213 Pages V « < 180 181 182 183 184 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Lopov
post Oct 10 2019, 11:42 AM
Post #3621

Master
Group Icon

Yesterday as Shonta was returning to the Bleakrock village, we saw a guard pursuing one of the players. We arrived too late to see what Josef (that was the guy's name, I managed to read it) did to piss of the guards. He was running out of the village, but couldn't escape the guard, she was after him with leaping jumps, beating him relentlessly. After one final jump and beating Josef disappeared, I assume, he "died".

I'll probably witness more such scenes in the future, but it was funny seeing it for the first time.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 10 2019, 04:10 PM
Post #3622

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 10 2019, 06:42 AM) *

Yesterday as Shonta was returning to the Bleakrock village, we saw a guard pursuing one of the players. We arrived too late to see what Josef (that was the guy's name, I managed to read it) did to piss of the guards. He was running out of the village, but couldn't escape the guard, she was after him with leaping jumps, beating him relentlessly. After one final jump and beating Josef disappeared, I assume, he "died".

I'll probably witness more such scenes in the future, but it was funny seeing it for the first time.

laugh.gif Yes, don't ever jump in to help the Player; or they will be after you next and you will be killed and get a bounty and have to hide out in the wilderness till it is gone. The Guards in this game cannot be killed by Players.

Usually when the Guards are after someone it is because they were caught doing something on the list below: (so you know what to avoid doing)

* Pick-pocketing
* Stealing
* Attacking or killing an NPC

* Turning into a werewolf in front of an NPC or feeding on someone as a werewolf

* Feeding on someone or biting someone's neck as a vampire

* Performing illegal Necromancy acts in view of NPC's.

I personally get the guards after me for inadvertently hitting the "R" key when trying to do something = setting off my Ultimate and it hits an NPC and either kills them or just injures them. Next thing I know the whole town is after me.

Well - to circumvent this the game has a setting (Escape key, then I think it is under "Gameplay.") = that stops you from killing innocents. That way whenever you accidentally set off your ultimate or swish your blade and it hits someone = it doesn't hurt innocents. I do use that on some of my characters (the ones that aren't carrying the Blade of Woe).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 10 2019, 04:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 10 2019, 04:13 PM
Post #3623

Councilor
Group Icon

We just passed the 2.5M gold mark, on our way to buying a title manor house. Blossom is insisting we get the Daggerfall Overlook, as she wants to be seen as a proper Lady (and besides, it's the cheapest tongue.gif ).

We're making 50K a day from crafting, so that's less than a month away if we don't falter. The Master Writs coming in are helping us save up vouchers for stations for the guild, too, but we already filled our storage chest with ones we can't do yet. I may have to send some of those out for other members to make. Any volunteers?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 10 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #3624

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 10 2019, 11:13 AM) *

We just passed the 2.5M gold mark, on our way to buying a title manor house. Blossom is insisting we get the Daggerfall Overlook, as she wants to be seen as a proper Lady (and besides, it's the cheapest tongue.gif ).

We're making 50K a day from crafting, so that's less than a month away if we don't falter. The Master Writs coming in are helping us save up vouchers for stations for the guild, too, but we already filled our storage chest with ones we can't do yet. I may have to send some of those out for other members to make. Any volunteers?

Wow, Congrats on having a lucrative crafting team! That is amazing!

I used to have 5 crafters bringing in 25,000 per day; but respec'd one of them to play as a Magicka Nightblade (Lita, who you met at the last Guild Meet) and she didn't have enough skill points to both play AND craft. So now I'm down to only 20,000 per day income from crafting. verysad.gif

All of my characters are at level 50 in all crafting skills; but half of them don't have enough free Skill Points available to sink into both crafting skills and combat.. (So technically; the crafters don't play; the Players don't craft = except Misa; my main character. She has every skill point in the game, so can craft at top level and fight to her best ability too).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 10 2019, 04:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 10 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #3625

Councilor
Group Icon

The nice thing is that the gold part of the reward for a crafting writ just depends on character level, so Spreads doing a Rank 1 smithing writ gets the same cash reward as Laurie doing a Rank 10 one. The other returns are leveled to the writ, but not the gold. Let 'em all craft!

I'm in much the same position of all being at level 50, but some not having invested the skill points in all the crafts. Everyone is top-rank in some of the skills, especially Provisioning, so they can make their own food when it runs low. But my Bosmer is leery of Woodworking, and is low-level in that, etc. Laurie and Blossom are the only ones that are completely at top rank, with each of the others lagging on some skill or other - mostly Jewelry, as we got Summerset as DLC.

They all just about have their combat skills fully invested, so when there is time for skyshard collection, the points go into crafting ranks. I don't bother allocating points to the other passives, as Laurie can do all the refining etc. from the bank or the craft bag. She was making all the food, too, but it's better if the others can do that in the field, and handing down the recipes has got us there in time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 12 2019, 03:22 AM
Post #3626

Master
Group Icon

Athynae reached her level 50 (and so now CP 334 or so). Hrolf started on her Stamblade gear- mix of Night Mother and Hunding's. She is wearing 2 pieces at the moment- the only 2 he could improve to Epic. The others are on hold as is the jewelry until Trey can reach 50 in bauble crafting.

