Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The comfy Christmas/winter thread, A thread to share your Christmas recipes, experiences, etc
mirocu
post Dec 24 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #321

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hey, a WoW plushie! laugh.gif

You gonna open and play with it or store it on the shelf as a collectible? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Dec 24 2020, 03:15 PM
Post #322

Master
Group Icon

It's a collectable. It stays in box.

And it's so friggin adorable. It's my second game plushie, the other is a FFXIV carbuncle. Kinda looks like a squirrel almost.

Squirrel meets Pokemon.
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_U...carbuncle-plush

Holy crap that thing is still on waitlist? I ended up getting mine from Mikael, he ordered on the EU store. The NA one had a wait list.

This post has been edited by Sakiri: Dec 24 2020, 03:18 PM

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 24 2020, 04:32 PM
Post #323

Paladin
Group Icon

Awww. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Dec 24 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #324

Master
Group Icon

SO CUTE.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 25 2020, 09:11 AM
Post #325

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Merry Christmas for realz! santa.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 25 2020, 12:57 PM
Post #326

Paladin
Group Icon

And a Merry Christmas to you and all of Chorrol! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 25 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #327

Councilor
Group Icon

Merry Christmas, everyone! santaclaus.gif IPB ImageIPB Image

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 25 2020, 02:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 25 2020, 02:20 PM
Post #328

Ancient
Group Icon

Feliz navidad amigos!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 25 2020, 03:32 PM
Post #329

Master
Group Icon

Merry Christmas and a Merry New Year biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Dec 25 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #330

Master
Group Icon

Merry Christmas guys!

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 25 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #331

Master
Group Icon

Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays, Bah Humbug or whatever floats your boat! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 28 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #332

Ancient
Group Icon

Well, next time I am going away for the Christmas Holidays; I will def check the weather reports for the area first (not AFTER I am in the place like I did this time). I just spent five days snowed in at a small cabin lodge with a crowd of way too many people (many of whom I may wish never to see again in this lifetime, lol).

We had a really bad blizzard here; bad enough that it shut down the city's power for many residents for days. What happened was that the snow was so heavy and wet that its sheer weight took down power lines all over the city. The power line at my house is still down and draped across the porch rail; but we didn't actually lose our power despite that line being down.

The temps dropped rapidly the first night; and all that wet snow turned into huge slabs of very thick (and very heavy) ice. It was so freezing cold that car doors were frozen shut; so no one could even get in the cars to warm up if their power was off. Water lines all over the city were cracking from the water frozen in them.

Some friends of mine just got their power back on today. They had no heat source in their home except electric; and couldn't access their vehicles to warm up. They had to live on peanut butter and crackers for days; and stayed warm by cuddling under a stack of blankets with their dog.

I didn't have it as bad as they did; the power in the cabin kept flickering and was so iffy that we were afraid we'd be stuck without light or heat any moment; but thank goodness it never stayed off for long at all = and the cabin had one very small Kerosine heater.

It was just meant to be a gathering of a few female friends and one male friend who likes to hang with us; and just for a couple days and one night originally; but then everyone wanted to bring their family members and their pets; and next thing we knew the party grew to a full mob. Well, the more the merrier, right? No, not when you are snowed in together for five days and only brought enough food for one or two meals for a few people; urgh.

** And I haven't mentioned that someone's dog was not housebroken; plus it chased someone else's cat around this small cabin the whole time; usually knocking your feet out from under you as you walked anywhere.

Since many of the crowd was single and the beds were few and space way too small for that crowd that was meant to be there just for two days and one dinner/overnight; we ended up dividing everyone (including the married couples) up so all the females all shared the big bedroom, and the males all shared the common area.

** One man actually did get the small bedroom to himself; but he said that was because he owned the lodge and had also become marooned at the cabin with us (however; it could be because he did desperately need a bath at that point; since he seemed to have over-activated his sweat glands somehow; and = oh, did I not mention that the showers/water wasn't working? Urgh).

We only had enough food for the Christmas Dinner; which had to be made up early since no one could get out for restaurants or grocery shopping like we had originally planned. So for 5 days we ALL had to maul that one dinner until each side or entree in turn was gone until the only thing left was the (slightly undercooked) ham. With all those different people handling the food; and without water to wash those hands = I am a germaphobe; so that meant I stopped eating anything I saw handled at all; which didn't leave me many choices but the undercooked ham sections that no one had bothered with because they weren't pre-sliced. So ... urgh again.

