5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ghostfence rp: Discussion and Planning #2
jack cloudy
post Feb 22 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #61

Master
Group Icon

Alright, I set up the situation. Just thought I'd announce it here since I edited my last post in the playground instead of making a new one.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Mar 1 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #62

Finder
Group Icon

Yeah, as you've probably figured out by now, I've been pretty busy IRL right now. I don't know if Apelles has been written out yet, or what - the format has changed and it's a bit late at night for me to go through the whole thread right now.
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 15 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #63

Mouth
Group Icon

I plan to get Rothan into the top room and have him find something but probably be caught. He'll hear about the artifact as he's trying to talk his way out of it and suggest it should be recovered, if there was a sixth house sleeper there then they would agree probably because it would either kill him or get them what they wnt with all the suspicion landing on him. That sets up the next part.

Jack - not sure how much of this you want Eno in on. It could give him a reason to stay (some off legal thing) or anything really. Just thought I'd post my plans.

EDIT: Seeing as it's quiet and we've really just arrived at the main location now would be a good moment for anyone wanting to join to do so I think... I can write a summary if anyone wants one (though we're only on playground 2 so there's not so much to read).

This post has been edited by Olen: Mar 16 2010, 10:17 PM

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 17 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Well, let's see. If we were to alter the facts a bit about the artefact, we could feed Eno's professional interest in it. Say we claim it sings some sort of song when touched by the wind. That would be enough for Eno to claim it might be hollow and serve as some sort of exotic musical instrument which would have him dying to inspect it.

As for how things go in the top room, it might be better if you tell me some more about what you expect it to be. I'm assuming an office or an archive since we've switched our investigation towards paperwork. But are there people as soon as we enter, or only when Rothan spots and interacts with whatever he finds?

And I'm not sure if Eno would actually follow Rothan up the stairs now that I think of it. He does have some trouble moving around and stairs would be (or should be) something he'd rather avoid. He might as well just decide to wait at the bottom, inside the building but out of sight to anyone on the top floor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 18 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #65

Mouth
Group Icon

The artifact could certainly be some sort of musical device (noise makes people behave strangly or causes bad dreams type thing?). As for the top room I'm not really certain, probably where the important stuff is, so any valuable items, perhaps the leader(s) office(s) away from the chaos downstairs and some archived paperwork.

Again I'm not sure if I'd have people immediately, if you want Eno there you can write it if you want. If there aren't Rothan pokes around a bit and finds some suspicious ledger before someone walks in on him and demands he sees someone higher up, if there are then he'll just grab something likely looking and strike moderately lucky but be forced to sign up with someone higher up. Either would further us to having some suspicion and a lead on an artifact to recover.

If Eno waits out of sight then he could be caught as well or not, though it might be difficult for him to go on a recovery mission if he's not signed up (unless there's a reason no one cares/notices).

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 19 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #66

Councilor
Group Icon

I like the musical device idea. Sixth house has the bells and stuff, and it gives Eno a reason to be in on the investigation as an instrument maker. I'm thinking of combining the bell and ash statue: read on.

on another note, I'm thinking of another element of the story; figuring out about the artifact to begin with. Maybe while eno and rothan are snooping around finding ledgers and stuff, Rianne and Dralas kinda stumble upon some rumors.

The head leader guy of the camp (who we should think of introducing and come up with a name for pretty soon) is behaving strangely, and people are starting to talk. Dralas and Rianne could overhear some stuff, and get suspicious, as it sounds awfully sixth house-ish.

Then later, after eno and rothan's suspicions meet dralas and rianne's, they all decide to investigate. We sneak into the leader's room or whatever (would have to be separate from the office rothan and eno are in), and find a 6th house bell. That's proof enough of foul play for our characters, but they don't understand the significance of a bell. Turns out, the bell is being used to amplify the power of an ash statue that is hidden far away. (the leader can't be caught with an ash statue in the camp, now could he?)

so we realize who the enemy is, and tell the temple officials, but they dont believe. now that we've told them what we know, though, the leader knows that we know and works faster towards his goals. more and more sleepers pop up in the camp, construction slows terribly, and the corprus monster attacks increase, and our characters have to take matters into their own hands, find the ash statue, and dispatch the bad leader guy.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 19 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #67

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yeah! i like that idea...hmmm of course dralas and rianne can sneak around, nobody cares about a couple of ashlanders...especially not if they're working or just strolling, so yes let's go for it!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Arkava
post Mar 30 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #68

Associate

Hello all,

Hopefully I'm not bothering anything posting over here, but as I'm not allowed to use the PM feature for some reason this is the best I can do smile.gif

I was hoping I could get in on this RPG, it looks great! I would like to join right now, but I would also join after it is finished if you guys would rather. I'm a pretty veteran RPer, and you can check out my character, Faladin, over in the Order of the Black Dragon sign-up page.

