Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Settlements!, Show off your Settlements here!
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 5 2019, 04:57 AM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

Could've sworn I took more pictures of settlements, but I guess not. Anyway, there aren't exactly impressive settlements, but it's what I have been building so far. I still have 2 DLCs that I need to get to expand the range of what I can build. I can certainly buy them full-price ($5), but I'm skeptical that they are worth that much for what little you seem to get.

Here is some of what I have been building.

Sanctuary Hills

Red Rocket Truck Stop

Spectacle Island

Spectacle Island - Main Building Interior

Starlight Drive-In

Starlight Drive-In - Aerial View

Nordhagen Beach

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 5 2019, 05:41 AM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 4 2019, 10:57 PM) *

Could've sworn I took more pictures of settlements, but I guess not. Anyway, there aren't exactly impressive settlements, but it's what I have been building so far. I still have 2 DLCs that I need to get to expand the range of what I can build. I can certainly buy them full-price ($5), but I'm skeptical that they are worth that much for what little you seem to get.

Here is some of what I have been building.

Sanctuary Hills

Red Rocket Truck Stop

Spectacle Island

Spectacle Island - Main Building Interior

Starlight Drive-In

Starlight Drive-In - Aerial View

Nordhagen Beach

Wow, you are a real builder! Those structures you've made are Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2019, 10:43 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

I love all the outhouses on Spectacle Island. I did that with Red Rocket and Victoria's tugboat home.

I am never sure what to do with the Drive In. The radioactive pool in the middle turns most of my characters off completely. I was thinking of making it a lair for Loviatar. But even then I was not sure if I should live in the projection building, or in the building at the base of the screen. So I have never done anything with it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 6 2019, 03:08 AM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

You can scrap the barrels at Starlight to get rid of the rads.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2019, 03:16 AM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

I had no idea. I thought the radiation was from its own marker that you could not interact with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 6 2019, 04:53 AM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 4 2019, 11:41 PM) *

Wow, you are a real builder! Those structures you've made are Awesome!

Thanks! In many of my settlements, I've tried building community structures like the interior of the Spectacle Island building.

I also just ran out of space completely at the Red Rocket Truck Stop when I was playing just a bit ago. First time I did that. I added a little bit of stuff, but the shot I have of it here is pretty much its final look.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2019, 04:43 PM) *

I love all the outhouses on Spectacle Island. I did that with Red Rocket and Victoria's tugboat home.

I am never sure what to do with the Drive In. The radioactive pool in the middle turns most of my characters off completely. I was thinking of making it a lair for Loviatar. But even then I was not sure if I should live in the projection building, or in the building at the base of the screen. So I have never done anything with it.

Haha, thanks. All the stuff you can add to settlements makes me a bit disappointed that settlers won't actually interact with most stuff you can make, like putting stuff in footlockers or playing pool or using sinks. (Granted, I don't want to actually see NPCs go to the bathroom, but you get my point.)

And yeah, what Kane said about the radioactive barrels. I happened to scan over the barrels when looking into the pool, so I scrapped them and put a Brahmin trough there (maybe some other stuff later). It's a similar thing with at least Vault 88, where there is a bunch of uranium and I believe some radioactive barrels that can be scrapped.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Mar 6 2019, 04:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 6 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2019, 09:16 PM) *
I had no idea. I thought the radiation was from its own marker that you could not interact with.
Nope! It actually works out pretty nice once you scrap them. The pool is big enough to drop an industrial water pump into it!

This post has been edited by Kane: Mar 6 2019, 02:10 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 10 2019, 04:42 AM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

Boston Airport is easily the lamest settlement in the game.

While I was making some updates to my Nordhagen Beach settlement, I saw a couple of Mirelurk Hunters across the water at the airport. I figured I'd go waste them while exploring some more of the airport, because the last time I was there I hadn't really searched it thoroughly.

Lo and behold, I find a workbench! This is a neat little place, I thought. Small, but I'll make it a cool mini-town. The rugs that were still there from pre-War times could be like little streets. I was planning 5 two-story homes in my mind along with a little marketplace in the back. Sounds cool, right?

