Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human XV - Playground, The fifteenth.
jack cloudy
post Oct 2 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Ah, the Trebuchet. Forgot about that one. Alright, here we go.

Flint Ironwood.

As the stone projectile arced overhead, Flint saw the Plys'Iea stiffen and leap away. He also lost track of James as the man went invisible. But he was too injured. He couldn't have gone far.
,,Now, while I have the chance."

The Breton leapt down and cast a detection spell. He then ran for the sparkling cloud and hauled James off the ground. Without wasting time explaining, the old man wrapped his arms tight around his load, ignoring whatever pain he was causing to those battered ribs.
,,Hold on, we're going to pierce the clouds!" He warned as he pushed off from the ground with all the strenght he could muster.

OOC: Off to bed.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 2 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #22

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tellie @ Oct 2 2007, 10:36 PM) *

Haldin

Haldin let out a harsh breath, as the things he had performed the last minutes made thir presence know in his system. Hefting his hammer in a firm grip he looked around at the battleweary tired soldiers around him.

"Alright my friends, we need to build a sort of barricade here, I want everyone with a strong arm to carry over anything that can be used, logs large rocks, barrels, anything you can think of, swiftly we haven't much time", he said.

Looking around he saw a tearstained Satyana along with a young Altmer he didn't know, and between them they were carrying...'it can't be...m-mother I she can't be dead', Haldin felt his throat constrict, and tears started to flow down his cheeks.

He walked over to them, looked down at his mothers face. It still looked surprised, almost laughing as she couldn't believe she had been beaten. Haldin let out a dry sob, before turning his tearstained eyes to Satyana. "Who...who did this, who killed my mother"? he asked painfully, halfy afraid of the answer.

OOC:Edited my post.

Satyana

Satyana looked at Haldin with an utmost sad gaze, and she nodded slowly at his outburst

"Oh Hal! She got her! That cursed witch really got her! I..I don´t know if Serene maybe can do something if we can reach her....Oh Haldin I´m so sorry.."

OOC: I presume Hal understands that Salina killed her....from what Satyana said.....And I wonder is Telina really quite dead?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 3 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita approached her sister and Haldin, a stony look on her face. She cleared her throat.

"I know we haven't been on the best of terms sister but I thought I would let you know that if anyone knows how to beat Salina it would be me. That's because I've lived with her and know basically everything she has up her sleeve. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't know the same about me."

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Oct 3 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

Satyana

Satyana looked at Haldin with an utmost sad gaze, and she nodded slowly at his outburst

"Oh Hal! She got her! That cursed witch really got her! I..I don´t know if Serene maybe can do something if we can reach her....Oh Haldin I´m so sorry.."

OOC: I presume Hal understands that Salina killed her....from what Satyana said.....And I wonder is Telina really quite dead?

Amrita

Amrita approached her sister and Haldin, a stony look on her face. She cleared her throat.

"I know we haven't been on the best of terms sister but I thought I would let you know that if anyone knows how to beat Salina it would be me. That's because I've lived with her and know basically everything she has up her sleeve. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't know the same about me".

Haldin

Haldin let out a string of curses not even caring about the fact that he stood before a girl he considered something between a sister and a niece. "Why I ought to...when I get my hands on that filthy traitor...bloody rip her to shreds...", he contiinued grumbling for himself before a smile lit up his face, he gave a short snigger before smirking to Satyana.

"Remember my mother was always liked quite much by Azura...oh I cant wait to see what Azura does to my treacherous aunt, she wont do anything harmful, but a sereies of unfortunate event coupled by the most rotten luck in the world, is probably one of the thigns thats gonna happen...not to mention every Winged Twilight in the world is gonna attack her on sight now", he continued laughing to himself at the tought what his aunt would do now that the Delvann (un)fortunate family luck would probably be boosted to even worse levels.

Turning serious again he looked at Amrita, "you know, I think you may be able to help, I know my mother almost as good as I know my own pockets, and she trained thjat...wench herself, so coupled with our knowledge I think we can give my aunt a one way ticket to the afterlife", he finished grimly, looking down at his mothers face again he felt another flow of tears come, "We should bury her, or take her away from this battle anyways!", he said softly, bowing down to give a kiss at his mothers forehead goodbye mother, he whispered.

OOC:Now now minky that would be telling wouldn't it? but rest assured Telina isn't entirely out of the story just yet...'wink wink'

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 3 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

Dan

As Dan stood, tired, near the breach he could see the Dunmer which had helped him in the fight with the alien go to the dead Dunmer wizard which Dan had met before the breach was made. It seemed she was someone very close to him by the way he cursed and sobbed at the same time. Dan was now alone again, as he ever was. Flint had gone to save James, which had been kidnapped by the odd beast in an attempt to escape from the fight.