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Arkava: Mar 30 2010, 03:38 AM
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 30 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Well, it looks like we'll be busy with this one for quite a while, so I suggest that instead of waiting you could just hop right in. Feel free to make a character in the character thread so we can see how to fit him/her in.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 30 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #70

Mouth
Group Icon

Yea this RP needs the people, I see no reason why you shouldn't join up. We've just reached the construction site of ghostgate (you might want to read over what's been said/RPed already to get a better idea of what's going on) so it would be easy to place a character as already there before we got there (or even on the caravan we came in on I suppose).

If you need any more stuff explained just ask...

And while I'm posting what exactly do we want this artifact to be? Some sort of musical thing but where? How well guarded etc. Basically having had him caught looking at it I moved things on abit but I don't want to step on anyone elses toes. I could have him suggest going to get it as mentioned then requesting Dralas and Rianne as ashlander guides, or anything really. I'd like suggestions before I move him on though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 2 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

Well, I thought that the plan was that of an ash statue, linked to a bell. The bell would be in the office, and the statue in a different location.

Of course, Eno just ran out of the door. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. But anyway, for the location. How about we plop down an ancient, abandoned fort somewhere nearby? We can use that as our sixth house base and it makes more sense to me to look for artefacts there than try to investigate every single cave on the island. As for why the fort isn't there during Morrowind the game...They used it shortly after the events of the rp as construction materials for the gate or something.

How wel guarded...the important thing to remember is that right until the end, the sixth house worked kept its existence and activities as much a secret as possible. So let's extend that and make the fort completely undefended on the outside and little more than a token defense on the inside.

Mostly sleepers, maybe one or two ash zombies and for the leader of the place...let's take an Ash ghoul. Sleepers and vampires are a bit too high and even the ghoul is pushing it.

Regardless of professional curiosity, Eno will probably offer to come along. He feels kinda guilty for not being able to help Rothan out of his predicament and hey, it doesn't sound that dangerous yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Apr 4 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #72

Knower
Group Icon

Hey, sorry I've been on the outs for a bit with this RP. Anyone have any suggestions for getting Dranas involved in things? His knowledge of the ways and hows of smuggling might be useful...

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 5 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #73

Mouth
Group Icon

If you position him in the officey bit Rothan just passed through I'm sure he could become involved. I'm about to have Rothan tasked with going and getting the bell thing (with the intention that he doesn't return) so he'll point out Dranas as someone he wants with him seeing as Rothan knows he can fight and he's less likely to be involved in any funny stuff (well sixth house funny stuff anyway) than a random.

I'll have him point Dranas out and if it's not what you want he can always refuse etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 18 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #74

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok so I think the time has come for Dralas and Rianne to join the pack! wink.gif Maybe Rothan could just "find them" or something. They had heard some strange conversation which maybe Rothan could be interested in...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Olen
post Apr 20 2010, 10:30 PM
Post #75

Mouth
Group Icon

Seeing as I posted last I edited, Rothan has seen them and waved.

If anyone is looking to join this RP I dare say it would do well with more than just five of us. Now would be the time seeing as it would be harder to introduce a character (or at least limit your options more) once we're in the wilderness. A few more people might give it the momentum it needs...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 5 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #76

Councilor
Group Icon

alright, seeing as we're all about to go bell hunting, maybe we should plan the encounter a little? What is in the fortress? Is the bell going to cause strange events on the return trip? Discuss.

Also, I'm noticing a lot of new blood in this little corner of the forums. I'm also noticing that they are having trouble starting up RPs. Well us old fogeys are having trouble keeping RPs going strong once they start. Maybe we all need to combine forces?

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
canis216
post May 6 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #77

Knower
Group Icon

Well, I think the original idea was to have very little resistance on the way in, but some on the way out. Aside from that... I dunno.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Olen
post May 6 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #78

Mouth
Group Icon

I wouldn't bother with any actual battles on the way in, possibly a bit of RPing in the wilderness and maybe some subtle hint of sixth house activity (but not enough to put them off). Then get in and get the bell before meeting some minor ash creatures on the way out? Corpus stalkers, ash slaves and possibly an ash zombie we can bash on the way out before getting into the wilds with the bell.

I hadn't really thought about the journey back though, they could start being affected by the bell a bit, bad dreams and that sort of thing... Or more.

This post has been edited by Olen: May 6 2010, 12:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post May 21 2010, 05:10 AM
Post #79

Knower
Group Icon

Hey Jack, what do you have in mind with Eno's purchase? Unless you're looking to set up something, I'd think we could more or less settle it "off-stage" so to speak.

This post has been edited by canis216: May 21 2010, 05:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 21 2010, 07:20 AM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

I guess that we are holding everyone up. So yeah, let's handle this off-stage. My idea was anyway exactly what Eno proposed. Pay partially in gold, then make a few goodies Heleran can sell. We'll just assume that this isn't the first time he's dealt with instrument makers so he knows exactly what Eno needs.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2024 - 06:38 AM