Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oasis Chapter 2, Trouble with the mages.
Tellie
post Mar 11 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #61

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh great jacky, i like that, I guess the slaughterfishes owe Oasis one now. thanks for updating, considering how difficoult those orcs normally are, i believe that oasis have gotten up a few levels. Exellent installment as always.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 11 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #62

Knower
Group Icon

Great update. Luper Alkad had a very stylish way of dealing with his enemies. And the food to the slaughterfish bit was also funny and well composed. Great story, keep the updates coming. I'm curios to see if Luper will catch the "Divine Disease" and give Divayth Fyr a visit.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 12 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #63

Master
Group Icon

Thank you. I don't know if he will get this Divine disease. If it's the Blight, he could cure it, if his max magicka was big enough for it. Now for the update.

,,Journeyman Alkad!” Uh oh, Edwinna looked rather angry. What did I do to deserve this?
,,Yes, steward?” I answered. It was probably best to stick to a formal tone for the moment, who knew how far developed her skills in the school of Destruction were.

,,Do you know what you’ve done? I should banish you from the guild where you stand!” Oh great, there goes my career.
,,No, steward, I don’t know. Perhaps you could be so kind as to explain?” I would be damned if I allowed them to kick me out of the guild without knowing why.

,,I will. Remember that expedition I had you check up? Well, I just heard that you threatened its leader. You threatened a fellow member of the guild as well as sabotaging his research. And finally, you stole a few priceless artefacts from those ruins. What do you have to say about that? I’ll give you one chance to defend yourself, with words.”

,,About the expedition, that guy simply allowed his guide to die down there which got me a bit angry. That is all I have to say about that. Now here’s the situation in Dagon Fel. Your expedition there had been captured by a group of bad-mannered Orcs. I killed the Orcs and freed your expedition. And I’ve got an idea. Can I bribe you with these Dwemer blueprints?”

Edwinna eagerly pulled the blueprints out of my hands. This just couldn’t fail. She was such a Dwemer nut that I could’ve killed the whole guild and still bought her off with something Dwemer.
,,Hmm, yes this is very interesting. I’m sure it was all just a minor misunderstanding. Thank you for the blueprints. These will be very handy in my research, Evoker Alkad.” Hold on, Evoker?

As it turned out, the blueprints did a bit more than keeping me in the guild. Edwinna had just promoted me for them. She did sent me to a certain Skink in Sadrith Mora. I was wondering if the real punishment would come from this Skink.

The hall in Sadrith Mora was a single room inside a castle. As such, finding Skink who turned out to be the local steward was easy. He was an Argonian by the way.

,,Ah, yes. You must be the mage Edwinna would send me. I have a very delicate task to perform and Edwinna said she would send someone to me with all the necessary skills to survive in the wilderness.” He said.
,,So where is the Dwemer ruin this time?” I asked.

,,Ruin, there is no ruin this time. All stewards have their interests. Edwinna’s is the Dwemer technology, mine are the Ashlander clans. I want you to negotiate a meeting between me and a wise woman. Go to the Ahemmusa camp, near Tel Vos on the north-east corner of Vvardenfell. I suggest you take the boat from here to Tel Mora. You will find the harbour on the west side of Sadrith Mora. Good luck, Evoker.”

And there I went, out of the door. A meeting between the mage guild and these ashlanders, how weird could things get? It didn’t matter though, as long as I followed orders. Yeah, maybe there were a few interesting ruins along the way to loot.

Once again, I decided to hire myself out as an extra help instead of paying for the trip. Once in Tel Mora, I waterwalked over to the main island after which I set off for the Ahemmussa camp. The Azura’s Coast region was filled with Mudcrabs, Kagouti and Cliffacers. Especially the Cliffracers were annoying. They were everywhere. At least I wouldn’t get lost, I could just follow the trail of Cliffracer bodies back to Tel Mora.

After a long walk, I made it to the camp where I was greeted less than friendly. I was either ignored, or simply told that they didn’t like outlanders here. Only a woman seemed to threat me with some form of kindness, probably because I looked useful.

,,You, outlander. You are the one I saw in my dreams, the one who shall safe the clan.” She said in a very mysterious tone. Oh great, a dream. I didn’t believe in that superstition. Then again, those nightmares of mine felt quite real, what if there was truth behind those dreams? I allowed her to ramble on.

