Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kotor, The Knights of the Old Repulic 1 & 2 topic
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2020, 02:16 AM
Post #121

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 21 2020, 07:42 PM) *

There was always a lot of lightning in her games.

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... fun!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 22 2020, 03:48 AM
Post #122

Ancient
Group Icon

I think she always ended up playing a Dark Sider.

I usually played Sentinels, because they had a good balance of feats and force powers, and decent access to skills. A few years ago I learned how to mod the game, and made all the skills Class Skills. After that I tried playing a Guardian, and I had a blast! I love their class leap ability. I don't think there is any distance restriction. You don't need a ranged attack. It is just bam! and you are right in the bad guy's faces from across the map.

When I get to playing it with January, that will probably be her class. With lightning. At least I think you can still use force lightning with a Light Side character. I think it just costs more to use?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2020, 05:20 AM
Post #123

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 21 2020, 09:48 PM) *

I usually played Sentinels, because they had a good balance of feats and force powers, and decent access to skills. A few years ago I learned how to mod the game, and made all the skills Class Skills. After that I tried playing a Guardian, and I had a blast! I love their class leap ability. I don't think there is any distance restriction. You don't need a ranged attack. It is just bam! and you are right in the bad guy's faces from across the map.

When I get to playing it with January, that will probably be her class. With lightning. At least I think you can still use force lightning with a Light Side character. I think it just costs more to use?

Yeah! With Scoundrel, the jump attack counts as sneak attack!!! That’s one reason why I’m curious to play as a Scoundrel/Guardian.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 5 2020, 06:04 PM
Post #124

Ancient
Group Icon

So I got KotOR II yesterday from GOG during the May the 4th sale. I cannot get the Universal Widescreen patcher to work! I followed basically the same procedure I did for KotOR I but I don’t get an option to change the resolution to 1920x1080 in the game options. Also, the .ini edit won’t stay at 1920x1080, it keeps changing it back to whatever the stock highest setting is.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 5 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #125

Ancient
Group Icon

Did you also copy the Widescreen UI Fix to your override folder? It probably won't work without that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 5 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #126

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 5 2020, 12:41 PM) *

Did you also copy the Widescreen UI Fix to your override folder? It probably won't work without that.

Yep. That’s also part of the process for KotOR I.

I’ll keep researching and playing with it to see if I can get it fixed.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 5 2020, 07:04 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 5 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #127

Ancient
Group Icon

Found this video so I’ll see if it helps my situation after I get home from work.

*Edit: Update*
And of course it did not help at all. dry.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 6 2020, 07:12 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 6 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #128

Ancient
Group Icon

UPDATE:

Damnit!! Curse my ADD!!! I was putting in 1290 instead of 1920!!! It works fine now! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 6 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #129

Ancient
Group Icon

So, an ID10T error then... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 6 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #130

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 6 2020, 01:43 PM) *

So, an ID10T error then... wink.gif

Lol exactly wacko.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 2 2020, 02:31 AM
Post #131

Ancient
Group Icon

So how has the Kotoring been going? I'd like to hear more about your experiments with various classes and how they worked out. Especially the Scoundrel/Guardian.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 2 2020, 06:08 AM
Post #132

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 1 2020, 08:31 PM) *

So how has the Kotoring been going? I'd like to hear more about your experiments with various classes and how they worked out. Especially the Scoundrel/Guardian.

Wall o’text incoming!!

Lol, well, in KotOR, I’m currently playing a mod that lets you start off as one of the Jedi classes right when you wake up on the Endar Spire. I don’t know if you are familiar with it, but the way it works is kinda wonky. When you start the game you pick Soldier, Scout, or Scoundrel as usual. Then when you wake up, you immediately pick a Jedi class. You are technically an “apprentice” at that point and when you get to Dantooine you undergo your Padawan training like you normally would. Here though, you could change your Jedi class if you wanted to, which could make for some interesting multiclasses. I decided to play through as a Scoundrel1/Sentinel. Taris was ridiculously easy (I didn’t use lightsabers until after Bastilla joined our squad to role play trying to keep as low a profile as possible), as was Dantooine. We breezed through the first part of Tatooine and are currently in the Eastern Dune Sea about to do the stuff there. It’s kinda good that I’m breezing through the game because I’m wanting to play a Twi’lek Exile in KotOR 2 (a Twi’lek in KotOR 1 doesn’t make sense because I would imagine it would be difficult to cram those head tails into a Mandalorian helmet tongue.gif ), and also my attention has been pulled away to BATTLETECH as I’m trying out a mod that advances the timeline to 3062 and let’s you play with Clan mechs and technology!!

