I'm terrified of them. [ 1 ] ** [2.70%]
Total Votes: 37
Guests cannot vote 
Decrepit
post Feb 15 2021, 12:07 AM
Post #121

Master
Group Icon

What a day! Just after breakfast electricity began cutting out for about 4 sec at regular intervals. Those intervals were far enough apart to not interfere with my day, except they were too close together to allow computer/internet use. This persisted until a let for groceries about 1515. I returned home to find no further periodic brief outages. So far. <crosses fingers>

The grocery run wasn't all that bad except for being super cold. Near zero degrees coldness. Glad I braved it, as the rest of the week is even worse than today up until Saturday. Not only super cold but expected snows. On the debit side, Walmart was out of Wowbutter (can't be substituted) and the mouthwash I always use (I substituted), and didn't have any apples I was willing to pay for.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 15 2021, 01:01 PM
Post #122

Master
Group Icon

Yesterday evening's computer use didn't last long. After pinning the above post, I played TpF1 for maybe 20min. Then brief, periodic outages reappeared. After the first, I shut everything down and retired to sofa for the day, there to read until falling asleep. The issue seems to have resolved itself maybe 30min prior to when I usually take a sleeping pill (if I do) and don CPAP equipment. Up until that point, I assumed I'd need to forgo CPAP. Not sure why, but Entergy never phoned me about these outages, as they used to always do.

Today - Wednesday are our theoretically scary winter storm days. Up to 8 inches today, a break tomorrow, then up to 5 inches Wednesday. (Up until a few days ago snowfall was predicted to be considerably lighter.) With grocery shopping out of the way, I'm good to go, barring lengthy power outages. <crosses fingers>

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 15 2021, 01:20 PM
Post #123

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm glad you're stocked up on chow so you don't have to out. Hope your electricity holds up.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 15 2021, 02:24 PM
Post #124

Master
Group Icon

Thanks

Only 0725ish and our street has basically disappeared, marked only by mailboxes.

Lunchtime addendum:
Eyeballing the weather outside, it looks as if we have about four inches snow accumulation, with hours more to come. I spell looming outages. Entergy's site says they expect our worst days to be Wed/Thur, not today.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 15 2021, 05:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 15 2021, 06:22 PM
Post #125

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 15 2021, 06:01 AM) *

Today - Wednesday are our theoretically scary winter storm days. Up to 8 inches today, a break tomorrow, then up to 5 inches Wednesday. (Up until a few days ago snowfall was predicted to be considerably lighter.) With grocery shopping out of the way, I'm good to go, barring lengthy power outages. <crosses fingers>

Same here. A windy, 3degree F or -16C day. Good for staying in and doing taxes. But I still have to take the dog for a walk.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 15 2021, 08:40 PM
Post #126

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Feb 15 2021, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 15 2021, 06:01 AM) *

Same here. A windy, 3degree F or -16C day. Good for staying in and doing taxes. But I still have to take the dog for a walk.

<nods> Having done taxes the other day I don't that to fall back on. Just as well, as I don't trust power reliability. Don't want TurboTax to eat my return. My bro called a few minutes ago. His supervisor drove him to work so he could work warranty-claims. Another superior drove him home afterwards. He says they'll tow his car to the dealership for battery replacement, assuming that's what it needs, first day they're able to open the 'shop'. He took a snow reading a little before he called. 5 1/2 inches. (I guessed five.) It's still coming down heavily, and we've hours to go. Me, I'm not setting foot out of the house except to check mail. I'll wait until at least 1430, assuming it'll take them longer than usual to make their rounds.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 18 2021, 03:50 PM
Post #127

Master
Group Icon

Snow finally moved out of my local area around daylight today, maybe a little later. Lots of accumulation yesterday. No outage, thank goodness. Not yet. We're not out of the woods yet. It won't climb above freezes for several more days.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 17 2021, 01:35 PM
Post #128

Master
Group Icon

<sighs> Looks like tornado season has begun in earnest. Significant threat of severe storms throughout the day, with possibility of isolated tornados beginning later on.

0820 - We're now in a short-lived trough. Next round will contain storms with hail possibility. No tornado threat with it, as of now. That's later.

0930 - As of now, it looks like 'bad' storms in the next wave will pass just to the east of us as it heads north. We are still subject to heavy rains and wind. The tornado threat is still scheduled for this evening.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 17 2021, 06:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 17 2021, 03:48 PM
Post #129

Councilor
Group Icon

Decrepit that's weird you got snow all the way down there. You are in Florida, right?

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 8 2018, 03:33 PM) *

Got some thunder this weekend, followed by some rain (!) which was much needed to say the least.

Wow, you get thunder / lightning all the way up in Scandinavia?

