Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Mod Questions
Renee
post May 4 2020, 01:30 PM
Post #61

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 3 2020, 01:19 PM) *

There's no setting involved, as the engine just can't run two copies of the same quest at the same time.

Yeah, this.

Well I guess I should ask: are these quests all coming from the same NPC? You said the same faction, Lopov, and I am assuming you are talking about that mod you've got in your Companions hall.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 9 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

I meant radiant quests given by different Companion leaders (Aela, Vilkas, Farkas or Skjor). I don't run any mods in this regard, I only use a mod that increases the number of radiant quests that must be completed between main quests.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2020, 01:03 PM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

OH I see. I don't know. I would think they'd all have quests to offer at once (the way Vex and that other NPC in the Thieves Guild do), although it's been too long, and I don't remember how Companions handled this because I completed that quest line way back in 2012 or 2013. What does UESP say?

If they're all supposed to offer quests at once but aren't doing so, I would blame that Companions quest mod you've got. It's already caused problems.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 12 2020, 01:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 12 2020, 05:13 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

It's what ghastley said, you can't have multiple quests active at once, because it's basically the same quest you're getting. The mod I've been using, just increased the number of required radiant quests completed to trigger the next main quest.

But thanks anyway, I already left Skyrim behind.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 12 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #65

Councilor
Group Icon

For anyone else interested, the Companion quests and the Bounty quests both seem to be controlled by the Story Manager starting them if the conditions are met, when a Location Change event happens. The quests themselves don't restrict anything, but make sure the dialog isn't offered if the quest can't be given.

SM stuff is not simple. I added the Rescue Greta quest for my Succubus mod that way, and would not want to repeat it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 12 2020, 07:17 PM
Post #66

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 12 2020, 12:30 PM) *

SM stuff is not simple.

MM hmm to this! I managed to figure it out for my one idea (repeatable bounty quests) but it took me months.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 7 2020, 02:18 AM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

Hey, I finally started playing Skyrim SE on BootCamp, and it plays beautifully! All modded out as per STEP Guide, and everything is smmmooooooth and gorgeous!

But one thing I miss (having played ESO) are dresses/gowns that double as light armor. Is there anything like that in SKyrim? I love the look of the various noble clothing, but nothing comes close to a proper gown and still has a better than 0 armor rating.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2020, 03:42 AM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't think there are a lot of dresses and gowns for Skyrim. It is usually actual armor or bdsm wear. The Raven Witch Armor is kind of like a gown, but it is all armored.

There was an Elven Dresses mod for regular Skyrim, but I don't think it ever got exported to SE.

There is Tribunal Robes and Masks. It is not gowns, but some are quite feminine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 7 2020, 02:20 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Well then, here’s a thought: is it possible to take some of my favorite clothing in game and give them an armor rating equaling that of a full set of mid level armor?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2020, 06:50 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

Sure, just use the Creation Kit to open the clothing and change the stats, and make a mod.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jul 7 2020, 07:49 PM
Post #71

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 7 2020, 12:50 PM) *

Sure, just use the Creation Kit to open the clothing and change the stats, and make a mod.

Would that method change all instances of the item in the game? What if I want to make an unique item?
When playing Morrowind, I made mods to alter garments, armors, and weapons by copying textures and meshes, renaming, altering stats, re-pathing the file structure, and placing the new unique creation in a game location. I was really happy with my meager accomplishments but um, I didn't know what I was doing (still don't) and may have cause myself more work than what was necessary.

This post has been edited by macole: Jul 7 2020, 07:50 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2020, 08:24 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jul 7 2020, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 7 2020, 12:50 PM) *

Would that method change all instances of the item in the game? What if I want to make an unique item?
When playing Morrowind, I made mods to alter garments, armors, and weapons by copying textures and meshes, renaming, altering stats, re-pathing the file structure, and placing the new unique creation in a game location. I was really happy with my meager accomplishments but um, I didn't know what I was doing (still don't) and may have cause myself more work than what was necessary.

Yes, it would change all the items in the game. If you want it to be unique all you have to do is make a copy of the original by changing the ID. I suggest putting a 0 at the start of the new ID's name, as that will automatically sort it at the top of every list.

The game will say that you changed the Form's Editor ID, and ask if you want to Create a New Form? Say yes, and it will create a new record with the new ID you entered.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 8 2020, 02:30 AM
Post #73

Master
Group Icon

What? You didn’t port your Animal Friends Mod to Skyrim SE?? sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 8 2020, 04:46 AM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't have SE. I do not like the things it adds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 9 2020, 01:27 AM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

Like what? I am curious - I am enjoying it so far, but I like hearing others’ opinions as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2020, 06:53 AM
Post #76

Ancient
Group Icon

I hate the depth of field effect. It just makes half the screen look blurry to me. I hate the godrays. The effect makes everything look hazy, because the game needs that haze to see the rays of light through. That is all I can think of off my head. I had to find ways to manually force all of that stuff off with Fallout 4.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 9 2020, 02:52 PM
Post #77

Master
Group Icon

Ah, I see - the ENB type stuff then. I understand, when I first noticed the DOF, I was like dafu—??

With my sucky eyes and even more sucky old glasses it’s not something I notice so much, but maybe when I get my left cornea fixed and get new glasses . . .

When I set it up, though, I did see an ini line for that, you can decrease it to zero, I believe.

Now for the God Rays, I’m not so sure of that, but yeah, I get the haze can be irritating when you’re trying to spot a skeleton on a distant mountainside. For some reason I always have such a difficult time seeing skeletons. And Ice Wraiths . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 15 2021, 08:44 PM
Post #78

Councilor
Group Icon

Is it possible for scripts to be installed into a BSA file?

I am asking because I have Vigilants of Stendarr Quests, which has some problems with stages not setting and just generally, some stuff works, some stuff obviously does not work. "Come speak to me when you're ready" the mod's main NPC says. So I do this, and there's no new dialog. My character waits, my character sleeps, my characters goes outside and waits. Sometimes, all this waiting/sleeping will cause missing dialog to suddenly show up.

So I go into the mod's .esp file and notice all of its scripts are missing. In its Papyrus Script boxes, it'll say ; CODE NOT LOADED over and over. But no scripts! The mod has a BSA file though, so I wonder if they're stored in there. Never torn a BSA apart before, but i know it's possible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 16 2021, 01:13 AM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, what you should do is check out the Loose Files archive that the mod author provided. Therein lies your answer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 16 2021, 05:59 AM
Post #80

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 15 2021, 01:44 PM) *

The mod has a BSA file though, so I wonder if they're stored in there. Never torn a BSA apart before, but i know it's possible.

But what if the mod author doesn't provide the loose files?
BSA Browser is a good program that I've used for cracking BSA's. It should work for all Bethesda games except ESO. It does come in handy searching for suspected missing textures and meshes. When I was playing Skyrim, I used BSA Browser a lot to grab armor and weapon resources to make custom arms and armors.

This post has been edited by macole: Feb 16 2021, 06:00 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:33 PM