213 Pages V « < 183 184 185 186 187 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Lopov
post Oct 28 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #3681

Master
Group Icon

Some player, dressed in rags and in a skeleton form, creeped up behind Shonta Quassan today, as he walking from Kragenmoor to Davena's farm. I always play in 3rd person so I saw him immediately. He came sneaking, then he was slowly walking right behind me, making funny animations. When Shonta clapped at him, he hurried away. bigsmile.gif

We reached Lvl 30 today and invested all earned points to boosting magicka.

Tomorrow I'm off to the seaside for a few days so I won't be able to participate in the festival until the end.

Happy skull hunting!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 28 2019, 10:35 PM
Post #3682

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov, how funny about your skeleton 'shadow'. 'Grats on level 30 and I hope you enjoy your days by the shore. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 29 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #3683

Mouth
Group Icon

Cincy continues to make me proud.

We took on some Craglorn content the past couple of days. The questline for the zone is completed now, and the solo delves are down. We took down one of the Anomaly WBs on our own (well, it would have been, but somebody jumped in towards the end and helped make the fight go more quickly). One of those celestial tears--or whatever they are called--that pour out Anka-Ra soldiers was also closed. After the soldiers were defeated, a Gargoyle boss with 1.8M popped out and was slain by Cincy's hands. I remember when I was stupid enough to take on one of those portals on my own when I first got into CP levels and was plastered. Oh, how we have come full circle.

And because we are crazy SOBs, we decided to take on Elinhir. On our own. And we WON. We bested the Blackcaster Mages and liberated Elinhir! For a group area, it was surprisingly kind of easy. We weren't really threatened with death at all, save for a couple of iffy situations.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 29 2019, 02:24 PM
Post #3684

Councilor
Group Icon

I almost joined you for Elinhir, but we were in the middle of our daily crafting writs, and logging in/out too fast to follow or respond to your chat. And by the time Spreads was ready to do her plunder skull/skyshard collecting, you were done.

Spreads got her Bolgrul for the day in Stonefalls - at the Inner Sea Armature - so she did a Sweeper boss (Dark Fissure*) on the way, got the delve boss, and took in Shellcracker and the nearby dolmen while she was there. The skulls gave us two Glenmoril style pages directly, one treasure map in Rivenspire, and a Witches Writ, as well as their usual Dremora pages.

The treasure map indicated an area of Rivenspire she hadn't explored, so she found a couple more wayshrines, and gathered several more skyshards on the way.

We had a short interlude with Laurie testing out whether you can fulfill a Witches Writ with provisions someone else made. You can't, and that's left her with one pending, so she can't start another. Not a big deal, as we'll just collect them to do all at one time when she can. We still don't know if it works between characters on the same account, like it would for regular writs. And I just noticed that the Pack Leader's Bone Broth needs an ingredient we won't be getting, so I'll probably abandon instead.

During the daily crafting round we got a recipe we'd been waiting for to do a bunch of Master Writs, so a backlog of those has been cleared. Did a couple of the other sealed writs from the round, too, so voucher credit is looking good.

--------------

*Dark Fissures are the small groups of daedra dropped in an area in two waves. One of three trash mobs, and the second including a mini-boss that drops the same skulls as the Public Dungeons and roaming IC bosses give.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 29 2019, 08:39 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 29 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #3685

Master
Group Icon

I've been home sick a lot lately. Fatigued, pain in all my joints, etc. So that has led to me asking my crew who wanted to do Witches Festival this year. When Phae heard of the Cat, the Hat, and the Title that rhymes with B-- she did an admirable Arnold Horshak, so she got the job. We got the Cat right away, so she took Pixel out with her and Thunderpaws. The Hat came on the second day, thanks to Julian's purchase of 12 Witches Writs for her. They then spent the weekend plunder skull collecting, solo and with friends. Pixel and Thunderpaws got along very well as they followed Phae all over Tamriel in her quest for the Title.

