Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aravi in Skyrim, her video story
ghastley
post Nov 11 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #1341

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 11 2013, 12:32 AM) *

But the Forlorn add a lot more irrelevant feathers and teeth to their version. It appears to reduce the defence rating, on the inverse coverage principle. I note that Kharjo prefers warmth to protection.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 12 2013, 05:04 AM
Post #1342

Master
Group Icon

Finally I have my internet back and I don't have to rely on my cellphone.

Home again: Hmm. Kharjo and his towering self with his ancient Nord armor. I think they should settle down for the night and have some fun. Have a drink or two smile.gif

Starting a collection: Good to see those butterfly jars are being put to good use. My folks forgot them in a barrel somewhere in the house laugh.gif Pretty soon Aravi won't even need torches(she's a khajiit, I know she never really needs torches).

Taking a break: A break is always needed, especially when that one doesn't have horses. She looks a bit roguish in this picture. Suits her well.

Edge of space: Wow. Now this was a beautiful shot and it stands out among the other landscape scenes Aravi has been in. I like this one. Wallpaper material.

Somewhere along Lake Ilinalta: Just a friendly jog in the neighborhood. I sure hope she's going fishing.

Dressed as a resident of the Reach: I hope the Forsworn won't tell the difference. They're mostly Breton, so she'll have some trouble blending in.

Small Khajiit with a big sword: Big ass sword is the right word here. Look at that thing! She maybe small but she's got some strength.

Within the silver city: The city of silver and blood. She's wereavi, so I'm guessing she'll take blood, hehe. I think she should go to the waterfall and take a dip. I'm sure the residents won't care.

Children of Azura: Another beautiful picture here. I love it! Masser looks amazing.

Oh nice! Another Darnand and Aravi team-up, with Kharjo. The three aren't an army but if they play the cards right, they may be just as effective. I like how you're adding more stories in these updates. I look forward to seeing the outcome between the trio and the Forswoon.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 12 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #1343

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 3 2013, 08:52 PM) *

I went to Shriekwind Bastion and found that same exit. I wasn't looking for it, but coincidences happen. It's tagged as "Shriekwind Overlook" when you pop out, but nothing appears on the map. The game annoyingly marks both exits as "cleared" and then there are still a few draugr waiting outside when you put away your weapons, because "cleared" only applies to the interior. sad.gif

I was tempted to override the weather and take a matching screenshot, especially as the test character is a Khajiit, but I didn't have Fraps running, so no pictures.

I think both my other characters have been through that ruin, but this is the first time I've taken that turning.

And - inquiring minds want to know - did Aravi come out with a large collection of shoes?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 12 2013, 08:26 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 12 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #1344

Ancient
Group Icon

I liked Aravi's thought about Kyne testing her with the wind.

Looks like it is Found Valley Redoubt now. Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck... wink.gif

If I had worn my loincloth there would have been far fewer complaints, she thought to herself.
As long as they were underneath her... wink.gif

Aravi looks good dressed as a resident, but perhaps a little chilly. Good thing she has fur!

Is that the Bloodskaal Blade? Aravi has quite the grim rictus in that one! ohmy.gif

That nice smile in the Silver City is the Aravi we all know and love.

That is one big red moon in the Azura pic. It looks like some sort of secret meeting in the dark.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 13 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #1345

Councilor
Group Icon

If I had worn my loincloth there would have been far fewer complaints, she thought to herself.

laugh.gif Indeed, particularly in that wind. Kharjo and Darnand would have been racing each other to keep up with the view. tongue.gif

This is so exciting! Without Aravi and Kharjo, Darnands head would doubtlessly be among the Forsworns decorations. That place is horrific.

This gale is going to make casting difficult, but I do believe I can compensate, Darnand offered.

Nice, I can hear him saying that. And climbing the side of a mountain in any weather is not one of Darnands talents. Aravi knew how to motivate him even more than the loincloth would with her reminder of Jerric in prison. This is great fun!

Screens:

Reach resident: I like Aravis version much better than the feathered mess that the natives wear. She looks awesome! Nice to see Kharjo safe inside his armor though, in case any wild Bretons try to carve Aravi up and take her outfit.

I love Aravis expression in the one with the Bloodskaal blade! Has she found any two-handed katanas? I saw one in Jerrics crafting menu that made me (us, lol) think of her.