I will say I settled on Scoundrel 5/Sentinel 15 before deciding to try this mod. The Sentinel gives you the most skill points of any Jedi class which I want in order to increase both persuasion and Repair for the HK stuff. It also has a good balance between hp and feats, and force points and powers, which I know you are already well aware of. I’m trying to maintain a neutral or “Grey” alignment. I strongly considered Scoundrel 7/ Guardian 13, but decided against it since I wasn’t going for a Darkside alignment (you get a melee damage bonus for being all the way Darkside). 7 in scoundrel allows for strong Scoundrel’s Luck and Sneak Attack. Guardian is light on force points and powers but gives you more health, feats, and gives you the jump attack that takes advantage of your sneak attack bonus. It’s fun jumping around the battlefield like some kind of brutal grasshopper! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 2 2020, 06:19 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 2 2020, 07:20 AM
Post #133

Ancient
Group Icon

I have seen that Jedi from the start mod. But I never tried it. It sounds too overpowered. I mean, Carth by himself could probably clear out all of Taris. With a Jedi along for the ride...

Whenever I play it again, I might try the Scoundrel/Guardian. I read about it some more today.

So what are you doing for your weapons and attack powers? Are you still doing dual blades and Power Attack or Flurry?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 2 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #134

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 2 2020, 01:20 AM) *

I have seen that Jedi from the start mod. But I never tried it. It sounds too overpowered. I mean, Carth by himself could probably clear out all of Taris. With a Jedi along for the ride...

Whenever I play it again, I might try the Scoundrel/Guardian. I read about it some more today.

So what are you doing for your weapons and attack powers? Are you still doing dual blades and Power Attack or Flurry?

Yeah I’m currently doing dual sabers, one regular and one short (orange and silver, respectively tongue.gif . I’ll probably go all silver as soon as (if) I get another silver crystal.), with all 3 two handed feats. Primarily using flurry for the extra attack, and for force powers I’m focusing on buffs, while the other Jedi set up stuns which I can capitalize on with sneak attack.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 2 2020, 04:58 PM
Post #135

Ancient
Group Icon

Two sabers + Flurry + Force Speed = Yikes!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 2 2020, 08:43 PM
Post #136

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 2 2020, 10:58 AM) *

Two sabers + Flurry + Force Speed = Yikes!

Indeed!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 17 2020, 03:08 AM
Post #137

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, I found an update to running Kotor 1 at high resolution. Make a backup copy of your Swkotor.exe file. Download the KotOR High Resolution Menus 1.4. Then copy the 3 hires_patcher files to your main Kotor folder. Run the bat file. It will ask you four questions, such as the width, height, etc... that you want. Then go back to the file you downloaded, and navigate to the folder of the screen size you want. They will first be in ratios like 16-9, and so on. Drill down until you find the one you want. Then copy the files over to your Kotor\Override folder. Done! The menus in the game will look really big. But the hud will be visible in gameplay.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 17 2020, 02:26 AM
Post #138

Ancient
Group Icon

An article discussing a hypothetical third entry in the KotOR series. Personally, I think that ship has jumped to hyperspace, but who knows? I honestly didn’t think we’d get a sequel to VtM:B.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 17 2020, 11:53 PM
Post #139

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 16 2020, 09:26 PM) *

An article discussing a hypothetical third entry in the KotOR series. Personally, I think that ship has jumped to hyperspace, but who knows? I honestly didn’t think we’d get a sequel to VtM:B.

The world has been ready for Kotor 3 for 15 years. So I don't think there will ever be a sequel either. Especially not with EA making all the Star Wars games.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 18 2020, 12:35 AM
Post #140

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 17 2020, 05:53 PM) *

Especially not with EA making all the Star Wars games.

I’m not sure that’s as important as the House of Mouse being overly protective of the franchise. EA could easily put BioWare to work on a new KotOR, but Disney would need to sign off on it, which they’ve shown no interest in doing.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:16 AM