Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Ghostfence rp: Playground 1
canis216
post May 16 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #201

Knower
Group Icon

Dranas Heleran

Dranas found himself crossing blades with an ashlander's chitin shortsword. Using his katana's longer reach to his advantage, Dranas parried a couple of swings and side-stepped an attempted thrust, responding with a slash across his foe's chest--which did not miss.

Dranas turned to join the rest of the fight--turned almost directly into the path of a chitin club.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post May 16 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #202

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ May 16 2009, 03:59 AM) *

Dralas

His first shot failed miserably, falling short of his target. It was a hasty shot, fired more out of surprise than anything else. On the second try, though, he took a bit more time with his shot. He beaded in on the archer and almost let an arrow fly. Almost. He knew the archer's face, and was at a loss as to what he should do. On one hand, an encounter with him wouldn't be peaceful anyway, and on the other, Dralas had no desire to kill him. He noticed that he knew the other two archers as well.

But when they ignored the music man's plea for peace, and responded with arrows, Dralas knew he was going to be forced to shoot back, and with three archers, he was shooting to kill. On top of all this, more were coming their way, ready for a melee.

After a few shots, he hit an archer in the arm, but nothing fatal. Hopefully it would at least keep him from aiming properly, if not from pulling back the bowstring altogether. He moved behind the same rock as Rianne.

"This isn't good," he said to her.

In the back of his mind, he couldn't help but think that they were after him specifically; what would they possibly gain from killing and robbing the stragglers of a caravan? There was almost nothing valuable around them.

Rianne

She nodded, no this was not good at all! Why would some ashlanders attack them? They usually don't attack caravans.

"I wonder if they are after me?, but why should they, if it had been the Legion I'd understand"

"I could try to stop it all, if they have any kind of respect for a wise woman, I could pull a trick or two, but I'd rather not.."

She noticed the others fighting like man-to-man, and sighed. Something had to be done. She looked at Dralas, not that she meant to stress him but she was kinda out of ideas.

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Olen
post May 17 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #203

Mouth
Group Icon

Rothan

The dunmer beside him fired off a crossbow but hit nothing. As they met the ashlanders Rothan ducked to the side to keep to the edge of the fighting. An ashlander followed. The dunmer carried a chitin shortsword and lunged. Rothan ducked inside the thrust aiming to push the ashlander’s wrist aside. He felt his arm catch the sword. He forced himself to ignore it and brought his other elbow into the mer’s face. He didn’t pause before grabbing the dazed ashlander by the wrist and twisting and pulling it away. The ashlander stumbled and dropped the sword with a yelp.

As Rothan turned to kick him he tripped over something on the ground and fell pulling the ashlander down on top of him. The impact knocked the wind from him.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
canis216
post May 17 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #204

Knower
Group Icon

Dranas Heleran

... Almost directly into the path of a chitin club. Dranas jerked away but still took a hard blow to his armored left shoulder; the netch leather absorbed the energy of the hit but was no match for the club's sharpened spikes. Dranas swallowed a scream.

The pain was intense but manageable. He knew that his sword arm still worked, and that his sword was much longer than this fellow's club.

The ashlander tried to press the attack, knowing that he had wounded Dranas, but the smuggler blocked the next swing with his katana, then slicing open the ashlander's hand with a quick flick of the wrist. The club fell.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 17 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #205

Master
Group Icon

Erna

Erna lunged at his opponent, just as the Ashlander hurled himself at him. He slammed into the dunmer and knocked the wind out of him, sending them both to the ground.

Erna grabbed the dunmer's throat and squeezed, slamming the man's skull against the ground repeatedly as he did so. The ashlander tried to struggle, but it was no use. As Erna pressed his thumbs in, compressing the throat, the ashlander's fist struck a glancing blow to his skull, knocking Erna off. Choking, the ashlander tried to rise, but Erna slammed his knife into the man's throat and ended his life in a gush of hot blood.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 17 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #206

Master
Group Icon

Eno Arval

Eno was shocked. Despite his best intentions, a battle of life and death was unfolding right in front of him.
"Please!...Stop this! There is no need to kill each other! HAVE YOU ALL GONE MAD?!!" He shouted, dropping to his knees and covering his mouth. The sight, the sounds and above all the smell was making him sick.
"Oh, ALMSIVI. Please have mercy. Make them stop." He whimpered as he threw up.

