5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Mods
King Coin
post Feb 14 2012, 05:16 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Post your mods, or post your favorite ones here!

############

I made Followers can Relax.

This mod adds a command to any companion in the game that lets them chill out and relax instead of standing at attention all the time.

To do this, just talk to your companion and choose the topic "We'll stay here for a while." They will start interacting with the environment (eat, drink, sit, ect). To get them to start following you again, just talk to them and say "Let's go."

It can be DLed at Nexus here.

I plan on doing more with it as I have time to fix things and polish it. One bug that I've noticed in Breezehome is sometimes when Kharjo wanders into the little room in the back with the alchemy station he disappears. I recommend you know your follower's ID so you can console them back in case something like this happens until I figure out what the heck is happening there. Pretty sure that was a different mod and not mine now!

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 17 2012, 12:52 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 14 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I cannot download anything from TES Nexus right now. Looks like their servers are having a coronary.

Does transitioning to a new zone, or fast traveling make Kharjo reappear? Often that does it when companions get lost.

I am currently working on a pair of mods to disable the main quest. I just finished one that disables it after Before the Storm (when you go to Whiterun and tell Jarl Balgruuf about the dragon attack on Helgen). The problem with this is that it ends with the Jarl standing next to the court wizard, and Irileth walking out to stand by the front gate. I am not sure if they will ever reset from those positions or not.

The other problem is that using this, you can never buy Breezehome or get Lydia as a follower. Right now my workaround for that is to manually type in a console command. For some reason whenever I try putting that command into the Before the Storm quest, it refuses to work.

Next up I am tinkering with a similar mod, that halts the MQ after doing Bleak Halls Barrow for Farengar. My thought with this, is that it could get you the option to buy Breezehome and get Lydia through the normal means. It is difficult, because you do not get Lydia and the option for Breezehome until after you kill your first dragon at the fort. So I have to tweak that quest to keep the dragon and fort scene from ever activating.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 14 2012, 07:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 14 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 14 2012, 12:25 PM) *
Does transitioning to a new zone, or fast traveling make Kharjo reappear? Often that does it when companions get lost.

Aravi was able to leave Kharjo just outside of Jorrvaskr where the companions train and wander around Whiterun. She went inside of The Drunken Huntsman without Kharjo appearing. She went back to Jorrvaskr and he was still hanging around in the training area.

I have not tried leaving Whiterun or fast traveling. Someone commented that they will appear though.

