Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Mod Questions
Renee
post Apr 12 2015, 03:20 PM
Post #41

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Apr 12 2015, 03:39 AM) *

Was it a one-time occurrence or moose in general attack Claire?

I've been using Real Wildlife which adds some new subspecies of animals as well, both hostile and non-hostile, however it's possible for non-hostile creatures to get aggressive if they get attacked and have to defend themselves. What I'm saying is, that it's possible that some other critter or enemy attacked and provoked these animals, that's why they're now aggressive towards Claire.

"I figured it out". biggrin.gif That was my motto for the year 2014, and it still pertains in 2015.

All I had to do was set the Moose's Awareness from Cautious to Cowardly, so it flees instead of stands its guard. I want to tweak this further though, because a large, 700-pound moose (or whatever they weigh) isn't going to just flee from a skimpy, 130-pound, snotty little elf. Ideally, the moose would just stand there, so I'm going to see if there are other options. I also want to see I there's anything which removes all the freeking bears in this game, especially in The Rift. XD There shouldn't be so many damn bears, and hardly anything for them to eat.

I read about Real Wildlife, but I'm trying not to add any more hostile creatures, and instead only focus on peaceful ones. That's how wildlife should be, lots of non-hostile critters, with only a few predators at the top of the food chain. New Animals & Fixes adds some hostile animals, but it focuses mainly on adding female versions of hostiles, and merely tweaks some of the males a bit.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 12 2015, 03:28 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 12 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 12 2015, 09:20 AM) *

All I had to do was set the Moose's Awareness from Cautious to Cowardly, so it flees instead of stands its guard. I want to tweak this further though, because a large, 700-pound moose (or whatever they weigh) isn't going to just flee from a skimpy, 130-pound, snotty little elf.

Male moose typically weigh about 1000 pounds, though they can reach 1500 lbs. By comparison, white-tailed deer so prevalent around the US Midwest weigh in at about 300 lbs for the males and 125 lbs for the females (which explains why Errol Flynn can carry a full-grown buck across his shoulders - properly gutted of course). Horses in Cyrodiil typically run between 750 for Slof's and vanilla horses and 1500 lbs for Zira's horses. Skyrim horses are roughly between 1500 to 2000 lbs - they are heavy draft horses, after all.

Just sayin'. wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 13 2015, 12:20 AM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

Yowza, well I was only off by ... 800 pounds. *whistles*

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 28 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

This is not a mod question but an answer. Today I figured out how to make water transparent when viewed from above it and looking down into it. Go to WorldData -> WaterType, and you will see about two dozen different water entries. Open any one of them and go to the Fog Properties tab. Make sure the Above Water setting is toggled.

The two sliders to pay the most attention to are Fog Distance - Near Plane and Fog Distance - Far Plane. For water to be transparent from above, the Far Plane value has to be higher than the Near Plane. It does not take much. A little bit goes a long way here. Using the numbers rather than moving the sliders with the mouse works best here. I found that keeping the Near Plane at 0.0000 and the Far Plane at 300.0000 gives a nice amount of transparency. It is enough that you can see the bottom in places where the water is shallow enough to wade through without having to swim.

The Fog Amount also can be changed, but I found the value here did not make a huge difference. I wound up setting it all the way down to 0, and I still have quite a bit of fog in all the deeper area.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 28 2015, 01:52 AM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

You're talking about going into the CK, right?

I opened it up the other day for the first time. blink.gif Yowza! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to navigate the darn thing, let alone look up a value for a specific quest!

Guess I have to find a good CK tutorial . . . rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 30 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

Has anyone used the Skyrim magical effects for Reflect Damage (Heavy Armor perk) or Absorb Spell (Atronach Stone/Perk) to re-create the spells they took away? Mellewen, being a Psijic acolyte, would like some more Mysticism spells/enchantments to go with her Absorb Health. Those two would be better as enchantments than spells, but "cast on self" would work as alternatives to the mage armour spells.

