Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monkey's Art Folder, Featuring farts and the rare polished work.
monkeyemoness
post Jun 29 2017, 04:26 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Peace

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 11 2019, 04:37 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 29 2017, 04:28 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Love your artwork! Clearly you are super talented.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 29 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Paladin
Group Icon

Wonderful drawings!

I laughed at Eolon in his new Nordic bath towel. Jo makes such a good jester. Hates is simply adorable! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 29 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 29 2017, 06:15 AM) *

Wonderful drawings!

I laughed at Eolon in his new Nordic bath towel. Jo makes such a good jester. Hates is simply adorable! tongue.gif

That whole New Life segment was really funny! Breaks the door down lookin' like a crazy person, "We're out of bank space."! Hilarious! The looks on Hates and Jo's faces in the last frame is the icing on the cake!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 29 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool! Hates-White-Rats looks like Marge Simpson in pic 6 of the New Life Festival. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 30 2017, 01:37 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

I honestly had a lot of fun with the holiday comics. At one point they were supposed to have more of them (for context, really) but welp. Still, I like them a lot.

Thanks for the words, everyone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 30 2017, 01:55 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Here are some Skyrim things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 30 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 29 2017, 07:55 PM) *

My Dragonborn, Aza-jo. In a blanket. It was winter, okay?
In some ways, he is very much Khajiit. There's a story to this, it involves a house mod with a fun easter egg hunt. The easter egg hunt was the only fun part, as the house and the forced backstory kills all of it not to mention the author is a do-, so Aza-jo took advantage of being mistaken for the owners' childhood friend and robbed the owners blind.

His pet human, Alois. Main non-Dragonborn. I drew this recently for the sake of shitposting. :V
Much like this one!

Alois got a blanket drawing, too.

Though I make fun of it a lot, I honestly liked Skyrim if only for experiencing these two. (And a few other things more fit for a Skyrim thread to talk about)

Let's finish this off with what is probably my earliest Skyrim doodles, based on first imperssions. Featuring Mirabelle Ervine, Esbern, Paarthunax, Onmund, and my main Oblivion character+second non-Dragonborn character.
First time I drew in a long time and i'm glad it's all I've done since:'D (I really am)

That Reachman in the last pic! Holy crap that's good! Love the Reachfolk!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 1 2017, 03:15 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

It's actually just Alois wearing the armor after leaving Cidhna mine (Still a Breton I guess, but not quite Reachman). Self care is soul trapping a jerkface for eternity and unleashing the King of the Reach upon Markarth.
My characters were probably the worst thing to happen to the Province

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 1 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #10

Paladin
Group Icon

Love the blankie pix! They're all wonderful but, by Azura, the one of 'these two' is magnificent! Wow. happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 2 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

The blankets and the other drawing were one of the many things I said I'd get back to but never did. I was gonna do a whole series of lounging in blankets. Ah well. Thanks for the words.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 2 2017, 11:43 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

I was gonna do an Oblivion post but I realized I don't have much Oblivion stuff, or rather it'll be tricky to post without a wall o text explaining the context. :V

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 3 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 2 2017, 05:43 PM) *

I was gonna do an Oblivion post but I realized I don't have much Oblivion stuff, or rather it'll be tricky to post without a wall o text explaining the context. :V

So here's more Skyrim

An alternate group shot of my Skyrim cast (vulgar hand sign warning, am I allowed to post this? I can quickly edit it if not)

Just practice. Also at the time it was the first time in years that I had drawn Alois...triplet? (she was born at the same time as Alois and his twin I guess) Genevieve. She's the arch mage and just plain done with most things.
She's probably homeless. At least until I made her a house.
She is unimpressed by most things. (I drew this when I was playing the Romance Mod. During a very long, very boring dialogue sequence I believe.)

Tyrellius, Nibenese fire mage and Hjaalmarch's very own swamp witch. He anger.
Slightly younger Tyrellius. Back when he still had (very flammable) hair and lived in Blackwood. The difference in eye color is just active, alchemically-induced Night Eye.
He Garden

Painting of Deleras, Bosmer smith, using a screenshot as reference. I mostly did it to practice coloring by painting in grayscale first but I never finished. Can't remember the last time I worked on this but it's definitely over a year or two. (I think I started it in 2014? ??? ???? Geeze.)

Lol at the girl displaying middle fingers!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 3 2017, 12:20 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 3 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #14

Paladin
Group Icon

Quite a nice range of differing styles in this last update. Interesting seeing some of your well-known characters and others who are less so. Alois the Unimpressed. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 5 2017, 03:33 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

These are all from the span of....five years? ???