After making the first floors for each house, I started making the second floor. All of a sudden, I was almost out of room. I then had absolutely no space left, the other houses weren't close to finished, and I hadn't even put anything inside the houses yet. And then I found out there is LITERALLY NO SPACE FOR FOOD IN THE SETTLEMENT. And I do mean literally, because placing food is not even an option in the settlement builder menu.

After finagling some more with the place and finding out that I had to make a supply line in order to bring food there, I decided that it wasn't worth the trouble. So right now it is a ghost town. There are first floors, 9 beds, and a platform for my marketplace, but I can add almost nothing more to the settlement and it isn't going to be worth the hassle.

TL;DR: Boston Airport is absolute garbage as a settlement and none of you should bother with it.

Speaking of running out of room, Bethesda made that way too restrictive for some settlements and the amount of space to work with isn't distributed well across them all. Some places have plenty more room for me to do something with, especially some of the bigger ones, but it won't actually allow me to build much more. And then others have so much space left I don't know what to do with it (e.g. Spectacle Island). Dalton Farm, which I was just building on a few minutes ago, is a small or medium-sized settlement, but the settlement builder HUD is telling me I have loads of space to do stuff with.

Oh, and one more thing: Does anybody have their workshops menu on their Pip-Boy show incorrect stats for some of their settlements? Because I have been getting that quite a bit. For example, it said Nordhagen Beach had 32 people, no water, and no food, which wasn't even remotely true. But then when you go to the settlement the stats are fixed. What gives?

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Mar 10 2019, 04:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 10 2019, 05:21 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

The bottom of the Settlements guide mentions that bug you have been having, and some ideas that might fix it. Likewise, they offer some console commands to increase the settlement build size.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 10 2019, 07:54 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 10 2019, 12:21 AM) *

The bottom of the Settlements guide mentions that bug you have been having, and some ideas that might fix it. Likewise, they offer some console commands to increase the settlement build size.

Wow, I learned a couple really great tricks on that link! Thanks, SubRosa!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 11 2019, 01:49 AM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 9 2019, 11:21 PM) *

Ooh, that's quite helpful. SubRosa coming through in the clutch again. Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 11 2019, 12:43 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, Boston Airport is pretty useless without mods to make it a full settlement. I think when Bethesda made it, they pretty much designated only to be useful for the BoS story.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 11 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey nice job Raiders! I really like the Truck Stop one, how it showcases different "architecture" from its lower level to its upper. You won't find any of this stuff on Sims.

This game seems really silly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 12 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #54

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 11 2019, 09:56 AM) *

Hey nice job Raiders! I really like the Truck Stop one, how it showcases different "architecture" from its lower level to its upper. You won't find any of this stuff on Sims.

Haha, thanks. (Btw, the misspelling of my username is intentional. wink.gif) Yeah, it is definitely silly and downright absurd at points. I mean, you can make floating buildings if you take out the supports and walls that upper levels are built on, or make other kinds of structurally unsound buildings. But I love this game.

Got a new batch of settlement screenshots. I revamped Starlight Drive-In and have some first looks at Dalton Farm (which has a huge amount of leeway that the game gives you to build stuff, because I'm barely halfway through the size bar). I have pictures of Echo Lake Lumber Mill but they are too dark, so I will get some better shots later.

Starlight Drive-In:
I decided to congregate the vast majority of beds in an apartment-style complex. Unfortunately, I had to keep messing with it because I couldn't do some of the things I wanted to. But I think it came out decently.

Mariah Looking Over the Settlement

Apartments

Overlook (missing the garden where most of the food is grown)

Marketplace

Dalton Farm:
This is one of my favorites I am working on. It was a bit hard to get it all in a screenshot. Unfortunately, the fog also hindered it a bit (isn't there a console command to turn that off?). More in-depth pictures later, but I built a main building for relaxation and a room with almost all the beds at the top, a mini-marketplace roofed over on that little dock next to the workbench, a couple areas with outhouses, a building featuring the settlement phoroptor/surgeon/barber, a gym next to the big water filter, and a shack housing the first two settlers to come there.

Wider Overlook

Another (Better) Wider Overlook

Some of the Services Available

Partial Overlook From the East

Partial Overlook From the West

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 12 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

I hate to say it, but that pool in the middle of the settlement makes me wonder if a Behemoth just came by after drinking the Beantown Brewery dry...