Since Dan had nothing else to do except wait for the next time to prove his mettle, he went to the body of the Dunmer wizard.

"Was she someone close to you?" Dan asked the Dunmer warrior which had helped them. He was curious to learn the name of the Dunmer wizard as well, since he had never asked her himself.

Learning her name is the least I could do.

This post has been edited by Agent Griff: Oct 3 2007, 11:05 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Oct 3 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Agent Griff @ Oct 3 2007, 12:04 PM) *

Dan

As Dan stood, tired, near the breach he could see the Dunmer which had helped him in the fight with the alien go to the dead Dunmer wizard which Dan had met before the breach was made. It seemed she was someone very close to him by the way he cursed and sobbed at the same time. Dan was now alone again, as he ever was. Flint had gone to save James, which had been kidnapped by the odd beast in an attempt to escape from the fight.

Since Dan had nothing else to do except wait for the next time to prove his mettle, he went to the body of the Dunmer wizard.

"Was she someone close to you?" Dan asked the Dunmer warrior which had helped them. He was curious to learn the name of the Dunmer wizard as well, since he had never asked her himself.

Learning her name is the least I could do.

Haldin

Haldin looked at the Nord who had arrived, instead of questioning the intrusion made in his mind by telepathy he smiled at him. "She was my mother, Telina Delvanni, and my name is Haldin Delvanni, Warrior Priest", he said, extending his hand in the western fashion.

'You are a good man', he said telepathically to Dan, "What's your name master Nord"?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 3 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

OCC: What about Salina and the Narza'Tai?

Issac

"If you want to bury her, then that's fine, but perhaps cremation would be just as well?" He said for the first time entering the conversation. Looks like I'm not the only one to lose a mother to this war...... "Regardless, we should stop standing here right next to the breach."
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 3 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #28

Knower
Group Icon

Dan

Hm, it seems it's a family trait not to be offended by telepathy. I like such traits.

"My name is Dan, though some have called me Blade-Mouth in times past, for reasons which are obvious." Dan said with a frown of sorrow. "You fought well Haldin son of Telina, much as I would have if I were younger and my limbs would be strong as they once were. Your mother fought well too, on her part at least."

He then turned his look to the Altmer which had intervened in the conversation. Dan smiled.

"Agreed, master Elf. My blade still has a lust to sing. The day is not over yet so it's time may come. Let us go. Lead the way!"

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 3 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #29

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 3 2007, 08:48 AM) *

Amrita

"I know we haven't been on the best of terms sister but I thought I would let you know that if anyone knows how to beat Salina it would be me. That's because I've lived with her and know basically everything she has up her sleeve. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't know the same about me."

Satyana

Satyana looked sadly at Amrita, sighed and said:

"Alright sister, I get the message, let's plan how we should get to Salina, but we have to get out of here, and try to protect the body."

Serene! help me, what shall we do!"

Satyana focussed...trying to reach her grandmother through telepathy. Then she turned to Issac and Haldin;

"Help me carry her out of here and we'll have to find a spot to stash the body"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Oct 5 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

James and Flint.

James cringed when they flew up. The sudden acceleration and change of direction made him dizzy. When they finally met solid ground again, Flint let go, and James dropped to his knees. He tried to maintain as much dignity as he could but in his current condition, he failed miserably.
,,Well, took you bloody long enough, old geezer. If you had been any slower, I would have walked out myself." He boasted.

Flint shook his head at that.
,,Yeah, right. I bet you would have. And just after you had struggled to your feet, that thing would have whacked you ten metres into the ground." He replied and then waved over a healer.
,,I suggest you take some rest." He said and walked away to a quiet location where he could fix his armour.
,,Is it just me, or does my stuff always get wrecked five minutes after I patched it all up?"

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 9 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

OCC: Sorry, I been busy with Halo 3 and stuff. Issac hasn't let go of Telina.

Issac

"Alright, let's get moving then." He muttered, making sure he still had a good grip on Telina's corpse. The minor feather enchantment he'd placed on the body was still in affect, good.

Plys'Iea

The shrapnel had cleared, but a good deal of dust and small pieces of wood still hung in the air. While the second floor had collapsed on him, he'd been a position that his head had not been injured. Using all of his strength, the hunter pushed up and out of the rubble.

