13 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
Lopov
post Aug 31 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #221

Master
Group Icon

@Renee - I'd say that from the DnD alignment system, Rattler was Chaotic Evil, Deeno was Neutral Evil and Vinnie is Lawful Evil. I guess that makes him the less evil of the three indeed.

---

It felt to Vinnie like someone threw a stone in his head and his perspective of things around him completely changed. This doesn't mean that Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra had a change of heart, not at all. But it dawned on him that he was a puppet in Porter Gage's hands, who was conveniently telling him what to do to fulfill his own goals. Sure, Vinnie might have some benefit from Gage's plans in the long run, but he wondered what'd happen if he didn't listen to his advices. Would Gage betray him like he betrayed the previous overboss? Maybe si, maybe no. In the end it didn't really matter, because after conquering the last park, Vinnie realized that his own ideas won't be listened to at all - Porter Gage envisioned the future of Nuka-World and all gang leaders were ready to back him up. They needed someone as capable as Vinnie that'd take over the parks for them, and while Vinnie would have the title of the Overboss, it would be Porter Gage, running strings from behind the curtain, following his and his ideas only.

Well no more. Porter Gage laid dead at Vinnie's feet, a 44 bullet decorating the back of his head. As soon as the shot was fired, Vinnie saw some members of the Pack not far from the helipad, where Gage met his death, hurry back to Nuka-World, to spread important news to their leaders. Vinnie didn't have the slightest doubt, that raiders of Nuka-World would now shoot him on sight. They all listened to Porter Gage months before he betrayed the previous Overboss, and they surely won't be delighted as they'll hear of his murder. But Vinnie "Slugger" Sinistra was ready to face them all, even if that'll be the last thing he'll achieve in his life.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 1 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #222

Councilor
Group Icon

Uh oh. blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 1 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #223

Ancient
Group Icon

I would argue that Lawful Evil is no less evil than Chaotic. It just means the character has a sense of ethics which they adhere to. Those ethics do not have to be nice. I see one place says: He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules but without mercy or compassion.

So think SS Death Camp guards.

Time for Vinnie to do what all my characters start out with: killing all the raiders. At least he (and you), go to experience the dlc the way I believe they intended you to play it, from the raider side. I never have done it that way. Loviatar is probably my only character who would ever consider it. Though she still might eat all the raiders in the end.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 4 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #224

Councilor
Group Icon

Sure, I see your point. Chaotic is closer to being mindless, Lawful closer to being premeditated, when it comes to dastardly deeds. That, to me, is one of the main differences between Lawful and Chaotic.

I'd still feel safer (overall) around Igodah (LE) than Mycharonna (CE). Igodah would only kill me if she's been contracted to do so, unless I purposely make her mad enough. With Mycharonna, there doesn't have to be a reason! ph34r.gif Even though I am the one who used to game with Mych, a lot of times I don't even know why she does some of the things she does. indifferent.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 4 2019, 02:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 13 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #225

Master
Group Icon

The Hobo avoided most contacts with other beings like himself, but when he heard sobbing coming from behind a large tree, he checked who was behind these sad sounds.

A young girl was lying on the floor. Whoever hurt her, hurt her badly. What the Hobo was hearing, were probably her last sobs on this world.

"Please..." muttered the girl as she saw the bearded man lean above her. "Please...get those..." She coughed, spat some blood out, made a pause, then took a shallow breath. "There were four of them...they travel with a dog. Get them...they can't be far." The Hobo took a stimpak from his backpack and wanted to inject it into the girl's thigh, but she shook his hand off. "No...don't. It won't help. Just...just get them. Will you?" She coughed and spat more blood.

The Hobo said nothing.

Then he nodded.

"Th...thank you."

Following the wild bunch wasn't difficult. Fresh footsteps in mud, cigarette butts, another victim - some wastelander. Looks like they let their dog "play" with him.

He caught up with them in the afternoon. The dog fell first, then one raider, then another. The last two were killed with a grenade.

The girl and the wastelander were avenged. Probably many more.

Looking on his PipBoy, the Hobo realized that he's now in some area called the Commonwealth. He'll stay here for a while.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 22 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #226

Councilor
Group Icon

Question is: how did he get all the way up there?

He is the most dangerous beggar the world has ever seen, that's for sure. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 22 2019, 05:52 PM
Post #227

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 22 2019, 05:18 PM) *
Question is: how did he get all the way up there?

He had ten in-game years to get from the Capital Wasteland to the Commonwealth, that should suffice, I guess.

He is the most dangerous beggar the world has ever seen, that's for sure. laugh.gif

Careful with the word "beggar" around the Hobo, he might get angry if called in such a way. ph34r.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 31 2019, 12:54 AM
Post #228

Ancient
Group Icon

January has time and space warped from Cyrodiil to 23rd century Boston. I have been working on some sort of ranged weapon for her, for those times when you just have to reach out and touch someone. I tried the Lightning Gun, but it is frankly crap. It just does not hurt anything, even after giving it double the damage of other guns. After spending a zillion hours working on it, I think I figured it out. There is an issue with the projectile it uses. It has a really short range. So I edited the projectile record and made it match that of a standard laser gun. Now it *seems* to be doing the damage it should.