Julian has continued her #SlayDragonsSaveCats quest, incorporating it with Battlereeve Tanerline's daily (kill three dragons) and then hunting two more dragons. Blanco is incredibly fit with all the running around he's been doing over Northern Elsweyr's rough terrain. The dragons themselves are remarkably well done, better than Skyrim's, IMHO. Even the black ones are, well, black. Since coming to Northern Elsweyr, Julian has left her cats at home, and instead has adopted Karamel Korn, who has a somewhat startling habit of "popping" at the most (in)opportune times. He is so adorable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 29 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #3686

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 28 2019, 04:39 PM) *

Some player, dressed in rags and in a skeleton form, creeped up behind Shonta Quassan today, as he walking from Kragenmoor to Davena's farm. I always play in 3rd person so I saw him immediately. He came sneaking, then he was slowly walking right behind me, making funny animations. When Shonta clapped at him, he hurried away. bigsmile.gif

We reached Lvl 30 today and invested all earned points to boosting magicka.

Tomorrow I'm off to the seaside for a few days so I won't be able to participate in the festival until the end.

Happy skull hunting!

Ooh, that sounds Awesome! Have Fun!

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 29 2019, 07:21 AM) *

Cincy continues to make me proud.

We took on some Craglorn content the past couple of days. The questline for the zone is completed now, and the solo delves are down. We took down one of the Anomaly WBs on our own (well, it would have been, but somebody jumped in towards the end and helped make the fight go more quickly). One of those celestial tears--or whatever they are called--that pour out Anka-Ra soldiers was also closed. After the soldiers were defeated, a Gargoyle boss with 1.8M popped out and was slain by Cincy's hands. I remember when I was stupid enough to take on one of those portals on my own when I first got into CP levels and was plastered. Oh, how we have come full circle.

And because we are crazy SOBs, we decided to take on Elinhir. On our own. And we WON. We bested the Blackcaster Mages and liberated Elinhir! For a group area, it was surprisingly kind of easy. We weren't really threatened with death at all, save for a couple of iffy situations.

Holy Cow, that is amazing! You really have come full circle!!!

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 29 2019, 04:49 PM) *

I've been home sick a lot lately. Fatigued, pain in all my joints, etc. So that has led to me asking my crew who wanted to do Witches Festival this year. When Phae heard of the Cat, the Hat, and the Title that rhymes with B-- she did an admirable Arnold Horshak, so she got the job. We got the Cat right away, so she took Pixel out with her and Thunderpaws. The Hat came on the second day, thanks to Julian's purchase of 12 Witches Writs for her. They then spent the weekend plunder skull collecting, solo and with friends. Pixel and Thunderpaws got along very well as they followed Phae all over Tamriel in her quest for the Title.

Julian has continued her #SlayDragonsSaveCats quest, incorporating it with Battlereeve Tanerline's daily (kill three dragons) and then hunting two more dragons. Blanco is incredibly fit with all the running around he's been doing over Northern Elsweyr's rough terrain. The dragons themselves are remarkably well done, better than Skyrim's, IMHO. Even the black ones are, well, black. Since coming to Northern Elsweyr, Julian has left her cats at home, and instead has adopted Karamel Korn, who has a somewhat startling habit of "popping" at the most (in)opportune times. He is so adorable.

Aw Haute, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well and in pain! I've been wondering where you have been! verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 31 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #3687

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie abandoned the Witches Writ for Pack Leader's Bone Broth that was holding her up, and looked at the first one in her collection to see if she could do that instead. It was the same one.

But she did do three others, so we're half-way to the hat, and they've extended the event, so even the title may be possible.

We of course have multiple copies of the Dremora pages from the delves, dolmens, public dungeons, and world bosses that you can do solo, or rather without queuing for them. Those WB's still need some help! No pages from the arenas, either, as they're too time-consuming, dropping the skulls only from the final boss. The Guild bank suggests "I've heard others say the same".

The Glenmoril clothing set is now complete, and we have most, if not all, the weapon styles too. No tickets spent, but we'll have to do that very soon, and it looks like writs will be the only choice left.

And the "make Blossom a Lady" fund is now standing at 3.6 million, so that's very close. I'll have to do that trade with mALX for the tempers. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 31 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #3688

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 31 2019, 08:31 AM) *

Laurie abandoned the Witches Writ for Pack Leader's Bone Broth that was holding her up, and looked at the first one in her collection to see if she could do that instead. It was the same one.

But she did do three others, so we're half-way to the hat, and they've extended the event, so even the title may be possible.

We of course have multiple copies of the Dremora pages from the delves, dolmens, public dungeons, and world bosses that you can do solo, or rather without queuing for them. Those WB's still need some help! No pages from the arenas, either, as they're too time-consuming, dropping the skulls only from the final boss. The Guild bank suggests "I've heard others say the same".

