Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Victorian Commonwealth: A Raider's Journey, *Warning!* Contains Raiders doing Raider type things!
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 24 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 24 2017, 08:00 AM) *

OH no! Was that her first deathclaw????? panic.gif Hate those things.

Yep first deathclaw.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 24 2017, 07:31 PM
Post #42

Paladin
Group Icon

Looks like Victoria made a really good choice to work out a way to enter that building from above. That gave her great perches for some effective sniping, it seems. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 24 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 24 2017, 01:31 PM) *

Looks like Victoria made a really good choice to work out a way to enter that building from above. That gave her great perches for some effective sniping, it seems. goodjob.gif

Lol, it was fun doing that part in a different order! Khajiit wishes Beth would implement a climbing system in their games. Nothing like Assassin's Creed where you can scale the wall of a big building, but something simpler à la Dishonored where you can jump and pull yourself up onto ledges. The leap from the church roof to the Vertibird tail is fairly treacherous with the current system.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 26 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Victoria's been involved in some heavy action!

I like armor a lot, from what I understand, armor in FO4 can be combined by several pieces?

The deathclaw finished what the wolf started. evillol.gif One more question - is the guy with the funny hat killable? I mean, is it like in New Vegas where you can kill anyone and as such fail quests, or are NPCs in FO4 essential?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 26 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 26 2017, 02:53 AM) *

One more question - is the guy with the funny hat killable?

Not without mods and a certain line added to the .ini . Khajiit really hates this about important characters. This one gets that the world is really dangerous for NPCs, and protected status (can only be killed by the PC) works fine for them. Why do they have to make important characters unkillable? If Khajiit makes a conscious decision to kill an important character, then he should be able to do so and live with the consequences (unfinished quests, etc.).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 26 2017, 02:14 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 2 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

October 28th, 2287

Not a lot of action today.

Woke up and made my way back to the museum. When I went through the front door, Garvey and his crew were gathered near the entryway. They apparently decided to spend the night. Garvey was trying to act all buddy buddy but I told him straight up that they meant nothing to me. Despite this, he did cough up some caps and some fusion cell ammo. The old lady with them gets "visions" whenever she gets high off chems. I kept it to myself that I saw something once too after taking the chems Trash had.

After talking with Garvey and them, I went about my business looting the rest of the museum. Meanwhile they decided that they would head to Sanctuary Hills. Now that really pissed me off! I was planning on using that as a main base if I ever got a big enough crew! Garvey did invite me to join them, so I decided to bide my time and see if they had any useful information about creating infrastructure for settlements that might come in handy later.

With the loot from the museum safely transported to Red Rocket, I went to Sanctuary Hills to see what was going on. Garvey was strutting around like a big shot while the big guy Sturges hammered on stuff. The others wandered around aimlessly. Talked to Garvey again and he unwittingly put me onto my next raiding target, a settlement called Tenpines Bluff. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. He also said Sturges needed help getting the settlement up and running so I put on my "helpful" face and went to see him.

Sturges needed help with a lot. First he asked me to put some beds in one of the houses. I threw down some old ratty sleeping bags I found in the other houses. Next he wanted a water source and told me how to make a water pump. This is good! Now I could put one in at Red Rocket! Food and defenses were next so I put in some additional crops with that jerk Marcy Long tending them, slapped up some shoddy guard posts and assigned that weakling Jun Long as a guard. When it comes time to kill them all, these "defenses" won't be an issue.

Having learned all I could from them, I went back to Red Rocket. By that time it was sun down. I put in a water pump of my own and filled any empty bottles I had with clean water. Tomorrow I'll go check out Tenpines. That big satellite station that Abernathy told me about is in that direction too, so I'm going to rest up. Should be a lot of fighting tomorrow.

Victoria out.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 3 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

That is similar to how it went with Loviatar. Except with her it ended about half way, with her telling Garvey to get stuffed. She did find Tenpines Bluff on her own. She ate the settlers there. A minute later a caravan showed up, and she bought a shipment of ballistic fiber from them. So it was a happy time for all. smile.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 3 2017, 02:00 AM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Very nice, sounds like you've got a settlement, even if Victoria is passed about someone else taking the one she really wanted.

Who is Garvey by the way?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 2 2017, 08:00 PM) *

Very nice, sounds like you've got a settlement, even if Victoria is passed about someone else taking the one she really wanted.

Who is Garvey by the way?

Garvey is the one on the far left in the "Garvey and his crew" pic. Preston Garvey, last surviving member of the Minutemen faction. Pretty much your standard issue Bethesda do-gooder.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 2 2017, 06:16 PM) *

That is similar to how it went with Loviatar. Except with her it ended about half way, with her telling Garvey to get stuffed. She did find Tenpines Bluff on her own. She ate the settlers there. A minute later a caravan showed up, and she bought a shipment of ballistic fiber from them. So it was a happy time for all. smile.gif laugh.gif

Lol, Victoria has already played through October 29th and "discovered" Tenpines. Was going to do a twofer today but time got away from Khajiit so maybe tomorrow.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 3 2017, 02:34 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 3 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Garvey and his crew sound like a nuisance for Victoria, and now they even moved to Sanctuary Hiils. Looks like Victoria is more or less decided about what do do with them in the future... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 3 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 3 2017, 11:54 AM) *

Garvey and his crew sound like a nuisance for Victoria, and now they even moved to Sanctuary Hiils. Looks like Victoria is more or less decided about what do do with them in the future... wink.gif

Yep. They are living on borrowed time!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 3 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #52

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay, Victoria's got a water pump in her rocket house! That is funny/clever how she set up those defenses with an eye toward taking them all out sometime. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 4 2017, 03:06 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 3 2017, 01:55 PM) *

Yay, Victoria's got a water pump in her rocket house! That is funny/clever how she set up those defenses with an eye toward taking them all out sometime. wink.gif

Victoria is smarter than the average Raider! tongue.gif

Plus the do-gooders are far too trusting. Khajiit suspects their "essential" status is mostly to blame for that, but we shall deal with that soon enough!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 7 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

October 29th, 2287

Got a lot crap done today.

