Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World Of Warcraft
Intestinal Chaos
post Oct 31 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Come discuss World of Warcraft! State your character and server

Right now I have a level 9 Undead Warlock on the Kael'Thas sever and a level 5 Night Elf Rogue on the Frostmane server.

Kael'Thas is waaaay to full but I can't move my character for unknown reasons (it states you can move characters that inhabit high population realms, and I qualify) I'm probably just going to remake him.

I am anticipating the new expansion pack "Burning Crusade". I just knew they had to put the Blood Elves into the game sometime. I'm wondering just what the new unreleased race will be for the Alliance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Scrooluse
post Oct 31 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Curmudgeonly Alchemist

All my characters are based on one server; Windrunner.

Currently I've got going
Hamking - lvl 60 Dwarf Paladin
Tavion - lvl 40 Night Elf Hunter
Boddynock - lvl 23 Gnome Warlock
Velliandra - lvl 20 Human Rogue
Amaryllis - lvl 20 Night Elf Warrior
Calim - lvl 16 Human Mag

For the time being I'm concentrating heavily on my Hunter, he seems to be infinately more amusing to play than my Pally. From what Blizzcon had RUMORED is that the Pandaren would be the new alliance race.

A minor readup on it is Here

--------------------
The mind of a child is filled with the most wondrous of magic. This is simply due to the fact that is has not yet been rotted away from the horrible jading of experience.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Oct 31 2005, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

I do not want to interrupt the flow of this thread, but I am curious if War Of Warcraft is a good enough game to buy. I like the Blizzard and Blizzard North companies so I thought I might like it, but I never really went out to buy it. I loved the Diablo games though, quite addictive.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Oct 31 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

It's the best MMORPG on the market... but it costs money per month. It's not worth it to me (past the free trial) to pay money every month.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Oct 31 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Oct 31 2005, 05:01 PM)
It's the best MMORPG on the market... but it costs money per month.  It's not worth it to me (past the free trial) to pay money every month.

You have to pay? Pfft that is probably the reason I never bought it, I dislike having to pay for playing the game I already paid for, I mean Diablo II Lord Of Destruction's multiplayer online was free and addictive.... oh well...

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Scrooluse
post Oct 31 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Curmudgeonly Alchemist

*chuckles* Oh I love this.. you have to pay? Of course you do.

Why? Well I'm no financial advisor nor do I claim to be any kind of expert on the monetary expenditures, but I feel that WoW is well worth the fifteen bucks a month. Why? Simply because I can count on hours of mass entertainment, prompt response to issues, and no Sony-era Everquest apathy.

Sure, I could go with a lesser game for no cost, but there are amusing little perks throughout the game that makes the cost of everything extremely worthwhile. Fanboy? Maybe a little bit, but I'm merely stating what I construe to be the positive aspects of the game.

--------------------
The mind of a child is filled with the most wondrous of magic. This is simply due to the fact that is has not yet been rotted away from the horrible jading of experience.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Nov 1 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Had WC3 TFT... I will only get so damn addicted like all others who play this game so I dont play World of Warcraft even tho I would want to try it but I promise I'll get so addicted and I dont have time for that laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Nov 1 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

I highly doub the pandaren will be the new alliance race laugh.gif It just sounds too ridiculous and has nothing to do with the lore. Blizzard always seems to like to throw Pandarens in the mix, but their almost always an easter egg.
I'm not quite sure just what the new Alliance race will be but I'm eager to find out.

It seems you have played for awhile Scrooluse. I'm just a newbie but I'm an experienced MMORPGer and it won't be too hard to get to those higher levels. And by the way, it disgusts me by how many people who play are unfamiliar with the lore. I have been playing WarCraft since WC1 and the lore is crucial to my enjoyment. How could anyone play in total ignorance? *shiver*

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: Nov 1 2005, 05:38 PM
+Quote Post
Scrooluse
post Nov 1 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Curmudgeonly Alchemist

I haven't played all that long. If I'm not mistaken I've played WoW since roughly March. The levelling curve is alot more forgiving than Everquest. Being a veteran of that since perhaps a few months since the first expansion Ruins of Kunark, I drifted away shortly after the Dungeons of Norrath.

I've been an avid MMORPG'er for quite awhile and an overall RPG fanatic since I was a little Scrooluse, beginning with pnp Dungeons & Dragons some 20 odd years ago.

WoW is just the latest incarnate of a solid online game, and I can easily see myself playing it for a good while to come yet, simply because they have released more in updated patches than I could really ask for. Not to mention the holiday content is flat-out amusing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Nov 1 2005, 05:40 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

Ah yes, I enjoyed the various costumes I experienced during Halloween. I enjoy WoW far more than any MMORPG I have ever played. I don't get to play as much as I like (a busy life coupled with a bad computer) but I have finally gotten a job (I'm 16) and that should supply me with enough money to cure my lag problem.

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: Nov 1 2005, 05:42 PM
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Nov 2 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Scrooluse @ Nov 1 2005, 05:38 PM)
I haven't played all that long. If I'm not mistaken I've played WoW since roughly March. The levelling curve is alot more forgiving than Everquest. Being a veteran of that since perhaps a few months since the first expansion Ruins of Kunark, I drifted away shortly after the Dungeons of Norrath.

