He said which caused Jalin to roll his eyes.
,,Oh no, what have I done? I think I’ll wait outside. I don’t want to see this.” The Altmer said.

The walk to the other side of Vivec was a long one. There, they found out that the doors to the palace was locked. Aureus used another spell and he walked inside with Jana behind him. Jalin decided to wait outside. The room inside was largely empty, with a low platform in the center. Above the platform floated Vivec, the mighty god of the Tribunal.

Vivec looked at the two guests. Ever since the Nerevarine destroyed the heart of Lorkhan, he had been losing his powers. That stung him and he’d never been in a good mood ever since. ,,I curse you, Luper Alkad.” He muttered. These words had become the usual thing he said when something annoyed him, which meant all the time.
,,Who are you and how did you get in?” Vivec said out loud with a voice that was used to giving orders. Aureus smiled.
,,Just a small trick. Didn’t you ever learn to respect the elderly, Vivec?” He responded.
,,Elderly?! I have lived ten times as long as you have, Imperial! It is you who should respect me! And I am a god! Now leave unless you want to face my wrath!” Vivec spat at him.

Aureus shook his head. Normally, he would have been amused by this and resorted to a subtle play with words. But this wasn’t the time for it.
,,I hope you don’t worship the Tribunal.” He said to Jana and raised his hands.
,,What?” The girl asked.
,,Nevermind. Vivec, sit down.”
,,What did you say, mortal?” The god whispered with increasing anger.
,,I said, sit down.” With a loud thud, Vivec hit the floor.

,,Foolish man, do you want to die?! Release me if you want to live!” Vivec screamed with his most threatening voice, but words were the only weapons he could fight with for as long as the old man kept him pinned to the floor.
,,I am a god! How dare you to defy me?!”
Aureus shook his head. This was getting annoying.
,,Jana, put your sword on his neck. He is as mortal as anyone and values his life over everything else.”

Once Vivec felt the Ebony blade resting on his neck, he instantly calmed down. Cold reasoning took the place of wild rage.
“Watch it, old man. You will have to release me sometime and when that happens, you will pay in blood.”

,,I don’t have much time, so I’ll keep it short. I am looking for a man who wore a belt that looks like it was made out of silver eyes. I have a feeling he came through here. Tell me where he went, god.” Aureus began his interrogation.
Vivec pretended to be broken. He would use the truth for now.
,,He took a boat to the mainland, to Mournhold.”

Aureus couldn’t help but flash a short smile. This was too easy.
,,Then you will prepare a boat so that we can follow him.”
Vivec closed his eyes and laughed inwardly. The man couldn’t possibly hear how he telepathically ordered all of his Ordinators to gather in front of the palace. There would be a nasty surprise when he came outside.
,,I asked for a boat, not an army.”
Vivec blinked. How did he manage to listen?
,,It is done.” The god muttered.

,,Good that was all.” Aureus said and turned around. Vivec saw the girl walk to the man’s side and felt the invisible force that kept him against the floor disappear. This was his chance. Now they would know the true power of a god. Vivec stood up and prepared a spell. With a casual wave of his hand, Aureus threw the god out through the wall. A splash told them that Vivec had landed in the lake that surrounded the city.
,,I hate it when people try to attack me from behind.” The Imperial muttered.

Jalin was impatiently pacing back and forth. Every single Ordinator in the city had gathered in front of the palace. This didn’t look good which made him worried. Those Ordinators might get hurt.
,,I hope we didn’t keep you waiting.”
Jalin turned around and saw that Aureus and Jana were standing behind him. How did they get out of the palace without being seen?
,,Recall?” He asked.
,,No, a convenient opening in the wall. Anyway, I doubt those Ordinators will stay there for long. Someone will have to fish Vivec out of the lake. Now, we have a boat waiting for us. Are you coming?” Aureus answered.

