Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shooting guns for fun
SubRosa
post Jul 31 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #1181

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jul 30 2018, 09:52 PM) *

I wouldn't mind finding this relic Webley Fosbury.

Wow, that is old school. I would just assume that anyone with that pistol was a British officer!

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 31 2018, 04:53 AM) *

I wouldn't mind switching to a .308 hunting rifle but the shop is two hours away and the license two months away so meh.

How to adjust iron sights

When I got my .22 levergun I didn't need to adjust windage at all, it was spot on. And elevation can be changed on the fly due to the buckhorn design smile.gif

I just did it the old-fashioned way. I took a shot, saw where it hit, and moved the sight over, until I was hitting the center.

I saw yesterday that there are these new-fangled laser pointers that are shaped as a cartridge. You load it in your gun the same as a regular round, and it shows you where it is going to hit. Then you just adjust your sight to match. Obviously you don't want to fire it. I saw a lot of people say you have to be really gentle with sliding the bolt home on it, because they are delicate. I think your mileage varies with the brands too. But it is a cool idea. You can sight in without firing a shot.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jul 31 2018, 05:20 PM
Post #1182

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 31 2018, 10:56 AM) *

Wow, that is old school. I would just assume that anyone with that pistol was a British officer!

Actually the Webley-Fosbery was a British Officer's revolver, it was also in the movie Zardoz with Sean Connery.

--------------------
Where's Senpai?!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 1 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #1183

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 31 2018, 05:56 PM) *

I saw yesterday that there are these new-fangled laser pointers that are shaped as a cartridge. You load it in your gun the same as a regular round, and it shows you where it is going to hit. Then you just adjust your sight to match. Obviously you don't want to fire it. I saw a lot of people say you have to be really gentle with sliding the bolt home on it, because they are delicate. I think your mileage varies with the brands too. But it is a cool idea. You can sight in without firing a shot.

I saw these things many months ago too and yeah, pretty cool idea. Think they are spensive though.

--------------------
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

Future Exceed (LIVE)
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 10 2018, 05:10 PM
Post #1184

Ancient
Group Icon

I took my .556 Sig Sauer out today, and I think I had my best day ever. That is 40 rounds in that pic. I shot 80 total. My shoulder only has a slight orange spot, where 80 rounds of .308 gave me a big red spot.

It felt a lot easier to shoot the lighter rounds too. I think going back to the 'normal' style of shooting with my left hand just in front of the action helped a lot. As opposed to the C-Clamp style I was trying before - with left arm fully extended and finger pointed at the target. My arm did not get nearly as tired the old way, and I think that is what gave me the better accuracy this time out. It was definitely a lot easier keeping it on the bullseye.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 10 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #1185

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2018, 11:10 AM) *

I took my .556 Sig Sauer out today, and I think I had my best day ever. That is 40 rounds in that pic. I shot 80 total. My shoulder only has a slight orange spot, where 80 rounds of .308 gave me a big red spot.

It felt a lot easier to shoot the lighter rounds too. I think going back to the 'normal' style of shooting with my left hand just in front of the action helped a lot. As opposed to the C-Clamp style I was trying before - with left arm fully extended and finger pointed at the target. My arm did not get nearly as tired the old way, and I think that is what gave me the better accuracy this time out. It was definitely a lot easier keeping it on the bullseye.

Seems like a really inefficient way to make one big hole. tongue.gif

Khajiit only joking, nice shooting!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 10 2018, 07:20 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Post #1186

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't think I could shoot well if I had my left hand right in front of the action. I need it further out so I can pull the gun harder towards my shoulder and stabilize it, be it a .30-06 or a .22LR. But to each their own, the important thing is to get snassy groupings such as that biggrin.gif

--------------------
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

Future Exceed (LIVE)
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Post #1187

Ancient
Group Icon

I meant this shooting stance, which I think is pretty standard. With my Sig, I don't really have many options, since the handguard only goes halfway up the barrel (like the one that guy has in that pic). Though now that I look for pictures, I am seeing a lot of others. One with people holding the front of the magazine with their left hand, instead of gripping the barrel.

--------------------
+Quote Post

60 Pages V « < 58 59 60
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2018 - 10:27 PM