Haz

Haz looked at the old man with contempt.
"It's just a bit of blood. Don't be so weak." He thought. As he turned his gaze away from him. More importantly, while those engaged in melee couldn't be shot at by the archers out of fear for friendly fire, those who had chosen to stay back were still a fair target.

He took a reflexive step back as an arrow buried itself into the ash right in front of his nose. Looking around again, he retreated to the first bit of cover he could find which was ironically, his dead Guar.
"I'm safe here. The woman is hiding behind a rock, good. The old one though, he's all out in the open. If I warned him, the others would likely be more appreciative of me and less suspicious. I'll have to sacrifice the fake oath of silence though." He told himself and shook his head.
"This had better be worth it."

He waited till he heard the wet sound of an arrow embedding itself into his cover before jumping out and rushing to Eno.
"GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF AND DUCK BEHIND A ROCK, OLD FOOL!" He snapped loudly as he forcibly dragged the man up to his feet and began to drag him away. Just then, an arrow struck, lodging itself firmly in the arm he'd drawn around Eno. The Argonian hissed in pain but carried on. He'd felt far worse when they prepared him for his mission. Next to that, a miserable piece of chitin was nothing.

He stopped behind the bulk of his guar and crouched low to the ground once more.
"Don't stick your head out." He told Eno as he looked at the arrow embedded into his arm. He would have to deal with it soon enough or the wound would just get worse. At least it was little more than a shaft with a pointed tip. If it had been an actual arrowhead, he would have to cut it out. Now, he could just pull it out and apply pressure to the wound till the bleeding stopped. It wasn't perfect, but it would have to do.

OOC: I was first going to injure Eno, but I figured that Haz might be a better choice. Why? Because he has to refuse all medical aid. biggrin.gif Man, that old-timer is the luckiest honoured user ever though. If Haz hadn't been dragging him away, that arrow would have hit him instead.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 17 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #207

Master
Group Icon

OOC: I like to think it was Erna that made him throw up. tongue.gif

Erna

Erna gave a howl of beserk joy as he leapt on top of another ashlander, pummelling and smashing at the man his fists and the hilt of his dagger, smashing his fist into the helpless dunmer's face again and again.

The ashlander screamed and managed to scramble away, but Erna was too fast, grabbing him and slamming a knife into his back. He wrenched it out, still roaring in bloodlust and coated in viscera.

As blood dripped onto him from his knife, he raised his hands to the sky and screamed; "DAGON!!"

The Lord of Destruction demanded blood.
+Quote Post
Olen
post May 17 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #208

Mouth
Group Icon

Rothan

The ashlander was on top of him. He pulled an arm free just as the dunmer drove his knee into Rothan’s ribs. He grunted. The ashlander kneed him again. Rothan’s mouth filled with vomit but before another knee could wind him completely he reached up clawing with his fingers. They raked across the ashlander’s face and his middle one found an eye. He drove it in.

The ashlander shrieked and leapt back but not quickly enough, Rothan felt the warm gooey inside of the red eye up to his knuckle. He pulled his finger out and hit the ashlander. He hardly needed to, the dunmer fell to the ground screaming; his hands covered his face. Rothan drew his cudgel and brought it down on the ashlander who collapsed. He raised the cudgel again, this time there was a cracking sound as it left a crater in the skull. The whimpers stopped. He raised it again and pounded the remains of the ashlanders head with all his might. A fire of adrenaline, fear and not a little hatred flowed through him. He hit the ashlander’s head again. The handle of the cudgel cracked into splinters.

He staggered back from the fight and vomited. It hurt his ribs. It was only when he put a hand out to steady himself that he realised how much his arm was bleeding.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 21 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #209

Councilor
Group Icon

OOC: if my numbers are off as far as remaining ashlanders, let me know

Dralas

"I don't think these men would care if you were a wise woman anyway," he said to Rianne. He peeked over the rock only to have to duck again quickly to avoid an arrow.

Going back on the ofensive, Dralas drew back his bowstring, stood up from his cover, and fired. He put another arrow to the string and shot again. Both arrows found their way into his target's chest, but Dralas ducked behind the rock again before he could watch the archer stagger back and fall to the ground.

There were only two archers left, but one was injured. There was still one ashlander on the ground, too, fighting close quarters.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
minque
post May 24 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #210

Wise Woman
Group Icon

This thread is now big enough, feel free to continue
Here!!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:13 AM