Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How many characters have you made in Oblivion?
mirocu
post Nov 1 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Some time ago I made this topic at Bethsoft and included a rather poor poll. This time I wont do it so all you have to do is give me a number on how many characters youve made in total in Oblivion. And yes, I demand an exact figure! No "more than a hundred, mumble..." b-s here!

Kidding biggrin.gif

I really dont need to tell you how many Ive made, do I? hehe.gif

Anyways. Give me your two cents Septims! happy.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 29 2014, 10:36 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 1 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Im afraid theres no way to know the exact number, but I can tell you that I have screenshots or pictures of fourteen characters. The ones I played Dead Is Dead are not all documented except in the DiD threads over at the Beth forum. Im not inclined to go dig through all of those threads! tongue.gif

If you count games on different platforms for the same character the number would be higher. For example Jerric alone has I believe four Oblivion games (all started from scratch in the prison cell) across the Xbox, PS3, and my laptop. He may have had five at one point. But I just counted him as one character.

Also I didnt count the characters I have made through the character creation process but not really played much. I wouldnt count them since they were not intended to have a life independent of their out-of-game stories.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 1 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I make characters specifically for testing that I don't intend to play, but sometimes I keep them. That can mean that I start them over at the beginning, so do I count them twice? The first incarnation is usually made by taking an "out of the sewers" save and using the console to change everything, including upping the stats to simulate a late-game character, with some odd combo of skills.

Blossom was one I restarted, and completely inverted. I used a test Orc to check the effect of really low disposition in one quest, felt sorry for the reactions she got, and replayed her to max out Personality and Speechcraft.

I have no record of the really quirky ones that didn't have any appeal to make me keep them, so no count either, but you can be sure there was a male and a female of every playable race, plus Mazken, Aureal, Dremora, Xivilai, and of course Angeline and Diablita were both tested as PC's before they became NPC's. Most of the staff at Gweden have been played before they were hired. I have not played a Minotaur.

My two-handed axe-wielders have been a male Orc and a female Argonian. Archers have been Bosmer and Altmer (the latter refused to use magic.) The Mazken became Listener of the DB. My smallest character, a female Breton, became Arena Grand Champion without using weapons (and really had problems fighting Freija when I tested that quest, as it takes away all spells).

So my answer is "lots", and if you can think of a build I haven't tried, it will be "more than lots".

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 1 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Short answer: Two (sort of). Acadian, then Buffy.

Long answer: I started Oblivion in the summer of 2007. In typical fashion (for me), I created Acadian as a jack of all trades to evaluate the game and assess whether it was fit for elven consumption. Being a new game, I rebuilt Acadian numerous times as I learned more of the game. Indeed, he played variously as a Nord, Redguard and Breton as he grimly set about both the heroic and disgusting tasks required to explore every aspect of the game from Champion to Madgod to master of guilds and more. When, after more than a year of play and digesting UESP wiki and asking dumb questions on the BethSoft forum, we pretty much learned to optimize what the vanilla game of Oblivion could provide. It became time to transition Buffy the Bowranger from Baldurs Gate II, and Buffy the Bowazon from Diablo II into Oblivion. Our first attempt or two were failures, so we spent a couple weeks time pondering things. On April 19, 2009, we tried again and successfully birthed Buffy the Bowgirl.

After 500 hours vanilla, we added a few mods, including a light in-game makeover, and continued her game up to 1000 hours. At that point, computer problems forced us to restart her. We took advantage of how much mods had advanced and used the opportunity to give her a pretty extensive makeover in the process, rebirthing her in January 2012. Since then, she has happily played daily to add 1900 additional hours to her previous games 1000.

Buffy completely drives the show on when/if we do quests and there are more that she will wrinkle her nose at than accept. This is fine since, thanks to the extensive groundwork slogged through by Acadian, my own curiosity about quests that don't suit her does not influence her choices. She quite simply never ever tires of visiting friends and guildmates all over Tamriel, traveling by horse and clearing dungeons. Fortunately, those things, and the activities that support them, never run out in Oblivion. Her's is definitely a life of 'the journey is more important than the destination'. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Nov 1 2013, 02:54 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

Lets see, 1 2 3 4....

I don't [censored] know how many characters I made rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 1 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

On the Xbox, I had many. On the PC, only one. smile.gif

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 1 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Spam Meister
Group Icon

By golly is it hard to get a straight answer out of you guys! rollinglaugh.gif King Coin comes somewhat close but in reality its only me and Acadian who answered the question with a straight answer! rollinglaugh.gif tongue.gif

And yes, I would count any character showing up several times as once, since its one "person" its about.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 1 2013, 05:19 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 1 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like 27. When I am finished playing a character I put all of their saves in a separate folder. That way my list of save games is not a mile long.

