Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 DLC Discussion, Start your engines!
Winter Wolf
post Mar 27 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks Hazmick for going to that effort.

I downloaded the game two nights ago and are taking my sweet time with it. It doesn't have many quests so there is no point rushing. I just love the customization with the robots. It is so sweet.

Robot 1

Robot 2

Robot 3

And having Ada as a companion has improved my game immensely. Previous to that I only used Dogmeat as the other companions always got in the way as I walked around. Dogmeat, being built low to the ground was never an issue. Now Ada just clomps along behind me. I like it. smile.gif

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 3 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #22

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Gotta say, I played through Automatron and loved it. The price tag would've been worth it for the bots alone. There are so many options available to customize. Since you can send the bots wherever, I'm also giessing you can build an entire robot colony!

I really hope you guys grabbed the season pass at the lower price! I wasn't expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 6 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

Far Harbor DLC Trailer

"Please, bring my daughter home."

Umm, is this Point Lookout again? Oh wait, there weren't any Chaurus at Point Lookout!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 20 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

Far Harbor is out now, and I see Fallout 4 is slightly on sale on Steam. I am still waiting for a GOTY edition before I buy though. Has anyone heard of any future DLCs? I found this rumor about Nuka World being a possible dlc.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 20 2016, 11:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 30 2016, 03:55 AM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

Finished Far Harbo(u)r earlier. Wow, that was fun.

The quest itself was quite interesting, but the location was the main draw here. The island was so huge and fun to explore, and kind of creepy at some points when you're being stalked through the fog by various creatures.

There are a few different endings for the quest, which can result in one or more of the factions (Harbour folks, Children of Atom, Synths) being destroyed. You can side with whoever you want, and each faction has its pros and cons. Reminded me a bit of New Vegas and the way the MQ played out there.

As for future content, there's been no news yet. Mods are coming to Xbox on Tuesday, and to PS4 'soon'. If there's gonna be more DLC then they'll mention it at E3 in a couple of weeks. Personally I'll be surprised if they do more content. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 30 2016, 04:30 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

It's good to hear that Far Harbor is solid. The big new area to explore is the biggest sell for me. I love exploring the open world best about all Bethesda games. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun once I get around to FO4.

I am sure there is going to be more dlc for Fallout 4, because they raised the price of the season pass for all of the dlc. The first three dlcs added up to the original season pass price. But the new price is about $20 more. So there ought to be that much more dlc on the horizon. Maybe one more big one like Far Harbor, and one small one like the Workshop.

E3 is coming up in June, and Bethesda is going to have a showcase there. My guess is that they are waiting for that to announce the rest of the dlcs for Fallout 4. Maybe they will actually roll them out in July and August.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 30 2016, 04:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jun 1 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2016, 08:30 PM) *

E3 is coming up in June, and Bethesda is going to have a showcase there. My guess is that they are waiting for that to announce the rest of the dlcs for Fallout 4. Maybe they will actually roll them out in July and August.

That would be great! I think they are also going to give us a clear and definitive date for the release of modding tools for the consoles. I'm also hopeful that we hear the first rumblings of Elder Scrolls VI. E3 can't get here soon enough!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 1 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

Mods are already out for the X-Boxes. I don't know about the PS4s though. I saw some YouTube vids about it, and it looks a lot like installing apps for a phone. I think there is a 2gig limit, which is not much when you consider that Apachii Sky Hair is 1 gig, that is a single mod!

The mods are all hosted on the new Bethesda.Net site. It looks like anyone can submit a mod there. It makes me wonder how well they actually work. Because there is no standard to how people package their mods. For example, one person might create a folder with their mod's name. Then put another folder with their mods name inside that. Then put the Data folder inside that with all the actual files. While other people just give you the data folder and all of it subfolders.

Then of course there are the readme files, which most modders refuse to include. 90% of the time I have to make them myself by copying the info from the description page on the Nexus and pasting it into a text file. Of course those few people who do include a readme always name it Readme.txt. So that way it overwrites the last idiot's Readme.txt file, and will be itself be copied over by the next next mod's Readme.txt. I guess the revelation of actually using the same name of your mod's .esp file + Readme at the end is just too much to grasp. After all that way they appear right next to one another when you look at the contents of your drive. Sacrilege! But in any case, how do you read a mod's readme file on a console, so you know where to find your new modded gun/armor/companion?

