81 Pages V « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
Dark Reaper
post Jun 15 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #1061

Master
Group Icon

Mountain Dew Ice and good old Pizza Rolls!

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 15 2018, 06:53 PM
Post #1062

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ Jun 15 2018, 12:28 PM) *

I made bibimbap yesterday. The only thing missing was some fried radish. And of course, the soy chili paste was not nearly hot enough for my taste, but it tastes so good I didn't want to mix it with my hot sauces.

Taste bud heaven, that.

Khajiit has heard a lot about Bibimbap lately. What is it exactly?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 15 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #1063

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 15 2018, 01:53 PM) *

I made bibimbap yesterday. The only thing missing was some fried radish. And of course, the soy chili paste was not nearly hot enough for my taste, but it tastes so good I didn't want to mix it with my hot sauces.

Taste bud heaven, that.

Apparently it's Korean for "leftovers and rice".

Full disclosure: I hate Korean food. I spent a week there once, and by the end of it, was happy to eat KFC. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 15 2018, 08:25 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 15 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #1064

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 15 2018, 02:22 PM) *

Taste bud heaven, that.

Full disclosure: I hate Korean food. I spent a week there once, and by the end of it, was happy to eat KFC. ohmy.gif

Bahahaha!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 15 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #1065

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargelman @ Jun 15 2018, 01:28 PM) *

Taste bud heaven, that.

I had to read up on what it was, but it sounds really good! It ranks the 40th most delicious meal in the world, so that is pretty awesome!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 15 2018, 03:22 PM) *

Taste bud heaven, that.

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 18 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #1066

Master
Group Icon

Had a Wowbutter Sammich, milk and half Fuji Apple for lunch. I normally enjoy that meal quite a lot. Due to events described elsewhere I don't think anything I ate would have been enjoyable. Lunch certainly wasn't.

Speaking of Fujis, the batch bought LAST Tuesday were by and large sub par. About the worst batch of Fujis I can recall suffering through. Normally, even the worst Fuji is easily edible. The best are truly superb. Fruit of the gods. Most of these had a foul taste I can't describe. Never tasted their like before. Hope never to again.

Bought Ken's Garlic Parmesan dressing for the first time ever last Tuesday. Like it very much. It might well become a staple for my salad-suppers.

Due to last week's grocery run being one day later than usual I had no tuna for the night before's salad-supper. I normally don't enjoy tunaless salad nearly as much as salad with tuna. Decided to try Avocado Oil Dressing on that salad. Found it to be just as yummy as salads with tuna.

Have made Hormel "Jane's Chili Verde" a weekly staple. Excellent stuff. Limit myself to one can per week due to cost. Bet ya anything it's a limited run item. Seems like ever time I like a canned chili it either gets discontinued, local stores stop carrying it, or the formula changes and becomes far less good.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jun 19 2018, 12:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 18 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #1067

Master
Group Icon

Just polished off a grape popsicle. Perfect remedy for a hot day!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 19 2018, 03:43 AM
Post #1068

Ancient
Group Icon

An apple and dip (cream cheese and marshmallow fluff dip) - Decrepit will appreciate this: it was my very first Fuji apple! I've always eaten Delicious, or cooked with Granny's. LOVED the Fuji!!! Thanks for the advice, Decrepit!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 19 2018, 03:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 22 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #1069

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2018, 09:43 PM) *

An apple and dip (cream cheese and marshmallow fluff dip) - Decrepit will appreciate this: it was my very first Fuji apple! I've always eaten Delicious, or cooked with Granny's. LOVED the Fuji!!! Thanks for the advice, Decrepit

Woohoo! I hold proselytizing/evangelizing as one often encounters them in low regard, but make a happy exception where Fujis are concerned. Speaking of which, today's lunch was absolutely superb. This was my day for Jane's Chili Verde, likely the yummiest main course I can provide myself at home considering self imposed restrictions. What's more, for the first time in ages today's Fuji was absolutely top tier, cream of the crop. Crisp, juicy and super sweet. All that and healthy too! Would they were all like that!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 22 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #1070

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 22 2018, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2018, 09:43 PM) *

An apple and dip (cream cheese and marshmallow fluff dip) - Decrepit will appreciate this: it was my very first Fuji apple! I've always eaten Delicious, or cooked with Granny's. LOVED the Fuji!!! Thanks for the advice, Decrepit

Woohoo! I hold proselytizing/evangelizing as one often encounters them in low regard, but make a happy exception where Fujis are concerned. Speaking of which, today's lunch was absolutely superb. This was my day for Jane's Chili Verde, likely the yummiest main course I can provide myself at home considering self imposed restrictions. What's more, for the first time in ages today's Fuji was absolutely top tier, cream of the crop. Crisp, juicy and super sweet. All that and healthy too! Would they were all like that!

That's how two of the three we got were exactly! I have just one left, and have been holding off eating it till today = trying to give someone else in the family a chance to nab one, lol. They had their chance, today it is mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jun 25 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #1071

Master
Group Icon

The food of vikings.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jun 25 2018, 11:19 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 25 2018, 11:21 PM
Post #1072

Ancient
Group Icon

Just ate a gang of Raiders at Outpost Zimonja. Spicy!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 26 2018, 02:13 AM
Post #1073

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 25 2018, 05:21 PM) *

Just ate a gang of Raiders at Outpost Zimonja. Spicy!