Jalin muttered a light curse under his breath. He could’ve known.
,,Not even a god is safe from you. Let’s get out of here before you hurt anyone else.” He said and walked to the harbour as fast as he could. Aureus followed with his usual smile and Jana came last. She couldn’t help but wonder just where Aureus learned to use magicka like that. Was there anything he couldn’t stop with a flick of his hands? She might even come to pity this Silver Eye vampire when they met him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 26 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

Wow! Now this guy is too damn invincible! He is almost like one of my Morrowind demigods. Seriously now, humiliating Vivec like he was a little child? I realise he is now mortal but he still has most of his powers so he isn't a weakling. Anyway, the update was great and there was alot of wit and humour in it, something which I notice in most of your stories. Keep up the great work and please, for realism's sake, at least tell us why that old fart is so 1337 or at least lower his powers. I wonder why he's even trying to stop the Silver Eye? Couldn't he just pop his head with telepathy after locating him with some uber spell?

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 26 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, I think I just went a bit overboard there. What can I say, I love old guys who kick everyone's behind like it's nothing. evillol.sml.gif Anyway, I tried to put a bit of a limit on his abilities. Basically, the Silver Eye knows how to handle him.

Chapter 2: Two paths.

The boat was waiting for them and set out as soon as they’d boarded. At least Vivec kept his word, though it was doubtful he liked it. Jana was now really getting curious to her companions and managed to drag Aureus into her cabin.
,,Alright, I want answers and I want them now.” She told him. Perhaps not the best way to talk to him, considering his powers, but he never tried to hurt her till now.
Aureus looked at her and realized that it was time for him to start talking. He would give her what she wanted, but he would keep the details to himself.
,,Alright, I have some time. So, what do you want to know?” He said and sat down in a chair.

,,Now, who are you and why are you in this? And one more thing. If you can treat a god like a child, then why can’t you blow up this vampire we’re after from the other side of the continent?”
Aureus smiled. Just the things Athus said, except for the god part. This was rather amusing.
,,I am just an old man who wants to help an old friend who is in trouble. Athus is still alive, in case you didn’t know. As I’ve said before, I observe and draw my conclusions. Now if Athus is death, why take the body and leave the hand? Surely, they would take all of his body, or not at all. They need him alive for something, and I intend to find out. And now about your other question.”

Aureus paused for a moment. Telling people of his limits had never been something he was comfortable with. Yes, he was powerful, but there was an end to how far he could go.
,,I am connected in a way to the Silver Eye clan of vampires. As such, they know how to handle me. The man we are chasing is not the oldest vampire himself, but that doesn’t stop him from being able to hide from me. I can’t see him if he doesn’t want to, and he definitely doesn’t want to be seen. Now I could blow up the whole continent in the hope that I hit him, but that would take more than a lifetime and it wouldn’t be worth it. I do have my weaknesses, and my inability to see this clan of vampires without being seen myself is one of them.”

Aureus smiled. It was his time to ask questions.
,,Now tell me, why are you in this chase? I don’t believe your father would like you to seek out danger.”
Jana shrugged.
,,I was actually supposed to go to the Lord of Kalom in Argonia somewhere. But I don’t want to go and hide like a scared child.”
Aureus chuckled. Now this was a surprise. The Lord of Kalom? Now the man he knew who was the closest thing to a lord in the sanctuary of Kalom wasn’t exactly a noble.
,,I know the lord, for as far as you can call him one. Unfortunately, he is not in Argonia at the moment. He tends to travel a lot.” He said and laughed softly.

Aureus suddenly fell silent and looked at the wall without seeing anything.
,,Aureus, what’s wrong?”
The old man shook his head.
,,There was a very powerful call. The vampire has been searching his path to look for anyone who might be following him and he found me. He now knows that we are following. I was hoping to avoid this and that’s why I didn’t look for him. The method being used to find people over long ranges like this can’t be hid from, but using it will also tell your target of your location. Since we’re already found out, there is no further need to hide.” He said.
,,Looks like our prey is about to dock at Mournhold.” He added a moment later.

Mournhold

The shrouded man watched how the streets of Mournhold came closer. Finally, he would leave this forsaken land. He waited till the boat gently bumped into the dock and hopped off. A gesture of his hand later, and another man walked off the boat like a zombie. One of his hands was missing and the end of the remaining arm had been burned. The two set of through the night towards the nearest gate.