Several of us started getting upset stomachs from some source by the night before yesterday; and everyone began pulling out whatever medicine they had for food poisoning symptoms and sharing it with everyone else.

The only man who had been planned to be a part of the original party of 3-4 women (no one is dating him; he just likes hanging out with us for some reason) - he always seems to travel with several bottles of tequila; and this trip was no exception. (and yes, Acadian; that was Daniel, lol). He wasn't happy at all because of our original small fun party planned turning into this crowded mess; (and also drank more because he was using it to stay warm since he had to smoke outside). Anyway; he polished off at least a full bottle solo each night we were stuck there = (which did wonders for his personality (if you know what I mean. Yeah, that is what I mean).

The Park Ranger managed to get us out of there Sunday afternoon; so I am home again now; though I only actually was able to get to my house even now because a neighbor at the bottom of the hill was kind enough to transport me up to my house in his 4 wheel drive truck = the roads up to here are still solid sheets of ice; and even with his traction on he was sliding all over. So, my stomach is still in some kind of upheaval mode; and I'm still stuck here; but at least I am stuck at home now.

So "Merry" isn't a good word to describe this Christmas; but I did end up getting a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas; so THAT was def a "WOO HOO!!!" present!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 28 2020, 02:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 28 2020, 02:22 PM
Post #333

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 28 2020, 07:14 AM) *

Well, next time I am going away for the Christmas Holidays; I will def check the weather reports for the area first (not AFTER I am in the place like I did this time). I just spent five days snowed in at a small cabin lodge with a crowd of way too many people (many of whom I may wish never to see again in this lifetime, lol).

We had a really bad blizzard here; bad enough that it shut down the city's power for many residents for days. What happened was that the snow was so heavy and wet that its sheer weight took down power lines all over the city. The power line at my house is still down and draped across the porch rail; but we didn't actually lose our power despite that line being down.

The temps dropped rapidly the first night; and all that wet snow turned into huge slabs of very thick (and very heavy) ice. It was so freezing cold that car doors were frozen shut; so no one could even get in the cars to warm up if their power was off. Water lines all over the city were cracking from the water frozen in them.

Some friends of mine just got their power back on today. They had no heat source in their home except electric; and couldn't access their vehicles to warm up. They had to live on peanut butter and crackers for days; and stayed warm by cuddling under a stack of blankets with their dog.

I didn't have it as bad as they did; the power in the cabin kept flickering and was so iffy that we were afraid we'd be stuck without light or heat any moment; but thank goodness it never stayed off for long at all = and the cabin had one very small Kerosine heater.

It was just meant to be a gathering of a few female friends and one male friend who likes to hang with us; and just for a couple days and one night originally; but then everyone wanted to bring their family members and their pets; and next thing we knew the party grew to a full mob. Well, the more the merrier, right? No, not when you are snowed in together for five days and only brought enough food for one or two meals for a few people; urgh.

** And I haven't mentioned that someone's dog was not housebroken; plus it chased someone else's cat around this small cabin the whole time; usually knocking your feet out from under you as you walked anywhere.

Since many of the crowd was single and the beds were few and space way too small for that crowd that was meant to be there just for two days and one dinner/overnight; we ended up dividing everyone (including the married couples) up so all the females all shared the big bedroom, and the males all shared the common area.

** One man actually did get the small bedroom to himself; but he said that was because he owned the lodge and had also become marooned at the cabin with us (however; it could be because he did desperately need a bath at that point; since he seemed to have over-activated his sweat glands somehow; and = oh, did I not mention that the showers/water wasn't working? Urgh).

We only had enough food for the Christmas Dinner; which had to be made up early since no one could get out for restaurants or grocery shopping like we had originally planned. So for 5 days we ALL had to maul that one dinner until each side or entree in turn was gone until the only thing left was the (slightly undercooked) ham. With all those different people handling the food; and without water to wash those hands = I am a germaphobe; so that meant I stopped eating anything I saw handled at all; which didn't leave me many choices but the undercooked ham sections that no one had bothered with because they weren't pre-sliced. So ... urgh again.