That is not counting characters I only made to take screenshots of for fan fiction. Like Acadian, it does not count restarts of the same character using new mods and the like.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 1 2013, 08:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 1 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 1 2013, 11:18 AM) *

By golly is it hard to get a straight answer out of you guys! rollinglaugh.gif King Coin comes somewhat close but in reality its only me and Acadian who answered the question with a straight answer! rollinglaugh.gif tongue.gif

What did you expect?

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 1 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #10

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 1 2013, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 1 2013, 11:18 AM) *

What did you expect?

Yeah, I know tongue.gif With so many characters made over the years it must be basically impossible to keep track. Should have made a rule in the OP stating only those who knows the exact number may participate, but I guess that would make for a very lonely thread! laugh.gif

No problem, people! Keep talking about your characters happy.gif Maybe youll even remember someone long lost in history? smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 1 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Altogether I've created around 20, probably slightly less, but I dropped some of them immediately or very quickly and their names got forgotten. Let's see...

1-a Khajiit whose name is forgotten-my very first character in OB back in 2006, I don't recall his name but I think that I started a new game as soon as he came out of the tutorial dungeon.
2-my second character was also my only CoC. His name was Amadeus Anchev and he was a Breton spellsword. Beside doing the MQ, he also did the DB. I abandoned Oblivion after him for looong time and only returned to it in 2011.

*time passes*

3-Samjell - a Nord warrior, died in Arena.
4-Eldar - a Redguard fighter with whom I intended to do to the FG questline but he was devoured by a pack of mountain lions.
5-Gyevaheera - an Argonian assassin, boring to play, dropped.
6-K'hista - a Khajiit h-t-h fighter, I intended to do the Arena with him but he died during a battle with the Frost Atronach in the Frostfire glade.
7-White Bear & Lavimir Arda - the killer & the paladin, I've been planning for Arda to hunt WB, I even intending modding each other into their own games but I dropped the project because of a lack of time and motivation.
9-Dark Fist / Black Fist, I'm not sure of his name, an Argonian assassin, boring to play, dropped.
10-Irenei the White - one of my most funny characters, he was an Altmer noble, extremely rude and arrogant. With time he found it dishonorably to even visit any towns or chat with lowly people of Cyrodiil so he moved to his Frostcrag spire, where he still lives, reveling in himself and himself only.
11-Falador, a Wood Elf assassin, my longest-lasting character, retired in Crucible somewhere around 170 hours.
12-Raven, a Breton witchhunter, currently active, doing the MG questline most of the time but also a lot of random adventuring. My 2nd longest lasting character, currenly around 120 hours.
13-Sentza, a Redguard fighter, my newest character, only three days old.

There were probably some more that I either dropped or died very quickly, some were just test characters which I don't really count as official ones.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 1 2013, 07:26 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 1 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, not counting the ones from when I first started playing, which were just classes, I'd have to say dozens, maybe even a hundred.

I should probably take better care of them.

I've got another one brewing now, maybe he'll do better.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 1 2013, 06:03 AM) *

I really dont need to tell you how many Ive made, do I?

Wait, hold on, this is a trick-question, right? blink.gif

I recently answered this over at Beth, so I can conveniently do a cut 'n' paste.. These are roughly in order, and I'll also try to include dates.

1. Lady Anne -- October 24, 2008 (she lasted 3 hours or so before I started all over with Char #2).

2. char #2 (forget her name) -- October 24 - ? (She commited suicide after becoming a vampire).

3. Renee Gade -- October or early Nov. of 2008 - Dec. 2008. (got frustrated with the out-of-control leveling, rage/quit RG1's game one day). RG's first incarnation was a Jill-of-all-trades. I was new to the game, so RG was the one who I did a lot of early gaming with.

4. Renee Gade II -- April 2009 'til Spring of 2010 (Dead). RG2 was a mostly-pure fighter. She only used the default healing spell, but no other spells. She did FG and most of Knights of the Nine. She died fighting Umaril the Unfeathered

5. Igodah Go^Pe, Altmer Mage -- Probably May of 2009 to sometime in 2010 (another A-bomb casualty, I RP'd that Igodah died during the final phases of the Main Quest).

6. Dyan phor a'Cauz, Nord Paladin -- May 17, 2010 until Spring or Summer of 2011. (Retired) Dyan did Fighters Guild and Knights of the Nine.

7. Wanda Bone, Redguard Thief -- May of 2010 until ? (game saves accidentally got erased). Wanda spent most of her time in the Imperial City, breaking & entering wherever she could. She was contacted by Thieves Guild but refused to join.

8. Luci Pheria, Dark Elf Witch -- August 5th, 2010 to ? (Got killed by a bandit). Luci was my second questless character.

9. Lou Zehr-- sometime in 2010. Lou was doing TG, but I never saw this through with him

10. The Grey Wizard, Breton Wizard -- September 12, 2010 to summer of 2011. (Retired). TGW became my CoC, and also is Arch Mage in my gameworld.