,,What’s wrong with your friend?” The shrouded man turned around and looked at the Redguard who stood behind him. He noticed the heavy armour covered in mud and the big Claymore on his back. A warrior.
,,Leave us alone.” The shrouded man answered.
,,Wait a minute. I know a command humanoid spell when I see one. I am not a braindead swordswinger like most Redguards. Now who are you?” The shrouded man’s eyes burned with anger. This mortal was getting annoying.
,,Leave us…or die.”

The Redguard had his Claymore out and on the man’s neck within a blink of the eye.
,,I’ll ask you one last time, pal. Who are you? And you better hurry up, cause I still want to get drunk before renting a room at an inn.”
The shrouded man didn’t respond. The man had surprised him, interesting.
,,We might meet again, Redguard. Think before you act, next time.” He finally said and hit the Redguard with a paralyzing spell. As the Redguard slumped to the ground, the shrouded man moved on with the commanded Dunmer behind him.

Once out of the city, he was met by the vampires he left behind on the mainland, each of which was wearing a silver belt that gleamed in the light of the moon.
They presented him with the blood he’d been lacking during his journey and he gladly drank it. He felt the rejuvenating power course through his veins. Now he could walk in the sun again and travel during the day without burning. This would surely speed up his journey.

He then focussed and followed his steps back to Vvardenfell with his mind. His attention was drawn by a familiar scent on a boat not too far from Mournhold. He stepped back in surprise and anger. He knew the man who was on that boat and there was only one reason why the man might be there. He knew he was being followed. If so, then he would provide an adequate distraction.
,,I am being followed by the traitor. Go to his home and destroy it. I shall present him with two paths to follow, each with a great price. It is time for him to die and he shall, after having lost everything he worked for. Now go.” He told the vampires with a vicious snarl.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 26 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #28

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Great update Jack, interesting way to end that last part. Leaves me wondering what will happen next...well don't leave me waiting...give me an update. laugh.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 27 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #29

Knower
Group Icon

This is a very nice fan fiction cool.gif
But seriusly,the Vivec part?
Oh please........

Other that everything is really intresting,and i'm looking forward to next update smile.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 27 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #30

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Mournhold! City of Light City of Magic.....yeah right! I´d say City of horror! I´ll be so worried about the whole thing.......great update Mr Cloudy

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 29 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

You really are a master writer! I hope you write some more battles in the Clash of the Titans since I've missed your masterful way of writing from the first battle. In which Arthago unfortunately lost. I really liked the fact that you were inspired by my questions and I'm also glad to see the origin of Aureus' powers. So it seems he is a vampire himself? Anyway, I won't keep you from writing.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 29 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Last time I checked it seemed as if all the battles were already taken. Maybe with the next clash.

Also, sorry for not updating sooner, I had a bit of writer's block. And then my other hobby (3d modelling) seemed to absorb me. From 15000 poly's down to 6000 and it even looks better, yay!
Anyway, time to introduce a not so new character.

Mournhold, next day.

The boat hit the dock with a barely noticeable bump. While the captain and his crew weren’t very friendly, they knew their job. Jana was eager to get off. She always felt a bit sick when on a boat. The sooner she felt solid ground under her feet again, the better. She pulled her hood deep over her head to protect herself from the sun before heading up to the deck. Being a vampire had some massive disadvantages, the fact that the sun could kill her being one of them. After this was all over, she would go looking for a cure.

She went off the ship and instantly tripped over a small rock, causing her to fall against a Redguard who was walking past.
,,Watch where you’re going, cutie!” The Redguard said as he pulled her back on her feet in a rather rough way. No sense for subtlety with this one.
,,Yuck. Where have you been, in a swamp?” Jana said in disgust when she noticed that her clothes were covered in mud, dirt and bits of plant, most of it came from the Redguard’s dirty armour.
,,Hey, how did you know? I just came from Argonia.”