She looks so lovely in the Silver City picture. I love how you framed her under the arch with the waterfall behind. Thats my favorite one. happy.gif

How neat to see Aravi with Lillith under the moon! I never thought of the Azura link between them. Very nice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 28 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #1346

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian: Yep, she was fine with being up high. They will find a place where everyone can join in when the shooting starts. Jerric better not be eating beans!

Lol, I actually almost chose a different picture because of Kharjos position relative to Aravi in that screen. She had a nicer face in this one though. Thanks Acadian!

@ghastley: Aravi didnt care for the little extras the Forsworn have either. I am considering the version with the little pouch though.

Shriekwind Bastion, I think that was the first time I saw that particular exit as well. It would have been cool to see a matching screen!

And to answer your question, no she did not acquire a collection of shoes. Aravi almost never wears shoes. Thanks ghastly!

@DE: Home Again: Whos to say they didnt have a fun night?

Torchbugs make fun nightlights. laugh.gif

Break: Thanks! That was kind of what I was aiming for in that picture.

Big Sword: She isnt used to the amount of strength needed to get that big piece of metal moving, so things have been interesting.

Silver city: No dip in that waterfall! She doesnt let just anyone see her without clothing!

Glad you like the story, my writing is rough, but I very much enjoy it. smile.gif Thanks DE!

@SubRosa: As long as they were underneath her... wink.gif
They were climbing a mountain with Aravi in the lead. They definitely would have had a view lol.

Aravi isnt especially devout, but thinking of Kyne seemed natural.

Chilly is right! I do think the Reach is a little cold for that outfit. The Rift is much better.

That is the Bloodskaal Blade, one of the more enjoyable weapons in the game. She needs that little extra kick it has too. Thanks SubRosa!

@Grits: Darnand wouldnt just be red from exertion either! laugh.gif

You know, I never thought of the Forsworn using people as totems. Now that youve said it though, it only seems natural for them.

So glad you are enjoying this! happy.gif

I thought of Lildereth in the barbarian armor when I posted that. How funny that one armor suits a character and clearly does not suit another.

I saw the waterfall shining in the light and knew I needed a picture of Aravi under it! Thanks Grits!

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

Last time, Aravi found a good perch to observe the Forsworn and shared her findings with Darnand and Kharjo. Now they've found a place to attack from and plan...

Darnand, your part will be to burn their tents. They have them set up there, she pointed with a claw, there, and there.

Darnand nodded. He looked at the crude structures, arraigned haphazardly in groups. Aravi watched his face, wondering if he felt any sort of remorse for these Bretons. She suspected he didnt even think of them as having any connection with him. Which makes sense. She had to admit to herself that she felt a twinge of regret when she killed a fellow Khajiit. Even if they deserve it.

Wind blew Darnands short brown hair into a mess that he didnt seem to notice. A lock of hair stood straight up. Aravi smiled and turned to look back at the fortress.

I cannot believe people live like this, Darnand said. Just look at those feeble shelters, I am surprised they still stand in this ceaseless wind. And when it rains? Those tents would not repel water; they would just get soaked and leak. The people! I would go so far to say that they all smell of the animal they pulled their bed off of. They do not seem to know how to treat hide and leather. My horse has better living arrangements at Markarths stable than these people. How do they bathe, I wonder? When it rains perhaps? I do not see any organized latrine either. One can only speculate how they handle that.

They do have a river flowing through the middle of their fort, Kharjo pointed out.

Darnand eyes widened in horror. I drank from that river when I was gathering alchemy ingredients! He pinched the bridge of his nose.

Aravi ignored Darnands fussing. Kharjo, be careful of that area over there. She pointed to a section set back into the cliff they stood upon. It wasnt much lower than their position, and a talented archer would be able to shoot back from there. Magical attacks would be even easier. A long, steep flight of stairs below them appeared to be the only way to reach it. The area above it was inaccessible, much to Aravis displeasure. From what she could see, a waterfall from higher up the mountain formed a narrow and fast moving river over there. That in turn fell lower; creating the waterfall and river that flowed out of the fortress.

Do either of you have a potion of cure disease? Darnand piped up.

When we are done here, Darnand, Aravi replied. Her nerves were wearing thin. When we start, I want you to summon your atronach close to those stairs. If something starts shooting at us from up there, I want that to get hit first.

Darnand read her thoughts. If anyone tries to shoot at us from there, they will have to deal with her first. Darnand squinted at the river. What is that structure over the river? It looks like an arched bridge, except it follows the river, instead of going over it.