There are some of your practically floating apartments.

You guys really go all out with this stuff. I just build some walls and guns for the settlements. I never bother recruiting settlers or any of that stuff. The most I really do is decorate the place my character lives in.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 14 2019, 12:25 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Now that Liz has mopped up the Institute with her Minutemen, the grand tour of her settlements has begun. She will soon be stopping at all of them to upgrade and recruit as much as possible. Here are the first 4 to be hit:

Sanctuary Hills

Red Rocket Truck Stop

Tenpines Bluff

Outpost Zimonja

Not very flashy - I shoot more for functionality. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 14 2019, 12:30 AM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

Red Rocket just needs wings, and then it would be an airplane!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 12 2019, 02:23 AM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 12 2019, 04:17 PM) *

I hate to say it, but that pool in the middle of the settlement makes me wonder if a Behemoth just came by after drinking the Beantown Brewery dry...

You guys really go all out with this stuff. I just build some walls and guns for the settlements. I never bother recruiting settlers or any of that stuff. The most I really do is decorate the place my character lives in.

A rather late response on my part, but that is how I used to be. I couldn't care less about doing anything with the settlements. I then decided to mess around a bit with the building and found out it was actually quite fun. So I wanted to make some mini-towns and, well, here we are.

More pics! The fog in Far Harbor hampered some of the pics, unfortunately.

The Castle: I need to get pics of the inside since a lot of what I have built can't be seen from an aerial screenshot, but here is an outside view.
Aerial View

Echo Lake Lumber Mill: I thought I had taken a picture that got everything in the settlement, but I guess not. But there is just one building with some beds that I added on the west side. I put a barn there at first but then quickly scrapped it and added that building.

View from the Northeast

Spectacle Island: Here is a look at the main building I made.

First Floor Pic 1
First Floor Pic 2
The Party Floor (Settlers sure love them that soda machine in the corner.)

Nuka-World Red Rocket: Settlers aren't moving in at as quick of a rate as I have wanted them to. Anyway, I really like the way this one is turning out. But various combinations of Nuka-World Raiders, Gunners, and Super Mutants sure love to start fights at one of the nearby destroyed buildings. Sometimes I love jumping in, other times it is a bit annoying because I want to just build.

Fortunately, this one gives you a lot of room to build on (I tried inputting those console commands to remove those limitations on a couple other settlements, but I guess I was doing it wrong because they weren't working). I have some rows of soil for food next to a large shack, a building with beds right next to those, a building with beds and some activities on top of the Red Rocket, and some vault structures. The vault structure is divided into quarters: Security, Clinic, Cafeteria, and Nursery. (Speaking of which, is there even a point to the nursery? Is it actually used appropriately at any point?)

Pic 1
Pic 2

Dalton Farm: I added a building and split some of the beds off into that. I didn't like having so many crammed into the third floor of the main building, and I edited some of the shape of the main building because I didn't like how it looked. Luckily, this settlement also has a lot of room that it lets you build on.

Aerial View (Hopefully not too hard to see because of the fog.)

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Apr 12 2019, 02:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 13 2019, 12:57 AM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Mar 12 2019, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 11 2019, 09:56 AM) *

Haha, thanks. (Btw, the misspelling of my username is intentional. wink.gif) Yeah, it is definitely silly and downright absurd at points. I mean, you can make floating buildings if you take out the supports and walls that upper levels are built on, or make other kinds of structurally unsound buildings. But I love this game.

Got a new batch of settlement screenshots. I revamped Starlight Drive-In and have some first looks at Dalton Farm (which has a huge amount of leeway that the game gives you to build stuff, because I'm barely halfway through the size bar). I have pictures of Echo Lake Lumber Mill but they are too dark, so I will get some better shots later.

Starlight Drive-In:
I decided to congregate the vast majority of beds in an apartment-style complex. Unfortunately, I had to keep messing with it because I couldn't do some of the things I wanted to. But I think it came out decently.

Mariah Looking Over the Settlement

Apartments

Overlook (missing the garden where most of the food is grown)

Marketplace

Dalton Farm:
This is one of my favorites I am working on. It was a bit hard to get it all in a screenshot. Unfortunately, the fog also hindered it a bit (isn't there a console command to turn that off?). More in-depth pictures later, but I built a main building for relaxation and a room with almost all the beds at the top, a mini-marketplace roofed over on that little dock next to the workbench, a couple areas with outhouses, a building featuring the settlement phoroptor/surgeon/barber, a gym next to the big water filter, and a shack housing the first two settlers to come there.

