7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morroblivion
SubRosa
post Nov 24 2021, 06:01 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: My previous version of January in Morroblivion was a Breton. This time I wanted to change things up a bit.

Those are non-Darryl skellies. I don't see January summoning in the dead. Unless maybe it was Blood Raven.

Renee: That is Chitin Armor that she is wearing. Remade for the Oblivion engine of course, like the other Morrowind armors in Morroblivion.

Right now she does not levitate, but I am sure she will be getting a spell to do it eventually.

I know the kind of pictures you mean. They are basically tourist pics. Look at me next to the pyramids, or Red Mountain, or Cloud Ruler Temple. You are right, those are a trademark of mine.

macole: I worked for hours to get her face right. Most of the time I just ended up abandoning my efforts and starting over. In the end I wound up importing my previous version of January, who was a Breton. Unfortunately the faces change when you go to a different race. So I still had to spend a lot of time working on the face afterward. And it took two tries doing so. The first one didn't work out.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 24 2021, 12:01 PM) *

Renee: That is Chitin Armor that she is wearing. Remade for the Oblivion engine of course, like the other Morrowind armors in Morroblivion.

Ah, it's chitin. My archer gal wears a chitin cuirass too. I imagine this stuff is like a turtle's shell.

Hey did you ever find any mod for Morrowind which changes footstep sounds? So they're not just clip-clop-clip-clop?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 25 2021, 05:56 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 25 2021, 08:56 AM) *

Hey did you ever find any mod for Morrowind which changes footstep sounds? So they're not just clip-clop-clip-clop?

I never thought to look for anything like that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 28 2021, 10:40 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

As I mentioned in the Morrowind mods thread, I updated to Morroblivion 0.65. It does have an optional .esp to add a transport between Morrowind and Cyrodiil. It puts an NPC on the ship you arrive on at Seyda Neen, who you can talk to to go back to Cyrodiil. That puts you at the Imperial City Market District Gate. There is a Khajiit standing there at the gate who will likewise transport you back to Cyrodiil. It seems a little odd that that you would show up there. The IC Docks would have made more sense, I think. But it does work.

That is also part of a Chargen mod. I am not sure what the character generation part of that does just yet. Ok, I experimented with that, and the character generation part of it is not working for me at all. The mod is supposed to start you with an empty cell and give you the option to start the game in Cyrodiil or Morrowind, with added options of doing each the vanilla way, or a faster way. But it just does the regular Morrowind start for me every time for me.

I also found an improved map mod today. New HD Map is in 4k, and perhaps best of all, the locations seem to all line up correctly.

Edit: Well, I gave up on version 0.65. The Distant LOD land was not appearing! The distant trees were there, but no actual land. After spending about an hour fighting with it, I just removed it and reinstalled version 0.64. Now I have distant land again!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 29 2021, 11:31 AM
Post #45

Mouth
Group Icon

People have been using Morroblivion together with loads of other big mods like TWMP or Valenwood or Elsweyr or all of it with OOO and whatnot on top! Phew! Wow! I wonder how long it took them to get it all ironed together... blink.gif

I might try it... But I wonder whether it will actually be better to have a separate setup for running Morroblivion, since I intend to play it with a different character anyway. So it will be a different game, perhaps even a completely new Oblivion installation directory without all the junk that I've been throwing into the current one. ohmy.gif If it will even work - Windows seems to remember things and only allow you to have a single instance of Oblivion, because of course who in their right mind would ever want to have several installations? kvleft.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 29 2021, 12:27 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

You could have a separate Oblivion installation. The only caveat is that no matter how many you have, they will all use the .ini files and save files located in your User\Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder. Also they will also use the load order found in Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Oblivion. So you just have to make backups of those files for each instance of Oblivion, and swap them out according to which one you want to play.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 29 2021, 01:23 PM
Post #47

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes, you are right - it should not be an issue for playing, after all you can just make a shortcut to start up the appropriate version of Oblivion, and in fact I do this already. But it doesn't work for TES4ll and similar tools that "automatically know" where your Oblivion is located. They all automatically get it wrong, and I can't find the environment variable in the registry that they are using.

But never mind, this is just an aside. Not needed for playing! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 29 2021, 01:29 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

You can get around the issue with TES4ll and the like by simply renaming your game installs. Use the name C:\Oblivion for whatever one you are currently playing. Then others something like C:\OblivionElsewyr, C:\OblivionValenwood, etc... When you swap out the load order and ini files, simply change the name of your main game folder as well.

