> La Cafe', Not spanish-speaker exclusive, Lol
Lord Revan
post May 18 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Time for the next one, people. Have fun! wink.gif

QUOTE(minque)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!!

QUOTE(Alexander)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

Edited to add rules ~ Wolfie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 19 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Our deal ole Coffee Shop has been turned into a Cafe!!! Class has been introduced into it! NOOOOOO!!!

Ohwell, I guess I'll just get used to all the fancy pastries and expensive sounding drinks.

Anywho. What does everyone think about the game of poker? Fun game, yes or no? I'm going to be playing some tonight. I haven't won a pot in awile, I'm due!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 19 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Actually, cafe' is spanish for coffee. And I didn't quite know how to write "Coffee Shop" in Spanish, so uh, well, this will just have to do.
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 19 2007, 03:48 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Cafe' originated as an Arabic word initially.. Prob spread because of the Moorish expansion into the Iberia.. But that is pure speculation of course.

I'm sorry though, I'm not a big fan of cafe's around here anyhow. They are a bastion of 21 century liberalism which I'm not a large fan of. Prefer 1940'ish liberalism actually.

But this isn't the parliament so I'll be quite smile.gif

In other news my Senior Prom is tomorrow night, gonna be pretty cool.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post May 19 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Channler knows his stuff, I bow to you *bows* Channler.

Although,....the Cafe's around the world tend to be a place where vegging occurs, right, a place for people wound tight to uncoil.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 19 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Mmmm eating a plain seasame bagel is awesome when it's free!

Also, long weekends in the summer are nice too. Especially when the parents aren't around wink.gif

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 19 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ May 19 2007, 10:46 AM) *

Mmmm eating a plain seasame bagel is awesome when it's free!

Also, long weekends in the summer are nice too. Especially when the parents aren't around wink.gif

Uh oh.. Metal gonna get lucky? J/k

This summer is going to be sweet.. quitting my job and pretty much moving to the beach.

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 20 2007, 03:09 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Glorious day here in TN- temps in the low 70's (low 20's C for our European fans playing at home), low humidity. Did one small bit of yard work, then off to the bookstore, library, and park with Mrs. Treydog. Watched turtles basking in the sun and then came home to the dachshund. Soon enough, my Saturdays will be consumed by work... but today was just for us.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post May 20 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

And for those of you that might have been wondering what happened to the Black Hand of Mephala, worry not. I will be pumping out some updates quite soon, and be a tad bit more active on the forums.

I am pleased to announce that I finally have a decent paying job, as a Shipping and Recieving clerk in an Aerospace manufacturing company, and no longer have to deal with the distasteful clientele of a sandwich company that shall go unnamed, but you have probably eaten there. Especially if you took the SUBWAY to eat there.

You're all good and decent folks, and I would be hard-pressed to find better fellow forumers anywhere.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 20 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Well I guess I'll be one of the first people to wish you a warm welcome back. Congratulations on the change of occupation as well. The food industry is never a very kind and rewarding path for most people (definitely those at the entry level anyways).

Glad to hear that updates will be forthcoming again. I will surely read them like I always do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post May 20 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hi there! I'm currently in Germany....and tomorrow I'll meet a very special person....Nope I won't tell who....yet! Now congrats to Wolfie-Polfie for his forthcoming graduation...

Germany is a very hot place at the moment, now of course where I sit now it's ok, I've had a couple of nice beer so I feel quite good!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 20 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Heh, have a good time in Germany. This is so funny. Embarrassing, but it is true. Despite living half an hour (on bicycle) from the German border, my Limburgs is closer to actual German than my German. And my Limburgs is BAD. So go figure.

Welcome back, Black Hand. Good luck on the new job. I for one know I could never work in the food industry. Food being consumed or stored whatever, makes me feel nauseous.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 20 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #13

Wise Woman
Group Icon

YES! I knew I forgot something....Blackie! congrats to your new job!!!!! yay Go for it!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 20 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #14

Mage
Group Icon

Thanks for the congrats Minque! Graduation tomorrow evening. Gots me a suit and everything.... I'll see if I can get a photo to post in the photo thread biggrin.gif
And congrats on the new job Black Hand!

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 21 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

I must concur about jobs in the food industry.. they suck. Meh family owns a restaurant and dear God is it crazy trying to work/run the place.

Congrats on the grad bro, I should graduate the 9th of June

This post has been edited by Channler: May 21 2007, 03:50 AM

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 21 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

...assuming you don't get expelled first?

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 21 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ May 21 2007, 12:47 AM) *

...assuming you don't get expelled first?

Assuming I pass Calculus.. math is stupid.. I'm sorry if anyone likes it but I'm afraid me and numbers just don't get along...

But I suppose being expelled could also happen too..

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 21 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

I quit after pre-calc last year and just skipped math altogether this year. Best decision I ever made.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 21 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Eh, math I don't mind. It's physics that is the difficult one. Ohwell, I tried my best at that. Fortunately if I do have to take anymore physics, it'll be specific to the stuff I plan to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
treydog
post May 22 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Managed to get through calculus on the third try- it truly helped that I actually gave a (insert appropriate word here) on that attempt. Of course, if somebody told me to solve a differential equation or they would shoot me, I would just tell them to save us both the trouble and pull the trigger. Avoided chemistry like the plague, took one physics (for non-physical science majors) course. Ah school days.... Bleh.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:24 PM