,,In my dream, I saw how you followed a white Guar. Go and find the Guar. I saw it where the roads separate and rocks grow out of the ground like fingers on a hand. Please, outlander. I beg you for the future of my clan.” If I stayed around any longer, she would end up on her knees crying. I decided to get out of the camp for a while and see if I could find this Guar, or anything else for that matter near those rocks. If her dream was true, then so was mine. Should I hope for that, or should I fear it?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 12 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #64

Mouth
Group Icon

great jacky...I liked this one quite a bit...i just shows how corrupt Morrowind actually is.As always oasis manage to get himself in trouble, and now he have to go and find the white guar huh, well good luck with that one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 12 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #65

Knower
Group Icon

Great update! I liked how Luper smooth talked his way out of that situation with Edwinna. I also liked the "Well done, Evoker Alkad" part. It was unexpected. Your character has a very creative way of wiggling out of trouble I must say. Keep up the great work and good luck in finding the White Guar. I've heard a rumour that Daedric princes have internet and that they predict the future using 'sites' like "Hannah's Whereizzit". Maybe you can find hints of the white guar there tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Mar 13 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #66

Evoker

ive only read some of these stories, jack, but you've got something going on here. the ,, '' thing sorta bothers me, but it's nothing you need to stop. the light hearted nature of this story, and also Oasis' dedication to doing good really cause me to enjoy this. keep it up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 13 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #67

Mouth
Group Icon

I cant agree more with the above ones, you really are a good writer Jacky....please let a new update come as fast as possible...I'll be waiting...wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 13 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

Thank you for all the compliments and wait no more, cause another update is coming.
So there is an even greater force than the Daedra? I knew it, internet conquers all!
And dedicated to good? I thought it was more along the lines of it gets kinda thrown in his way. Funny thing is, originally I had intended him to be more along the lines of: ,,You can all go and **** yourselves. Just leave me alone. And this Dagoth Ur is going down if he doesn't stop farting all the time. Those Ash storms of his are driving me nuts!" But being semi good is probably better and easier. Anyway, update.

The Ashlanders weren’t much of a help in finding the place, so it looked like I had to do things myself. The walk around the Grazelands was calming to the mind, even though there were way too many Cliffracers around. The breeze, the sun, this was definitely a massive improvement over the rain and the ash storms I always got stuck in on the mainland.

Along my search, I came to Tel Vos. Now this was a weird place. It looked like someone tried to make a crossbreed between an Imperial fort and one of those giant mushrooms. The result was bizarre, to be honest. I stared at it for a while, but then turned back. I’d probably gone too far and missed the spot. Maybe it was further to the North.

It was when I took a break after fighting of three Cliffracers simultaneously that I saw it. It was like a ghost, I could see the landscape right through it. The grass didn’t bent where it went, nor did the ghostly creature cast a shadow. But the strangest thing was that it was a Guar, a white one.

I’d never seen a ghost that didn’t looked vaguely like a human or an elf, so this was weird. I’d never seen a white Guar either. The moment I got close to it, it began to walk towards the setting sun.

This was all the proof I needed, there were a few rocks around as well. Seeing as it didn’t stop, I walked after it while keeping an eye out for any Cliffracer that might want to do it harm.

Finally, it stopped near some brushes. By now I was seriously considering if I’d gone nuts and that this was a warning from my imagination. I kept walking towards the west while looking away from the thing. When I looked back, it was still where it had stopped. If this was my imagination going crazy, it was damn stubborn.

Maybe this was real and I wasn’t crazy, it wouldn’t hurt to take a look at those brushes it was looking at.

There was a woman lying under the brushes, a Dark Elf who looked like she’d been batted around by the Kagouti. She was quite dead. So this was what the Guar had brought me to, how was I supposed to save their clan like this? All I could do was to walk back and say that I found a death Dark Elf.

I was about to turn around and ask the Guar if he could give me a hint on what to do when I noticed something. Even in death, the woman had one hand clenched into a fist. I could vaguely make out the glow of an enchantment emanating from between the dark fingers. I knew I was going to regret it, but I pried the cold death flesh of her fingers open. In her now opened hand, there was an amulet.

I picked it up. Though I wasn’t much of an expert regarding enchantments, I had the distinct impression that this amulet was overflowing with restorative enchantments. Save the clan, this thing just might do it.