11. Eradi~Kate, Breton Assassin -- July 3rd, 2011 (inactive)

12. Kahreem of Weet, Redguard Thief -- September 3rd, 2011 (Active)

13. Lady Saga, Wood Elf Ranger (PS3) -- October 19, 2011 (Active, kinda)

14. Ann Thraxx, Imperial Peasant -- February 8, 2012 'til present (Active).

15. Sir Tanley -- October 22, 2012 (game never got started, I created ST and added him in the Hot or Not Contest of 2012, but did no actual gaming)

16. The Terror from the Imperial Sewers (Abwasserkanal Eidesche), Argonian Barbarian -- Spring of 2013 (Active)

17. Joan of Arkay, Breton Crusader -- May 29, 2013 (Active)

18. Lady Saga II (Xbox)

19. Clea Vigge -- Some time in December 21, 2013 (my first PC character). Clea was supposed to be this buxom gal who I would experiment with modwise, and also explore Better Cities. But I only created her, never did any gaming.

20. Snaat Rayag, Dark Elf Merchant -- January 2, 2014 (Active). Snaaty is a skooma salesman. He does no quests, and I rarely visit him these days.

21 Lady Saga III My third PC character, created February 8, 2014, (Active) though I consider LS3 to be a continuation of Lady Saga on PS3 and Xbox -- Lady Saga continues to roam wherever she wants to, all over Cyrodiil. She mainly focuses on Umbacano quests, and a few random mod-added quests as well.

22. Renee Gade III, Imperial Warrior -- March 25, 2014 (Active). RG3 is the daughter of RG2, my PS3 gal who died during KotN. She focuses on the Arena, and various mod-added quests.

So there. 22 in all.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jun 14 2015, 11:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 2 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 2 2013, 08:29 PM) *

14. Ann Thraxx

And I very much remember Ann being the incarnation of yourself in Oblivion. I remember it because you didnt take my advise of naming her Renee Gade III, but rather Ann Thraxx laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 1 2013, 09:45 AM) *

Being a new game, I rebuilt Acadian numerous times as I learned more of the game. Indeed, he played variously as a Nord, Redguard and Breton

Wow, I didn't know this.

It became time to transition Buffy the Bowranger from Baldurs Gate II, and Buffy the Bowazon from Diablo II into Oblivion.

She came from Baldur's Gate? Cool! .. That game's pretty tough, I gotta say.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 1 2013, 12:18 PM) *

By golly is it hard to get a straight answer out of you guys!

I am able to give a straight answer only because I've been writing down character info in a notebook for years. I started this with Dyan, so it's amazing I've remembered all their names over these years, all except Character #2.

I include exact dates in many cases mostly because it's my goal to make a horoscope for each and every character of mine, but I've fallen far behind on this pursuit. indifferent.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 2 2013, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 2 2013, 08:29 PM) *

14. Ann Thraxx

And I very much remember Ann being the incarnation of yourself in Oblivion. I remember it because you didnt take my advise of naming her Renee Gade III, but rather Ann Thraxx laugh.gif

She's not an incarnation of me, but she is the most like me, when it comes to How would Renee react if she lived in Cyrodiil? I'd be fearful of everything and everyone (the way Ann is) and might also go insane, but she's not really an incarnation of me (or vice versa).

I actually will make a character named RG3 one of these days. Since I have a PC now, she'll be on PC. She's going to do my long-abandoned Sewer Patrol idea, and also compete in the Arena.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 2 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #16

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Awesome rundown, Renee! laugh.gif I remember Sir Tanley. Wasnt he a participant in the Hot or Not contest?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 2 2013, 04:14 PM) *

Awesome rundown, Renee! laugh.gif I remember Sir Tanley. Wasnt he a participant in the Hot or Not contest?

Yes. He was going to be my 4th or 5th male overall in the game, and all I knew about him was that he would be a Crusader for class. He would be a teetotaling hall-pass monitor sort of character, who always chose right from wrong. The typical Hollywood knight. But I don't know.. I just never got into his head.

I suppose I could try again, but I have too many other extant games going on. I'll wait till I get my ES games running on PC, perhaps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Nov 2 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

I'd guess about 900 to 1000.

Many of these got no farther than the sewer exit. In fact I've made a few characters just to go through the tutorial dungeon and nothing more. What can I say, I like Oblivion's tutorial dungeon.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 2 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #19

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Nov 2 2013, 11:34 PM) *

What can I say, I like Oblivion's tutorial dungeon.

From what I can remember, so do I! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 2 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #20

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee, what a nice stroll down Renee Lane! I do recall that it has to be a rainy night for you to create a new character. Perhaps the fact that you are in MD and I am in NV helps account for my low character count? Nah, I'm just mono-game-ous. tongue.gif

Wyrd, 900-1000?!? I can imagine a touch or two of frustration there since I know how much time and effort you put into creating each one, complete with story, unique mod list and custom home. I think you are right though; if they don't really speak to you by the time you finish the tutorial, they probably won't.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:18 PM