9 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim CK Experimenting, Post Your CK Fun Here:
Grits
post Feb 8 2015, 03:24 AM
Post #101

Councilor
Group Icon

Ooo, me!! Ninette the She-Hulk is Arch-Mage, and she hates those robes. I don’t even remember where she stashed them. Your amulet looks great, ghastley! It will look really good on a male, too.

Hofi’s hair is lovely. I’m glad you made this for her! biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2015, 11:13 PM
Post #102

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 7 2015, 09:08 PM) *

Hólmfríður, (Hofi for short) is the character who ignored my Orc Hearthfires testing, and went off and became Archmage instead. She didn't like the robes she got -"It messes up my hair" - and still didn't like them when I found the ones without the hood in the CK.

So she persuaded me to make an amulet with the same enchantment. It's based on the Amulet of Articulation that you get from the Thieves Guild, but with the College's symbol as the pendant.

Hofi with Amulet

It shouldn't be too much more work to make the male version, and the inventory/ground copy. I think it would be possible to add a script to prevent it being worn at the same time as the robes, which would stop it being OP. Would anyone else use it?

Ooh, she is pretty, and I love her hair! Nice job on that amulet! That looks Awesome! I'll have to look up the Articulation one, don't know what that enchantment is (unless my guess at speechcraft is correct, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 8 2015, 11:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 9 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #103

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 7 2015, 09:08 PM) *

It shouldn't be too much more work to make the male version, and the inventory/ground copy....

Well, of course, it's harder than it looks. I made the Ground Object model, and it won't show in the game. I thought at first that it had something to do with two NiShapes, but the circlets do that, so that's not the answer.

Looks OK in NifSkope, though.

Essentially the ground mesh is the "armour" reconfigured as a misc object (so it has collision etc.) I'm trying to make this the simple case of a rigid object, although I note that some amulets were build with joints in the ground meshes (articulated!) so the pendant could move separately from the necklace. The texturing of the mesh pieces should be identical to that in the worn meshes, but there's something I'm missing that leaves it invisible in-game.

Edit: it turns out that the same "Skinned" flag that makes outfits float on their own if you don't select it is the one that makes ground objects disappear if you do. And I've found the right setting for the INV block to get the rotation right, so it's onward with the male meshes and the script.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 12 2015, 08:31 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 14 2015, 04:53 AM
Post #104

Councilor
Group Icon

If anyone wants to try the Archmage Amulet before it's released, get it here

The 0.1 version doesn't put it into the game world, so you'll have to use the console to add it. That will let you check it out before going all the way through the quest line. For release, I'll get the Story Manager to tell me when the player enters the Archmage's Quarters after completing the quest line, and add it to a chest, or just put it on a table and enable it then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 14 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #105

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 13 2015, 10:53 PM) *

If anyone wants to try the Archmage Amulet before it's released, get it here

The 0.1 version doesn't put it into the game world, so you'll have to use the console to add it. That will let you check it out before going all the way through the quest line. For release, I'll get the Story Manager to tell me when the player enters the Archmage's Quarters after completing the quest line, and add it to a chest, or just put it on a table and enable it then.

Woo Hoo, Thank you Ghastley!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 14 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #106

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, thank you ghastley!! I PMed you a report. smile.gif

Thank you so much for sharing this! I love your amulet! It’s very exciting to have a completely new item that fits perfectly into the game and replaces provides an alternative to a major quest reward that I never liked.

This post has been edited by Grits: Feb 14 2015, 05:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 14 2015, 09:49 PM
Post #107

Councilor
Group Icon

I just discovered that you don't get the unhooded robes in the vanilla game, so my idea of providing the amulet with them won't work. They're placed on a table in the Archmage's quarters, and disabled, so I assumed they got enabled at the end of the quest line. They don't.

The Unofficial Patch 2.0.4 or later enables them. I may just include instructions to enable them if you don't have it, since it's already a permanent ref, and has a fixed RefID.

prid 77d06
enable

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 14 2015, 09:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 14 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #108

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 14 2015, 03:49 PM) *

I just discovered that you don't get the unhooded robes in the vanilla game, so my idea of providing the amulet with them won't work. They're placed on a table in the Archmage's quarters, and disabled, so I assumed they got enabled at the end of the quest line. They don't.

The Unofficial Patch 2.0.4 or later enables them. I may just include instructions to enable them if you don't have it, since it's already a permanent ref, and has a fixed RefID.

prid 77d06
enable

Thanks, Ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 15 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #109

Councilor
Group Icon

And of course, I couldn't be satisfied with that - Version 0.3 has a quest triggered by the Story Manager when you first get the Archmage's Robes, that simply enables the un-hooded version and the amulet next to it. If you've already done the quest, and have the robes, then dropping them and picking them back up does it.

I also remembered to add the script to the unhooded robes to remove the amulet, so you can't cheat any more!

IPB Image

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 11 2015, 07:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2015, 03:01 AM
Post #110

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 14 2015, 06:57 PM) *

And of course, I couldn't be satisfied with that - Version 0.3 has a quest triggered by the Story Manager when you first get the Archmage's Robes, that simply enables the un-hooded version and the amulet next to it. If you've already done the quest, and have the robes, then dropping them and picking them back up does it.

I also remembered to add the script to the unhooded robes to remove the amulet, so you can't cheat any more!