That said I do like to mess around and experiment. Usually I stick to the easiest, quickest style that makes me happy. :V

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 5 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 28 2017, 11:26 PM) *

Yo.

So as of this writing I mostly hang out in the ESO section of the forum as it's the game I'm focused on, but over the holy crap years that I've been playing TES I've scribbled a few drawings of my characters and for the longest time it was the only way I shared anything about them--and as an aside the only reason I picked up a pen.
One time I tried actually writing down a story, but i never finished and it's on an indefinite hold unless i start over from the beginning lol.

Anyways, after just posting links in the Today in Tamriel thread I decided it was better to start a place where these things would be organized.

I mentioned that I have artwork from other games (a huge collection I'll link to from time to time I guess) so it won't be all ESO stuff, but any new things will most likely be ESO-related.

With that out of the way, have some content. (Might edit for formatting later)

The primary subjects of my sketches. For those that don't know them, from left to right:

Jo'zira - He's Jo'zira. He looks like a Khajiit most of the time. Something about gardens and memories.
Hates-White-Rats (sometimes Xochitl) - It's the Vestige. Nominally a hero, definitely a Hero.
Eolan - It's that guy. Cube Dad. He used to hide his face for no good reason. Bretons are weird sometimes.
IPB Image

I have Skyrim characters, too! They're a...different story. For another time. Feel free to look at them, though.

IPB Image

Also Oblivion? ??? This is my last group shot, I swear.
IPB Image

Anyways, I wanted to open this with something a little more..special, but I don't really have much time and/or energy to get it going so it'll have to wait. Till then, more reposts of old doodles incoming.

Have some links, because the images are huge.

Hates-White-Rats during the Witches Festival Farming for those skulls by means of murder while wearing a costume? Best holiday for her.

The New Life Festival later that year:
Eolan had fun, though it took a little encouragement. Some people were rude to him, though.

The Jester's Festival:

Bonus 1
Bonus 2
At least someone enjoyed it.

Oh geeze, didn't know any follow up posts merged with the OP. Nice

These are amazing! I LOVE how you chronicled the events throughout the year !!!!! Awesome job !!!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 29 2017, 08:55 PM) *

My Dragonborn, Aza-jo. In a blanket. It was winter, okay?
In some ways, he is very much Khajiit. There's a story to this, it involves a house mod with a fun easter egg hunt. The easter egg hunt was the only fun part, as the house and the forced backstory kills all of it not to mention the author is a do-, so Aza-jo took advantage of being mistaken for the owners' childhood friend and robbed the owners blind.

His pet human, Alois. Main non-Dragonborn. I drew this recently for the sake of shitposting. :V
Much like this one!

Alois got a blanket drawing, too.

Though I make fun of it a lot, I honestly liked Skyrim if only for experiencing these two. (And a few other things more fit for a Skyrim thread to talk about)

Let's finish this off with what is probably my earliest Skyrim doodles, based on first imperssions. Featuring Mirabelle Ervine, Esbern, Paarthunax, Onmund, and my main Oblivion character+second non-Dragonborn character.
First time I drew in a long time and i'm glad it's all I've done since:'D (I really am)

That one Skyrim Khajiit looks like Kharjo! Really amazing job you did on all of these!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 5 2017, 07:47 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 2 2017, 06:43 PM) *

So here's more Skyrim

An alternate group shot of my Skyrim cast (vulgar hand sign warning, am I allowed to post this? I can quickly edit it if not)

Just practice. Also at the time it was the first time in years that I had drawn Alois...triplet? (she was born at the same time as Alois and his twin I guess) Genevieve. She's the arch mage and just plain done with most things.
She's probably homeless. At least until I made her a house.
She is unimpressed by most things. (I drew this when I was playing the Romance Mod. During a very long, very boring dialogue sequence I believe.)

Tyrellius, Nibenese fire mage and Hjaalmarch's very own swamp witch. He anger.
Slightly younger Tyrellius. Back when he still had (very flammable) hair and lived in Blackwood. The difference in eye color is just active, alchemically-induced Night Eye.
He Garden

Painting of Deleras, Bosmer smith, using a screenshot as reference. I mostly did it to practice coloring by painting in grayscale first but I never finished. Can't remember the last time I worked on this but it's definitely over a year or two. (I think I started it in 2014? ??? ???? Geeze.)