I haven't had much time to play so I haven't personally done much with it yet.

~~~

I would really like to use the mod you described to disable the MQ after giving the claw to Farengar. Would it cause the quest to not function even if you moved beyond that point? I'd like to use it for one character, but not Aravi. Would I have to be very careful about removing the mod each time I load Aravi?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 14 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 14 2012, 01:52 PM) *

I would really like to use the mod you described to disable the MQ after giving the claw to Farengar. Would it cause the quest to not function even if you moved beyond that point? I'd like to use it for one character, but not Aravi. Would I have to be very careful about removing the mod each time I load Aravi?

These two mods will have no effect on your game if you have already progressed beyond those particular quests. They will only work with a game where you have not started the quests. Since Aravi has gone beyond those quests, so far as I can tell, you should be able to have it loaded with no effect on her game at all. Because she has already triggered the things that start the dragons spawning, and the civil war (there is a trigger for that in these quests too).

Keep in mind that I have been able to do very little testing, outside of making sure that the quests stop where I want them to and the rest of the MQ does not pick up. So I really do not know if there are any long-term effects they might case with other quests. I kept all the civil war triggers alive and still working, but there could be something else I missed. So really both these are a use at your own risk situation. If you want to be a beta tester, I can email you a copy once the Bleak Falls Barrow mod is done.

I have also been having a weird issue when doing these two mods. Somehow, something else in the game is getting modded, outside of the .esp files I am working on. I have had over half a dozen times where the MQ stops in Before the Storm, after first talking to the Jarl. Even though neither mod was loaded! It just happened to me again with the Bleak Falls Barrow mod, even though the Before the Storm quest is untouched in that .esp!

Looking at the Skyrim.esm in the creation kit showed no changes to it at all, as did the timestamp on the file. But the game had been changed somewhere. The only way I have been able to fix it is by restoring a full backup of my entire Skyrim folder. I have no idea why this is happening, or just what is being edited behind the scenes. It is probably only one or two files, but I have no idea which ones.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 14 2012, 08:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 14 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

If you modified scripts (which I bet you have) look in /Data/Scripts. The modified scripts will be there, not included in the .esp (which I think is weird). You need to remove those scripts for the originals to unpack from the BSAs.

That tripped me up too when I was working on my mod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 14 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Well that is idiotic! So if you download a mod that has scripting, that means that even after you remove the mod, its scripts are all still working! What genius at Bethesda thought that was brilliant? Probably the same one who thought it would be a great idea to make it impossible for people to fight underwater.

Does this mean I have to include those script files as well as the .esp when I distribute it? Or will the .esp alone generate the script files?

Edit: You have to include the script files, because the mod does not work by copying just the .esp to a fresh install of Skyrim. Furthermore, when I went back and looked at the .esp in the creation kit, all of the changes I had made to the quest had vanished. I suppose they designed it this way to dissuade people from making mods that use scripting?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 14 2012, 11:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Saquira
post Feb 14 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Can I add a request for a mod? I've been looking around for one that adds a single wolf companion to the game, but I've only found a dog replacer, and it doesn't seem that good. I don't have the time at the moment to look through the Creation Kit wiki and learn how to use it, but Gladio would really like to find Ekali again.

So yeah, I need a mod that adds a single wolf companion to the game and doesn't simply replace all dogs. Though a texture different than the one on the standard wolf would be great, it's not important. Don't ask me why it's so important to have a wolf companion in the game, one reason is that I really want to incorporate him in the pictures, but otherwise I don't really know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 14 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, I had another partial success on the Post Bleak Falls Barrow Disabler. I have the Main Quest cutting off after delivering the dragonstone to Farengar. The only issue I have there is that Delphine won't budge from where she is standing at Farengar's desk afterward.But I do not see that as a showstopper.

Once more, I cannot get the game to automatically make the character a Thane, deliver Lydia, and make Breezehome buyable. Again, a single console command can do this however. So while it is not ideal, it does work.

I do prefer this version over the one that disables the MQ earlier, after Before the Storm. It lets the character do more for the Jarl and Whiterun - thusly earning their keep - before they have the option of becoming a Thane. I suppose one upshot to having to use a console command for the latter is that you could hold off on that until you have done some of the bandit bounty quests for the steward. That would make it seem like you have earned it.

Saquira: A wolf companion is an excellent idea! I am surprised no one has come up with one yet. I have no idea how the companion scripts work. If I did, I would do it for you. But I am afraid I am completely in the dark as well. I might tinker around with it in the next few days, if I get the time though.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 14 2012, 11:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 15 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #9

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats on the new mod! I certainly found such a command for followers quite immersively helpful in Oblivion. No one wants to go to bed and have their follower standing there watching them all night. tongue.gif