I was rather rudely interrupted by the battlecry of a Kagouti followed by a massive hit that sent me flying. I hit the ground rather painfully and went through my ankle. Damn lizard.
The kagouti cried again before storming at me. I did the first thing that I could think of. With a quick gesture, I lifted a rock in the air and hurled it at the thing's head with the help of a good bit of telekinesis.

Distracted, the stupid thing spun around to look for its new enemy, completely ignoring the Guar. The Guar was definitely something from my imagination, but it was a bit too coincidental that it brought me here. Someone must have planted the thing in my mind.

But that wasn’t really such a high priority at the moment. My highest priority was to get rid of the Kagouti. I pulled out my Claymore and cast a levitation spell so that I wouldn’t have to stand on my foot. The levitation also proved itself to be helpful when I used it to sail over to the Kagouti and land on its back. One quick stab in the neck below the bony shield on its head, and the thing crashed to the ground where it moved for a few seconds before dying.

The amulet I’d found healed the ankle, thereby proving my expectations about its enchantment. I buried the woman and set of for the Ashlander camp.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 13 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #69

Knower
Group Icon

Interesting update. To be honest it wasn't as good as the other because Luper was alone and he didn't have anybody to communicate with. He is much more witty and interesting when he's with other people. Good luck figuring out what to do with the White Guar anyway!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 13 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #70

Finder
Group Icon

sweetness, within a minute or two of first comment....
I really like the new style of writing you are using....the um.....first person....past tense, without quotes.....and all that, very nice indeed. Keep up the good work. I like how the guar was not really a physical thing.

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 14 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

Glad you all like it. I must say I'm having a bit of trouble with it at the moment. I just couldn't think of anything for him to say that wouldn't get him killed by the Ashlanders. They always sound very easily provoked when I'm around. So I sticked to some (for his doing) polite stuff.

When I arrived back at camp, I was already being expected by a cheering mass of Ashlanders. What in the name of the Daedra was going on here?

,,Welcome back, Outlander. I’ve seen in my dreams that you found the white Guar. Do you know how to save the clan?” The woman who got me on the whole Guar thing in the first place asked.
,,Well, I did find an amulet. Maybe it is of any use to you? At the very least it can patch up bad ankles.”

She grabbed the amulet before I could decide whether or not to give it to her. Having an extra method of healing around always comes in handy. Too late now, taking it back could turn that now cheering group of Ashlanders into a bloodthirsty one real fast.

,,Yes, the amulet of Ashamanu, our old healer. It is unfortunate that she has met such an end. With this amulet, I’ll be able to save my clan from the Blight. I thank you, Outlander.” She motioned to one of the Ashlanders who came forward with what looked like a Chitin shield carrying a weak enchantment.

,,The shield of the Undaunted. It is one of the most valuable possessions of the clan. May it protect you well, Outlander. Now you may enter the yurt of our Wise Woman and seek your own answers.”

I was directed to the largest tent like structure in the village. It was dark inside, but there was still enough light to see the old woman inside.

,,Outlander, what do you want?” Ok, so despite having just saved the clan, I still was a filthy Outlander? Why did Skink send me here? Cause I was the only one who refused to get pecked to death by Cliffracers, that’s why.

,,I bring a message from Skink, steward of the mage guild in Sadrith Mora. He would like to arrange a meeting with you for the purpose of exchanging information.” That was all I had to say, now I needed to wait for an answer.

,,I do not want to meet an Outlander. Yet, you bear the shield of the Undaunted. Yes, if you prove yourself to me, I will consider your request. Go to the west, past the Daedric ruins and meet my apprentice in the Favel ancestral tomb. She is much too kind to Outlanders. If she wants to become the next Wise Woman, her views will have to change.” So I was to go and present myself as a rude evil Outlander? This woman was really nuts. Okay, if it had to be done, I guess I was going to do it. After saying goodbye, I left the camp. With a bit of luck, I should be done before sunset after which I could recall home.

The Daedric ruins looked like ridiculous. If you thought Dwemer architecture looked weird, go take a look at Daedric architecture. I guess that being the meanest monster in town allows you to do this without being laughed at. They looked empty, so I could just walk right through them instead of wasting time on a detour.