I've been an avid MMORPG'er for quite awhile and an overall RPG fanatic since I was a little Scrooluse, beginning with pnp Dungeons & Dragons some 20 odd years ago.

WoW is just the latest incarnate of a solid online game, and I can easily see myself playing it for a good while to come yet, simply because they have released more in updated patches than I could really ask for. Not to mention the holiday content is flat-out amusing.

Not worth it. It's an addiction, these MMOs. Sure, they're fun, but I don't game more than maybe 10 hours a week, so I'm paying 15 bucks a month for 40 hours of hacking and slashing with a few really fun party attacks in between.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scrooluse
post Nov 2 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #12

Curmudgeonly Alchemist

True, for alot of people it isn't worth it given time constraints.

But given my inability to work (I'm confined to a wheelchair quite a bit of time due to spinal injuries recieved as a child), I tend to have too much time on my hands.

As such I tend to split it among expanding my knowledge, entertainment, and productivity with woodworking/writing/etc. I do agree it is an addiction, but for alot of people it is an escape after a rough day all around, and I really can't blame them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Nov 3 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Well, hell, I "donate" to EVE-Online just to train my skills up.. stupid of me yes, however fun it really is.

I played the WoW trial and loved it.. Only prob is I cant buy the game via download so going to a store and purchasing it is rather difficult.

I got guild wars and several other games off the net just by downloading and I love it.

BTW My guys is a level 17 Pally and a 7 Undead Warlock.

Anyone want to donate to the Get the Channler a WoW Fund? biggrin.gif

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dark_Elf_
post Nov 3 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #14

Retainer

I have two characters (both on Cenarion Circle), one for the Alliance and another for the Horde.

Aibiling - level 23 Dwarf Hunter
Jembarti - level 16 Troll Shaman

I haven't played WoW for a while, so the levels might not be accurate.

EDIT: Just checked and I got the levels right, but my hunter's name is spelled Aibhiling.

This post has been edited by Dark_Elf_: Nov 3 2005, 03:49 AM

--------------------
I'm always anonymous...

I am a student at the Academy of Daedric Studies.

Red eyes seem to glitter at you from the darkness...
+Quote Post
Argo
post Nov 3 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #15

Evoker

if you liked warcraft and other blizz games, you'll probably LOVE WoW.

Terenas: Argonautt, Undead Rogue lvl 53 (making heavy use of the "cannibalize" function to regain his stats)

but be aware: its highly addictive!
+Quote Post
morganthefay
post Nov 3 2005, 11:48 AM
Post #16

Retainer

biggrin.gif well hi all! biggrin.gif been off doing RL stuff and working in the evenings so been difficult to get on for a while... plus I have to confess.. WoW has sucked me in blink.gif
I am playing as
Morganthefay 53 druid (NE)
Brumhilda 12 rogue (Dwarf)
Ravenwing 12 warlock(Human)
topknot 2 mage(gnome)
on the Al'akir server(europe)

It is just SOOOOOO addictive!! Hubby got me into it .. and we have not left ! he already has 2 char at 60!
oh also have
Udderone horde tauren shaman 10
and
Mstafahairdo horde undead warrior 2
!!

still check in on occasion... great video they put out nice to see it ... officially
ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Nov 3 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

I forgot to mention my character names. The undead Warlock is named Necrophage and the Night Elf Rogue is name Kelinthalas. All out of the mind of moi.
+Quote Post
Brood
post Nov 3 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #18

Evoker

I believe it would be worth the $15, but I would not be able to find time...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Nov 9 2005, 05:31 PM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

I plain and simple love MMORPGS, so I definatly think it's worth 15$ a month. I tend to finish most singleplayer games (except morrowind) in a month anyway and they usually cost more than 15$. MMORPGs on the other hand stays fun for usually more than a month, and if it gets boring, you just stop paying! It's so genious smile.gif Oh yeah, most good mmos keep your characters for a loong time anyway (pretty much for ever), so if you ever want to play again just type in CC-info and there you go, back at were you left it smile.gif

Well that's my penny on MMOs.

Considering WoW.
I tried it, I liked it and I leveled a night elf druid to lvl 39, then suddenly it wasn't fun anymore. Maybe because the honour system came on and I was staying in stranglethorn valley were at that time was pretty busy with highlevels gaing easy honourpoints killing distracted questers. (me being a distracted quester) Or maybe just because my guild ran away from me in lvls; I tent to take longer (sometimes A LOT longer) to level up than most people.

I have considered bringing it up again, however there are so many good MMOs I also want to bring back to life, Star Wars Galaxies, Eve Online and Everquest 2 to be precise.

Edit: I must start reading my posts BEFORE I post them.... (spelling and grammar adjustment)

This post has been edited by Bofra: Nov 9 2005, 05:34 PM

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Nov 10 2005, 02:53 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I don't tend to pay for single-player games that only last a month. Anyway, all games these days have something that keeps the money coming in for servers. Guild wars for instance has expansions coming in all the time, same with battlefield and of course clan systems keep all the members of the clans prompted to buy the expansions, so it seems sort of like for every multiplayer game your are paying some sort of a fee. If my job ever really picks up I'll get the energy to pay the fee for WoW, but for now I'm glad I got to play Grindley, my night-elf ranger.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:59 PM