But I digress. I think the Fallout 4 Creation Kit is available for download now from Beth.Net too. It looks like you have to sign up for some other software before you can download it. Its the Bethesda.net Launcher. I have no idea what it does. Probably just a piece of spyware/bloatware designed to use up your machine's resources so your game is more likely to crash when you actually try to play. After all, just providing a link right to it would be too easy. It is also apparently just called the Creation Kit like Skyrim's, instead of the Geck. I guess so they can get people confused between it and Skyrim, which can only be good for everyone.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 1 2016, 10:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jun 2 2016, 03:53 AM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

Oops! Guess I should have been more specific. I'm on the PS4, and we've got nuthin. ☹️ Now, having read all that, I'm not sure I want all the hassle lol. So now I guess I'm just hoping for ES6.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 2 2016, 11:02 AM
Post #30

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Mods on consoles are extremely simple. No folders to deal with or files to micromanage. You just go to the in game menu and install what people upload based on a short description, rating, and info. It downloads them and they are added to the game. You can disable or delete them from the mod menu. You can change the load order but so far it hasn't mattered for me.

The user's rating system makes sure good mods are visible and bad mods are buried. So far they work really smoothly and I've added 5-6.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 2 2016, 12:36 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

I haven't had any issues with mods yet, though I don't have any that are particularly ground-breaking (Or Xbox breaking). I have 22 currently downloaded and active, and I still have 1.53GB of space left.

It's super simple to use, though I'm not sure what it's like from a creator's point of view. From what I understand, lots of the Xbox mods are just scaled down versions of existing PC ones. There are also a few that are Fallout versions of Skyrim mods, since they use the same engine anyone who can do Skyrim stuff should be able to do Fallout stuff without having to re-learn everything.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 15 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

The rumors are true, Nuka World will be the next FO4 dlc. It looks like it will allow you to become a Raider.

There is also a Vault Tec dlc that apparently allows you to become a vault overseer and even perform experiments on your vault dwellers. It looks like the final dlc is one called Contraptions, that apparently allows you to build more stuff like conveyer belts.

Here is a vid with Bethesda's E3 announcements

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 15 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

I think I'm going to wait until they finally decide they're done with the DLCs to start playing again...Between the updates and not knowing where I am with the having to run back to defend everywhere etc...

The Vault one looks interesting, if a little daunting...

The Nuka World one sounds like it may be Fo4's The Pitt, maybe?...

Will watch gameplay vids before attempting, anyways... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Jun 22 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #34

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks for the link, SubRosa. I had not seen the connection with the park and the raiders. Fingers crossed that we will be able to play a very shady version of grey. It is about time! I guess it is too much to ask for slavery to make an appearance. The modern world is much too correct for that.

I still miss having the tied up people captured by the Muties. It was cool having the choice to help or leave them to their fate. Perhaps a little bit of Paradise Falls...

Mods are fantastic on X1 (which might be what Destri wants to hear, or maybe not.... kvleft.gif ) and it should be cool to have them on PS4. I have heard that the 2gb limit is coming down even further until they sort things out with Sony. That will be a shame as the weapon skins and audio stations do take up heaps of room.

The easy of finding and installing on X1 is a credit to Bethesda- they did a sensational job of building a user friendly system that us hopeless console users can understand. It is far easier to install than the Nexus Mod Manager thing I did on FO3.

Some early mods I am trying-

Fix Timescale
Campsite mod
Desert Eagle Gun
10mm gun that shoots mini nukes!
Ammo crafting
Full Dialogue interface
Dogmeat backpack
Shadow lighting for Pipboy
Pipboy re-texture
Moon re-texture
Deathclaw follower
Enhanced Blood
Ponytail hairstyles
Tactical weapon mod
WRVR radio
Cooking mod

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2016, 06:15 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

Steam is having a sale on a lot of Beth titles this weekend, including Fallout 4. I looked at the Season Pass, and noted this:

To reward our fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout add-ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor, Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, and Nuka-World – $70 worth of content all for one great price.