Empty turned out to be the wrong thought. A green lizard like creature ran up to me while screaming in an annoying tone. Clannfear, great. As they say, where there’s a Deadra, there’s a cultist with lots of loot. I rammed my sword in its mouth and walked towards the door after it had died. Lots of loot sounded good. Besides, how hard could a cultist be?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 14 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #72

Mouth
Group Icon

Hmmmm. cultists can be harder than Oasis thinks...I know Telina will have some trouble with cultists. But well I liked this one really good, and although it lacked the normal humour, it was still an exellent update.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 14 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #73

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah I agree with Tele. It did lack some of the ever popular humor but for goot reason. We don't want to have poor Oasis scalped or anything. It is probably in his best interest that he continues to behave for the time being. Good update!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 14 2006, 09:26 PM
Post #74

Knower
Group Icon

Great update! Now that Luper (you don't mind me calling him Luper do you?) is back with people he can use his superior wit and charm. I liked his comments as always. I liked when he was annoyed that he was the saviour of the tribe but the wise woman still called him outlander. I hate it when people in Morrowind call me outlander too. It's so annoying. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 15 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

You know the drill, enjoy the update. And you can call him anything you want, Griff.

While the outside looked ridiculous, the inside of the ruins looked quite impressive. At least there was this huge statue in this huge cavern. I wondered how they ever managed to fit that statue through the door.

,,What are you doing here, Outlander?” Oops, I should have taken a better look at my surroundings. Whoever had that sword in my neck had the distinct voice of a Dark Elf. Not my favourite kind of company. I could make out the silhouette of two other cultists coming closer. Three cultists, just my luck.

,,Hi, is this the cultist recruitment center?” I asked in an overly optimistic tone. If only I could catch these guys off guard, I would be gone before they knew what happened.
,,Recruitment center? What are you up to, Outlander?”
,,I just want to join, that’s all. Long live the Daedra!” Right now I was really beginning to sound like an idiot. The things I do to save my skin.

In the meantime, I’d managed to get a better look at the other two cultists. One of them was a Dark Elf mage and the other, a Redguard warrior. Out of all things that could’ve happened, I met a Redguard. Why are we Redguards among the best warriors in Tamriel? It makes fighting another Redguard way too hard.

,,We don’t recruit here. You may try in Vivec. There is a shrine in the sewers. Now leave.” The man who was behind me said and removed the sword. This was my chance.

In a blur of movement, I rushed forward and planted a dagger in the mage’s face while casting a levitation spell at the same time. I then flew up to the head of the giant statue where I landed. With their mage gone, there was no way the cultists could reach me. But they were the ones with the food, so I couldn’t just wait till they got bored.

I fumbled around in my pockets and took out the large collection of enchanted rings I had collected since I arrived here. On their own, they weren’t much but together they could do quite a lot of damage. I slipped the first one on my finger and paralyzed the Redguard after which I rapidly made my way through my collection of rings starting with small fireballs, followed by ice which was in turn followed by poison. One big fireball from my own magicka reserves finished him of.

The Dark Elf proved to be a bit more of a problem. I had already spent the element of surprise on the Redguard and the mage, so he wouldn’t let his guard down. After missing him a few times with my fireballs, I figured I would have to fight him directly.

A slowfall spell enabled me to descent from the statue safely with my Claymore in hand. Once I came close to the ground, I immediately had to parry a low swing of his own sword. Without pausing for a single moment, the Dark Elf launched blow after blow. I was forced to step back in order to maintain the range advantage my Claymore offered over his longsword, but it did left me without opportunity to attack. This guy was good.

A high chop was followed by a thrust which was in turn followed by a wide swing to the right followed by a quick swing to the left. I was beginning to see his pattern. After he performed his chop again, I spun to my own right to move around his thrust and the first swing. One big swing and his head fell to the floor, soon followed by the rest of his body.

That took care of the cultists. I took my dagger that was still sitting in the face of the dead mage and wiped the blood of it with his robe. Now it was time to take a good look at the loot.

It was rather disappointing, at the foot of the statue I found an Iron Saber, an emerald and a heart. Nothing I could really use unless you counted the saber, but that was a weapon that I’d dropped ages ago in favour of better swords. I did pocket the emerald and after some disgusted looks, put the heart in a bag.

Whether it was the sound or the feeling of expanding air, I didn’t know but it was something that made me instinctively rolling to the side. It was a good thing I did, as the altar was smashed by a club with inhuman force.