,,Ah, good to see that you two are getting acquainted.” Aureus stepped off the boat without any embarrassing incidents.
The Redguard looked at Aureus, then at Jana and then at Aureus again.
,,Hey, you didn’t wrote you picked up a vampie girl in the inn.” He complained while waving what could’ve been a letter, before it was brought in the man’s care.

,,A vampie girl?! Now who in the name of Akatosh do you think you are?! Don’t you have any manners?! Does it look like I like it?!” The Redguard smiled and didn’t seems to be in the least offended by Dunmer’s tirade.
,,Repul Dakla. Manners are something that I’ve never really liked and you’d better calm down before the whole city knows. Some people here are quite fanatic. Now who might you be, sweet nose?”

,,Calm down, mylady. This man may be a bit rough around the edges, but he is quite capable.” Aureus said before Jana could grab her sword. He wasn’t worried that the Redguard got hurt, or that he would hurt Jana. But the girl was a vampire, and even an accidental touch of her own sword’s blade would destroy her completely.
,,Perhaps you should give her your ring for the moment, sir. Jana, whatever you do, keep the Feathered Sun sheathed. It could destroy you by accident.”

Repul took off the complex gauntlet of Dwemer steel that covered his right hand and then took a small ring of his finger.
,,There you go. One Daedric sword and improved muscles in a small package. Be careful with it, it cost me a fortune.” Repul said as he handed it over.

,,I gave the captain his pay.” Jalin said and smoothly hopped off the ship. He then noticed Repul.
,,So the reinforcements have arrived. I do hope you’re not drunk.” He commented.
,,Nah, they only sell crap nowadays. It wasn’t worth the trouble of drinking.” Repul answered.
,,I’ll give you the grand tour while we go to the gate. Follow me.” The Redguard continued and walked away.

,,The scaly khajitt tavern is on your right, the place with the best alcohol in town. To your left you can see a smith, but he isn’t that great, just Iron crap. Further ahead you can see the temple. Those freaks still won’t believe that Almalexia lost her head, literally.” Repul was more acting like the guide of a tourist rather than a mercenary who had been hired.
,,What’s over there?”
,,That, girl, is the castle of King Helseth. You want to stay away though…Hey, come back here!”

Repul easily caught up with her and managed to make her stop.
,,Stupid Dark Elf! The Royal guards aren’t a nice bunch! Now come along before they see me.” He said and began to drag Jana away from the castle.
,,There he is! He has returned! For glory!” A Royal guard shouted and stormed towards them with a few other guards behind him.
,,Not again, don’t they ever learn? Now just head through that street and keep following it till you reach the gates. I’ll meet you there once I’ve got rid of these pests.” Repul said and disappeared in thin air.

While Jana, Aureus and Jalin walked towards the gates, the Royal guards were being embarrassed by the invisible Repul who laughed while he used some Telekinesis on them.
,,Hey, does that armour of yours have a drain intelligence enchantment perhaps? You are the dumbest guards I’ve ever met. Well, I’ve got to be going. See ya!” He shouted when he became visible again and walked away, leaving a bunch of dizzy guards behind.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 29 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #33

Knower
Group Icon

Repul Dakla? It isn't quite an original name isn't it? Luper Alkad spelt backwards or is it just me? Anyway, this update was great and you introduced the Redguard in a grand way. Keep up the great work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 29 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Well actually, I used quite a long time while thinking of a good name. In the end I decided for this one. It is good enough for its purpose. Anyway, an update with a lot of talking.

Argonia

The waters of the swamp were as peaceful as always. The plants bent slightly under a gentle breeze and the fish swum through the water looking for food. An Argonian put the remains of his meal in a bag and headed out of the small hut he lived in. He passed people of all races as he walked through the town and went past a beautifully decorated platform.

A couple of hours later, the Argonian fed the fish with the contents of his bag as he swum around through the swamp.
,,Hmm, Luminous Copricus. This shall be good for tonight’s meal.” The Argonian muttered and put a bit of the mushroom in his bag. A sudden vibration in the water made him look up and he noticed a group of shrouded men on a nearby bank. He swum over to them. Once closer, he noticed that each and every one of them was a vampire and they all wore a silver belt.