For the first time since it had arrived at Nirm, he was tired, breathless. Still, he continued, regaining his strength as he went, slowly, back to the enemy position.
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Oct 9 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #32

Knower
Group Icon

Dan

Dan stood and looked around nervously. Things had calmed down after the dissapearance of the alien beast. The enemy seemed to fight more ferociously than they usually did while the beast was present, yet after it dissapeared their will faltered and they retreated. Dan however felt as if this was the calm before the storm. He held Balmung tightly, ready to unsheath it at the slightest sign of danger.

"Then you might want to hurry. No telling when that creature comes back. I'll stay here and guard your back, though I doubt that will do much good if that thing is to return and I am alone to face it." Dan said telepathically to all three. He then returned to pacing about and watching the breach, and all nearby rooftops for that matter.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 10 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I'll let Minque (controlling Haldin and Satyana) reply to Dann

Plys'Iea

The Heavans broke through the oppressive cloudcover in some places, but his culture didn't worship the idea of gods, only the concept of the Hunting Grove. His ebony-black and emerald plate armor shone dully in the light.

The goblins have retreated, it figures. But the huntrer was not bothered by the lack of support, These..... warriors are children and old dogs with weapons of war. They are no true threat. After picking up the movements of troops, he picked where he'd attack first based on the quantity of "men" he could slaughter before getting a response.

There was a staging area where several soldiers were gathered to get new orders from Flogir......

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 10 2007, 01:47 PM
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 10 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #34

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana

"Ok Dan....that´s nice of you, you won´t regret it I promise" Satyana gave Dan a faint smile. She was glad Issac still held on to Telina, he was much stronger than her and besides it would let her scan the surroundings for a safe spot....

"Dear sister" she turned to Amrita, "Maybe you can help out here, we need to get to a safe place if we should plan how to eradicate that witch"

Then finally she embraced Haldin, after all it was his mother who lay in Issac´s arms....lifeless.

Haldin

He held Satyana tight to his chest, the loss of his mother got to him more than he would have imagined, there was an empty hole in his chest...and the only thing that soothed him now was to hold Satyana tight.

"Tyana..please, get Serene to come here....she´s the only one who can help me"

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 11 2007, 04:27 AM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Sep 30 2007, 01:28 PM) *

Flogir

"Keep your defense up lads!" Flogir shouted encouragement to the pikemen as the phalanx they had created attempted to stay together as a slew of enemies crashed against it. Shortly behind them, archers kept up a steady stream of fire. A mound of dead goblins and bandits began to form at the entrance of the breach.

"So far, so good," Flogir said to himself quietly.

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the alien creature Flint and them were fighting fled the battle. Unfortunately it appeared that it took one of the wounded with it and now Flint appeared to be chasing after it.

"Well that's one problem taken care of for now..." Flogir said quietly once again. The fact that Flint had left though left him worried about his comrade. That foe is way too dangerous for one person to take on.

"I hope you know what you're doing Flint," he muttered before returning his attention to the breach.

He pointed at a messenger lad. "You there! Get back to the walls and giver joint commander Altair a status report. Ask for one as well and then return back to me," he said quickly before the younger nodded eagerly and ran off.

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Oct 10 2007, 08:17 AM) *

OCC: I'll let Minque (controlling Haldin and Satyana) reply to Dann

Plys'Iea

The Heavans broke through the oppressive cloudcover in some places, but his culture didn't worship the idea of gods, only the concept of the Hunting Grove. His ebony-black and emerald plate armor shone dully in the light.

The goblins have retreated, it figures. But the huntrer was not bothered by the lack of support, These..... warriors are children and old dogs with weapons of war. They are no true threat. After picking up the movements of troops, he picked where he'd attack first based on the quantity of "men" he could slaughter before getting a response.

There was a staging area where several soldiers were gathered to get new orders from Flogir......

Rann

Seeing that Flogir appointed someone else to his job, he decided to hang around while the slightly younger messenger ran off.

"The problem's back," he said flatly, as he noticed the strange monster's approach, "It's armor's thick though. I'll need something better than this scrap of metal," he said, casting a disappointed glance at his iron sword. His katana forged from ebony hadn't done any harm to the creature, and Rann wouldn't be surprised if he could break his new sword over his knee.

Altair

Altair was shouting loudly, but he couldn't tell if many of the men could even hear him. He had noticed many of the trebuchets at work, though, and that made him a bit more at ease.