However, Jan picked up a 4 crank laser musket today, and she really likes it for ultra long range work. I have never been thrilled with the musket, since you have to hand crank it after every shot. Which I always forget to do in a big fight. But we will see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 31 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #229

Master
Group Icon

I like muskets, although as you say, one can easily forget to crank it up. But they look great and they're rare, so seeing January with a musket would add to her uniqueness.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 31 2019, 10:28 PM
Post #230

Ancient
Group Icon

Sadly, the red color just does not work with January's style. I tried modding the muskets to create a receiver that fired a blue laser. But it still has red effects in the bolt, and in the gun itself. I could probably try to mod those to blue as well. But I don't really want to spend that much time. OTOH, the shock gun is finally working as it should, so Jan is going to stick with that.

In other news, she has to decide where to live. Sanctuary does not feel right with the others there now. She might try Red Rocket. Or the Cloverfield Bunker mod I once used for Hecate.

I am also thinking of maybe either Eli's trailer mod for Diamond City, or a modded apartment in Goodneighbor. She shies away from Diamond City because of the bigotry. But then again, that would be just like living anywhere else. Goodneighbor has that outcast Detroit feel to it, so that might be the ticket.

But I hate being in downtown Boston. The load times are excruciating. So I don't know.

I found a couple more Eli house mods for FO4. One is a bunker in Diamond City which I really liked. It even comes with a cat that wanders around inside. But it seems kind of redundant with her other Diamond City trailer mod. In fact, its entrance is right next to her trailer.

But it occurs to me that I could simply put the entrance to the bunker anywhere. The outside is just a storm cellar door. That is easy to move. So then the question is where? I like to have something near a merchant, for simplicity's sake. I could go with something near the Drumlin Diner. But a central location is nicer. Maybe something near Bunker Hill. Though that is close to the excruciating load times of Downtown. I could try putting it on the north side of BH. I did that with Victoria's boat, and it worked out ok.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 1 2020, 11:21 AM
Post #231

Master
Group Icon

Although Logan lives in Diamond City, I don't see any future character of mine to live there as well. It probably wouldn't fit Jan, but I like the place, where the local DJ lives, a small trailer, cramped but cozy.

Goodneighbor is a more interesting place to live overall, but if going for a more central location, isn't there a merchant north of the Bunker Hill, just over the river, close to the super mutant infested power plant?

EDIT: County Crossing is what I meant.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jan 1 2020, 11:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 1 2020, 05:13 PM
Post #232

Ancient
Group Icon

Late last night I was looking through the house mods I have created and came across Victoria's tug boat home. That turned out to be perfect. January moved in, and spent last night redecorating.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 2 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #233

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 1 2020, 10:13 AM) *

Late last night I was looking through the house mods I have created and came across Victoria's tug boat home. That turned out to be perfect. January moved in, and spent last night redecorating.

Pics!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 3 2020, 11:08 PM
Post #234

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 2 2020, 03:33 PM) *

Pics!

Or it didn't happen?

The outside is the same as when it was Victoria's boat. But I changed a lot of the interior, since Jan is a bit more privacy-minded.

I have not done much with the upper conning tower, putting in a desk and magazine spinners in back (Victoria had her bed and dresser back here)

The main floor still has the same crafting stations as before. I did change the kitchen bar to a diner type

Looking toward the front we can see the kitchen area on the right, with bar stools. Also a dining/living room table on the left.

January put up some walls in the front end to create a semi-private area

The bedroom area is on the left

The bathroom on the right

Finally, cat tax

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 4 2020, 11:16 AM
Post #235

Master
Group Icon

Very nice and very bright.

Did she snatch all those teddy bears from mirocu? laugh.gif

There's gotta be a cat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 4 2020, 02:05 PM
Post #236

Councilor
Group Icon

How lovely! I can just see this place listed on House Hunters. Does January need a roommate? biggrin.gif Kidding.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 4 2020, 02:59 PM
Post #237

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 3 2020, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 2 2020, 03:33 PM) *

Pics!

Or it didn't happen?

The outside is the same as when it was Victoria's boat. But I changed a lot of the interior, since Jan is a bit more privacy-minded.

I have not done much with the upper conning tower, putting in a desk and magazine spinners in back (Victoria had her bed and dresser back here)

The main floor still has the same crafting stations as before. I did change the kitchen bar to a diner type

Looking toward the front we can see the kitchen area on the right, with bar stools. Also a dining/living room table on the left.

January put up some walls in the front end to create a semi-private area

The bedroom area is on the left

The bathroom on the right

Finally, cat tax

Very nice! Hell, I want to live there myself! laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 1 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #238

Master
Group Icon

After seven months and one day, I again fired up Vinnie's game today. As I described in the screenshot thread, the old mobster is now all alone against the raiders of the Nuka-World after killing Porter Gage, his right-hand man. Equipped with his deadly slugger Vinniecito, the pre-war crime lord eradicated his most hated gang the Disciples, led by Nisha.

After getting a short nap, Vinnie is now ready to continue his march through the Nuka-World, his next target are the Operators. He decided to use the same technique as they do - attacking with a sniper rifle. He found one and lots of matching 7.62 ammo on corpses of various Disciples. He used the sniper rifle for the last time, while he was still a young criminal, tasked by eliminating his targets from the roofs of Havana, but dire circumstances call for dire measures.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 1 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #239

Ancient
Group Icon

It sounds like Vinnie is taking a page from Deano's book with the sniper rifle.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 2 2020, 12:14 AM
Post #240

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome back, Vinnie!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:22 PM