Aravi looked more closely, and indeed the Breton was right. It went right down the middle of the river, and followed it until it ended with the waterfall. It was as high above the water as she was tall, except where the arch was low. Then it was merely the length of one of her arms.

The prize is probably somewhere up there. Along with the hagraven.

It never occurred to this one why the plants grew so well downstream? Kharjo directing his question to Darnand. He knew he was causing trouble and was enjoying it.

Enough! Aravi said before Darnand could reply. She gave Kharjo a look. No more, or youll regret it. He was unperturbed, but held his tongue.

She picked up her bow. Ready? Kharjo and Darnand sobered immediately and nodded. She pulled the arrow so that the fletching tickled her whiskers and sighted in on an oblivious Forsworn warrior. The snap of her bowstring was drowned out by the sound of one of Darnands fireballs racing for the valley below.

She heard him summon his atronach and suppressed a cringe. Focus on shooting. Darnand will be careful. She released another arrow as the Forsworns first arrows started shattering against the cliff face.

An intimate moment
Art by Julia!

The Road to Markarth

Side tracked

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 28 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #1347

Paladin
Group Icon

Fic Oh, this was such a delightful capture of the personalities of these three wonderful characters. Darnand overanalyzing and fretting, Kharjo quietly stirring the pot with a serious demeanor while no doubt laughing on the inside, and Aravi just trying to get down to business. Sounds like a good plan is off to a good start!

Cuddles is another wonderful Julia drawing. Awww, love Aravi's little tail sticking out the bottom of the bedding. happy.gif

Road to Markarth could easily be a winning advertisement to showcase how pretty Skyrim can be! Not to mention Aravi and her trusty Cat of Steel trailing along watchfully.

Sidetracked is another beautiful close up of Aravi.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 29 2013, 03:10 AM
Post #1348

Ancient
Group Icon

Darnand eyes widened in horror. I drank from that river when I was gathering alchemy ingredients! He pinched the bridge of his nose.
Ewwww! No wonder it had a little wang to it! laugh.gif

It never occurred to this one why the plants grew so well downstream?
Oh he just had to rub it in, didn't he? biggrin.gif

A delightful planning session where the personalities of all three were so well highlighted. Now unto the breach once more!

Cuddles was adorably cute.

Love the way the sun is hidden by the trees in Road to Markarth, but still lending them a roseate halo.

Sidetracked looks nasty. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 30 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #1349

Councilor
Group Icon

I just loved this part! happy.gif

Introducing Darnands rant with Aravis thoughts about remorse was a very subtle touch. His case of nerves came out in a fussing fit, and that is so like him!

Kharjo was hilarious teasing Darnand. Poor Aravi probably felt like she was babysitting the two of them as much as planning an assault on a Forsworn stronghold. The interplay between the three of them was a delight. I love how they got right back to the business at hand when Aravi gave the ready signal. This is awesome, KC!

Cuddles, aww so sweet. Love Aravis tail tip peeking out!

The road to Markarth is so beautiful! That stormy sky with the low sun behind the trees takes the breath away. Kharjo and Aravi make such a contrast with their silhouettes. happy.gif

Side tracked: Oh no, Aravis getting her beautiful outfit all messy! No wonder she looks so pissed. That is an awesome angry face!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 30 2013, 07:59 PM
Post #1350

Master
Group Icon

An Intimate Moment- Another great artwork. I like Aravi in the artwork. Its so great! Looks warm and intimidate indeed.

The Road to Markarth- Kharjo looks so intimidating in that armor. He makes a fine bodyguard, considering he's a good fighter and he protects Aravi with his life.

Side Tracked- She sure looks angry in this picture. Woe to those who cross Aravi's path!

The mini story continues! As the others said, you've captured and showed the individual personalities well. Darnand's worry about drinking pee water had me laughing. When he's around, humor is too. Poor Aravi laugh.gif

Men will be men, Aravi. That's why she should bring along a woman for the journey wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 12 2013, 03:53 AM
Post #1351

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian: I am very glad you feel I captured the personalities of the three of them. happy.gif That was the most important thing to me.

I was very pleased with the cuddle picture! I hope to perhaps get more like that in the future. Thanks Acadian!

@SubRosa: Poor Darnand! laugh.gif Ive always imagined Kharjo as the type to stir up some trouble when the opportunity arises.