,,Greetings. I am Green-Root, monk. Have you come in search of the sanctuary?”
The vampires had been watching the approach of the Argonian. Now one of them stepped towards him.
,,As a matter of fact, yes. Could you please tell us where to find it?”
The Argonian nodded.
,,Yes, certainly. Go to that black tree over there and then move in the direction of the sun. Follow the trees marked with the symbol of the sun rising over a green tree. It is a walk of a few hours. There aren’t many vampires at the shrine. You shall be welcome.”

The vampire smiled and bared his teeth.
,,Thank you, fool.” He said and drew his sword.
The Argonian went into a defensive stance, with his hands slightly bent. This was a fight he couldn’t win. He began the gestures of a spell when the sword of the vampire swung down and carved through his shoulder. Still, the Argonian managed to finish the spell and disappeared in a cloud of magicka before he could be killed.

He reappeared on the platform at the edge of the town where he collapsed on the ground.
,,Bad men are coming. Vampires.” He whispered to the people who came running towards him before embracing the darkness.

West of Mournhold.

The two men were riding on horses when the one at the front stopped and gazed towards the south.
,,So it shall begin. Let’s see which path you shall choose, traitor. Will you save your friend who you’ve sworn to save, or the people you have sworn to protect?” After looking around for a few seconds, the man put his horse back into motion and continued on his path, with the other man following like a zombie.

Slightly west of Mournhold.

The small group walked along the path in total silence. After the little scene with the guards, nothing had happened, which was probably for the best.
,,So, why are you travelling with a Daedra?” Jana asked when she couldn’t bear the silence any longer.

,,What?” Repul muttered.
,,I asked why you were travelling with a Daedra. Don’t think I am too stupid to figure out that this Aureus is a Daedra. I just don’t know if he is Sheogorath or Molag Bal.”
The Redguard laughed.
,,Aureus, a Daedra! Nice try, girl.” He answered.
,,Hey, I’ve got a name, you know!”

Repul stopped and looked at her.
,,Really, well I hope you don’t expect me to simply know your name. I am good, but not that good.”
Jana sighed. This guy sure was annoying.
,,My name is Jana Mirhtri. And it is a much better name than yours.”
,,Hey, I worked long to find a name I could remember! So don’t go telling me that it is a bad name. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is easy to remember.” The Redguard responded with an angry tone.

Now Jana was surprised.
,,You mean it is not your real name?”
,,No, and I’m not telling you my real name. It is much too well known. I am not using my real name till I’ve ended my vacation!” Repul walked to the front of the group and left the girl behind.

,,She’s a curious one.” Aureus said with a chuckle.
,,Yeah, I noticed. And don’t you dare to tell her my name. Demi-god or not, I will still punch you if you do.” Repul responded.
Aureus didn’t answer. His eyes shot to the south.
,,No, it can’t be happening.” He muttered with disbelief.

He then turned around.
,,There is a change of plan. You shall all head for Skyrim. I am going back home. I shall meet you again by morning.” He said before walking off the path.
,,What’s happening?” Jalin asked.
,,The Silver Eyes are attacking the sanctuary.” Aureus whispered.
,,Then we shall all go!”

,,No, Jalin! It is a trap! They have put me before a choice, and I have chosen! I shall go and deal with them at the Sanctuary, you shall continue your chase.”
Jalin stepped towards the old man with his crossbow in his hand.
,,I will have to ignore your request. The sanctuary is also my home. I shall not allow anyone to harm my people.” He said with a grim voice.

Aureus looked at his old friend and then at the other two people in their group.
,,I suppose you two also want to come?” He said.
,,Hey, I don’t want to miss the fun!” Repul answered and dragged Jana with him as he moved towards the old man.
,,And that also means we’ll have to take miss vamp with us. We can’t leave her alone like this.” He continued with a big grin.

Aureus smiled. It felt good to know that he would have some help.
,,Fine. Take my hands and I shall transport us to the sanctuary. We shall spring the trap and make them regret what they’ve done.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 29 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #35

Knower
Group Icon

OMG!
More,More,More!
This is just becoming very intresting....

