Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remember the morrowind, Did you miss Morrowind?
Fargoth
post May 28 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #1

Evoker

Did you miss Morrowind?

I do. Remember the Great House Redoran, House Hlaalu, Imperial Legion, more skills, Caius Cosades....

I REALY miss Morrowind. sad.gif

--------------------
Not often on the forums anymore.. Last time I've been here was about 3 months ago...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 28 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Haven't you payed ANY attention to other threads?

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Kayla
post May 28 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Agent

Yeah. I miss Morrowind. But, I still play it... ALOT.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post May 28 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

Heh, I like morrowind more than oblivion. So I play morrowind.

Oblivion has nice graphics and music. But morrowind has a lot of culture. Im not gonna go on and on about it though. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
softwhisper
post May 28 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #5

Evoker

i miss the expansive nature of morrowind, which is lacking in oblivion. and also the fact that i never felt like much of a hero in TES:IV, more like a constant lackey. It's frustrating to have completed the main quest, and have a huge fame from that and other stuff, yet the fighter's guild orc still talks down to you. not very realistic. when you talked to people in morrowind after completing the the main quest, they stuttered and stammered and got nervous. i realise that because all the characters have voice actor dialogue, that sort of thing might be difficult.

well, they do say "any friend of martin's is a friend of mine", etc. but because of the deus ex machina, they don't say, "gee, you're awesome, i'm kinda afraid of you"

so yes, i miss morrowind, in fact, think i'll load it up now.

--------------------

~ toodles
+Quote Post
Fargoth
post May 28 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #6

Evoker

Me too!!!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
Not often on the forums anymore.. Last time I've been here was about 3 months ago...
+Quote Post
Bofra
post May 28 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Yep, I kind of regret getting rid of MW fully modded (with more than 200 mods) just to leave space for Oblivion believing Oblivion would kick Morrowinds boat.. Too bad it didn't. kvright.gif

As you all say, I miss the culture, the immersiveness, the atmosphere, the hero-feeling... I still hope expansions and mods will remedy some of that for oblivion, because I'm a graphics and mods freak and oblivion runs much smother than morrowind on my PC because of MW:s bad engine and tons of giant mods.. But even I, a great optimist, don't think it will reach MW:s greatness..

I think I'll install it again soon enough..

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 28 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fargoth @ May 28 2006, 07:53 PM)
I REALY miss Morrowind.  sad.gif

Well, why don't you install it again?
I did......

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
1234king
post May 28 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

i have it on my xbox and i still play every once a while. maybe like a few hours a week still. so i can't really say i miss morrowind because i still play it.tongue.gif

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Fargoth
post May 29 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #10

Evoker

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 28 2006, 11:17 PM)
Well, why don't you install it again?
I did......

I gave the CD to my friend and i don't think I meet him very soon, so I will download MW.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 29 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

I am still modding for Morrowind. For me, Oblivion runs too slowly with my graphicws card and the way I've got my hard drive divided between w98 for my older games and w2k for the modern ones, I cannot expand the .bsa file for Oblivion's data files & keep all the MMORPG games I want to play.

So, since I like the Morrowind TESCS better than the Oblivion one and I like to retexture ... I am still making Morrowind mods. It can always be interesting to play Morrowind. I still have alot of the old popular mods too. What ones are you missing the most, Bofra? I might have them ... could email you the zip.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Bofra
post May 29 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 29 2006, 09:22 AM)
... I am still making Morrowind mods. It can always be interesting to play Morrowind. I still have alot of the old popular mods too. What ones are you missing the most, Bofra? I might have them ... could email you the zip.

I have a lot of the popular mods aswell, all nicelly categorized in folders. It's only the fact that I'll have to install them all over again that is bothering.. You know all this compatibilty stuff, leveled list merging, dialogue conflics, etc, etc..

But you know, it's really sad that Tes Summit died (or became that lousy planet elder scrolls), it was the best MW-mod site I knew off and many mods died with it. Now it's actually hard to find some mods at all.