The lighting in Road to Markarth is from a shader suit mod. It makes everything very pretty, but can challenge even a pair of gtx 670s. Thanks SubRosa!

@Grits: And I love Darnads fussing fits! biggrin.gif Ive very glad you liked my portrayal. This is almost as crazy as an attack with the Nord along.

Everyone loves the little tail tip! happy.gif Thanks Grits!

@DE: Its a lot of fun to see what the artist comes up with when I tell her an idea.

Kharjos role is to hold his shield while Aravi gets around whoever is hitting him.

Lildereth would have been fun to bring along on this, but when this story started, she hadnt quite make the trip yet. Thanks DE!

Previously: After observing their foes from high above, Aravi, Kharjo, and Darnand began their attack on Lost Valley Redoubt.

The initial attack went well. Darnand used his explosive fireballs to deadly effect. Kharjos small, fast bolts sliced through the air, claiming Forsworn one by one. Aravis larger and slower missiles were less effective, but took their toll on the Forsworn as well. Their height advantage, along with the unrelenting wind kept the three of them from harm.

When there were no more in the lower part of the fort, they carefully descended the steep cliff face. Aravi arrived first. Her feline agility and light armor allowed her to safely take jumps the other two did not dare. Her fingers and toes allowed her better grip on the cool, rough stone.

Darnand made it down last, almost exhausted. Kharjo was tired, but was still in fighting condition. Darnand drank a potion, and his breathing subsided. Sweat still ran down his face.

Aravi looked up. Above them was the final section of the fortress, the one they could not get to on the cliffs. A steep flight of stone stairs was the only way.

Whatever is up there will be expecting us. We will have to be fast. We do not have the element of surprise anymore, and there will probably be more than just a hagraven, Aravi told them while they caught their breath. Im expecting magical attacks. Ready?

The two were panting, but nodded. Her eyes locked with Darnands briefly. He was determined. This is the closest hes been to freeing his friend, and he was going to see this through. His birth sign flitted through her mind. The Apprentice. He will be vulnerable. Aravi nodded to them and started climbing stairs. She called her ward spell to her hand as she took the stairs faster and faster.

Aravi pushed herself to the last step. Blood, adrenaline, and magicka pumped through her veins. The glowing blue light emanating from her palm brightened when she poured her magicka into the spell. At first it did nothing. Then suddenly it expanded into a disc wider than her body. The protective spell would push physical weapons away from her, but it was best at countering hostile spells.

The magical shield used a tremendous amount of her limited energy. She knew she could not maintain it for even a minute. She would have to be fast.

The ward distorted her vision. She could make out the odd bridge-like structure Darnand noted earlier, the ramp she needed to take, and seven shapes on the bridge.

Her shield blinked and something crashed into her breast plate. She didnt feel any pain so she kept sprinting. A hollow crash sounded on Kharjos shield behind her. Arrows. I was hit by an arrow?

Kharjos crossbow sounded and one of the shapes dropped. Six.

Her feet touched the stonework of the ramp and she readied her sword. A forsworn archer was readying her bow just a few long paces away. If the archer released, her ward wouldnt be able to push it away, and her armor wouldnt defect the sharp stone arrow at this close range.

Pain exploded beneath Aravis foot, just as she placed it forward. It did not support the weight she needed it to. She fell forward, her ward spent, right in front of a forsworn archer.

She rolled to the side and felt the arrowhead shatter on the stone next to her. Momentum carried her over the edge and into the water below.

Ice cold water tore the air from her lungs when she hit. An involuntary breath brought in only water. She struggled for the surface in her Elven armor. The waterlogged armor felt like it weighed more than steel. She struggled in vain to swim to the surface.

Her fingers brushed stone and she latched onto it with all of her might. Her body was pulled down stream, but she kept hold. She pulled herself up, climbing the stone upwards towards the light.

She broke the surface and threw herself over the rock, coughing up water. After a moment she wondered, Why havent I been shot?

Aravi!

She turned her head at the sound of her name. She saw a fiery red portal, reminiscent of the Oblivion gates of legend.

Barbarian Khajiit

Overlooking the Reach

Dont like the water?

Spot the Khajiit!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Dec 12 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #1352

Master
Group Icon

This chapter was a blast. Clearly the trio had the advantage of the high ground. Darnand and his usual explosive and deadly fireballs, Aravi and her fantastic marksmanship along with Kharjo's deadly aim.