Need to get to Wrothgar to get the Ancient Orc motif for Hrolf to finish a Master Writ. He did a bit of "quest-log clearing." Which is hard because his controller has this... OCD tendency to see a new quest marker and want to "just see what it's about."

Trey is deconning jewelry as the others feed it to him.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 13 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #3627

Master
Group Icon

@ghastley: you can send any master writs you can't do to me . . . Maz has accumulated so much motif knowledge that she can do almost any armor/weapon in almost any style. Be warned, however, we trash any jewelry master writs that require us to use trait stones we don't have plenty of (such as triune) and costs a fortune on the guild traders.

It's great to read the progress our guilds are making in the game, and to remember how long it took me to get Maz to Grand Master Crafter. She is very proud of her accomplishments in this game and has the banners to show for it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 14 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #3628

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 13 2019, 02:00 PM) *

@ghastley: you can send any master writs you can't do to me . . . Maz has accumulated so much motif knowledge that she can do almost any armor/weapon in almost any style. Be warned, however, we trash any jewelry master writs that require us to use trait stones we don't have plenty of (such as triune) and costs a fortune on the guild traders.

It's great to read the progress our guilds are making in the game, and to remember how long it took me to get Maz to Grand Master Crafter. She is very proud of her accomplishments in this game and has the banners to show for it!

We have a large stock of writs that are only 5 vouchers or so, and not worth buying a page for. At least, not while the "make Blossom a Lady" campaign is under way. The few others are the Nirnhoned weapon ones, where the Potent just hasn't dropped for us yet. We'll keep those, as we do Craglorn surveys quite frequently, so our chances are decent.

There's also a significant number of the Provisioning writs for the rare recipes. These are more tempting to buy the recipes, as that would let us do quite a few at once, but since the recipes are supposed to drop from doing the regular writs, we're being patient. We have most of the recipes for those, but we're missing three or four, so those are the writs we keep getting. laugh.gif

On that subject, the Guild Bank now has all seven Psijic Ambrosia fragments again. We just deposited VI.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 14 2019, 02:36 PM
Post #3629

Ancient
Group Icon

What does Psijic Ambrosia do again?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 14 2019, 02:52 PM
Post #3630

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 14 2019, 09:36 AM) *

It gives you something like + 50 percent boost in XP gains for a certain amount of time; but the recipe calls for a Perfect Roe.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 14 2019, 02:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 14 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #3631

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 14 2019, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 14 2019, 09:36 AM) *

It gives you something like + 50 percent boost in XP gains for a certain amount of time; but the recipe calls for a Perfect Roe.

And it's sometimes needed for a Provisioning Master Writ, so worth having it on at least one character per account. Perfect Roe is a random rare drop from fish skinning, you don't have to do anything special to get it, unless you consider fishing exceptional.

XP boosts are useful when you're raising a new character, but the number of scrolls from log-in rewards has made the Ambrosia a bit pointless for that, except for the fact that it can stack with a scroll. Once you're at CP cap, it gets a bit moot, anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 15 2019, 02:17 PM
Post #3632

Councilor
Group Icon

I sent a bunch of small smithing writs over to haute for Maz to do, as I didn't know the motifs. And then I got another one in the next round for 86 vouchers, more than double the total for the six I'd passed on.

Half-way to the next station already!

(I have at least twenty more of the small ones, I can only send six at a time by mail, as they don't stack. I may have to put them in the bank instead).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 15 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #3633

Master
Group Icon

Shonta Quassan got beaten today over and over by some giant blue mudcrab west of Stonefalls. Later on, as he was being revived, two more players attacked the mudcrab. Shonta Quassan joined the fight but TBH I'm not sure if he dealt any damage to it at all, the other two players, that were both above Lvl 400, seemed to dealt with the mudcrab on their own. When it died, we got an achievement.

The blue mudcrab was definitely much more difficult to bring down than anything we've come across so far. Later on I googled it up and read that it's supposed to be a boss of sorts.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 15 2019, 10:11 PM
Post #3634

Councilor
Group Icon

That's right. The giant one has 100x your hitpoints, and also does some serious damage when he hits you. The overland world bosses are all like that, and intended for whole groups of players to take on together. When you have the maximum Champion Points, you may be able to do them solo. Players that can do that will have softened them up with ranged abilities, and hit them with various debuffs to lower their damage output, before they get close enough to need to dodge.

And at that level, you find it hard to get one to yourself to make a solo attempt, as everyone nearby will come and help (to share the achievement). tongue.gif I've only managed one, but apparently Buffy makes a habit of it.

The guild often collects the scalps of all the world bosses in a zone, when we have more than four players. Four is the limit for a group dungeon (twelve for a trial). If there are five or six, World Bosses are good sport.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 15 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #3635

Master
Group Icon

We sent Athynae into Wrothgar to search for some motifs that seem otherwise unobtainable.