I'm surprised the one you drew during the long dialogue sequence of "The Romance Mod" didn't have your character throwing himself on his sword, lol. Of course, I only heard the preliminary version of that mod from when the author was begging for funding to make it (on Kickstarter, about the time of the Paid Mods fiasco) = that one had horrible voice acting and even worse dialogue in long drawn out scenes obviously written by a female addicted to soap operas. So the version that is out now is hopefully better than that; (From what I heard on YouTube just now regarding that mod, they have improved the voice acting a lot - but still have long drawn out dialogue scenes) - so I would def say it is better than it was; though from your comments and character's facial expression in that drawing ... maybe not! laugh.gif

I like the younger Tyrellius better, but all are awesome drawings!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 5 2017, 07:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 5 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 5 2017, 01:47 PM) *

I'm surprised the one you drew during the long dialogue sequence of "The Romance Mod" didn't have your character throwing himself on his sword, lol. Of course, I only heard the preliminary version of that mod from when the author was begging for funding to make it (on Kickstarter, about the time of the Paid Mods fiasco) = that one had horrible voice acting and even worse dialogue in long drawn out scenes obviously written by a female addicted to soap operas. So the version that is out now is hopefully better than that; (From what I heard on YouTube just now regarding that mod, they have improved the voice acting a lot - but still have long drawn out dialogue scenes) - so I would def say it is better than it was; though from your comments and character's facial expression in that drawing ... maybe not! laugh.gif

Good god. Okay, so.

The version of the Romance Mod that I played through with Genevieve (pictured above) was actually one of the earlier ones. I played it so I could see just how far the rabbit hole goes, so I pretty much ignored the "look at this through the lens of a romance novel." But you know what? Even looking back at it that way, the version of the mod that I played was still very, very creepy.

The only love interest was an unlikeable asshole that only got worse. He got rapey, possessive, and honestly, I can't understand how anyone would play this thinking "oh, but deep down he's actually a good guy" and continue "believing in him" and "fixing" him. Especially considering he's ripped off from an evil Neverwinter mod or something?

Aside from the scene I drew the thing up there for (bandits having dialogue with Bishop when honestly they'd be immediately destroyed. Genevieve does not play around.) the entire sequence was just goddamn irritating. What's that? The encounter left you with questions about these assholes and their relation to your forced love interest? Too bad, your only response is "Do you want to dominate me like they wanted? wink.gif"

THEN there was the encounters with the two Genevieve actually showed passing interest in. The Mage, being hte only one that has anything in common with her? Bishop beats him up because... ???? No further interactions with him available.

The Knight dude? Bishop goes on a spiel about how his White Knight tendencies are bad and he's repressing himself and bla bla bla some of the highlights include.

I dunno. I made fun of this mod a long time ago, but I tried the more recent version and it's better written. Bishop is more likable from the start and the PC's responses aren't so coquette from the start, but I didn't really play again.

ANYWAYS, thanks for the comments. smile.gif

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 5 2017, 09:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 6 2017, 03:36 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 5 2017, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 5 2017, 01:47 PM) *

Good god. Okay, so.

The version of the Romance Mod that I played through with Genevieve (pictured above) was actually one of the earlier ones. I played it so I could see just how far the rabbit hole goes, so I pretty much ignored the "look at this through the lens of a romance novel." But you know what? Even looking back at it that way, the version of the mod that I played was still very, very creepy.

The only love interest was an unlikeable asshole that only got worse. He got rapey, possessive, and honestly, I can't understand how anyone would play this thinking "oh, but deep down he's actually a good guy" and continue "believing in him" and "fixing" him. Especially considering he's ripped off from an evil Neverwinter mod or something?

Aside from the scene I drew the thing up there for (bandits having dialogue with Bishop when honestly they'd be immediately destroyed. Genevieve does not play around.) the entire sequence was just goddamn irritating. What's that? The encounter left you with questions about these assholes and their relation to your forced love interest? Too bad, your only response is "Do you want to dominate me like they wanted? wink.gif"

THEN there was the encounters with the two Genevieve actually showed passing interest in. The Mage, being hte only one that has anything in common with her? Bishop beats him up because... ???? No further interactions with him available.

The Knight dude? Bishop goes on a spiel about how his White Knight tendencies are bad and he's repressing himself and bla bla bla some of the highlights include.

I dunno. I made fun of this mod a long time ago, but I tried the more recent version and it's better written. Bishop is more likable from the start and the PC's responses aren't so coquette from the start, but I didn't really play again.

ANYWAYS, thanks for the comments. smile.gif

I'm glad I never downloaded it, it sounds like it sucked worse than even I thought it would from hearing the little snippet she had posted on Kickstarter (trying to get people to pay for her production of it, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 6 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

It was fun to heckle, at tho! I don't do it as often anymore, but I DID play through Beyond Reach and I hated the mod. Can't really come up with art for it tho.

Anyways, have some Oblivion stuff!

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:11 PM