I've probably said it before but I'll say it again. They make one hell of a team. Kharjo dropped six forsworn in less time than it took to say it!

You left us with quite a cliffhanger with Aravi nearly drowning and seeing a . . no! it can't be! Old memories resurfacing? Quite literally?

Barbarian khajiit- Now we're talking. Conan Aravi the barbarian!

The reach may be a dangerous place with perilous cliffs but the view is outstanding and very serene. Sometimes it makes me want to just jump in and sit and ponder.

More importantly, don't like some fun? Aravi naked and in the water. Kharjo in armor, standing there doing nothing. Anyone else see something wrong with this picture? tongue.gif

Where's Waldo Aravi? In the words of General Zod, "I will find her!". Of course, I did. There she is. Sitting by the cliff edge! Blending in!

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Dec 12 2013, 01:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 12 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #1353

Paladin
Group Icon

What a tense update this was! Success from above, but troubles once they crested those stairs for phase two of the assault. And into the icy water! Glad she made it out. Who is calling her name? What is that fiery red portal? Youve right properly hung us with a cliffie! ohmy.gif tongue.gif

I chuckled at Darnands use of stamina in a bottle typical mage. wink.gif

Barbarian Aravi in her loinkini! Woot!

Overlooking the Reach is a great shot. That mountain looks like the Matterhorn. smile.gif

Smart Kharjo. Keep the water walk thing going till you doff the armor!

Spot the Khajiit. Cant do it. Not even after DE's hint. laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 13 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #1354

Councilor
Group Icon

I loved this part! Excellent description of Aravis Ward spell, with how it works and its limitations blended right into the action.

What a shock to have Aravi fall into the water in full armor! As much as she loves to swim it was very tense to see her almost drown. Awesome idea to have her climb the stones to get above the surface. What a twist!

Your depiction of an exhausted and determined Darnand downing a stamina potion was exactly right. Its a real delight to see him in Aravis story.

And now a portal!! Very exciting!

Aravi does look very barbarian with that big blade! Awesome picture of her angry face. And of course all of Jerrics crew are fans of that outfit. biggrin.gif

The Reach has a great, dreamy look in that picture. Nice to see Aravi enjoying a quiet moment.

Lol, Kharjo the Waterstrider. Get those boots off and go swimming!

I had to zoom in to find Aravi, and I never would have without DEs hint! Spot the Khajiit indeed. tongue.gif No way against those rocks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 15 2013, 05:21 AM
Post #1355

Ancient
Group Icon

Like Grits, I loved your description of Aravi's ward spell. That is one of my favorite additions to Skyrim. It is something I think is long overdue in the series. I just wish it did not use so much magicka!

As often happens, things went really well, until things went really bad! ohmy.gif That was a close call with the archer, and an even closer one in the river! Poor wet kitty! I am presuming that Kharjo and Darnand were keeping the Forsworn too busy to shoot her. But I do not have presumptions about this magical red portal! That cannot be good.

I see Aravi is still putting the Bloodskaal Blade to good use.

A beautiful sunrise over the reach. That looks like the dwarven tower east of Dushnikh Yal.

Kharjo looks great with Azhidal's boots!

I can see Aravi! Right in the middle of the picture, next to the end of the water.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 19 2013, 02:21 AM
Post #1356

Master
Group Icon

@DE: They really needed the high ground! That was the only way I could realistically think of them taking on this base and actually succeeding without making the forsworn total idiots. I think you misread, Kharjo nailed one right off the bat, but even he needs to reload. tongue.gif

I thought you would like a bit of barbarian action.

Kharjo kind of does look a little stuck up in that picture. He gets his share of fun though, dont worry. Thanks DE!

@Acadian: Not everything can be smooth sailing can it? wink.gif

Big weapon and little armor seems to be the proper definition of a barbarian.

If you are talking about the big mountain, thats the throat of the world! Thanks Acadian!

@Grits: I needed to make sure everyone knew what the ward did. In game it adds a small amount of armor, but I thought it would be more appropriate if it just pushed physical things away. Glad you are enjoying Darnands adventure with Aravi and Kharjo!

All of Jerrics crew? Interesting, I did not know that about Lil and Abiene. laugh.gif

I see you agree with DE! Thanks Grits!

@SubRosa: I agree with you on the wards. Without some restoration perks, they are completely useless! Poor wet kitty is right, Kharjo and Darnand will have to take care of things without her!

