Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO tips & tricks, Looking for help with ESO? This is the right thread for you!
mALX
post Mar 4 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #561

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 3 2017, 01:30 PM) *

So just in case anyone (like me) was still uncertain about how the Master Writs work, I found a quote from Jessica Folsom on the forums that confirms a few things about their droprate. Those being:
  • Only full motifs count for Equipment Writ drops. No partial chapters. (Which sucks cause I spent 75 vouchers to get the Ebony woodworking motifs on Hates) This explains why the drop rate for writs on the squad has been more or less the same.
  • Only Purple and Gold provisioning recipes increase drops for Master Provisioning Writs
  • Research seems to be far more important if it's a minor crafter or they focus on a single craft, as research and motif knowledge is "weighted very similarly". Meaning that it's much cheaper to learn several traits than buy a full motif. Again, explains my results.
  • Alchemy and Enchanting is based on discovered runes/effects, making them the easiest to get a max droprate.
Guess I'm researching past 6 traits on crafts each squad member isn't focused on! Good thing I have 2 Nirnhoned pieces of armor from the Craglorn questline.

(Okay, so maybe I'm not going all 9 traits on everything, since I'll most likely have everything I want by the time I finish research on that. I'm still going to do a bit more trait research than intended, though.)

Thank you for posting these; and the link. If I had to rely on the drop rate for Master Writs to get those crafting stations at Hunding House, we would probably only have 1.5 or less of them. I couldn't wait = combed the Guild Store shelves and bought most of the Master Writs to make sure those stations got up there in a timely manner.

The Master Writs are fun; but very frustrating if you are relying on them to furnish anything. Like someone said on that link you provided = don't want to still be furnishing your first house when Homestead's anniversary comes around next year.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 6 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #562

Mouth
Group Icon

Although I have been on the bountiful end of the RNG drop (to the point where I can say I've gotten almost 900 vouchers from drops alone), I have to say there are a lot of issues with the way Master Writs are implemented and I hope they end up fixing them.

For one, they seem to be heavily in favor of Blacksmithing, given how many vouchers those give in comparison to Clothier and Woodworking. Only Eolan and the Crafting Monkey have ever gotten over 100 at a time since the update dropped (they're currently sitting at 245 and 230, respectively). I realize this is supposed to be end-game for crafters that have mastered all crafts, traits and possibly motifs, but you'd think that all crafts would have an equal chance at giving big payoffs. I once again have to point out that according to the current system, Eolan is at a disadvantage due to incomplete motif knowledge. (Not that I'm complaining about my good luck...)

Speaking of motifs, what will happen when we inevitably get new ones? Will the droprates be reduced again to accommodate them? I guess one good thing we can look forward to is the upcoming Festival. So many motifs! At the very least gimped crafters will have a chance to catch up. (Also, if you haven't already, complete your Mercenary and Xivkyn motifs. They're relatively cheap, especially Mercenary).

I feel like the very first thing they should implement is voucher banking. I can't understand why they deliberately chose to keep them character-bound like AP. That would really reduce some of the frustration.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 6 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #563

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 6 2017, 05:20 AM) *

Although I have been on the bountiful end of the RNG drop (to the point where I can say I've gotten almost 900 vouchers from drops alone), I have to say there are a lot of issues with the way Master Writs are implemented and I hope they end up fixing them.

For one, they seem to be heavily in favor of Blacksmithing, given how many vouchers those give in comparison to Clothier and Woodworking. Only Eolan and the Crafting Monkey have ever gotten over 100 at a time since the update dropped (they're currently sitting at 245 and 230, respectively). I realize this is supposed to be end-game for crafters that have mastered all crafts, traits and possibly motifs, but you'd think that all crafts would have an equal chance at giving big payoffs. I once again have to point out that according to the current system, Eolan is at a disadvantage due to incomplete motif knowledge. (Not that I'm complaining about my good luck...)

Speaking of motifs, what will happen when we inevitably get new ones? Will the droprates be reduced again to accommodate them? I guess one good thing we can look forward to is the upcoming Festival. So many motifs! At the very least gimped crafters will have a chance to catch up. (Also, if you haven't already, complete your Mercenary and Xivkyn motifs. They're relatively cheap, especially Mercenary).

I feel like the very first thing they should implement is voucher banking. I can't understand why they deliberately chose to keep them character-bound like AP. That would really reduce some of the frustration.

That link you provided above said that they were going to be factoring all new sets into the system as long as they weren't exclusive Crown Store sets.

After you posted that, I went and looked at Misa and Bubba, my two main crafters. They each have SOME of many sets, but the only complete sets they have are the holiday event ones, and ones like "Barbaric" that came complete in one book; laugh.gif

I agree wholeheartedly with you that the Voucher count should either be bankable or at least go into your collections (be "Account-wide" ) - but thank goodness they made it so you could pass them via the bank to one character! That saved them a lot of angry emails, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 6 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #564

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 6 2017, 05:52 AM) *

That link you provided above said that they were going to be factoring all new sets into the system as long as they weren't exclusive Crown Store sets.

