2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Books - Worth In Gold
Wurlon
post Sep 4 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

So after you collect, mod and do all the books and such, what will they be worth? I just remembered that books in morrowind had varied prices, from 25-1000 gold I believe. And I wanted to know are you guys going to price them all equally or by length?As I don't want a person next to me with a two page story have a book worth 225 gold where mine is a five page story worth 75, get the picture?

Just a curious thought/question/interrogation. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Wurlon: Sep 4 2005, 09:33 PM

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Sep 4 2005, 09:52 PM
Post #2

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Sep 4 2005, 09:32 PM)
So after you collect, mod and do all the books and such, what will they be worth? I just remembered that books in morrowind had varied prices, from 25-1000 gold I believe. And I wanted to know are you guys going to price them all equally or by length?As I don't want a person next to me with a two page story have a book worth 225 gold where mine is a five page story worth 75, get the picture?

Just a curious thought/question/interrogation.  blink.gif

Well, as the books are heretic, rare, and one of a kind, they will likely be very, very, very, VERY valuable. Probably 10,000+ gold.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 4 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Sep 4 2005, 04:52 PM)
Well, as the books are heretic, rare, and one of a kind, they will likely be very, very, very, VERY valuable. Probably 10,000+ gold.

Now we all know everyone is going to sell my cruddy books, if they get in, for cash dry.gif

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 4 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Sep 4 2005, 05:52 PM)

so they are priceless, which makes them worthless in effect. I personally wouldn't go for anything more than 2k, otherwise we could completely unbalance the game if the player made it out with a stack of 10,000 books.

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Sep 4 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #5

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Sep 4 2005, 10:00 PM)
Now we all know everyone is going to sell my cruddy books, if they get in, for cash  dry.gif

Well, we can make your books worth 0 gold. wink.gif

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Sep 4 2005, 10:21 PM)
so they are priceless, which makes them worthless in effect. I personally wouldn't go for anything more than 2k, otherwise we could completely unbalance the game if the player made it out with a stack of 10,000 books.

Well, if you found a book that exposed the Emperor's homosexual love life, it would be worth a lot of gold, to the right people.

Do you get my meaning?
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 4 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Sep 4 2005, 05:24 PM)
Well, we can make your books worth 0 gold. wink.gif
Well, if you found a book that exposed the Emperor's homosexual love life, it would be worth a lot of gold, to the right people.

Do you get my meaning?

Erm someone wrote about that?

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Forrest_Roberts
post Sep 4 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #7

Retainer

If they did,it was probably,hopefully,edited out.

Now we all know everyone is going to sell my cruddy books, if they get in, for cash

We can mod to where if you attempt to sell such a heretical book,then you would be arrested. Or if you never returned a book to the library (Say if you miss the dealine),then you would be continuosly fined until you returned the book.

+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Sep 5 2005, 01:14 PM
Post #8

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Sep 4 2005, 10:36 PM)

Well, no, not yet.

wink.gif
+Quote Post
Red
post Sep 5 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Stargazy, you've given me an increadable idea. tongue.gif

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
raithen
post Sep 5 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #10

Retainer

QUOTE(Forrest_Roberts @ Sep 4 2005, 11:57 PM)
We can mod to where if you attempt to sell such a heretical book,then you would be arrested. Or if you never returned a book to the library (Say if you miss the dealine),then you would be continuosly fined until you returned the book.

Or the NPC you are trying to sell the book oo would simply not buy it and say something along the lines of, "What?! Are you kidding me? I'm not buying THAT! It's illegal. If I was found within possesion of that book, I would be arrested! You should get rid of that before you are found out." That way, we could put the worth of the books as '10,000' septims, making them seem extremly valuble, but you wouldn't be able sell the books.
Also, I like the idea of fining someone. But what happens when they don't have enough money to pay off the fine? Then let's send assasins! cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Sep 5 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #11

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(Red @ Sep 5 2005, 02:44 PM)
Stargazy, you've given me an increadable idea. tongue.gif