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Apr 29 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #36

Knower
Group Icon

Oh, I think I know what this Repul's real name is. Anyway, I'm anxious to see what will happen at the sanctuary. Keep up the excellent work.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Apr 30 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

This is an amazing story Jack! Far better then my Xander story kvleft.gif Just one thing...promise me you wont enter Aureus into the next Clash of the Titans. Anyone who can manhandle Vivec like he did would mop the floor with anyone.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 30 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

It is always pleasing to hear that people like it.

Oh come on, Taillus. Please let me enter him. Nah, just joking. smile.gif I've played with the idea myself but decided not to. For one, it wouldn't be fair for the other competitors. And the other thing is his personality. Knowing him, Aureus would smile and go straight for Hircine. And knowing his powers, Hircine doesn't stand a chance. evillol.sml.gif

And your Xander story isn't bad at all.

Argonia

The town was empty when Aureus teleported them to the platform. Most of the huts had been burned down to the ground. The place was filled with an eerie silence.
,,No!” Jalin shouted and ran towards one of the few huts that were still standing. He’d never looked so angry. Inside, he came to a halt in front of the bodies of two death Altmer and fell on his knees.

No one said a word. They all just looked at the carnage. Whatever had happened, the two Altmer hadn’t died peacefully. Repul walked over to a basket that stood in one corner and lifted its cover. He then reached inside and pulled out a sobbing Breton girl of about six years old. ,,Well, looks like your hide and seek games paid off. You alright, Amarie?” The man said in a surprisingly friendly tone, like everyone’s favourite uncle.

,,Lup? You came back? Bad people came. I got scared and hid.” The girl managed to say between the sobbing. Repul cast a quick glance at Jana who was openly staring at him. She knew it wasn’t the time to worry about that, but there just was something familiar with that name.
,,Don’t worry. Everything is alright. I’m here now and I’ll have a small chat with these people in a language they understand. A language that includes the business-end of Chrysamere.” The Redguard said with a grim voice and put the Breton down next to where Jalin sat.
,,Why don’t you take care of your sister for now. You’re not in the mood for fighting.” He told the Altmer before walking outside.

,,Now come on out and play, you bloody cowards!” He shouted a second later. Aureus shook his head and walked out of the hut.
,,They’re not going to come if you shout, my friend. They want me, not you. Now that means they’re likely at my tower.” The old man said before walking away to the edge of town. The tip of a large tower could be seen over the treetops.

The vampires were indeed at the tower. There were five of them and they were all camping in front of the locked gates. They were feasting on the corpses of the people they killed while the surviving townspeople had apparently fled to the tower. Several of the survivors were now standing on top of the wall. Jana couldn’t believe what she saw. Was that a zombie with a bow up there?

The zombie nocked an arrow and fired it at one of the vampires below. The vampire caught the arrow and then threw it back at the zombie. Several arrows that were embedded in the zombie’s flesh showed that this had already happened before. The arrow flew straight at the zombie who made no attempt at avoiding it. Just before the arrow hit its target, it sailed to the left and bounced of the wall. The vampire looked at the arrow and the zombie without knowing what had happened before looking behind him and seeing what caused the arrow to change its course.
,,You have invaded the sanctuary that I’ve built and now you shall face the consequences. I have chosen your fate!” Aureus said while he stepped towards them with one of his katanas in his hand. Jana and Repul followed him.

Jana’s hand went to the broadsword on her back but she remembered what Aureus had told her and used Repul’s ring instead. A mighty Daedric Longsword formed in her hand which she looked at in amazement. It was the first time she saw anything made of Daedric. She shook her head and focussed her eyes on the approaching vampires. This wasn’t the time to admire a weapon. It was three against five, not exactly nice odds.

One vampire decided to pick the Dunmer as his target and he raised his sword above his head. It appeared to be a simple and easily avoided chop, but the vampire changed the angle of his attack with lightning speed and got under her sword. Jana felt blood flowing down her arm.
The pain caused her to panic and she wildly swung at the vampire who stepped back before stabbing at her leg. The second wound shook her awake and she went into a defensive stance.