IPB Image

Ha! I love the way you keep improving your mods! Downloaded, and Thank you!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 15 2015, 02:49 PM
Post #111

Councilor
Group Icon

Beautiful! 0.3 works perfectly. The unequip messages are a thoughtful touch. Ninette got her Archmage robes out of the cupboard in her dorm room, and the hoodless robe and Amulet were right there when she entered the Archmage’s apartment.

Now she has incentive to wear her Expert and Master robes and show off her new Amulet. It also looks great with the open-collared robes from Common Clothes. So far she’s dancing around her room trying on the clothes and circlets that she has collected but never worn. Finally Ninette is interested in her appearance! tongue.gif

Thank you so much for sharing this, ghastley! IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 11 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #112

Councilor
Group Icon

Somehow I made a landscape tear nowhere near where I was working on my Rocky Top cottage, and it took me deleting EVERY ONE of my landscape edits to resolve it. I don’t know how I would ever have found it without TES5Edit. Ugh. I had my test character (Gritsen) sit on the porch and watched traffic through Rorikstead while I drank some tea for a while afterward. I’m enjoying the road before I probably break it while NavMeshing. blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 13 2015, 10:19 AM
Post #113

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 11 2015, 02:52 PM) *

Somehow I made a landscape tear nowhere near where I was working on my Rocky Top cottage, and it took me deleting EVERY ONE of my landscape edits to resolve it. I don’t know how I would ever have found it without TES5Edit. Ugh. I had my test character (Gritsen) sit on the porch and watched traffic through Rorikstead while I drank some tea for a while afterward. I’m enjoying the road before I probably break it while NavMeshing. blink.gif

A lot of times you can just use "Soften Vertices" to repair a tear in the mesh. It is an extremely powerful tool, and can repair a huge tear in one click.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 15 2015, 03:12 AM
Post #114

Councilor
Group Icon

Thank you, mALX! That’s a great tip. I’m trying to stay compatible with another mod, which is probably more than I should have attempted on my first try. I put in a garden that now I don’t like because it looks out of place, so my next task is removing it. I don’t want my cottage to look too different from the rest of the village. I should have picked a spot in the middle of nowhere, but this is where I want my house! Sigh.

So to take a break I made a panty raid mod for one of my characters, I’m sure I don’t need to say whose idea this was. Some of Lil’s “armor” is quite distracting when she bends, so I got her some underwear. It was too boring to buy them from the vendor so I made a leveled list. Now some bandits have a cute pair of panties stuffed in their loot chests or pockets. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 15 2015, 03:34 AM
Post #115

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 14 2015, 10:12 PM) *

Thank you, mALX! That’s a great tip. I’m trying to stay compatible with another mod, which is probably more than I should have attempted on my first try. I put in a garden that now I don’t like because it looks out of place, so my next task is removing it. I don’t want my cottage to look too different from the rest of the village. I should have picked a spot in the middle of nowhere, but this is where I want my house! Sigh.

So to take a break I made a panty raid mod for one of my characters, I’m sure I don’t need to say whose idea this was. Some of Lil’s “armor” is quite distracting when she bends, so I got her some underwear. It was too boring to buy them from the vendor so I made a leveled list. Now some bandits have a cute pair of panties stuffed in their loot chests or pockets. tongue.gif

I have personally seen that "soften vertices" completely heal an enormous tear with one click when set at "5." Saved my life! In Oblivion, click on "W" to show only the wire framing of the area, and carefully draw the two wires where the mesh is torn back together. When the torn is healed, click "W" again and you'll find it looks perfect again.

I don't understand why lessons like these aren't taught in the classes, I think that would be an important bit of info for new modders who are most apt to tear it.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 15 2015, 03:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 25 2015, 11:31 PM
Post #116

Councilor
Group Icon

Much to my dismay I got the same land tear at the border again, and this time I finally figured it out. It’s from a landscape edit in the other mod that I’m testing mine with to make sure they’re compatible. A simple load order swap fixed the problem. *head-desk*

mALX, I thought of your patio areas when I saw this resource today: Wicker Set (furniture) by Garnet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 26 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #117

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 25 2015, 06:31 PM) *

Much to my dismay I got the same land tear at the border again, and this time I finally figured it out. It’s from a landscape edit in the other mod that I’m testing mine with to make sure they’re compatible. A simple load order swap fixed the problem. *head-desk*

mALX, I thought of your patio areas when I saw this resource today: Wicker Set (furniture) by Garnet.

Yeah, I love that wicker set! It looks just like one my Grandmother had in her breezeway we used to sit in waiting for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners to be cooked.

Garnet (Flintone on Nexus) is a spectacular modder, he is the one that made that Awesome Ayleid palace in the sky "Theryon" that I used as Malan's lair in my story.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #118

Councilor
Group Icon

If anyone else wants to try making a Build-Your-Own home, I've been writing up the process as I built Ilinalta Den.

Get your cheat sheet here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 22 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #119

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 22 2015, 11:31 AM) *

If anyone else wants to try making a Build-Your-Own home, I've been writing up the process as I built Ilinalta Den.

Get your cheat sheet here.

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for posting this!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2015, 06:12 PM
Post #120

Councilor
Group Icon

Note that it will get updated whenever I think of anything else, so just keep the link, rather than downloading the page. Some of it may need correcting! laugh.gif

I just added a note about adding items and the need to start a new game for testing. And updated it again to fix typo's, thus making some new ones, ... tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:14 PM