Hehe. That's what I'm here for. happy.gif

QUOTE(raithen @ Sep 5 2005, 04:21 PM)
Or the NPC you are trying to sell the book  oo would simply not buy it and say something along the lines of, "What?! Are you kidding me? I'm not buying THAT! It's illegal. If I was found within possesion of that book, I would be arrested! You should get rid of that before you are found out." That way, we could put the worth of the books as '10,000' septims, making them seem extremly valuble, but you wouldn't be able sell the books.
Also, I like the idea of fining someone. But what happens when they don't have enough money to pay off the fine? Then let's send assasins! cool.gif

Raithen, I like the way you think. It scares me, but I like the way you think.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 5 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

Here's an idea, you check out the books (or just take them from the shelves, as it automatically goes into a magical book-check list thingy that the statue of Troika has) and if you don't return it in seven days they send an assassin who says you need to pay 2000 gold, or kill him. Then every day after that day the amount of assassin that come grow at an exponetial rate, so sooner or later you'll have 12 assassins banging at your door. Oh and after two weeks of not paying you have to pay 10,000. My advice? read the books in the library mellow.gif

In fact , you could have it so if you pick up a book and walk the whole place becomes filled with flin crazied nord assassins.

This post has been edited by Wurlon: Sep 5 2005, 09:01 PM

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Troika
post Sep 5 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #13

Agent

If I remember correctly, at an appropriately high merchant level, you will be able to trade with almost any character in the game who has a neutral or positive disposition towards you... if that's true, then maybe the books would be worth something only to ther scholarly characters... But if you aren't able to set the value of items independently for different characters, that idea goes up in flames... so... erm... cookies...
+Quote Post
raithen
post Sep 6 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #14

Retainer

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Sep 5 2005, 09:00 PM)
Here's an idea, you check out the books (or just take them from the shelves, as it automatically goes into a magical book-check list thingy that the statue of Troika has) and if you don't return it in seven days they send an assassin who says you need to pay 2000 gold, or kill him. Then every day after that day the amount of assassin that come grow at an exponetial rate, so sooner or later you'll have 12 assassins banging at your door. Oh and after two weeks of not paying you have to pay 10,000. My advice? read the books in the library mellow.gif

In fact , you could have it so if you pick up a book and walk the whole place becomes filled with flin crazied nord assassins.

blink.gif

Would a library realy be in possesion of that many assasins?

Up in flames, you say, Troika. Up in flames... hubbahubba.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 6 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(raithen @ Sep 6 2005, 11:47 AM)
blink.gif

Would a library realy be in possesion of that many assasins?
Up in flames, you say, Troika. Up in flames... hubbahubba.gif

Hey are you guys going to put a fireplace in the library? It might need some heat to keep the frost out of the books:P I LUV FIRE

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 6 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Sep 5 2005, 05:00 PM)

I could probably get seomeone to figure out a script that 'checks' your inventory for books when you leave, and automatically puts them back.

then we have to worry about teleportation...

or we could just have guards at the entrance, set to attack if you are within range and have a book on you..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Sep 7 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #17

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Sep 6 2005, 10:53 PM)
I could probably get seomeone to figure out a script that 'checks' your inventory for books when you leave, and automatically puts them back.

then we have to worry about teleportation...

or we could just have guards at the entrance, set to attack if you are within range and have a book on you..

Could we have a script where naked Bosmer men attack you with bows?

Because....that'd be awesome. cool.gif
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 7 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Sep 6 2005, 08:23 PM)
Could we have a script where naked Bosmer men attack you with bows?

Because....that'd be awesome. cool.gif

blink.gif now we're just being silly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Troika
post Sep 8 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #19

Agent

I expect it should be possible to make the library a non-teleporting zone... as one of its security features to make sure it remains hidden...
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 8 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Sep 8 2005, 12:22 PM)
I expect it should be possible to make the library a non-teleporting zone... as one of its security features to make sure it remains hidden...

or we could not tel them and make a horrible thing happen.... viking.gif

(such a cool emoticon)

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:03 PM