Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Skyrim.
Renee
post Oct 2 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #781

Councilor
Group Icon

So I'm gaming with Claire Voyance and she's in Winterhold, trying to get a better spell or two from this new NPC who works at the College (mod). Claire finds this woman, buys a spell, and she's outta there. It was the quickest College-joining I've ever done, because usually my characters have had to at least participate in the initial stages of Sarthaal to get some better spells from the mages who go there.

Later on Claire is walking out in the lower part of Winterhold, and this "Student" comes up to her and says he wants to learn how ward spells work, so Claire taught got to show him how this is done. Never seen this guy before. It's basically a repeat of the ward demonstration Tolfdir wants us to do as we're in that first quest, but I've never had this random student come up and ask for this.

He was vanilla too. Same voice as Marcurio.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 2 2015, 12:06 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 2 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #782

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat. I think I may have gotten that request for Ward schoolin' with one of my characters. I tend to get the mage demanding a duel to the death more often!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Oct 2 2015, 08:20 AM
Post #783

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, I get the 'duel to the death' guy all the time too. I usually get the student sometime after I've finished getting the books back from Fellglow Keep. A few times I've gotten caught in a bug that makes the student continue casting firebolts at you long after your magic well has run dry. I've had to kill him several times on various playthroughs just to make him stop! Now I don't even ask: I just treat them the same and shoot first. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 4 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #784

Councilor
Group Icon

Three new things in a row, today...

1). Serana's eyes glow on PC, glow in the dark, that is. They don't do this on consoles, at least not that I remember. I haven't added any mods to Serana or Dawnguard specifically, so this seems to be vanilla.

2). Serana can resist Healing Hands, when Claire tries to heal her up!

3). Dangit I forget #3. It'll come to me, though

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 4 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #785

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 4 2015, 02:02 PM) *

Three new things in a row, today...

1). Serana's eyes glow on PC, glow in the dark, that is. They don't do this on consoles, at least not that I remember. I haven't added any mods to Serana or Dawnguard specifically, so this seems to be vanilla.

2). Serana can resist Healing Hands, when Claire tries to heal her up!

3). Dangit I forget #3. It'll come to me, though

Bold = laugh.gif

2. That is so strange, why wouldn't she want to be healed?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 4 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #786

Ancient
Group Icon

Claire probably needs to use the Necromantic Healing spell on Serana. She is supposed to be a vampire after all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 4 2015, 09:46 PM
Post #787

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 4 2015, 04:41 PM) *

Claire probably needs to use the Necromantic Healing spell on Serana. She is supposed to be a vampire after all.

Resurrection? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 4 2015, 11:13 PM
Post #788

Ancient
Group Icon

I discovered something new in Persephone's game today. Whenever you mine an ore deposit, it adds 1 to your list of ingredients harvested. Persephone does not use any alchemy at all, so she never harvests any ingredients from plants and the like. So I could not figure out how I had over 20 ingredients harvested listed in her Crafting stats. It took a while, but I figured it out while I was playing today, and I noticed it going up every time I mined an ore deposit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 9 2015, 01:30 AM
Post #789

Councilor
Group Icon

Huh, that’s funny about the ingredients harvested. I’ve seen a number under Potions Made on characters who have never mixed a potion. I wonder if it’s counting food as potions?

Also I’ve been checking my Chests Looted stat and noticed that all containers looted add to that figure, even sacks and barrels. I wonder if that’s just my game.

Renee, I had a new thing too and it’s gone right out of my head. wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 9 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #790

Councilor
Group Icon

I checked in my treasure hunter’s game, and it seems that when she makes food it counts as potions. She has never mixed a single potion, so her 300-some “Potions Made” must be food items. She’s hungry! laugh.gif

I remembered the new thing! Three Hired Thugs attacked my character without the warning dialog. Turns out they were hired to avenge the (accidental) death of a loved one. Then funnily enough the third thug was non-hostile and followed for a while until getting killed by frostbite spiders near Morthal. huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 9 2015, 10:08 PM
Post #791

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 8 2015, 08:30 PM) *

Renee, I had a new thing too and it’s gone right out of my head. wacko.gif

It's because we're right in the middle of gaming, totally immerrrrrssed, and so it's hard to bring those moments to these forums.