The Creature that had appeared out of thin air looked like a walking suit of very evil looking armour. It swung around a club that looked like it was made out of something’s arm or leg. I used my higher speed to land a hit with the Claymore, but to no effect. Its armour or skin was simply too strong to penetrate.

I tried to get away from it and in the end found myself on one side of the statue with the armour thing on the other side. Unfortunately, it was on the side with the door and I’d have to move past it if I wanted to escape. How to get out of this mess.

After a few moments of thinking, I got a plan. It was so stupid, it just had to work. I gathered all of my magicka into one spell, a blast of Telekinesis aimed at the giant statue’s head. Slowly, utterly slowly, the statue began to move. Soon it picked up speed and in the end it toppled over, right on top of the creature that was too slow to get out of its way. No matter how strong its skin was, it couldn’t handle the weight from the statue. I left the shrine as fast as I could before more of those things showed up but not before saying one thing to the fallen statue.
,,Does this mean that a Daedra will be mad at me?”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 15 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #76

Knower
Group Icon

Great update. You portrayed the battle with the Dark Elf well. I also liked how you used telekinesis in a creative way to kill the dremora. As always I liked his comments. This guy really isn't backing down from saving his skin isn't he?

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Taillus
post Mar 15 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #77

Knower
Group Icon

Fast thinking coupled with a a desire to live makes Oasis a strong man. Way to end those cultists. I thought he was going to be in trouble once the dremora showed up! great update Cloudy!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 16 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #78

Master
Group Icon

Thank you. Just a short one for today.

After the ordeal in the Daedric ruins, it was rather satisfying to disappear in front of the eyes of the three very angry Ashlanders who tried to club me with some cheap Chitin. I raided their chest for a few coins of gold while they weren’t looking and moved on. I loved my amulet of Shadows.

The Favel tomb looked absolutely normal on the outside. A tomb was a tomb, and skeletons didn’t really frighten me so I went in without hesitating. The first room was empty of undead nasties, and I only saw a Dark Elf, the kind that was still among the living.

,,What can I do for you, Outlander?” She called me outlander, but it lacked the usual insulting tone. Quite nice in my opinion, there was no need to change that attitude if you asked me. Stupid Wise Women and their fear of outlanders.

,,Greetings, my dear. I’ve been sent over by the Wise Woman of the Ahemmusa to inquire if you require any form of assistance. Is there anything I can do for you?” Wow, I’d never sounded so polite in my whole life.
,,I appreciate the offer, but I’m afraid there is nothing for you here. I’ve been sent here to put the spirit of an ancient ancestor of the clan to rest, though I’ve failed.” She said, with a couple of big tears forming on her face. Being the apprentice of that old hag was probably a hard life. I hate crying, I just can’t stand it.

,,I’ll go and take a look at this spirit, perhaps I can persuade him to go to rest. I have a talent with words. It won’t take long.” I said and went into the next room where I closed the door behind my back.

,,Outlander! You dare to desecrate the tomb with your foul presence?!” Now that was a very bad attitude, even for a ghost.
,,Calm down, great spirit. I’ve come here to ask you to go to rest. Is there any way I may be able to please you?” Damn, what was going on with me, those tears from the apprentice must have made me soft.

,,Perhaps if you would kill yourself, I might go to rest.” Now that was the worst answer it could give.
,,Sorry pal, but that isn’t going to happen. Now you can either go to rest or I’ll have to persuade you with a few pounds of good old silver. I have plenty of experience at ghostbusting. Now what is your answer, filthy piece of ectoplasm?”

His answer was a mad charge at me which ended with a thrust of silver and a big ball of fire. I wiped the drops of ectoplasm of my armour and went back to the Dark Elf.
,,He has agreed to go to rest, miss. You may return to the camp now. Oh and if it’s possible, could you possibly arrange a meeting between Skink from Sadrith Mora and the Wise Woman? I’ll have to go now, so I bid you farewell.” I recalled back to the guild hall. The woman had a much greater chance at persuading the Wise Woman then I did. It was all a matter of skin colouration.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 16 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #79

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh nice new update here Jacky, I'm sorry I did not reply on your last one.

AS normal, you give us a nice update, filled with Oasis facinating thoughs, and a little exitement, mixed with a little humor....please give us more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Mar 16 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #80

Knower
Group Icon

Good update. When he said that he was going to put the ghost to rest I presumed that Luper was going to put it to rest the old fashioned way. I am waiting for the next update patiently.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:30 AM