The Glenmoril clothing set is now complete, and we have most, if not all, the weapon styles too. No tickets spent, but we'll have to do that very soon, and it looks like writs will be the only choice left.

And the "make Blossom a Lady" fund is now standing at 3.6 million, so that's very close. I'll have to do that trade with mALX for the tempers. smile.gif

Yeah Brenna is only able to get World Bosses, Delves, Dolmens, and public dungeons so that leaves arenas, trials, and group dungeons that we can’t get Dremora Plunder Skulls for.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 31 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #3689

Paladin
Group Icon

I expect Laurie should be able to get the hat no problem. Grits wisely pointed out that you can buy Witchie Writs from the Empressario for 1 tix each so that is a comforting backup.

Buffy got her hat yesterday and got her animated skeleton momento today. For those who don't have it yet, it is kind of cute. You activate the momento and your character summons a small skellie who briefly dances a jig for you.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 31 2019, 05:39 PM
Post #3690

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 31 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Ready to trade and in need of the tempers, lol.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2019, 12:32 PM) *

I expect Laurie should be able to get the hat no problem. Grits wisely pointed out that you can buy Witchie Writs from the Empressario for 1 tix each so that is a comforting backup.

Buffy got her hat yesterday and got her animated skeleton momento today. For those who don't have it yet, it is kind of cute. You activate the momento and your character summons a small skellie who briefly dances a jig for you.

Pia did her 100 Plunder Skulls Achievement last night in that delve with the three bosses spawning in the same spot (so multiple Plunder Skulls each time they spawned) = all those Plunder Skulls raked in and she didn't get one single Witches Writ from it all! Grrrrr! Anyway; the girl I was playing with and another girl there both already had their Witches Hats; they are ADORABLE !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 31 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #3691

Paladin
Group Icon

Remember, the Witch Writs only come from gold skulls.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 31 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #3692

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 31 2019, 12:43 PM) *

Remember, the Witch Writs only come from gold skulls.

AHA!!! So that is why I didn't get any! Thanks Acadian!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 1 2019, 03:14 AM
Post #3693

Ancient
Group Icon

Brenna can hardly wait for her witch hat!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 3 2019, 01:36 AM
Post #3694

Councilor
Group Icon

We got the witch hat, Blossom's a proper Lady, and Cat Man Dhou has reached top rank in enchanting at last.

He went fishing to relax from that. tongue.gif

Meanwhile I spent the whole morning stabbing a woman in the back for the Skyrim mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 3 2019, 03:02 AM
Post #3695

Master
Group Icon

Athynae finished her 3rd public dungeon- Forgotten Crypts in Deshaan. She forgot to go for the "Emaciated 80's model look" before starting, so did not add more "kill (how do you "kill" undead?) skeletons while looking like one" points. However, she is closing in on 100 skulls and got Trey more writs to finish toward the hat. Just need 2 more.

She also bumped off several more WBs, cleared more delves, and collected shards. Somehow, the way this event focuses on doing the bosses makes it more enjoyable than just random running about. The number of people to "help" with the public dungeon, WBs, and dolmeni also makes it so much easier to rack up lots of those.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 3 2019, 10:54 PM
Post #3696

Paladin
Group Icon

Athynae's skellie hunting in bones & rags inspired Buffy. The little elf went to the Corpse Garden (delve in NE Deeshan) which sports lots of skellies and nothing but skellies. There, she held her nose, drank the brew and opened up a can of bone breaking righteous light upon the inhabitants. The density of skellies and quick respawn rate took her from 0/100 to 100/100 in only about 15 minutes. She then disabled the bones & rags look and whistled smugly as she headed for her next adventure. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 4 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #3697

Mouth
Group Icon

Some more accomplishments by Cincy to report in the past few days, including but not limited to:

-Defeating the Rahni'za School of Warriors point of interest in Craglorn on Cincy's own
-First deathmatch win in Battlegrounds
-Just finished the Imperial City storyline earlier today
-Also earlier today, Cincy defeated an Imperial Sewers World Boss that had wrecked him a while ago, Secundus the Despoiler. We were actually trying to evade him by taking a route underneath him, but somehow our tussle with a couple of wraiths under the grates alerted him to our presence. Thus, we had to fight him when we came out of that route, and we came out victorious!

