Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Computer Or 360?, What will you get it for?
Computer or 360?
Computer or 360?
Xbox 360 [ 21 ] ** [37.50%]
Computer [ 32 ] ** [57.14%]
Both [ 3 ] ** [5.36%]
Total Votes: 56
Guests cannot vote 
Million
post Feb 13 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #1

Retainer

biggrin.gif what r u getting it for?

--------------------
Name: Maximus
Race: Nord
Sign: Shadow
Master in: Blade, Bow
Factions: Champion of Cyrodiil, Listener, Grand Champion,Head of Theives guild,
Played Hours: 103
Level: 34
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Feb 13 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #2

Evoker

prolly X360, 'cuz my family usually sux up the time on the computer.... biggrin.gif but that's ok, 'cuz I'm buying a new X36o soon, so I'll have precious Oblivion time. To myself.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
DaedraMaster
post Feb 13 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #3

Associate

Computer all the way. the modding capabilities on it will be 10 fold better than the 360.
From what ive heard the 360 is one of the main reasons why they are dumbing up the game so much too.

just a thing to say but i think that this pole was already made before.

This post has been edited by DaedraMaster: Feb 13 2006, 07:30 AM

--------------------
words of wisdom

In america money says "In God We Trust."
In Soviet russia we Have no money.
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Feb 13 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Devs have said many a time that they wouldn't use xbox 360 if they needed to dumb down the game, nor have they used the full potiential of the xbox 360; they are dumbing down the game so people can afford PCs which can run it.

I'll play computer given all expenses work out, if I am short I will be forced to by 360.
+Quote Post
DaedraMaster
post Feb 13 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #5

Associate

Im probably wrong but I just threw that out there since I heard it somewhere, wasnt quite sure if it was true but it made sense since I read that they couldnt keep the fps at a solid 30 on the 360 so they had to take stuff out of the game. I guess it could have been the same expectation for a moderate computer rig too that made them remove aspects of the game.

--------------------
words of wisdom

In america money says "In God We Trust."
In Soviet russia we Have no money.
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 13 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

360... cos my PC doesn't have the right Specs and I already have a 360... seems like the logical choice.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Bofra
post Feb 13 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

Well I never found consoles take my interest, the only consoles I've ever owned was an 8-bites Nintendo (THAT was fun) and later a Nintendo 64 (not much fun except Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mario 64).

Asides from that I find computers excell in pretty much everything compared to consoles, just to mention that you can actually do OTHER stuff than playing games with a computer tongue.gif.

In the Morrowind/Oblivion subject then one thing makes a PC hundreds and hundreds and several more hundreds of times better than a console: Modding possibility. Morrowind is a great game as it is, but so are many other games, however there was so much room for improvement that the modding community took over. This makes Morrowind my favourite game of all time, and if Oblivion doesn't beat it then I doubt any game will.. smile.gif

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
Marxist ßastard
post Feb 14 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #8

Evoker

That's not to mention IQ for price.

Without buying a $US2000 HDTV, the highest resolution you'll be able to use with a console is 684x486 (disregarding NTSC/PAL differences) -- and that's with a lot of video options hardwired in. A liberal guess would be that Oblivion on X-Box 360 would mean 2xAA and no AF.

Compare that with a $US200 CRT, which can run at 1792x1344, has loads of color correction options and a relative size that can't be beat, and when paired with a card that has a decent amount of video memory, can put astounding amounts of AA and AF onto the image. Let's also not forget that PC also automatically means more settings -- I truly pity the X-Box users who have had to play Morrowind with linear lighting for the past four years.

--------------------
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

- Benford's Law of Controversy
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Feb 14 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Marxist ßastard @ Feb 14 2006, 05:43 AM)

Without buying a $US2000 HDTV, the highest resolution you'll be able to use with a console is 684x486 (disregarding NTSC/PAL differences) -- and that's with a lot of video options hardwired in.  A liberal guess would be that Oblivion on X-Box 360 would mean 2xAA and no AF.

Compare that with a $US200 CRT, which can run at 1792x1344, has loads of color correction options and a relative size that can't be beat, and when paired with a card that has a decent amount of video memory, can put astounding amounts of AA and AF onto the image.  Let's also not forget that PC also automatically means more settings -- I truly pity the X-Box users who have had to play Morrowind with linear lighting for the past four years.

Hmm, actually I've never thought about that, I almost always look up a tweak site for every game I install before I play so it is kind of natural to me, guess it's another good reason to get the PC-version.

