189 Pages V « < 187 188 189  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Now Watching, Films/ movies discussion
Dark Reaper
post Oct 8 2019, 04:14 AM
Post #3761

Master
Group Icon

I got finished watching the Joker movie and I really loved it, I highly recommend it also I'm not going to spoil anything you'll just have to watch it happy.gif !

--------------------
Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia (Extreme Evil, Extreme Remedy)
Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 8 2019, 05:49 AM
Post #3762

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Oct 7 2019, 10:14 PM) *

I got finished watching the Joker movie and I really loved it, I highly recommend it also I'm not going to spoil anything you'll just have to watch it happy.gif !

I’m excited to see it!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 12 2019, 02:18 AM
Post #3763

Ancient
Group Icon

I just finished watching the first 'season' of Ren: The Girl With the Mark. Like Dragon Age: Redemption, it is a series of webisodes about 9 minutes each. They all add up to a mini-movie about 45 minutes long. Amazon has it all put together into one episode. I believe it is also on YouTube.

It was really good. Like Mythica, it is another indie fantasy adventure story. I thought the setting was really cool. Lots of neat ideas and mythology that they hint it. I liked the protagonist: the eponymous Ren. My only dislike is that it is over. I look forward to more. I wish there was a novel to go with the show.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 15 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #3764

Ancient
Group Icon

I watched the second episode of Batwoman. Once again, it was solid. The plot has been very personal for these first two episodes. It is good. It gives Kate/us an immediate, personal stake in events. Often a series is not that personally focused right at the get go. It makes for a very engaging start.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 17 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #3765

Ancient
Group Icon

Thug Notes - The Heart of Darkness A really good review of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I read it a few months ago. This guy is spot on. Thug style.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Yesterday, 05:08 AM
Post #3766

Ancient
Group Icon

I finished watching the 2004 Battlestar Galactica. It was good mostly, but not great. The show really fell off the rails after the second season. Though it certainly had issues before that. Mainly in that they went for over the top drama. Every episode has some sort of manufactured conflict, even if it requires characters acting out of character to make it happen. Plus lots of gratuitous sex, again, even if there is no reason for the two characters to hook up - like Starbuck and Baltar, or Tigh and Caprica Six. Then there are no consequences for anyone's actions. At least until the final season. Then they decided to start killing off the characters since they knew they show was ending.

The ending was... less than stellar. It was also really depressing. Though that is a separate from the explanation for everything being "God did it."

Tonight I fired up the pilot movie of the original series - Saga of a Star World. It is nice to see Richard Hatch playing a good guy. Even after all these years, there is still a lot to like about the original show. I still love the original centurions, especially their voices. That "By your command!" is pure awesome. I love the original Cylon fighters and base ships. Though I did I like the base ships in the reboot series too.

I love the Colonial Warrior outfits, especially the jackets. The original vipers are also fantastic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Yesterday, 11:54 PM
Post #3767

Ancient
Group Icon

I finished the last of the Mythica movies today, Godslayer. It was good. They are all good. If you ever played tabletop RPGs, you will adore it. It has kind of a sad ending, but they certainly showed it coming. But even then, it is not all that sad. I highly recommend all five movies.

--------------------
+Quote Post

189 Pages V « < 187 188 189
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 11:18 PM