> Say, Look What I Found, Keeping up to date with mods for Oblivion
Decrepit
post Jun 17 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #61

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 5 2017, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Apr 27 2017, 04:02 PM) *

A newly posted YouTube video (not mine) showcasing 2017 modded Oblivion graphics, utilizing many of the graphics mods from the Nexus List linked several posts above. It's limited to a walk through the woods, but boy o boy is it impressive! Graphics are to die for, which is what my increasingly ancient PC would do should I attempt to install the lot of them. Makes me yearn all the more to assemble a shiny new computer. A word of warning. For understandable reasons this video offers only 720p and higher resolutions. Those with slowish connections might experience periodic pauses. My DSL connection certainly does. Worth it though.

Beautiful, but boy what a reminder of how that camera angle was messed up in first person outdoors in Oblivion! It is hard to imagine why they thought the camera should be in the grass when you were walking outdoors, was it attached to your feet? But yeah, before ESO it was the most gorgeous game I had ever seen.

I can't for the life of me recall the first-person oddness you describe. But then my entire second play-through was/is almost entirely third-person. Had I continued making YouTube vids back in '14 I would have needed to mix in more first-person. I found noticed several instances where, viewing purely as an audience member rather an a participant, third-person didn't quite cut it. Speaking of first person, I believe there's at least one mod that lets our avatars see their bodies when looking down. If of decent quality I might add it to my experimental install.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 17 2017, 06:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 5 2017, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Apr 27 2017, 04:02 PM) *

A newly posted YouTube video (not mine) showcasing 2017 modded Oblivion graphics, utilizing many of the graphics mods from the Nexus List linked several posts above. It's limited to a walk through the woods, but boy o boy is it impressive! Graphics are to die for, which is what my increasingly ancient PC would do should I attempt to install the lot of them. Makes me yearn all the more to assemble a shiny new computer. A word of warning. For understandable reasons this video offers only 720p and higher resolutions. Those with slowish connections might experience periodic pauses. My DSL connection certainly does. Worth it though.

Beautiful, but boy what a reminder of how that camera angle was messed up in first person outdoors in Oblivion! It is hard to imagine why they thought the camera should be in the grass when you were walking outdoors, was it attached to your feet? But yeah, before ESO it was the most gorgeous game I had ever seen.

I can't for the life of me recall the first-person oddness you describe. But then my entire second play-through was/is almost entirely third-person. Had I continued making YouTube vids back in '14 I would have needed to mix in more first-person. I found noticed several instances where, viewing purely as an audience member rather an a participant, third-person didn't quite cut it. Speaking of first person, I believe there's at least one mod that lets our avatars see their bodies when looking down. If of decent quality I might add it to my experimental install.

That "grass view" camera is the whole reason I started playing in 3rd person while out in the world. Ooh, that mod sounds Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 16 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #63

Knower
Group Icon

Gotta mention one not previously aware of mod added to my experimental Oblivion install, Kaizits New Animations for NPC and Player?. I got it to replace Talk With Your Hands, a staple of my second play-through. It does that, in spades! Adds a lot of immersion to the game, imo. Snapped this view of a shopper in the IC Market District, but you will find many more images at the mods Nexus page. Seems perfectly stable in my load order. An easy recommendation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Oct 10 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #64

Agent

Wow, that looks like a great find, Decrepit. (Like you, I've always used Talk With Your Hands - which also has the spin-off that the widened fov means I don't mind the vanilla faces at all. Actually I quite like them, but admittedly not when they're too in your face.)

Only problem is that the readme here suggests that the mod only works in 3rd person - not my thing. But the pix look 1st person. A tad confusing, but maybe I'll try it anyway.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 10 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

I believe what is meant is that the PC will only play the animations in third person. An NPC is always in that mode (or are they the second person?)

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post
tegeus-Cromis
post Oct 10 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #66

Agent

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 10 2017, 05:32 PM) *

I believe what is meant is that the PC will only play the animations in third person. An NPC is always in that mode (or are they the second person?)

Thanks, I should have thought of that. Though I think it was a bit ambiguous. And they'd only be 2nd person if you were directly addressing them. Hmm, or... [Unfortunately, you've now made me start thinking about the implications of '2nd person mode'. I think I feel a migraine coming on...]

This post has been edited by tegeus-Cromis: Oct 10 2017, 11:19 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 15 2017, 07:39 PM) *

Gotta mention one not previously aware of mod added to my experimental Oblivion install, Kaizits New Animations for NPC and Player?. I got it to replace Talk With Your Hands, a staple of my second play-through. It does that, in spades! Adds a lot of immersion to the game, imo. Snapped this view of a shopper in the IC Market District, but you will find many more images at the mods Nexus page. Seems perfectly stable in my load order. An easy recommendation.

If they don't overdo it by sticking something in every NPC's hands, then I love the idea of this mod; and most of the animations look well done in the images! Great find, Decrepit!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 11 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(tegeus-Cromis @ Oct 10 2017, 06:19 PM) *

[Unfortunately, you've now made me start thinking about the implications of '2nd person mode'. I think I feel a migraine coming on...]

But in second person mode, that's his problem, not yours. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2017 - 10:57 PM