78 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The gun thread
mirocu
post Dec 14 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #61

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Havenīt gotten the license yet but I decided in the meantime to organize my gun cabinet. As it was there was no way I could fit another gun into it. Itīs not a big cabinet but it now has to host four guns, three lockboxes with precious metals and quite a few boxes of ammo. Not to mention a bunch of paper work with sensitive information. Itīs filled to the brim but thankfully my skills as a Tetris player finally came in handy! laugh.gif

As it happened, I can now actually fit two more guns in the cabinet and not just one more. Hmmm.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 15 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 14 2015, 02:58 PM) *

Havenīt gotten the license yet but I decided in the meantime to organize my gun cabinet. As it was there was no way I could fit another gun into it. Itīs not a big cabinet but it now has to host four guns, three lockboxes with precious metals and quite a few boxes of ammo. Not to mention a bunch of paper work with sensitive information. Itīs filled to the brim but thankfully my skills as a Tetris player finally came in handy! laugh.gif

As it happened, I can now actually fit two more guns in the cabinet and not just one more. Hmmm.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

While you slept, I sneaked into your gun cabinet and swapped out all your guns for toy replicas. The real guns are buried somewhere on your property, and I have removed the key to your cute yellow 'Cavator. The key is hidden in the belly of a fish in that nearby lake...etc.

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 15 2015, 08:10 AM
Post #63

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 15 2015, 01:01 AM) *

While you slept, I sneaked into your gun cabinet and swapped out all your guns for toy replicas. The real guns are buried somewhere on your property, and I have removed the key to your cute yellow 'Cavator. The key is hidden in the belly of a fish in that nearby lake...etc.

laugh.gif

You just turned my Tetris game into a Zelda game: get this to get that to trade for this tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 15 2015, 08:26 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 15 2015, 02:10 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 15 2015, 01:01 AM) *

laugh.gif

You just turned my Tetris game into a Zelda game: get this to get that to trade for this tongue.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 23 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #65

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I see quite a few rifles these days that donīt have open sights on them because most end up putting scopes on anyway. Iīve done that on my .30-06 too but I still wouldīt want to be without open sights. Itīs like a car not having a stereo because people use their phones for music or a tool shed without a spade just because you have an excavator hehe.gif

I consider it standard equipment and I donīt want to be without it. If I see a gun I like but it has no sights on it then I just move on, even if I like the gun otherwise. Iīm not going to put a scope on my .22 because I want to go back to basics. Plus, I really liked holding the gun at the shop, it felt like the sights were made for me smile.gif

(Still no license in sight though and yes, pun intended wink.gif )

A video with hickok45 again. Here he showcases the Ruger New Vaquero and talks about cowboy shooting matches. Sounds like fun smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 23 2015, 12:59 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 23 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

I never heard of not putting sights on a gun before either, that would feel/look really strange.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 23 2015, 02:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Dec 24 2015, 11:22 AM
Post #67

Forum Bard
Group Icon

It's true, very few bolt action rifles come equipped with iron sights. It saves money for the companies who produce them because they don't have to make sure the sights are on point. This means the consumer will be responsible for buying the scope and sighting it in. There are exceptions, like many "scout" style bolt actions.

As a general rule, most modern semi automatic rifles do come equipped with some sort of iron sight but have an optional optics rail. Bottom budget rifles may not come with any sights at all, such as some of the rifles DPMS produces.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 27 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #68

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Time for a close-up of the 500 Smith&Wesson Magnum!

Are you ready, hickok? cool.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 28 2015, 05:53 PM
Post #69

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I promised myself to not bring in politics to this thread, but now I feel I have to.

EU wants to ban semi-automatic firearms and this unfortunately affect me up here. I have one semi-auto already and one on the way (hopefully) and not only is this idea plain stupid since itīll never affect illegally obtained firearms, itīs also against our very own laws. And whatīs next? Will they take my three-shot pumpaction shotgun because itīs considered high capacity? Will they take my over/under shotgun for being able to shoot two shots in rapid succession?