"Sir!" a young messenger said, approaching Altair with a quick salute, "There was a breach over there, but we've done good so far at holding it. When I left though, Flogir and the others were in some danger..." he pointed in their direction, and Altair could make out the form of the monster nearing Flogir, Rann, and a few soldiers.

Altair wanted badly to be over there to battle the monster himself, but he didn't think it prudent to leave his post without leadership.

Amrita, he called out telepathically, Stop what you're doing. Find your brother and help him; I think he may be in a bit more trouble than he can deal with. you wanted to save his life once, right?

"Alright, I won't send you back over there," he said to the messenger, "Grab a bow and quiver and start shooting," he pushed the boy towards the wall and went back to surveying the battle.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 11 2007, 06:39 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir turned to Rann as he made his comment. He then scanned the area and noticed that the strange creature was indeed returning once again. Flogir cursed and began to warn his troops of the approaching threat.

"Well Rann, our stores aren't that bountiful at the moment. Perhaps if you ask Voltar over there, he might be able to provide an enchantment of some sorts upon your blade. That could potentially make your weapon more durable hopefully," he suggested to Rann and pointed out that the Altmer was nearby before turning to his archers, "I wanna see a volley sent at that beast!"

Amrita

Amrita was about to utilize her powers to escort Satyana and company to a safer location when Veric's message sounded in her head. She quickly scanned the area and noticed, that Rann was indeed in a tough situation. She turned to her sister, a worried expression on her face.

"Rann appears to be in trouble, sister! He'll need my assistance to take care of that beast, so I can only tell you how to get to safety," she said in a hurried manner before giving them instructions on how to get to near Altair's location behind the walls.

"As long as Altair holds the walls, being behind them will be safe for you and the others. I will meet with you there after I help our brother," she said before heading that way. If any of the others wanted to join her, they would have to catch up.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 11 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Plys'Iea

He snarled at a small knot of troops, who responded by hiding behind their raised shields. The hunter towered above the crouching soldiers, but as he began to swing at the stationary targets, he felt the archers as they nocked their arrows.

Rather than wheel around and present his only unarmored spot, the Plys'Iea remained inert, the arrows struck his armor, but were deflected harmlessly. Due to his great hieght, even if the soldiers did attempt to slay him, their swords no more peirce his plate armor than reach his head.
The archers are the only threat, however marginal. His right hand slipped its grip down, almsot all the way to the flail, giving him the most reach he could. As the archers nocked their next volley, the alien leapt back, toward them.

From this angle, the archers were usless, their arrows didn't have the force to penetrate the alien armor. They held their fire and then scattered as the giant alien drew close enough to strike with his staff. For the briefest time, I was prey, but their chance has gone....
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 12 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Upon seeing the archers scatter at the coming of the alien, Rann looked to Flogir, determination in his eyes.

"You go; we can't afford to lose you. I'll try to keep him from pursuing," he said, seriously questioning his own sanity at the same time.

He glanced over at the thing to see it steadily growing nearer. It was a score or more yards away, but his way was completely clear as the archers seemed to lose heart. He took a deep breath and walked to meet him.

He thought about absorbing some magicka from the area around him, but he wasn't skilled enough in the use of his own ability to pick and choose who or what he stole the power from. The last thing he wanted was to sap some poor defender on the wall of his defenses.

Just keep him from catching up to Flogir. he reminded himself. The object wasn't to kill it, though if the opportunity arose, it would be a miraculous development in the battle.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 12 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir cursed as the archers scattered after their failed attack. Rann then offered to slow down the creature single handedly. Flogir gritted his teeth in frustration; he did not want to leave his friend. The situation though demanded for him to allow Rann his wish.

"Good luck, Rann," Flogir said before he left. He decided he'd meet up with Altair since his messenger had yet to return.

Amrita

Amrita still hadn't reached Rann yet. From her vantage point, she could see that Rann intended to face off against the creature single handedly.

"You just had to make this difficult for me didn't you, Rann?" Amrita muttered darkly as she withdrew her two crossbows. She was also prepared to release a shadow shard should the situation grow desperate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 12 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

OCC: The staff can miss by a bit and imbed itself in the ground, or it could clip Flogir and injure him a bit. Up to you Mallet.

Plys'Iea

The alien heard the words spoken, and understood their meaning. Clearly, this man is valuable to their forces.... He turned to look upon Rann and the retreating Flogir. Suddenly, the warrior raised his staff over his shoulder and threw it.

The balanced weapon spun through the air like the a wagon wheel, arcing toward the Nord Co-Commander.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 12 2007, 12:53 PM
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:05 PM