Headed northeast early this morning in the direction of Tenpines Bluff, which Garvey so graciously gave me the coordinates to yesterday. Heh heh, foolish man. Went past the little Raider camp I cleaned out on the 23rd, up the hill, and came to a road. Just beyond the road looms the satellite station, Olivia.

When I arrived on the scene, a Raider and his mutt were fighting two bloatflies. I let the Raider and mutt kill the flies, then I popped the dog and Raider, who were up on a catwalk and balcony that leads to a utility shed near the dish. A second Raider was in the bunker containing the entrance to the underground part of the facility, with his friggin' back turned to window! Can you believe that?! He took a sword to the side of the neck and that was that for the surface defenders of Olivia. Later I'll return and clear out the jerks in the facility proper. See what Abernathy will give me for recovering that stupid locket.

I looted the utility shed up on the catwalk and noticed some molerats scurrying about not too far from the facility's ruined chainlink fence. Through my bolt action's scope I noticed flashing lights on one. The flashing lights of a land mine. Some sick jerk strapped a mine to a molerat! I shot the one with the mine on it when the others were near it, and the resulting explosion took all but one out in one shot. The other went running up the catwalk and I gunned it down with my 10mm.

Just east and a bit south of Olivia I came to a little junkyard with about 4 feral mutts sniffing around. Once they were dead, I searched the junkyard, found some caps and little else of note, then headed straight east towards Tenpines. The PipBoy map showed it being not far over the next hill, so I sunk down into my stalking stance. Stepping carefully so as to avoid making noise, I crested the hill and looked upon Tenpines Bluff.

The settlement at Tenpines Bluff was a pitiful sight. It consisted mostly of farmland for the growing of tato plants, with a small, dilapidated shack for the settlers' home and an old ruined house on the fringe of the settlement. There was a workbench right behind the shack, a cook fire out in front of it and a water pump not far from there, so I could see the site had potential. While I was still some distance away, I watched the settlement through my bolt action's scope. Saw just two settlers and when I was confident there were not any more, I carefully moved into position.

There are moments just before a settlement falls when the thrill almost becomes overwhelming. Your pulse quickens, your vision becomes more focused, and you get this feeling like nothing can stop you! The two settlers at Tenpines died without a fight. The first guy was tending to the tato plants and he took a shot to the head. The woman, who was in the shack, had gotten up to investigate the gunshot and was shot through the abdomen, the bullet destroying her spine. With just two well placed shots, Tenpines was mine! Having dispatched the former residents, I moved in to see what I was working with.

I had a lot of daylight left so after I spent some time looking around Tenpines, I headed southeast and crossed a small chasm made by a railroad cut through via a shaky rope bridge. Once across, I killed a feral mutt and continued southeast to a ruined elevated highway. Straight ahead was a huge crashed aircraft. Just before, and to the right of the aircraft wreckage was an outpost of some sort accessed by a fallen segment of elevated highway. The top of the ramp was guarded by a turret so I popped it and the spotlight to its left with my rifle. With that threat eliminated, I sneaked my way up the ramp.

The interior of the outpost is the lower deck of the elevated highway and was guarded by two mercenary types armed with laser weapons. I took them out with my rifle and then found a lift that went to the upper deck. As soon as it cleared the top, I was confronted with a sniper who was patrolling the top level. Luckily he had his back to me so I was able to pop him before he could turn around and shoot me. After clearing the outpost, I looted it and hauled the stuff back to Tenpines, and called it a day.

Well log, it's been a busy day and I'm exhausted. Tomorrow I'll demolish the shack and ruined house here at Tenpines and start building a structure of my own. This is going to make an excellent outpost!

Victoria out.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 7 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Vicky had a long day of murdering people!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 7 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 7 2017, 03:55 PM) *

Vicky had a long day of murdering people!

Well to be fair, the Gunners and Raiders would have attacked her on sight so we'll consider those cases as "preemptive strikes", tongue.gif
The Tenpines killings? Definitely murder, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 8 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #57

Paladin
Group Icon

Victoria's pretty darn good at using range to her advantage. A fine sniper, she be! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 8 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

True to her style, she secured the Tenpines shack for herself only. She seemed to enjoy killing those farmers.

Is the guy's shirt vanilla? It looks AWESOME. bigsmile.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 8 2017, 07:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 8 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 8 2017, 01:52 PM) *

Is the guy's shirt vanilla? It looks AWESOME. bigsmile.gif

Nope, it's part of a mod called Eli's Armor Compendium. Adds a bunch of awesome clothes that fit in quite well with the post apocalyptic setting. A lot of the random settlers and scavers will spawn with these clothes.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 8 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 8 2017, 01:45 PM) *

Victoria's pretty darn good at using range to her advantage. A fine sniper, she be! goodjob.gif

Yep! That said, she just went through an interior space using mostly her "sword". It was pretty fun!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:30 PM