Bloodskaal is so cool! biggrin.gif Shes been using it less though.

You are right about the tower! That was the first time Id ever been in that area!

Aravis fur blends in well with those stones still. I expected more people to have trouble finding her. Thanks SubRosa!

Previously, Aravi, Kharjo, and Darnand started phase two of the attack. After reaching the top of the stairway, Aravi charged a group of archers with a ward and a sword. She fell into the river below and nearly drowned. When she pulled herself onto a rock, she saw a portal to Oblivion

Kharjos stomach flipped when he saw Aravi fall into the river. He didnt realize he was yelling until he ran out of breath. Was Aravi hit? It happened so fast, too fast for him to see. He raised his shield in time to block a volley of arrows. His ears rung with the series of impacts against his metal shield. Six more, he remembered. Aravi will be fine, he told himself. He had to believe it now. He braced the crossbow on the ground and put his boot through the stirrup. It was awkward while hiding behind his shield.

Where is she? he heard the breathless question just behind him.

Water, was all Kharjo could say.

A fiery disk popped into existence next to him and quickly expanded. Kharjo dropped his shield and weapon and scrambled out of the way. It seemed to darken everything around it, as if it consumed the very light. Through the mouth of the portal, he could see lighting streak through red tinted clouds. In the foreground was a man, shrouded in darkness. The man stepped forward, through the raging inferno, and into Tamriel. The afternoon light fell on him and Kharjo could see that this was not a man but a Dremora. He wore armor of twisted metal and spines. His face was totally obscured by the helmet he wore.

The Dremora threw his hands in the air and screamed a battle cry. His voice was as twisted as his armor. Kharjos ears flattened at the sound and panic shot through him. He fought the instinct to run away. The forsworn fired a volley of arrows at the Dremora. Instead of blocking them, or moving out of the way, he stood there and allowed the arrows to strike him. The missiles burst into flames when they touched his armor, leaving him unscathed.

He opened his palm and a sword, as jagged an ugly as his armor, materialized into his raised hand. It wasnt translucent like normal summoned weapons, but a real, physical sword that he just called from Oblivion. He pointed the sword's tip at the six Forsworn in front of him, and above Aravi.

Aravis ok!

Another volley of arrows was shot at the Dremora. Again, all of them burst into flames. It must be enchanted to destroy weapons.

The Dremora threw itself at the archers, attacking with savage abandon. A fireball flew past Kharjo, impacting somewhere among the defending archers.

Kharjo didnt stay to watch the slaughter that he knew was coming. He ran to the waters edge and kneeled. Aravi was still lying on the rock in the middle of the river, coughing.

Aravi! he called and stretched his arm out to her. She was out of reach.

She looked up and her eyes settled behind him. Her eyes went wide and her ears angled forward in shock.

Aravi! he yelled again. Come!

Her eyes settled on his, then his hand. She gritted her teeth and her ears flattened. Then she pushed off the rock with a hiss, back into the water.

A fireball went over his head. The light reflected off of the water. He couldnt see her anymore. Two waves of heat washed over him, one from the projectile, and one from the explosion. The sounds of fighting above him distracted him. He almost fell in when Aravis hand took his and pulled.

He hauled her out of the water, pulling back until he fell backwards. Aravi landed on top of him and rolled off. She tried to stand and fell to the ground.

Kharjo looked at her foot and saw a bloody tear.

I think a shard of ice went through my foot, she said with shaking breath. And the ankle is broken too. She blinked tears from her eyes.

It must have been an ice rune, he realized. A nasty trick that they always needed to be cautious of.

Kharjo gave her one of his potions. It would take some time for it to begin working. With this ones potion and Aravis own magicka, it should be enough. The only question was how much time. Drink that, he told her unnecessarily.

She nodded and said, I can fix it. You and Darnand need to finish this though. I cant move.

Kharjo looked ahead. A few more of the crude tents could be seen behind a palisade wall. He watched Aravi drink the contents of the potion and grimace. This one will take the wizard and go. Khajiit will be right back.

He stood up and looked around. Above, things were quiet. The archers must be dead. At the stairs, the portal to Oblivion was gone. All that was left was scorch marks. Darnand ran to them.

Are you injured? he asked Aravi, speaking breathlessly. His face was sweaty and... is that soot?