Whoa, so one of those thugs showed up but did not attack? Weird. I've seen that happen before with bandits. In Lord Haaf-Mersey's game, there were a couple times bandits would not attack him, even as he looted their precious hideouts.

Yeah, that is weird about "harvesting" ores. Interesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 9 2015, 10:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 14 2015, 10:45 PM
Post #792

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s something I’ve never heard before. Kjeld of Kynesgrove hitting on my character: “My wife is a good woman, but every man needs a little variety, you know?” huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 15 2015, 12:29 AM
Post #793

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa wow holy [censored]. Do you use that mod which makes rare sayings from NPCs more common? There's supposed to be a mod which does this. If not, that must be super-rare to hear that eh?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2015, 02:38 AM
Post #794

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 14 2015, 05:45 PM) *

Here’s something I’ve never heard before. Kjeld of Kynesgrove hitting on my character: “My wife is a good woman, but every man needs a little variety, you know?” huh.gif

laugh.gif He also calls his children "brats," lol. Not a real catch, rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 20 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #795

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, Kjeld is so obnoxious I can’t imagine him turning anyone’s head. He seems to have quite the extramarital love life, though, at least according to his dialog with Roggi.

I put a screenshot of this somewhere, but I thought I’d mention it here too. There’s a captive spriggan in Snapleg Cave that you can release and she will be friendly. If she survives the cave she will run outside and make her way to the Eldergleam Sanctuary! So far she has not entered the sanctuary and has stayed friendly. It’s very neat!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 20 2015, 02:27 PM
Post #796

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, that does sound rather neat. Spriggan freak me out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 20 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #797

Councilor
Group Icon

I've released the spriggan a few times, but she's always out of sight when the player character leaves the cave. How did you manage to follow her?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 20 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #798

Councilor
Group Icon

Julia let her out after she was completely finished ransacking the cave, and she followed the spriggan straight to the exit because she did not remember which way it was. (Julia is directionally challenged.) Then she watched the spriggan run off while she fiddled with her horse, but Julia caught up when the spriggan paused to fight some critter, I don’t remember what it was. At the fork in the road the spriggan went down the road to the left while Julia went down and to the right, so she didn’t stay with the spriggan the whole time even though I really wanted her to! Julia does not cooperate. She just found her again when she went past the sanctuary cutting through the volcanic tundra.

I wonder if that spriggan has a new AI package courtesy of the uesp? She must be different from the regular ones to stay non-hostile, which would explain why she doesn’t go inside with the sanctuary spriggans and why she fought the road critter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 20 2015, 04:22 PM
Post #799

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy just cleared Snapleg Cave yesterday. She killed all the baddies in there first so no harm would come to the spriggan, then freed her. The sprig ran toward the exit and stopped by a blocked area where Buffy pulled the pull chain to open the passage. Then the sprig continued for the exit. Buffy ran after her and I think saw her actually exit the cave. Buffy exited right after but didn't see her. Lighting up the area with her custom 'detect any freaking thing bigger than a butterfly that can move' spell, she still couldn't find the sprig.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 20 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #800

Councilor
Group Icon

How strange. Dar-Ma just ducked into Snapleg Cave and cleared it the same way Julia did, but she lost sight of the spriggan at the exit just like everyone else. Hmm. I have to think there’s an unknown mod involved, but since Julia had very few mods active due to the contest I am puzzled as to which.

I dug around a little in the USKP change notes looking for a possible fixed spriggan, and while I did not find her I did find a lot of fixed dialog and scenes that will sound new when I hear them. So that’s a future mystery solved. laugh.gif I did find a reference to the sprig in the wikia, which I usually don’t trust. However there’s a lot of info about that spriggan! I wonder how much of it is true.

That’s disappointing. Pretty much all of my characters would have loved to have a sprig pal to visit. Sorry, folks! If I can figure how she got out of the cave in Julia’s game I’ll come back and report.

--------------------
+Quote Post

45 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:00 AM