So there are the names of all the FO4 dlc. That confirms that Nuka World is coming, the Vault Tec one, and finally that Contraption one.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 7 2016, 06:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Aug 21 2016, 04:53 AM
Post #36

Knower
Group Icon

The problem with the DLC is that it is so settlement heavy. Story lines are few and far between with the things that Beth have added to the game. $70 of content is waaay over what Beth have given us so far. Really it is more in the ball-park of $20-30.

The modding community have already added tons of items to the settlement building so I feel that the Beth settlement items should have been added via free DLC. The season pass should have been for 3 story DLC which included new weapons and apparel.

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Aug 21 2016, 04:54 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2016, 04:23 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

I was thinking much the same thing when I was looking over the list of titles.

The Automatron one doesn't look especially interesting to me, except that it adds a quest and a new bad guy - the Mechanist. I don't use companions in Beth games, so building a robo sidekick holds no interest for me.

Likewise the settlement building stuff does not interest me much either. I have never wanted a big, grandiose mansion in the other games. That is why when I create a modded home for one of my characters, it is always small and very lore-friendly to the particular game. Nor have I ever liked the whole Stronghold thing that so many RPG games feel they must include now. I just want to go out adventuring. I don't want to be a carpenter, or the administrator of a castle. Just give me place to store my loot and sharpen my knives. I would rather have real content - like new lands to explore and quests to carry out.

Which leaves me with Far Harbor and Nuka World as the only DLCs that really look exciting to me.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 21 2016, 04:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2016, 07:11 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

Speaking of DLCs, it looks like Nuka World will be released August 30th, according to this article. I had no idea that the other DLCs were out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Aug 23 2016, 08:10 AM
Post #39

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 21 2016, 04:23 PM) *

Which leaves me with Far Harbor and Nuka World as the only DLCs that really look exciting to me.

Yes, that is pretty much correct. The other DLC's are just filler for their grand dream of having some sims-building-empire construction-play set.

The rest of us in the role play game world have been left high and dry by the direction that Beth has taken. If you enjoy solo exploring and building small homes the two add-ons you have cited are all you need. I did have my hopes high that something would reach FO3/NV level of DLC. I know now that will not happen. sad.gif

Automatron- Limited value unless one likes robot companions. Small quest.

Wasteland workshop- Limited value.

Far Harbor- Good DLC.

Contraptions- Limited value.

Vault Tec- Good items for settlement builders. Quest idea has merit. Not too bad.

Nuka-World- Seems gimmicky to me. Hopefully the added raiders and quest lines are more than just radiant ones. I will download it next week.

Vault-Tec lets you build different style homes and vaults. At least it does bring something new to the table.

You can build both above and below ground

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Aug 23 2016, 09:50 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2016, 05:54 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Aug 23 2016, 02:10 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 21 2016, 04:23 PM) *

Yes, that is pretty much correct. The other DLC's are just filler for their grand dream of having some sims-building-empire construction-play set.

The rest of us in the role play game world have been left high and dry by the direction that Beth has taken. If you enjoy solo exploring and building small homes the two add-ons you have cited are all you need. I did have my hopes high that something would reach FO3/NV level of DLC. I know now that will not happen. sad.gif

Automatron- Limited value unless one likes robot companions. Small quest.

Wasteland workshop- Limited value.

Far Harbor- Good DLC.

Contraptions- Limited value.

Vault Tec- Good items for settlement builders. Quest idea has merit. Not too bad.

Nuka-World- Seems gimmicky to me. Hopefully the added raiders and quest lines are more than just radiant ones. I will download it next week.

Vault-Tec lets you build different style homes and vaults. At least it does bring something new to the table.

You can build both above and below ground

Doesn't sound like they put a whole lot of effort into the DLC - but whoever did the camera work on that vid you linked did an Awesome job of going slow and not spinning around to look at things - I didn't get motion sickness at all watching it! I do like the look of the new options in building mats.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:45 PM