Several of us started getting upset stomachs from some source by the night before yesterday; and everyone began pulling out whatever medicine they had for food poisoning symptoms and sharing it with everyone else.

The only man who had been planned to be a part of the original party of 3-4 women (no one is dating him; he just likes hanging out with us for some reason) - he always seems to travel with several bottles of tequila; and this trip was no exception. (and yes, Acadian; that was Daniel, lol). He wasn't happy at all because of our original small fun party planned turning into this crowded mess; (and also drank more because he was using it to stay warm since he had to smoke outside). Anyway; he polished off at least a full bottle solo each night we were stuck there = (which did wonders for his personality (if you know what I mean. Yeah, that is what I mean).

The Park Ranger managed to get us out of there Sunday afternoon; so I am home again now; though I only actually was able to get to my house even now because a neighbor at the bottom of the hill was kind enough to transport me up to my house in his 4 wheel drive truck = the roads up to here are still solid sheets of ice; and even with his traction on he was sliding all over. So I'm still stuck here; but at least I am stuck at home now.

So "Merry" isn't a good word to describe this Christmas; but I did end up getting a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas; so THAT was def a "WOO HOO!!!" present!

Wow that sounds terrible! Glad you got out of there safely! Hope none of those people had Covid. D:

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 28 2020, 02:23 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 28 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #334

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 28 2020, 08:22 AM) *

Wow that sounds terrible! Glad you got out of there safely! Hope none of those people had Covid. D:

I'm hoping the same thing, that thought def crossed my mind. (about the Covid). I did make two new female friends there through all those bad parts though; so it wasn't a total bust. (it was like how close soldiers get in a war zone or something).

We have been talking about getting T-shirts made that say, "I survived Christmas 2020!" with some funny "Mad Magazine" style drawn pics or something. (dog poo under a descending shoe; rippling vapor waves from a drawn man's armpits; a broken shower; etc).

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 28 2020, 02:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 28 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #335

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 28 2020, 08:14 AM) *

The Park Ranger managed to get us out of there Sunday afternoon; so I am home again now; though I only actually was able to get to my house even now because a neighbor at the bottom of the hill was kind enough to transport me up to my house in his 4 wheel drive truck = the roads up to here are still solid sheets of ice; and even with his traction on he was sliding all over. So, my stomach is still in some kind of upheaval mode; and I'm still stuck here; but at least I am stuck at home now.

Only thing left is stubbing your toe and wanting hot coco only to realize you ran out of hot coco. Talk about a nightmare on Christmas. Gald you made home safely.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 28 2020, 03:34 PM
Post #336

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 28 2020, 09:02 AM) *

Only thing left is stubbing your toe and wanting hot coco only to realize you ran out of hot coco. Talk about a nightmare on Christmas. Gald you made home safely.

The hot cocoa thing happened; they had plenty of milk but no cocoa to put in it, lol. Nobody stubbed their toe though; so we were really lucky on that one! laugh.gif

Thanks, Reaper. I'm glad to be home too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 28 2020, 03:46 PM
Post #337

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, glad to see you alive and kicking, mALX biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 28 2020, 04:20 PM
Post #338

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds like mALX had a fitting end to a . . . below average year. I'm glad, though chilled and hungry, you survived and are back home. With luck, there might come a time when remembering your 2020 Christmas weekend adventure may bring a chuckle. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 28 2020, 04:52 PM
Post #339

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 28 2020, 09:46 AM) *

Well, glad to see you alive and kicking, mALX biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Thanks, Mirocu! I should have channeled you for Christmas; it would have made it much better!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 28 2020, 10:20 AM) *

Sounds like mALX had a fitting end to a . . . below average year. I'm glad, though chilled and hungry, you survived and are back home. With luck, there might come a time when remembering your 2020 Christmas weekend adventure may bring a chuckle. smile.gif

Yeah, right? 2020 has been a real roller coaster; better good places than any previous years; but other than that = just really weird low spots too. Not a terrible year; but not a great one either. It is like one step above "Meh..."

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Dec 28 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #340

Master
Group Icon

Oh dear. That just sounds hilariously awful.

I mean, it's one of those things you'll laugh at later down the line.

And who in the world invites family and unhousebroken dogs to a getaway in a tiny cabin without a) notice, cool.gif extra food, and c) deodorant??

I'd have been livid.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:10 AM