Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Project HOBO
Lopov
post Sep 13 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I decided to bring my legendary wanderer from the Capital Wasteland to the Commonwealth. I'll copy some notes I've been making here, writing about it will give me some more ideas.

SPECIAL and STATS:

S 8
P 5
E 10
C 1
I 5
A 8
L 5

I'll boost his SPECIAL with the console, so it'll be the same as in FO3. I'll also boost his initial damage resistances and rad resistance (console command modav.radresistexposure).

The Hobo's far from a r00kie, so I'll also give him some perks from the very start, namely regarding guns, rifles, explosives, melee, lockpick, animal friend, weapon crafting.

Inventory:

That is where I almost lost my entire enthusiasm. Since the roving trader outfit was never ported to FO4, I had to search for something else, something that'd fit an old tramp. As much as I like various outfits from the Nexus, and sometimes have troubles deciding which of them to use for "Snake" Logan, it was a completely opposite experience when finding the appropriate outfit for the Hobo. Not to mention that 50% outfits are meant for almost naked women, even other outfits weren't appropriate for him. It also bothered me that 99% outfits are super clean.

I should have had more trust in the vanilla game. Browsing the outfit page on the Wiki, I came upon the explorer outfit. First the name caught my attention, then the looks. It's not perfect, but it'll do.

If I had troubles finding the main outfit, I was very happy when I found out, that the Chinese General Hat was ported to FO4 as a mod.

There weren't any problems with finding a similar-to-FO3 looking backpack, because there's lots of backpack mods available. He'll use the most left one.

Weapons he'll start with, are listed below - it's more or less the same assortment as in FO3:

-Hunting rifle (with the long barrel - add Reba with the console, then rename it)
-Shishkebab
-Railway rifle - download a mod for craftable railway spikes
-a regular knife
-some grenades
-some mines
-Dart Gun? - if it exists

Knowing the Hobo, he'll soon find some other weapons but the first three weapons on the list will always be his main ones.

Other stuff:

-RadX
-RadAway
-Stimpaks
-Cigarettes
-Random food and drink
-Lighter - download a mod for a flickering sound when firing up a cigarette
-Lantern - download a mod for craftable and wearable lanterns

I won't add junk to his inventory except some stuff to eat food with, because he'll stockpile lots of junk on his own.

Radio:

The Hobo can't live without listening to the Enclave radio, and fortunately there's a mod for this too.

Appearance:

Shouldn't be too much of a problem recreating his face. He's older now, close to 70s, so I'm thinking of adding him glasses, because his vision worsened.

Starting place: somewhere in the northwest.

That should be all for now, maybe I'll think up of more stuff later on.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:02 AM