I may also create the Elemental Shield spells for her, which would work like Stoneflesh etc. but combine specific resistance to one element with the base defense, with each component being a bit lower. E.g. Stoneflesh gives 60 defense, whereas IceFlesh could provide 50 general defense + x points of resist frost. X wouldn't be 50, as the defense points cap at 576, not 85. Duration would stay the same. Mage Armour perk would affect only physical defense part. Magic resist would stack with Magic Resistance perk.

It would be fun to try and add a whole Mysticism skill tree, but I'm not sure I'm up for that.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 30 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 27 2015, 08:52 PM) *

I opened it up the other day for the first time. blink.gif Yowza! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to navigate the darn thing, let alone look up a value for a specific quest!

The basics have not changed from the Oblivion Construction Set. So the TES Construction Set Wiki is still relevant for things like the difference between an .esp and .esm file, how to save files, and so forth. The Creation Kit is a good starting point for Skyrim specific stuff. Think of it as a user manual for the Creation Kit. It describes what everything does, and has many tutorials on things such as how to create a merchant, and so on.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 30 2015, 04:15 PM) *

Has anyone used the Skyrim magical effects for Reflect Damage (Heavy Armor perk) or Absorb Spell (Atronach Stone/Perk) to re-create the spells they took away? Mellewen, being a Psijic acolyte, would like some more Mysticism spells/enchantments to go with her Absorb Health. Those two would be better as enchantments than spells, but "cast on self" would work as alternatives to the mage armour spells.

I may also create the Elemental Shield spells for her, which would work like Stoneflesh etc. but combine specific resistance to one element with the base defense, with each component being a bit lower. E.g. Stoneflesh gives 60 defense, whereas IceFlesh could provide 50 general defense + x points of resist frost. X wouldn't be 50, as the defense points cap at 576, not 85. Duration would stay the same. Mage Armour perk would affect only physical defense part. Magic resist would stack with Magic Resistance perk.

It would be fun to try and add a whole Mysticism skill tree, but I'm not sure I'm up for that.

I cnanot say I ever tried them. The elemental shields sound like wonderful ideas.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 30 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

I haven’t but I second SubRosa in that these sound like wonderful ideas. For the longest time I actually thought that the flesh spells provided some magic resistance as well as the AR increase.

I’ve been meaning to take a crack at an Absorb Spell enchantment to recreate Jerric’s ring of Hump You Fetching Mages. I’ll see what I can come up with tomorrow. (Right now there is a growler of mosaic pale ale calling my name.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 1 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, here’s a start. I made a spell absorption spell and enchantment and put them on a ring and a novice level Alteration spell. The enchantment can be placed on the same items as Resist Magic. Everything in the CK can be found by searching Grits, and the ring and spell tome can be found in-game by searching Absorption (not Absorb).

Here’s a dropbox link for the esp in case anyone wants to use it for anything: Spell Absorption. I hope it helps!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 1 2015, 03:10 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 30 2015, 06:17 PM) *

For the longest time I actually thought that the flesh spells provided some magic resistance as well as the AR increase.

Mellewen found out the hard way trying to take on Otar in Ragnvald. That's why she asked for a slightly different spell. I'll give your absorption a try this weekend, and see if I can make some others.

I don't think it's possible to add a whole new Skill Tree for Mysticism, and even replacing one (such as Lockpicking, which I never use) would need tools I don't have. So the spells will have to be connected to the other schools for now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 1 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 30 2015, 04:41 PM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Apr 27 2015, 08:52 PM) *

The basics have not changed from the Oblivion Construction Set. So the TES Construction Set Wiki is still relevant for things like the difference between an .esp and .esm file, how to save files, and so forth. The Creation Kit is a good starting point for Skyrim specific stuff. Think of it as a user manual for the Creation Kit. It describes what everything does, and has many tutorials on things such as how to create a merchant, and so on.

Thanks, I've bookmarked the CK wiki. If I get sick again, I'll spend some time there! Right now I'm too busy playing Alise's fourth foray through Skyrim. She really pwns this game! The other site you provided has been in my bookmark list for the longest time, it's how I was able to mod Gweden Farm into Julian's Homestead after completion of the Sirens quest. At this point in time I'm not finding anything in Skyrim that I'd like to fix that isn't already provided by an existing mod.