It is a lot of juggling however.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 29 2021, 01:36 PM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes, this is exactly what I ended up doing. When I first installed GOG Oblivion, I picked the Galaxy version installed in C:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Oblivion. Then later I changed my mind and switched to a plain GOG version - installed via GOG in C:\Games\GOG\Oblivion. I then uninstalled Galaxy still using official tools. But when I installed TES4ll later, it kept looking for Oblivion in GOG Galaxy folder even though that whole folder was long gone from my computer. I had to rename things to recreate the original path used for Galaxy! It makes no difference for playing as long as you keep the shortcuts up to date, but it is rather annoying - and a lot of juggling.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 30 2021, 05:50 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

Fetching Archers!!!

Balmora Pride Week

Sneaky Stormcrow

A storm is coming in

Meeting Mr. Goodyear

Spying out the Bitter Coast

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 30 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 30 2021, 10:50 AM) *

That's an odd and probably painful way to collect arrows.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 30 2021, 07:33 PM
Post #52

Paladin
Group Icon

Fetching archers gives a whole new meaning to the term ‘Bowgirl’. ohmy.gif

Aww, a rainbow over January – how appropriate!

A storm is coming in and her name is Crow!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 6 2021, 10:47 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

macole: It is similar to the way making yourself magnetic helps in attracting bullets...

Acadian: January is a rainbow crow. A RainCrow.

Fetching Archers Again!

Jan's got her night vision goggles on

Storm vs. Blizzard

January flies in from out of town

Read any good books lately?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 7 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #54

Paladin
Group Icon

I like January's doo. The arrows don't add much though. tongue.gif

NVGs and the ability to fly - pretty handy, I'd say.

A very nice night sky with the moon twins on display.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 8 2021, 09:10 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

January just finished the entire Imperial Cult questline in Morroblivion. Like a lot of faction questlines, there was a lot of fetch quests early on, mostly for alchemical ingredients. But also for donations, which was interesting. But by the time I started it January was richer than Croesus, so she just instantly paid for it all herself. The later quests were fun though. A lot of rescue missions and smiting evildoers. The sort of thing January can really sink her wings into.

Now she is level 17, has a fame of 28, and is about to visit Caius Cosades to get started on the main quest. Only 46 hours and 40 minutes into the game! laugh.gif

I might do most of the Imperial Legion quests with her as well. She is not much of an army girl. But the idea of doing the Legion + Imperial Cult sort of creates a paladin gameplay, which is definitely up her alley. I skimmed over the Legion quests, and did not like some. Those distasteful ones are all from a single questgiver, so I might just never do those. I am sure that means she can never finish the questline. But it ends with you fighting the current head of the Morrowind Legion in a duel to the death. Which January would never do anyhow. So that is not really a problem.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 10 2021, 06:00 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

January has a new outfit

Having the high ground won't save him

Shocking

Hi fellow Nord girl

Skellapocalypse

Skellapocalypse 2: Too skelly, Too furious

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 10 2021, 07:47 PM
Post #57

Paladin
Group Icon

Having the high ground won’t save him from the Storm below.

Skeletons, skeletons and more skeletons!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 13 2021, 12:16 PM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

You know, it always makes me wonder where the skellies keep their loot. I mean, when you kill some, they often turn out to have additional weapons, gems or money on them, but for the life of me I can't figure out where they're hiding them. Jewellery still makes sense somewhat, but everything else... it's just odd. wacko.gif

Good job tackling those skellies, January! Although Lena prefers a mace on such occasions even though her skill with blunt weapons is rather low. But it seems you don't need much skill for that - a heavy blunt object colliding with a pile of bones... Boom! biggrin.gif (Or am I confusing it with a mod or another game? I don't remember! laugh.gif In some games/mods it makes more of a difference than in others.)

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 17 2021, 05:52 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: Everyone has a bone to pick with January...

Lena Wolf: Maybe skeletons keep their gold coins slotted between each of their vertebrae?

I don't think the Elder Scrolls games care about what you attack skeletons with. D&D had bladed weapons do half damage, and I think piercing ones do none.

Sunset on the Bitter Coast

Crystal power

Dreaming of Anvil

The ion cannon will fire several shots to make sure any enemy ships will be out of your flight path.

Party Time!

On the lookout for danger

A little eye of newt... A little tongue of bat...

I visited the Dwemer ruins and all I got was this stupid postcard

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 17 2021, 06:43 PM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

The armor kit January has is really nice. I was going to ask where your got it from then I remembered you're playing MorroBlivion. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:10 AM