I remember when I lived on the west coast.... Portland / Seattle area, this is further north than Maryland (where I live now). We never had thunderstorms on the west coast except for this ONE time. I remember there was this huge thunder clap one day just before it rained. So it's odd you'd have thunderstorms up where you are, Crow. Pretty sure you're even farther north.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 17 2021, 03:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 17 2021, 06:04 PM
Post #130

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sure, we have 'em up here too, Renee. That's where the mythology of Thor came from; when throwing his hammer it created the thunder and lightning.

The More You Know™

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 18 2021, 12:42 AM
Post #131

Master
Group Icon

With any luck <crosses fingers> today's ongoing nasty weather will continue passing just to the east of us on its way north. No more than a mile or two away if the weather map is accurate. A slight, brief shift of wind and we're in the thick of it. At least one more bout of storms passes through later tonight, but its severity is questionable. Mississippi and Alabama seem to have gotten the worst of it this time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2021, 01:27 AM
Post #132

Ancient
Group Icon

I hate Spring.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 18 2021, 02:08 AM
Post #133

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 17 2021, 07:27 PM) *

I hate Spring.
Me too. It's my least favorite season. Winter might be my overall favorite, excepting THIS winter, with its rare severe ice/snow storm and super low temps. Summers are next best, except these days they are normally far too hot, which brings their score down a few notches. (Were I younger, I could tolerate the heat better.) Autumn? Hmmm... storms then too, but not normally as bad as spring.

All things considered, my best to worst is, during a 'normal' year: Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring. Then again, should I have to start mowing my yard again Summer drops below Autumn.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2021, 02:14 AM
Post #134

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 17 2021, 08:08 PM) *

I hate Spring.
Me too. It's my least favorite season. Winter might be my overall favorite, excepting THIS winter, with its rare severe ice/snow storm and super low temps. Summers are next best, except these days they are normally far too hot, which brings their score down a few notches. (Were I younger, I could tolerate the heat better.) Autumn? Hmmm... storms then too, but not normally as bad as spring.

All things considered, my best to worst is, during a 'normal' year: Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring. Then again, should I have to start mowing my yard again Summer drops below Autumn.

I find that the older I get, the more I appreciate Winter. Ours are *usually* pretty mild. My favorite seasons go Autumn, Winter, Summer, Spring.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 18 2021, 12:16 PM
Post #135

Paladin
Group Icon

Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter here. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2021, 01:24 PM
Post #136

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 18 2021, 06:16 AM) *

Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter here. smile.gif

You live in the American Southwest, right A?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 18 2021, 04:26 PM
Post #137

Paladin
Group Icon

@Khajiit, yes, in the black mountains south of, and looking down into, Las Vegas, NV. I enjoy spring, autumn and summer here. Happy as a torchbug in amber at 100 degrees because it is so dry. Don't like the cold though so winter's a distant 4th place. Had an inch of snow a couple weeks ago!

I've lived in lots of places and learned long ago that, for me, dry air rules. Pensacola and Washington DC were among the most miserable climates I've seen (in the US) due to the humidity.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 18 2021, 05:04 PM
Post #138

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 18 2021, 10:26 AM) *

@Khajiit, yes, in the black mountains south of, and looking down into, Las Vegas, NV. I enjoy spring, autumn and summer here. Happy as a torchbug in amber at 100 degrees because it is so dry. Don't like the cold though so winter's a distant 4th place. Had an inch of snow a couple weeks ago!

I've lived in lots of places and learned long ago that, for me, dry air rules. Pensacola and Washington DC were among the most miserable climates I've seen (in the US) due to the humidity.

Nice! I’ve always wanted to visit the Southwest. The future Mrs. Khajiit has been to New Mexico and has vowed to take me there some day. Sadly, I have no desire to go to Vegas, lol.

Also, you would hate it where Khajiit lives. Very humid!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2021, 05:27 PM
Post #139

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't hate any seasons, but I do dislike summer sometimes. Humid weather, yuck. Edit: Acadian knows what I'm talking about.

From most favorite to least favorite I am like: Autumn > Winter > Spring > Summer. cool.gif Winter for me includes plenty of coldness and snow. I do not like the milder winters we had in 2019 and 2020. nono.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 18 2021, 11:26 AM) *

Don't like the cold though so winter's a distant 4th place. Had an inch of snow a couple weeks ago!

Next time you can just will all your snow / cold weather my way. smile.gif Say a little prayer: send this 'bad' weather Renee's way!

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 18 2021, 05:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 18 2021, 05:33 PM
Post #140

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 18 2021, 02:08 AM) *

I hate Spring.
Me too.

Me three. It's so bleak and boring when the white's gone and before the green starts to appear. But then it's happy times! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:58 PM