Has anyone played the Civil War Overhaul? I'm thinking about pursuing the CW storyline with a different character (Alise has zero interest in this), and I keep hearing stuff about how disappointing the vanilla version is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 2 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

I made a little Resist Magic on Self spell for the Restoration school this morning. I used the AlchArmorMagicaFXS Hit Shader, which I think looks pretty cool, but I’m still tweaking everything else. Darnand has jumped on the new spell bandwagon (Apprentice born) and would like a Shock Shell spell. I think the AlchArmorShockFXS would look neat for that.

One comment about the Absorb Spell enchantment, it seems to work on NPCs which is not necessarily good. A bunch of mods use magic effects to do their thing with followers, so NPC Jerric had an absorption cloud swirling around him pretty regularly even out of combat. Now I remember why I didn’t give him the Atronach ability as an NPC.

haute, sorry I've never tried a Civil War overhaul. The vanilla progression does get a little tedious.

Added: Darnand put Jerric on his knees twice tonight with his dual-cast fire spells, so I made him a Resist Fire on Other spell. I don’t know if it will actually help a follower, but the enchantment supposedly does work for NPCs so I have hope. Anyway it looks reassuring.

This post has been edited by Grits: May 3 2015, 03:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 28 2020, 10:57 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

Thread Necromancing ... Activate. emot-ninja1.gif

Does anyone know of a mod or program which tells us what adds something into my game? For instance, let's say there's an object which I know is not vanilla. I click on the item and it'll tell me where it came from. Maybe the console can handle this, but I wonder if anyone's made some sort of mod which can do the same.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 29 2020, 01:03 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

Open the console and click on the item in the game. That will give you the ID of the item or person. Check the first two digits. That will tell you the load order of the mod it comes from. Then look in your mod manager, and see what mod is loading in that spot.

I am not sure if the vanilla console will give you the IDs or not. I use MFG Console, which gives you lots more info through the console than the vanilla game. Including the name of the mod an object comes from.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 29 2020, 06:00 PM
Post #55

Councilor
Group Icon

Gracias senora. cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 29 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

If you have a name for the item, then "help xxnamexx" will often give you the same ID info, even if you can't pick it. Running multiple screens breaks cursor selection in console mode for me, and there may be other thing that do the same, so I resort to that often. It's easiest for NPC's, who have obvious names, but can work for other stuff, if the mod author named logically. The operand of the help command will match substrings of the names, so "help boots" would find "Joe's boots of grunge" - among a lot of others, of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 30 2020, 06:52 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks good to know. So that would help with objects like houses maybe, which can't be physically taken.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 2 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

Any ideas what must be changed in the Skyrim CK to allow having multiple radiant quests from e.g. Companions active at once? I guess the same applies to other radiant quests within the same faction.

Thanks.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 3 2020, 04:17 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

Now that's a can of worms. Ew.

I guess it depends on how the quest was written. The way I've written radiant quests in Vyvoor's game, no, they are not all active at once, because this would cause the quest to go haywire. But I wrote it that way so one thing could get done at a time.

Are you thinking of your Companions mod? What's its name? Maybe I can DL it, and also look at it and try to discern how it's been structured. Otherwise, ghastley can answer better than I can.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 3 2020, 04:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 3 2020, 06:19 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 2 2020, 05:11 PM) *

Any ideas what must be changed in the Skyrim CK to allow having multiple radiant quests from e.g. Companions active at once? I guess the same applies to other radiant quests within the same faction.

Thanks.

The problem is that it's not multiple quests, it's the same quest running with different aliases. So the only way to do it is to make it into multiple quests, which then need distinct way to start them, or you end up getting the same one every time again. It's a laborious process to create the parallel quests, which is why they made them radiant to start with.

There's no setting involved, as the engine just can't run two copies of the same quest at the same time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:52 AM