But thanks anyway, I'll remember your offer and in case I find that I'm missing an essential mod I'll ask you, and you're welcome to do the same. smile.gif

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 29 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I miss the story line, not just the final result but the whole house leader and then the ashlander tribes, and all that. The oblivion main quest, in my humble opinion, sucked.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 29 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fargoth @ May 29 2006, 10:11 AM)
I gave the CD to my friend and i don't think I meet him very soon, so I will download MW.

You mean Direct2Drive?
QUOTE(Ibis @ May 29 2006, 10:22 AM)
So, since I like the Morrowind TESCS better than the Oblivion one and I like to retexture ... I am still making Morrowind mods. It can always be interesting to play Morrowind. I still have alot of the old popular mods too.

I'm still waiting for that Cliffracer Contest mod.
QUOTE(DoomedOne @ May 29 2006, 11:56 AM)
The oblivion main quest, in my humble opinion, sucked.

True. I mean, the last scene was pretty cool, but the quest itself sucked hard. Ugh, vanilla Oblivion..

EDIT:
For those who would like to see MW with Oblivion grapgics, here's an intresting link. smile.gif

This post has been edited by HyPN0: May 29 2006, 02:45 PM

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post May 29 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #15

Agent

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 29 2006, 03:43 PM)
For those who would like to see MW with Oblivion grapgics, here's an intresting link. smile.gif

o_O
Are those guys serious? This really isn't a small projekt they got there...

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
+Quote Post
Bofra
post May 29 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fethenwen @ May 29 2006, 03:00 PM)
o_O

I think they are.. They have done quite remarkable work on MW-mods so I trust they can make Vvardenfel possible. However, I wonder how they are going to work with scale.. I mean Cyrodiil was apparently made smaller for Oblivion thus making Vvardenfell impossible to fit if it's going to be the exact same size as it was in MW.

However, the part most of us miss from MW isn't the actual landmass or architecture, but the immersiveness, the culture, the factions. That will be a lot harder to mod than just the actual Morrowind island with it's surrounding land.

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

+Quote Post
Olav
post May 29 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fethenwen @ May 29 2006, 04:00 PM)
o_O

Well I must admit I'm not convinced, although I have never tried any of their mods for Morrowind (or any other mods for Morrowind for that matter).

Their front page says "When the game comes out in a few months...", and last update to the site was March 16, if that date is correct. Progress says they are still in planning stage, and no screenshots released(?).

I'd truly love to see this happening, but I'm not holding my breath.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Kiln
post May 29 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #18

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I actually have faith in the morrowind rebuilt project...they have some very talented people working on that project.

If it ever is released, which I'm hoping for alot...I'm hoping the quests are at least half as cool as they were in Morrowind, the add-on takes place several years after Morrowind...alot should be changed within the great houses and guilds...should be interesting.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 29 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 29 2006, 05:21 PM)
Their front page says "When the game comes out in a few months...", and last update to the site was March 16, if that date is correct. Progress says they are still in planning stage, and no screenshots released(?).

Aye, that is a bit concerning kvright.gif
Still, Kukulza (project leader) can be found posting on silgrad forums. So, go figure wacko.gif

QUOTE(Kiln @ May 29 2006, 06:11 PM)
If it ever is released, which I'm hoping for alot...I'm hoping the quests are at least half as cool as they were in Morrowind, the add-on takes place several years after Morrowind...alot should be changed within the great houses and guilds...should be interesting.

As long as they do the landmasses and arhitecture properly, the project is sucessful. Cool quests, guilds, and many more can later be added by them, or posibly another modder. You will actualy get some cool textures and meshes, so you can mod something yourself biggrin.gif

As long as I get that old MW feeling, I will be happy wub.gif

P.S.
I don't know how will they solve the voice-acting though. Could be tricky kvright.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
softwhisper
post May 29 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #20

Evoker

just takes one person with studio software to volunteer themselves and some of their friends to take care of the voice acting. a friend of mine has a full studio suite on his comp and lets people record bass lines and guitar solos all the time. of course, now that i've moved, he's five hours away...

but recording isn't really as big a problem as it seems. you won't get patrick stewart, but if it's done well, it should be okay.

This post has been edited by softwhisper: May 29 2006, 09:19 PM

--------------------

~ toodles
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:19 AM