Wider Overlook

Another (Better) Wider Overlook

Some of the Services Available

Partial Overlook From the East

Partial Overlook From the West

I really love the idea of the living areas being up on stilts; can you keep enemies away from the residents that way?

The "marketplace" and "available services" were really intriguing; I'd love to see more in depth looks at the interiors! Also, in "available services;" is that a vanilla building wall and roof? Really interesting looking, I don't think I've seen them in my game!

Great shots, and some really great building you've done!

QUOTE(Kane @ Mar 13 2019, 07:25 PM) *

Now that Liz has mopped up the Institute with her Minutemen, the grand tour of her settlements has begun. She will soon be stopping at all of them to upgrade and recruit as much as possible. Here are the first 4 to be hit:

Sanctuary Hills

Red Rocket Truck Stop

Tenpines Bluff

Outpost Zimonja

Not very flashy - I shoot more for functionality. smile.gif

Oh wait; do you have a mod list to go along with these screens or did you green up the grass in the Wasteland on your own?

Also, I would absolutely LOVE to see more close up shots of the first building to the Left from the North Bridge in Sanctuary = you have to have added that one, did you build it or is it a mod? It looks really interesting; I'm dying to know what you did there!

I am loving these; especially the Sanctuary and Red Rocket = very clean and nice! (I haven't seen the others in game yet, but when I do I will be coming back to look at these screens again!

Love the job you've done, great shots!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 13 2019, 01:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 13 2019, 01:26 AM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 11 2019, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 12 2019, 04:17 PM) *

A rather late response on my part, but that is how I used to be. I couldn't care less about doing anything with the settlements. I then decided to mess around a bit with the building and found out it was actually quite fun. So I wanted to make some mini-towns and, well, here we are.

More pics! The fog in Far Harbor hampered some of the pics, unfortunately.

The Castle: I need to get pics of the inside since a lot of what I have built can't be seen from an aerial screenshot, but here is an outside view.
Aerial View

Echo Lake Lumber Mill: I thought I had taken a picture that got everything in the settlement, but I guess not. But there is just one building with some beds that I added on the west side. I put a barn there at first but then quickly scrapped it and added that building.

View from the Northeast

Spectacle Island: Here is a look at the main building I made.

First Floor Pic 1
First Floor Pic 2
The Party Floor (Settlers sure love them that soda machine in the corner.)

Nuka-World Red Rocket: Settlers aren't moving in at as quick of a rate as I have wanted them to. Anyway, I really like the way this one is turning out. But various combinations of Nuka-World Raiders, Gunners, and Super Mutants sure love to start fights at one of the nearby destroyed buildings. Sometimes I love jumping in, other times it is a bit annoying because I want to just build.

Fortunately, this one gives you a lot of room to build on (I tried inputting those console commands to remove those limitations on a couple other settlements, but I guess I was doing it wrong because they weren't working). I have some rows of soil for food next to a large shack, a building with beds right next to those, a building with beds and some activities on top of the Red Rocket, and some vault structures. The vault structure is divided into quarters: Security, Clinic, Cafeteria, and Nursery. (Speaking of which, is there even a point to the nursery? Is it actually used appropriately at any point?)

Pic 1
Pic 2

Dalton Farm: I added a building and split some of the beds off into that. I didn't like having so many crammed into the third floor of the main building, and I edited some of the shape of the main building because I didn't like how it looked. Luckily, this settlement also has a lot of room that it lets you build on.

Aerial View (Hopefully not too hard to see because of the fog.)

You know, I've wondered that too. I've seen a lot of mods that add a school for children in Sanctuary; or playgrounds = always wondered if that was wasted use of Settlement space.

I also heard conflicting reports on Barber chairs and surgery chairs = that they increased Settler happiness; but that none of the Settlers will even sit in the barber chair or surgery chair. I want them because I can use them, but do they actually increase Settler happiness if they can't/don't use them?

These shots are great, I especially love your Nuka World!

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:47 PM