Khajiit is sure that would be a very pungent meal!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 26 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #1074

Master
Group Icon

Was supposed to have a V8 lunch Saturday. The nearer that meal became the more I dreaded it. Eventually talked myself into a Wowbutter sammich meal instead, postponing V8 until Sunday. Come Sunday, all the way until lunchitme I thought I would stick to my guns and down V8. In the kitchen about to prepare my meal I found I simply couldn't. Had another Wowbutter sammich instead.

Much as I like Wowbutter sammiches, they aren't the healthiest meal around. Monday, I again planned on a V8 lunch. Thanks to a busy morning (walk / grocery shopping) had little time to ponder over my coming meal. Barely had groceries been put away when it was time to eat. Took V8 and half-apple to the PC and dug in while watching a YouTube Transport Fever video. I swear I dislike V8 more each time I drink it, yesterday being no exception. Man did it taste obnoxious. Was cursing aloud during/after each drink, disposition souring every swallow. A tad over the halfway mark I couldn't take it any more. Dumped the rest down the kitchen sink, ate the half Fuji and called it a meal.

When I first began drinking V8 for lunch a while back I wasn't overly fond of its taste but found it downable. My hope was that I'd develop a liking over time, as has happened with other foods. Instead the opposite occurred. Dang it. V8 makes for a cheap lunch, and I'm all about cheap. My one remaining hope is a container of Low Sodium V8 sitting in the pantry. Maybe I'll tolerate that more? We shall see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2018, 07:17 PM
Post #1075

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 26 2018, 04:16 AM) *

Was supposed to have a V8 lunch Saturday. The nearer that meal became the more I dreaded it. Eventually talked myself into a Wowbutter sammich meal instead, postponing V8 until Sunday. Come Sunday, all the way until lunchitme I thought I would stick to my guns and down V8. In the kitchen about to prepare my meal I found I simply couldn't. Had another Wowbutter sammich instead.

Much as I like Wowbutter sammiches, they aren't the healthiest meal around. Monday, I again planned on a V8 lunch. Thanks to a busy morning (walk / grocery shopping) had little time to ponder over my coming meal. Barely had groceries been put away when it was time to eat. Took V8 and half-apple to the PC and dug in while watching a YouTube Transport Fever video. I swear I dislike V8 more each time I drink it, yesterday being no exception. Man did it taste obnoxious. Was cursing aloud during/after each drink, disposition souring every swallow. A tad over the halfway mark I couldn't take it any more. Dumped the rest down the kitchen sink, ate the half Fuji and called it a meal.

When I first began drinking V8 for lunch a while back I wasn't overly fond of its taste but found it downable. My hope was that I'd develop a liking over time, as has happened with other foods. Instead the opposite occurred. Dang it. V8 makes for a cheap lunch, and I'm all about cheap. My one remaining hope is a container of Low Sodium V8 sitting in the pantry. Maybe I'll tolerate that more? We shall see.

I think you would probably be much happier buying one of those juicers - they usually come with a book of delicious recipes. That way you can make your own healthy vegetable or fruit juices to your own taste buds and palate. I think you would really like it, and would definitely get the healthy result you are trying for.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 29 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #1076

Ancient
Group Icon

Tonight Khajiit is trying his hand at making a basic chicken and sausage jambalaya with the twist of using quinoa instead of rice. Very curious about how this will turn out.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 14 2018, 10:34 AM
Post #1077

Master
Group Icon

Yesterday was another V8-for-lunch day. This time I heated it in the micro (lukewarm, not hot) and added the last of an el cheapo bag of Cheese & Garlic croutons bought at Walmart ages ago. Decent amount of pepper blended in too. Once croutons softened the meal wasn't bad at all! I'm NOT gonna buy croutons for use with V8. But, I think from now on I'll warm it and add black pepper and garlic power. We'll see how that works out next V8 meal.

As to making my own via juicer, I suspect that's not cost effective.

Up until three days ago my salad suppers had been tasting rather flavorless for well over a week. Then Friday they sudden began tasting yummy again. Jalapenos were suddenly super hot. Needed to gargle with milk after one particularly hot bite! (They normally add a nice flavor but don't seem all that hot.) No idea what made the difference. Same old veggies. Same old tuna. Same old choice of dressings. Same old me.

Today I'll have Mary's Chili Verde for lunch. Always look forward to that.

ADDENDUM:
Forgot to mention I screwed up again last night. Failed to remove a batch of eggs I boiled while preparing supper from the micro until this morning! Doubt it'll ruin 'em, but they'll not be as tasty as usual.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jul 14 2018, 11:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 14 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #1078

Master
Group Icon

Had my morning coffee, I'm ready to watch gameplay videos.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 22 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #1079

Master
Group Icon

Yesteday's salad-supper was yummy. Same old ingredients as always, but everything was especially good. Salad, check. Thousand Island dressing, check. Hard-boiled egg, check. The only disappointment was the apple half. Since those few weeks of carrying first class Fuji, Walmart has reverted to the mediocre Fujis that are its too frequent norm. Still, a mediocre Fuji is better than most other apples at their best.

Had V8 for lunch. Heating it and adding a generous amount of black pepper makes that meal far more tolerable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 22 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #1080

Master
Group Icon

Godfather's Smokehouse BBQ Pizza and a glass of Root Beer flavored water.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:38 AM