Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do I put a horse in a stable?, Unicorn,to be more specific
HyPN0
post Apr 1 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

OK,this might sound very stupid,but how do i put my horse in a stable?My Unicorn allways wonders of when i unmount him.I tryed to speak with the stable owner,but there is no ''leave horse'' option.Also,can i make my horse to ''wait'' for me?I can't relly on it if it allways wonders of.

Thanx in advance

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Foster
post Apr 1 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

Have you tried fast travelling into the city? That would give you the 'your horse has been put in the stable outside' or whatever caption and you'd find him in the stable automatically when you leave the city.

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 1 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Foster @ Apr 1 2006, 08:56 PM)
Have you tried fast travelling into the city? That would give you the 'your horse has been put in the stable outside' or whatever caption and you'd find him in the stable automatically when you leave the city.

I have just tryed your sugestion.
Didn't work.It really did say ''Your horse is in front of the city'' or something like that.But when i went to the stable the Unicorn isn't there.

sad.gif Man this is not good
How could the devs miss this?

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Foster
post Apr 1 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

C'est la autre vie dans Tamriel.

Sorry I couldn't help. As for missing... I don't know. One thing in a world this big, this rich, this beautiful, this in depth... it's forgivable.

Just thought... this isn't using the Call steed mod, is it? It's an actual in game problem? Because if it's using the mod I guess that might not be supported.

This post has been edited by Foster: Apr 1 2006, 09:23 PM

--------------------
I hate the mice from Bagpuss. Never trust rodents with DIY skills.

"We will fix it, we will fix, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new new."

::SQUISH::
+Quote Post
MarkII
post Apr 2 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #5

Evoker

uh, well i dont know if this would apply as i dont know anything about a unicorn (im not that far into the game yet, im still using that priors paint horse) but it generally stays in the right area. and as for stables, just open the gate or jump the fence and it should be locked in there until you get back

unless of course some idiot npc comes along and opens the gate, which ive seen happen.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 2 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(MarkII @ Apr 2 2006, 02:24 AM)
unless of course some idiot npc comes along and opens the gate, which ive seen happen.

Yeah,that happens a lot.But the biger problem is that the horse wonders of wherever i leave him.I mean,i can't leave him in front of dungeon i am about to venture..........If i do so,he will just wanish,and i don't have a Unicorn.........I don't know what to do......Damn,Bethesda should have thought of this!If i can't relly on my horse,what's the point?

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 2 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

The devs didn't miss anything, that's not how the game works. The horse does not literally go to the stable, it goes outside the city. Unicorns and stolen horses wander off the moment you dismount them, so they don't stay there. The way I do it is when I want to leave a city I fast travel to the stables and my horse is usually there, but only if it's a horse I own, it's never there if I wander from the gate to the stable either. If I do that, it's at the gate.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
1234king
post Apr 2 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

where did you find the unicorn?

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 2 2006, 05:57 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

You get lucky.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 2 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Apr 2 2006, 04:17 AM)
The devs didn't miss anything, that's not how the game works.  The horse does not literally go to the stable, it goes outside the city.  Unicorns and stolen horses wander off the moment you dismount them, so they don't stay there.  The way I do it is when I want to leave a city I fast travel to the stables and my horse is usually there, but only if it's a horse I own, it's never there if I wander from the gate to the stable either.  If I do that, it's at the gate.

What o meant to say is:How could they miss this?So if i work my boat of and find the Unicorn he is useles?Sure i can ride him,but if i go into a dungeon:Bye,bye Unicorn.I mean cammon.....That's crap!I want the Unicorn!The only use of him i can remember right now is to kill him and take his horn.......Still i think that Unicorn himeslf is more valuable to me......But him wondering of annoys me to the bone......

So yes,the devs DID miss this......Unless there is something that i don't know

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 2 2006, 12:48 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(1234king @ Apr 2 2006, 05:24 AM)
where did you find the unicorn?

I made a screenshot for you.

user posted image

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Million
post Apr 2 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #12

Retainer

OK, first of all is that the real glass armor or the cerimonial stuff? and if you can ride the unicorn, just get on it fast travel to the imperial city and it should say "your horse has been stabled outside the city gate" and then just go out and it shouldnt be far from there. My horse wanders a bit too but he always is in the same general location.

--------------------
Name: Maximus
Race: Nord
Sign: Shadow
Master in: Blade, Bow
Factions: Champion of Cyrodiil, Listener, Grand Champion,Head of Theives guild,
Played Hours: 103
Level: 34
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Apr 2 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Million @ Apr 2 2006, 04:00 PM)
OK, first of all is that the real glass armor or the cerimonial stuff? and if you can ride the unicorn, just get on it fast travel to the imperial city and it should say "your horse has been stabled outside the city gate" and then just go out and it shouldnt be far from there. My horse wanders a bit too but he always is in the same general location.

It's real glass.......When you are over level 20 it becomes quite common on bandits......Try poking some caves.......

And that doesn't work.But it doesn't metter now.I just got an answer on another forum that Unicorn is not intended for mounting.....It's a quest creature......

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:49 PM