Oh, neat! I guess I should have kept reading instead of running off to the other thread that linked to it. I'm still considering changing the way I collect motifs from here on out.

The Crafting Monkey was created a year+ ago to be the universal crafter precisely for this reason, so I'm not sure if it's worth collecting partial motifs on the squad like I have been anymore, especially when writs are tradable. I always just got them on the squad for the sake of collecting them. Gathering 2.5 copies of every motif is so expensive and/or time-consuming I may just focus on the one crafter unless I have a surplus. Of course, this is about motifs split off into hard-to find chapters. Full motifs or dirt-cheap/commom motifs will still be completed across all characters. Then again the main reason I made sure to get the full Festival motifs on all characters was to make space. :V That makes...8? competed motifs minimum, with 9 on Jo'zira since I wanted him to have the full Dwemer motif back when it was the only one split off into chapters.

Welp, I've said it before, I don't play this game for fun, I play it for motifs. I'm going to be farming for Dwemer to complete Eolan and Hates' collection, and since I'm always running the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood dailies (when I remember to at least) those motifs are also on the "must complete" list on the squad. Everything else can go die in a fire. I'm not going to bother farming those motifs ever again. biggrin.gif (I still have nightmares about collecting Ancient Orc and Abah's Watch, and the pain of Yokudan and Draugr is still fresh)

Now more than ever the Crafting Monkey gets priority on motif knowledge. At least the Writ drop rate will increase with each motif added.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Mar 6 2017, 01:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 6 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #565

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 6 2017, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 6 2017, 05:52 AM) *

Oh, neat! I guess I should have kept reading instead of running off to the other thread that linked to it. I'm still considering changing the way I collect motifs from here on out.

The Crafting Monkey was created a year+ ago to be the universal crafter precisely for this reason, so I'm not sure if it's worth collecting partial motifs on the squad like I have been anymore, especially when writs are tradable. I always just got them on the squad for the sake of collecting them. Gathering 2.5 copies of every motif is so expensive and/or time-consuming I may just focus on the one crafter unless I have a surplus. Of course, this is about motifs split off into hard-to find chapters. Full motifs or dirt-cheap/commom motifs will still be completed across all characters. Then again the main reason I made sure to get the full Festival motifs on all characters was to make space. :V That makes...8? competed motifs minimum, with 9 on Jo'zira since I wanted him to have the full Dwemer motif back when it was the only one split off into chapters.

Welp, I've said it before, I don't play this game for fun, I play it for motifs. I'm going to be farming for Dwemer to complete Eolan and Hates' collection, and since I'm always running the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood dailies (when I remember to at least) those motifs are also on the "must complete" list on the squad. Everything else can go die in a fire. I'm not going to bother farming those motifs ever again. biggrin.gif (I still have nightmares about collecting Ancient Orc and Abah's Watch, and the pain of Yokudan and Draugr is still fresh)

Now more than ever the Crafting Monkey gets priority on motif knowledge. At least the Writ drop rate will increase with each motif added.

Yeah, in crafting I've got a hierarchy with my characters and who gets everything first (Misa). Once she has learned something, it gets handed down in a certain order to the others; then once all know it = any more copies get sold. (of course, some of the bank mules can't learn the motifs that require levels of expertise)

But what you said (about the expense of buying all those motifs) is why I decided on one master crafter for the group; but then made the mistake of trying to make the master crafter someone other than my main character.

All that passing back and forth; and having to buy all those motifs for Bubba that Misa already knew - bad mistake.

But unfortunately = I had already bought a huge BUNCH of motifs to have Bubba read, so once I realized how dumb this was - wasn't going to take those skills away from him.

(so now I have two full crafters).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 6 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #566

Councilor
Group Icon

From Jerric’s PS4 crew: Stays-Up-Late got a Blacksmithing Master Writ today that Jerric had to do for him – 251 vouchers. I am amazed by how uneven the voucher distribution is. I had already dismissed the idea of outfitting a large house with crafting stations due to getting writs that yield 2-6 vouchers, and now they could do it from a single writ. What the heck.

Or... the Ebony book. Have to see how that looks first.

Seriously, I think something funny is going on with the Master Writ system.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 6 2017, 11:42 PM
Post #567

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 6 2017, 04:43 PM) *

From Jerric’s PS4 crew: Stays-Up-Late got a Blacksmithing Master Writ today that Jerric had to do for him – 251 vouchers. I am amazed by how uneven the voucher distribution is. I had already dismissed the idea of outfitting a large house with crafting stations due to getting writs that yield 2-6 vouchers, and now they could do it from a single writ. What the heck.

Or... the Ebony book. Have to see how that looks first.

Seriously, I think something funny is going on with the Master Writ system.