I feel like there was another thing or two I wanted to say that I forgot, but I have a wholesome gaming moment to share.

Last night, I attempted that IC quest again for the Arena district where you have to fight all the Daedra in the arena. While in the middle of the second boss fight, a CP810 Dominion player, a shirtless Khajiit, entered the Arena at the same time. I was getting ready to get ganked yet again, but I soon realized he had no interest in fighting me (and it wasn't like he couldn't eviscerate me, because he most certainly would've). The dude helped me in defeating that BS arena! He took most of the spawned Flame Atronachs and a little bit of the final boss attacks. Once we defeated them, we celebrated and I typed in chat "Thanks for not attacking me." We both clapped and went our separate ways. I was still half-expecting him to attack me after beating the arena, but he went along his merry way.

I wish I had caught his name, but he was one cool cat (ba-dum-tss). I did get a screenshot, though.

Game recognizes game

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 4 2019, 01:18 PM
Post #3698

Master
Group Icon

Shonta Quassan has been helping various people all over Stonefalls. He lifted a curse upon the Sathram Plantation, defeated the rogue Ashkhan, secured the Heimlyn Keep, learned the history behind Brothers of Strife, ...

Soon he will heed the call of the Prophet and visit him again, afterwards it will be time for the Argonian to travel south, to Deshaan.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 4 2019, 04:41 PM
Post #3699

Councilor
Group Icon

The extension to the event meant that we have more tickets, so spent them on writs. Laurie did them all and now has the "Witch" title sorted, meaning that Witches Writs just lost any meaning. The style pages dropping are all duplicates, and the Guild Bank is rapidly filling because they don't stack.

Cat Man Dhou has gone fishing again, and is amazed at how many gar and paddlefish he can catch without getting the other two lake fish. On the other hand, the perfect roe is rolling in steadily. smile.gif We're fishing in Bangkorai because we have the two houses to port to, and his plan is to fish out one zone at a time before moving on.

Spreads is steadily raising her ranks in Smithing and Clothier by gathering skyshards. That's quite a few plunder skulls from delves, but they never seem to have anything interesting. Taminwe is doing some, too, as she needs some Woodworking ranks, and a couple of the others are completing Enchanting. Spreads is tantalizingly close to level 50 in Jewel Crafting, too. The others have orders to do their dailies for the Intricate returns.

And then I have to decide who gets the next run at JC. Laurie, Blossom and Bo are already at top rank, Unna is at rank 2, but has so many skyshards found already that she might have problems finding more. Cat Man Dhou is spending all his spare time fishing, and everyone else needs to finish off their other crafts first.

Most need to get back to leveling Undaunted. They've stopped after the active skill they wanted, but need to resume for the passives, and we could use some more shoulders, so it might have to be pugging the pledges.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 4 2019, 11:31 PM
Post #3700

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 3 2019, 04:54 PM) *

Athynae's skellie hunting in bones & rags inspired Buffy. The little elf went to the Corpse Garden (delve in NE Deeshan) which sports lots of skellies and nothing but skellies. There, she held her nose, drank the brew and opened up a can of bone breaking righteous light upon the inhabitants. The density of skellies and quick respawn rate took her from 0/100 to 100/100 in only about 15 minutes. She then disabled the bones & rags look and whistled smugly as she headed for her next adventure. tongue.gif

That sounds like where I need to go with Pia.

Misa is only a couple Witchie Writs away from the Witch Title; but everyone I know seems to think Zenimax should be spelling my Title with a "B" instead! rollinglaugh.gif (there was a unanimous vote taken and agreed to on that, urgh)

*...mALX searches fruitlessly for innocent looking emoticon...*

I finally broke down and bought a new keyboard; got it home and installed it; then found out that the maker (Microsoft) for some reason split the keyboard in two and raised it up to a peak in the center split so the keys on each side lay at a slant = VERY inconvenient; and is going to take A LOT of getting used to.

Not just that; but the keys are not lit, either. I couldn't read the small print on the box; and did try to figure out if they lit up or not; but never was able to determine yes or no and the saleswoman said she thought all keyboards lit up these days. So I bought it and brought it home = not lit. Urgh.

Anyway; it works; and my old Razer that used to be perfect didn't. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 183 184 185 186 187 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:25 AM