The only good think I can think of a console (besides being slightly cheaper than an equal computer) is that you can play in a more layd-back manner, sitting in the livingroom sofa and relaxed have a couple of hours of calm and fun adventuring. However that is technincally possible with a computer aswell although not really nescessary. I guess it's hard to be "laydback" when you get attacked by several deadric monsters or decomposing zombies in a scary ruin anyway. tongue.gif

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 14 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bofra @ Feb 14 2006, 01:38 AM)
Hmm, actually I've never thought about that, I almost always look up a tweak site for every game I install before I play so it is kind of natural to me, guess it's another good reason to get the PC-version.

The only good think I can think of a console (besides being slightly cheaper than an equal computer) is that you can play in a more layd-back manner, sitting in the livingroom sofa and relaxed have a couple of hours of calm and fun adventuring. However that is technincally possible with a computer aswell although not really nescessary. I guess it's hard to be "laydback" when you get attacked by several deadric monsters or decomposing zombies in a scary ruin anyway. tongue.gif

It's easier when there is a loverseat that you can sit up in or lay down in right in front of you computer screen, which is how I have mine set up. I have my cpu beside my TV stand and the screens for both my TV and my computer rest on the stand while my loveseat is on rollers so I can just move it back and forth when I get up/go to sit down. Yea it's sweet.

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
jayjay333
post Feb 14 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

xbox 360 tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Million
post Feb 14 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #12

Retainer

Im getting mine for the 360 cuz my parents hate it when Im on the computer for no reason!?! And just cuz I have my 360 in my room and I have a couch in my room so its all good.

--------------------
Name: Maximus
Race: Nord
Sign: Shadow
Master in: Blade, Bow
Factions: Champion of Cyrodiil, Listener, Grand Champion,Head of Theives guild,
Played Hours: 103
Level: 34
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 15 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

There aint as many errors and technical jargon with a console and I already have a HD TV biggrin.gif

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Joey1666
post Feb 15 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #14

Retainer

if u hav xbox360 lik me lads and u hav live no need to fear. u can download mods! for ur xbox im dedly serious .
+Quote Post
Marxist ßastard
post Feb 15 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #15

Evoker

if u lads hav xbox onli if their frum bethesda and i think u haf to pay! 2 download im lik dedly serius .

This post has been edited by Marxist ßastard: Feb 15 2006, 12:09 PM

--------------------
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

- Benford's Law of Controversy
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Feb 15 2006, 12:55 PM
Post #16

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Play nice.
+Quote Post
Loki
post Feb 15 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #17

Evoker

Quote from Daedra Master
360 is one of the main reasons why they are dumbing up the game so much too.

NOT TRUE!!!! It will run on a high level standars on the 360 whereas you may have to "dumb it down" if you have a less than leading edge PC
+Quote Post
sins_to_dark
post Feb 15 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #18

Agent

Definatly the xbox 360, it already has all the hardware needed for oblivion they are dumbing it down for people who want the game but havnt got the pc to run it on, wasn't oblivion orignally meant to be a release title for the 360?

This post has been edited by sins_to_dark: Feb 16 2006, 05:21 PM

--------------------
I don't think you trust, in, my, self rightious sucide, I, cry, when angels deserve to die
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Feb 16 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

Got a pretty decent computer. Oblivion wont look as good as the Xbox 360. But I dont like controllers that much. Especially in games like morrowind. And I also like modding the game a bit. And the modding community is already ready to mod like heck for oblivion. I recommend Xbox 360 for people who dont have computers good enough, or dont have the money for a good computer. And you will need a pretty nice PC to play oblivion well.

Be sure to have High-def when you play on your TV! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Smellslikepie
post Feb 16 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #20

Associate

QUOTE(Marxist ßastard @ Feb 14 2006, 05:43 AM)

Without buying a $US2000 HDTV, the highest resolution you'll be able to use with a console is 684x486 (disregarding NTSC/PAL differences) -- and that's with a lot of video options hardwired in.  A liberal guess would be that Oblivion on X-Box 360 would mean 2xAA and no AF.

Compare that with a $US200 CRT, which can run at 1792x1344, has loads of color correction options and a relative size that can't be beat, and when paired with a card that has a decent amount of video memory, can put astounding amounts of AA and AF onto the image.  Let's also not forget that PC also automatically means more settings -- I truly pity the X-Box users who have had to play Morrowind with linear lighting for the past four years.

Thats not true... Get a vga cable and you can play your 360 through your computer screen! voila! HD
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:01 PM