Daenlin is so funny. As soon as Buffy tells him to just hang out, he immediately takes off his shoes! I suspect that is because we have equipped him with pit boots (zero value). Then he looks for a place to sit down or starts chatting up the ladies.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 15 2012, 04:40 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: I have no idea why they decided to make the scripts separate. The only thing I can think of is with their Steam distribution method, every mod is turned into a .BSA.

@Saquira: I'd be willing to look into that too. It doesn't sound too difficult. Are you fine with the dog companion behavior? And I know nothing of texturing.

@Acadian: I bet you are right on the boots. laugh.gif He sounds like quite a character though!

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 15 2012, 04:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saquira
post Feb 15 2012, 08:07 AM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

Subrosa: I was surprised as well when I didn't find any wolf companion, it does seem like a quite easy thing to do. Compared to other mods anyway.

King Coin: The dog companion behavior is fine. Thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

Mod wish list: Player voice

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 15 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

I did some tinkering on the wolf companion last night had no success. I started with the wolf race, made a new race called wolf companion, then copied over all the entries from the dog companion race - including the script entry. The only things I left from the original wolf race were the models, textures, sounds, and animations. So it would still look and sound like a wolf.

But when I created a new actor and put it in the world, it was invisible. When I could find it, its' name showed up, but I could not interact with it. So it is back to the drawing board. I think I might try again just doing a straight copy of the dog race to start with. Then I'll manually change the models, textures, etc... Maybe doing it that way will work.

Edit: Okay, I did it the other way around, and I have a working companion. But it is a dog at the moment. I have to change the models, textures, etc... now to make it a wolf.

Saquira, was there any particular kind of wolf you wanted from the game? A regular wolf or Ice wolf? Any special color? If I still have 3ds Max around somewhere, I can probably assign a new texture to the mesh.

Edit Again: No luck. Once again, as soon as I change the models and textures, the wolf becomes invisible. I thought that extracting the files from the .bsas would do the trick, but it did not help. The companion script stops working too for some reason. I have no idea what it is doing this.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 15 2012, 08:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Feb 16 2012, 01:58 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

I'm kind of hoping for a Bound Dagger mod. My Illusionist/Conjurer made very nice work clearing out a bandit cave using Fury, Muffle and Bound Sword. At least until the Boss who was taken out by a good old stream of Frostbite. Though the downside of Bound weapons is I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the Assassin's Blade perk if/when I get it.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

I made a mod that did work. I noticed that you can reanimate corpses, but you cannot actually summon undead. So I made a mod that lets you summon a skeleton. Meet Bone Jovi. I think I will keep working on this, and make a variety of skeletons, draugr, etc... that you can summon. Of course I will have to make another Witchcraft mod that lets you summon wolves, bears, spriggans, etc...

For some reason I cannot get vendors to sell things I create. I do all the same things you would in Oblivion: create a container, put it in the same cell as the vendor, make it owned by the vendor, etc... But the items never show up in the vendor's stock. I even checked to see that the things I am making have the same keywords as like objects, in case the vendors go by keyword. I also used one of the vendor's containers as a reference, and still no luck. In the most recent case, I copied an existing spell tome to create one for my conjured skeleton, so my version was exactly the same as the things the vendor was selling.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 16 2012, 02:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

I tried the wolf for a little bit, and I got a wolf that was friendly to the player, but I could not get it to be interactive. Clicking on it did nothing. I'll have to fool around with it again at some other time. I suppose I could just try to put a follower AI package on it and see what happens, but I assume you'd like to be able to 'talk' to it. I don't know what I have to do to let you 'click' on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

I was wrong about the wolf mod. The animal companion script was working. But as you can see the wolf is still invisible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2012, 04:25 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Do you have to make it a 'CompanionRace' to allow interaction? I just copied a wolf and changed it's AI and stats and tried to apply some scripts to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2012, 05:13 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 15 2012, 10:25 PM) *

Do you have to make it a 'CompanionRace' to allow interaction? I just copied a wolf and changed it's AI and stats and tried to apply some scripts to it.

I copied the DogCompanionRace and made a new WolfCompanionRace. I think you might need a separate race. But I am not positive. All the dogs who are followers are a separate race, so I was just following what Bethesda did.

Then for the actual critter itself I copied the generic dog follower actor to make my actor. Everything worked fine until I changed its race from the DogCompanionRace to my new WolfCompanionRace. Then he turned invisible. Now if I change him to a regular wolf, he turns visible, but the companion script stops working. If I could figure out what is turning him invisible, the problem would be licked.

For the actor (not race) I was using a script called WEDogFollowerScript. It was simple, but worked

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 16 2012, 05:16 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2012, 05:19 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I saw that invisibly problem when I tried to preview my wolf in the CK. I started with the dog companion race as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:30 PM