This is nothing but people control. The heaviest dictatorships in the world have done this in the past and we canīt have that. I want to be able to enjoy my firearms as the non-criminal citizen that I am.

There is a petition one can sign thatīs against this. Iīll link to it, but since most here are in the U.S itīs not relevant, and I donīt expect anyone to care too much about the affairs overseas. However I reckon itīs all connected and I understand politicians in America keep trying to ban your guns too. I just feel I have to do something and spreading this link is the least I can do, besides signing the petition of course which I have.

Here it is for anyone who wants to take a look

We may have a small discussion about this if wanted, but I donīt want to take focus away from the fun aspects of shooting. So lets try to not fill pages with this. Thank you smile.gif

Edit: Stop the assault weapons ban petition

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 3 2016, 10:48 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 2 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #70

Councilor
Group Icon

I went to the shooting range today. It was fun. There were some guys there trying out their new cannons, so the atmosphere was festive.

Mr. Grits had been there with the kids over the last few days, so when I got home we did some target comparisons. That was also fun, and everyone got that gleam in their eye while we were talking. I predict that the annual membership will pay for itself by the end of the month. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 3 2016, 10:53 AM
Post #71

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sounds like fun, Grits biggrin.gif

I donīt have my new range up so I donīt shoot at the moment and we donīt have any good public ones here either. Kinda funny since thereīs a lot of hunters and shooters around... We just donīt have the American shooting spirit here verysad.gif

What did you shoot with btw? smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 8 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #72

Spam Meister
Group Icon

YES!!!!!!!!

Today I got the license on the .22 Magnum!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 8 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 8 2016, 10:36 AM) *

YES!!!!!!!!

Today I got the license on the .22 Magnum!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Is that a pistol?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 8 2016, 04:56 PM
Post #74

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I wish. No, you see, Iīm apparently such a criminal that I simply cannot get a handgun no matter how many other firearms I already have wacko.gif

The license is for this gun

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 8 2016, 05:00 PM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 8 2016, 10:56 AM) *

I wish. No, you see, Iīm apparently such a criminal that I simply cannot get a handgun no matter how many other firearms I already have wacko.gif

The license is for this gun

IS THAT A SQUIRREL GUN?

*mALX turns green, grows to giant proportions, rips shirt off*

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 8 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #76

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh, calm down now. It could just as well be a crow gun tongue.gif

*hands new shirt with hand over eyes*

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 8 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #77

Paladin
Group Icon

Issuing replacement shirts and bras to mALX is Liz's job. That said, it is nice to see mirocu filling in during her absence. wink.gif

Mirocu, that sounds silly you can't get a license for a hand gun! I mean they are every bit as safe as a knee gun. And much safer than a chest gun or the deadly head gun. Oh. . . wait. . . *tucks blond ponytail back up under helmet*

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 8 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #78

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 8 2016, 05:20 PM) *

Issuing replacement shirts and bras to mALX is Liz's job. That said, it is nice to see mirocu filling in during her absence. wink.gif

Mirocu, that sounds silly you can't get a license for a hand gun! I mean they are every bit as safe as a knee gun. And much safer than a chest gun or the deadly head gun. Oh. . . wait. . . *tucks blond ponytail back up under helmet*

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 8 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #79

Master
Group Icon

Do we even have such thing as a political thread in this entire website? Just curious.

On topic, though, I wish my neighbors would mind their buisiness. I've heard some have a nasty habit of calling the officers. I do like the monkeys that hang outside my window at times. No lie here. I'd never shoot them.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 8 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #80

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 3 2016, 04:53 AM) *

Sounds like fun, Grits biggrin.gif

I donīt have my new range up so I donīt shoot at the moment and we donīt have any good public ones here either. Kinda funny since thereīs a lot of hunters and shooters around... We just donīt have the American shooting spirit here verysad.gif

What did you shoot with btw? smile.gif

Handguns. My spine is too bad for rifles any more. There's one I need some more practice with, and there's one that makes me feel like Annie Oakley. I mostly shot the latter. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

78 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:58 AM