Kharjo spoke for her. Aravi is injured, but will be fine. We need to finish this without her. Kharjo gestured to the palisade with his axe.

Darnand looked at Aravi, then Kharjo. He nodded, accepting this fact without blinking.

A khajiits armor

Overlooking the falls

Worst nightmare

Make them burn

Bringing the light

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 19 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #1357

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew! Looks like the Three Amigos are okay sort of for now.

You did a good job of showing how Kharjo was torn between his need to keep fighting and his concern for Aravi until he could finally get to her. Neat description of the Dremora!

Itll be interesting to see Kharjo and Darnand continue through this without Aravi.

-Ooh! Pretty blue magical armor around Aravi!
-Overlooking the falls is just gorgeous.
-Worst nightmare. Are those spider things? Buffys worst nightmare of course is clannfears, so she can identify with Aravis fear of spiders.
-In making them burn, it looks like Aravis calling up some mighty potent mojo!
-Im guessing that is Meridias Dawnbreaker that is lighting Arais path in search of evil foes.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 21 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #1358

Ancient
Group Icon

Poor Kharjo. sad.gif It seems his lady love is always throwing herself into danger. If she is not running off with vampire chicks or howling at the moon, she is falling into rivers!

Ok, who invited the Dremora to the party? I hope it was not our lovable Breton mage!

Like Acadian, I enjoyed your description of the dremora, and his arrow-eating armor. That guy is not one with whom to fetch! Which of course I am sure the Terrific Trio is about to do.

Khajiit's Armor is a fantastic shot of mid spellcasting!

The falls look very idyllic

Worst Nightmare is less than idyllic! ohmy.gif Can we go back to the waterfall please! biggrin.gif

Aravi looks positively ferocious in make them burn. Once again I am reminded of Sam Jackson

I love the light cast by Dawnbreaker in the last pic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 22 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #1359

Councilor
Group Icon

The Dremora was so very cool! I love how the arrows just burned away, and the description of him summoning his sword was just awesome. I love Kharjos and Aravis reaction to him. That is not something that they see every day! I imagine that the Foresworn were similarly shaken by his appearance.

Aravis poor foot! Ice runes are a Jerric trademark (they dont miss), so I cringed when I realized thats what they do to unbooted feets. With the Dremora in action and Darnand blowing things up, I didnt have to worry about K & A getting shot while they got Aravi situated.

And now the guys have to go on alone. The sweaty and sooty and out of breath mage made me smile. And Im very glad that Kharjo is so great with his shield!

Khajiit armor indeed. Swift and silent does not come with a bunch of metal plates! I love how versatile Aravi is with her use of magic.

Overlooking the falls is gorgeous. It looks like theres a storm coming in across the valley. I have no idea where that is!

Worst nightmare, I thought of Aravi when Jerric blew through there. He was of course in full battle glory, but that part must have been terrifying for those who dont like the crawly ones.

Make them burn, oh my gosh thats neat! I love how shes up on her tippy toes, and the fire looks awesome in the dark.

Bringing the light looks great. I really like the look of Dawnbreaker. Do I spy a belly button charm, or is that wishful thinking? tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Dec 24 2013, 02:26 AM
Post #1360

Master
Group Icon

So, one of Dagon's servants came into full view of the public of Forsworn and Aravi's crew. Daedra sure know how to make an entrance, don't they? Martin Septim, you died for nothing! That was quite the battle there, and a vicious one, too. Glad our heroes came out alive.

A khajiits armor- Aravi died! She's a ghost! Or just wearing some blue, glowing armor that looks very badass.

Overlooking the falls- Yet again you never fail to capture the scenic beauty of Skyrim and Aravi's occasionally chillaxing positions. The sun's rays, the clouds and the backround is lovely. Makes me jealous of your PC. laugh.gif

Worst nightmare- Ghost spider familiar? Coming back to haunt Aravi? hahaha.

Make them burn- Bout to unleash hell on her enemies again. Things are looking to get hot. Maybe her enemies need to lighten up a bit? Okay, I'm done with the puns here, but this is another show of how devastating Aravi can be. Great!

Bringing the light- To those who do not walk in it? I really hope Aravi isn't going to join those Vigilantes of Stendarr and their inquisitorial habits. But I must admit Dawnbreaker does look awesome and has very good effects against its primary victims, despite me not entirely being a fan of anything anti-undead.

--------------------
+Quote Post

71 Pages V « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:35 PM