She survived one daily (with a lot of help from a random stranger) and has done several side quests, because I can't ignore quest markers.

However, the game has experienced 4 CTDs so far today, as well as a lock/lag in the middle of a fight in a cavern. Not a public dungeon or otherwise highly dense area- just Athynae and an ogre.... Hope tomorrow's "server maintenance" will remedy these issues....

Hrolf was able to complete the Hunding's Rage bow for Athynae and get it to Legendary- and Trey added the recommended enchantment. I think that gets Athynae to 3 legendary pieces of gear, with the rest at epic and waiting on the tempers to drop for improvement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 16 2019, 02:21 AM
Post #3636

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 15 2019, 04:11 PM) *

That's right. The giant one has 100x your hitpoints, and also does some serious damage when he hits you. The overland world bosses are all like that, and intended for whole groups of players to take on together. When you have the maximum Champion Points, you may be able to do them solo. Players that can do that will have softened them up with ranged abilities, and hit them with various debuffs to lower their damage output, before they get close enough to need to dodge.

And at that level, you find it hard to get one to yourself to make a solo attempt, as everyone nearby will come and help (to share the achievement). tongue.gif I've only managed one, but apparently Buffy makes a habit of it.

The guild often collects the scalps of all the world bosses in a zone, when we have more than four players. Four is the limit for a group dungeon (twelve for a trial). If there are five or six, World Bosses are good sport.

Shellcracker!!

Also, don’t forget that the upcoming Witches Festival is a really good time to get those World Boss achievements since a lot of people will be trying to kill them for Plunder Skulls.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 16 2019, 07:18 AM
Post #3637

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 15 2019, 11:11 PM) *
The overland world bosses are all like that, and intended for whole groups of players to take on together.

Good to know!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 16 2019, 03:21 AM) *
Shellcracker!!

Also, don’t forget that the upcoming Witches Festival is a really good time to get those World Boss achievements since a lot of people will be trying to kill them for Plunder Skulls.

Do these bosses respawn?

I'm looking forward to this year's festival.

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 16 2019, 11:48 AM
Post #3638

Master
Group Icon

Yes- they respawn with some frequency. You will see people in world chat requesting "Need help with Graufang" (or similar). That usually means they are near a world boss and cannot solo it.

The map marker is a handy skull with crossed swords behind it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 16 2019, 02:32 PM
Post #3639

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 16 2019, 01:18 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 16 2019, 03:21 AM) *
Shellcracker!!

Do these bosses respawn?

I'm looking forward to this year's festival.

Aye, as Treydoggiedog confirmed the world bosses do respawn at regular intervals. During the Witches festival, make sure you request to join a group at any world boss spawn point so you can be assured of getting loot from its corpse. No doubt at least a few of your guildies will be on so see if any of us can help.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 16 2019, 02:32 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 16 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #3640

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 15 2019, 04:32 PM) *

Shonta Quassan got beaten today over and over by some giant blue mudcrab west of Stonefalls. Later on, as he was being revived, two more players attacked the mudcrab. Shonta Quassan joined the fight but TBH I'm not sure if he dealt any damage to it at all, the other two players, that were both above Lvl 400, seemed to dealt with the mudcrab on their own. When it died, we got an achievement.

The blue mudcrab was definitely much more difficult to bring down than anything we've come across so far. Later on I googled it up and read that it's supposed to be a boss of sorts.

Yeah; that Blue Mudcrab is a World Boss in Stonefalls. There are two more, one is Three Netches together next to a large Fort; the other is a giant Scrib on a hill near Davon's Watch. Like Ghastley said = World Bosses are meant for a group or Buffy to attack, lol.

(and just as Treydoggie said = look on your map; all the World Bosses show on your map as a "Skull" with the crossed swords behind it).

My characters are all Level 810; and not one of them can solo that Blue Mudcrab! It still kills them repeatedly even with a group helping. My Tank is the only one who can survive the entire fight with him, and even she HAS to go in Tanking gear to survive it. (but the Tank doesn't have the power to kill it solo).

What kills you with that Blue Crab is some kind of "AoE" (Area of Effect) = as if he is putting out invisible poisonous gas. Most Bosses in this game give some kind of sign right before they use their AoE; but I have yet to be able to catch what the Blue Mudcrab is doing right before his AoE - and it covers a huge area. Not sure if you can block it or roll dodge to avoid it; so it always kills me. Bring a stack of Soul Gems when fighting him (to resurrect with) - even if you have others there fighting with you.

(Acadian's Buffy can actually solo it, and she does it just for fun and exercise! I don't know how she does it!)

If you need Soul Gems; check the Guild Bank; there should be some in there. If not, I'll put some in.

Also, if you put points into your "Soul" skill line passives and carry empty Soul Gems around with you - whatever you kill will fill those empty ones up; and you will keep your stock of Soul Gems up as you adventure. (you will def need them).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 16 2019, 05:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 180 181 182 183 184 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:03 AM