Jana managed to cast a quick glance at her surroundings before returning her attention back to her opponent. Both Repul and Aureus were both fighting two vampires at the same time. Multiple magical shields were coming from the Redguard’s gauntlets and pauldrons, which made his defence nearly impenetrable. She saw how one vampire managed to pass the man’s sword and two shields, but his weapon bounced of the third, causing the vampire to lose his balance. Before he got his balance back, he’d already been cut in three different pieces.

Aureus didn’t had any shielding spells, but he didn’t need them as he moved just as fast as the two vampires he was fighting. He parried the attacks of one vampire with his katana while avoiding the attacks of the other. He then used a large wave of ice to make the vampires step back.

Jana didn’t had time to see more as her own opponent went into the offensive. Only the improved reflexes she’d received from her own vampirism allowed her to avoid the first attack. She fell on her back and the vampire stepped forward for the finishing blow, when a bolt of magicka shot from her glove. She rolled out of sword’s path and stood up. Blinded, the vampire never noticed how she got behind him.
,,Burn in Oblivion.” She said when she drove the Daedric blade through the vampire’s spine.

When she looked up, it was all over. Repul was standing near two piles of Vampire parts. The two vampires Aureus had been fighting with where nowhere to be found.
,,Where did yours go?” She asked and looked around warily.
Aureus smiled and pointed at the ground.
,,I buried them. They shall suffocate in the soil they wanted to drench with blood.” He said.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 30 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #39

Wise Woman
Group Icon

As I commented on Mr Oven´s story...what can i say......it´s just awesome....a rerally good and fascinating story......can´t wait for the next part!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 1 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

Alright a small update with a small surprise. (Or not, you can't exactly say that I've been subtle about it as Griff already pointed out. smile.gif ) What can I say, He's back! biggrin.gif

Inside the tower.

That night, all the villagers had diner in Aureus’s tower. Since most of the food in the village had been stepped on or worse by the vampires, it was up to Aureus to provide a meal which he did, with a lot of Magicka. He sure seemed to have a spell for everything. Despite the carnage, everyone seemed surprisingly happy. That was most likely cause no one wanted to be remembered right now. There would be time to grieve the next day.

Jana looked around carefully while trying to enjoy her meal. Being a vampire had both advantages and disadvantages. The advantages were simple, faster reflexes and more strength. The disadvantages where not very pleasant though, sensitivity to the sun, fire and she looked like an old hag. Worst of all, the longer she spent without feeding, the more she thirsted for blood. Just the idea of biting someone made her want to vomit. Resisting the urge to feed was terribly difficult.

She was helped by the fact that not all the people triggered her lust for blood. Repul smelled like he had some kind of a disease while Jalin and his Breton sister didn’t seem tasty at all. She noticed that both the Altmer and the Breton had similar amulets hanging around their neck that looked like a small moon.

,,So what happened underneath the volcano, Lup?” Amarie asked as she climbed out of her chair and walked over the table towards the Redguard. Repul looked at Jana for a moment and then sighed.
,,Oh what the heck, you were bound to find out anyway. My real name is Luper Alkad. The one and only.” He told the Dunmer.
Jana’s mouth fell open in surprise.
,,Luper Alkad? You mean the Luper Alkad? The Nerevarine?” She stammered.

Luper rolled his eyes.
,,No, I’m his evil twin. Well, of course I am the Luper Alkad. Never heard of anyone else with the name, though they might have gotten around to naming children after me. And don’t you dare to act like a fan. I already got half the Vvardenfell population praising my name and I really don’t need any more fans.” He said in an annoyed tone before turning to the little Breton and telling her the story about the end of Dagoth Ur.

Somewhere during the meal, Aureus stood up and walked out of the door. He went up to the top of his tower and looked at the burned huts below.
,,My life’s work, so fragile.” He muttered and shook his head.
He then went to his bedroom where he put on his travelling clothes and strapped his two katanas to his belt. He then went back to the top of his tower and jumped.
Within seconds, he was high above the clouds and headed north.
,,It is time to end this.”

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: May 2 2006, 04:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:38 AM