Ditto.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 4 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #568

Ancient
Group Icon

So besides the Akaviri one, which motif would you guys say is the most "Far Eastern-esque" for medium armor? Khajiit is leaning towards saying Orcish is.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 11 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #569

Paladin
Group Icon

Tip I just picked up from the official forums that I didn't know and wanted a place to note it so I don't forget:

Cool down for weapon damage enchantments is 4 seconds. It is 10 seconds for buff/debuff weapon enchantments. Infused as a trait cuts that cool down in half.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 11 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #570

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 11 2017, 09:23 AM) *

Tip I just picked up from the official forums that I didn't know and wanted a place to note it so I don't forget:

Cool down for weapon damage enchantments is 4 seconds. It is 10 seconds for buff/debuff weapon enchantments. Infused as a trait cuts that cool down in half.

Khajiit likes the infused trait in general. This one puts it on like every piece of gear so he can get extra bonus from his stat boosts.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #571

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 11 2017, 10:23 AM) *

Yes, it is one of the reasons I like infused sometimes over sharpened or precise (not to mention the higher enchantment levels) - but there is a way to get around that cooldown with your rotations and switching bars (which also works if you use poisons = switch bars within the cooldown period, then switch back again to almost completely cancel out the cooldown)

It works kind of like the animation canceling = doubles up the amount of damage you can do in the shortest period of time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 7 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #572

Ancient
Group Icon

Getting the Precursor: (the talking combat dummy)

To start the intro quest for the Precursor Maker you have to locate either Assistant Zanon's Workshop or activate the quest via the notice board, north of the bank inside the Brass Fortress.

After doing the intro quest to find the Integral of Memory, the Precursor will give you a random clue to locate one of his missing parts. These clues are extremely vague, often just pointing to a specific zone, but can be helpful if
you are stuck. The clues for the three Integral collectibles in Clockwork City are a bit more specific, though.

Every single collectible piece found in Tamriel is inside a Dwemer delve, found in the main game (i.e. no other DLCs are required], and there can be several per zone, depending on the number of Dwemer delves available.

Two of the collectibles require quests to access, those being the Dynamo (Buried Secrets) and the Integral of Reason (Lost in the Gloam).

It is possible to collect all the parts before picking up the quest, and does save you a lot of time (if you know where they are) compared to constantly going back and forth to install parts.

Compared to previous collectible achievements this one right behind Ancestral Tombs Hunter in terms of difficulty, but still nowhere near as hard as Litany of Blood.

1 - Left arm - Yldzuun (Alik'r)

2 - Right arm - Klathzgar (Bangkorai)

3 - Left leg - Avanchnzel (The Rift)

4 - Right leg - Santaki (Alik'r)

5 - Pelvis - Lower Bthanual (Deshaan)

6 - Chestpiece - Aldunz (Alik'r)

7 - Spine - Mzulft (Eastmarch)

8 - Left hand - Inner Sea Armature (Stonefalls)

9 - Right hand - Mzithumz (Deshaan)

10 - Dynamo core - Bthzark (Stros M'kai) - Requires "Buried Secrets" quest, which is acquireable both outside and inside the delve

11 - Integral of calculus - Mechanical Fundament (Clockwork City)

12 - Integral of introspection - Near the Ventral Terminus (Clockwork City)

13 - Integral of reason - Machine District (Clockwork City) - Requires "Lost

in the Gloam" quest, which is the 5th main story quest

14 - Nullification staff - Bthanual (Deshaan)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...vement-guide/p1

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 7 2017, 09:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 7 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #573

Ancient
Group Icon

Does anyone know what armor style this belongs to:
https://i.imgur.com/d0AF4p1.jpg

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 7 2017, 06:39 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 7 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #574

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2017, 12:38 PM) *

Well, if it has hourglasses on it, maybe "Order of the Hour?"

(guessing)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 7 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #575

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 7 2017, 03:52 PM) *

(guessing)

Lol, no the Hour glass is an item on the shelf behind her.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Nov 7 2017, 11:39 PM
Post #576

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2017, 11:38 AM) *

Looks like Light Xivkyn style.

Also, Eolan got the Precursor a while back. Kind of a doozy finding all the parts, mostly because of the dungeon crawls on the surface. Haven't installed him yet, tho.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 8 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #577

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Nov 7 2017, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2017, 11:38 AM) *

Looks like Light Xivkyn style.

Yeah Khajiit looked it up and you were correct.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2017, 12:28 AM
Post #578

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2017, 05:22 PM) *

(guessing)

rollinglaugh.gif OOPS!!!! embarrased.gif

*mALX hurriedly cleans glasses...*

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 8 2017, 01:00 AM
Post #579

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 7 2017, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 7 2017, 05:22 PM) *

(guessing)

rollinglaugh.gif OOPS!!!! embarrased.gif

*mALX hurriedly cleans glasses...*

Lol, it's ok!

So question: you can't craft gear past CP160 but can you find gear that is beyond that lvl?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 8 2017, 01:03 AM
Post #580

Paladin
Group Icon

Nope. CP160 is as high as there is.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

44 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:00 AM