Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Encoding Errors Popping Back Up Again?, Some of our older posts that were fixed are broken again
mALX
post May 4 2019, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

A few years ago we had a server change, and immediately afterward ended up with all the older posts on the forum displaying certain punctuation (for example: quotation marks and apostrophes) as a black diamond with a question mark in the middle.

SubRosa identified it as an encoding error; and told us which encoding to change it to; and Darkness Eternal wrote out a formula for going back into our old posts and reformatting the encoding on them so they displayed correctly.

(something about changing the encoding, copying the page, refreshing something, pasting, and saving.

At that time I went through my entire story in the fiction section and fixed every posted chapter so it displayed correctly; but the other day I noticed that all those black diamonds are back again. Grrrrrrr, I don't know how the encoding could have been broken again! I haven't touched them since they were fixed years ago!

Does anyone remember how/what steps we need to take to fix them, and also know what is the correct encoding we should be setting it to?

(help please?)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:46 AM