> Now Watching, Films/ movies discussion
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #3321

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 11 2018, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2018, 03:41 PM) *

EW! Is that what the movie used to represent the urk? Now I won't be eating that again, laugh.gif

No, the real Soylent company only got started a few years ago. They just used crackers for the other types of soylent in the movie. The soylent green didn't even look like real crackers, just like metal or plastic squares colored green (they didn't flake or crumble no matter how they were crushed).

I wonder how they were eaten/chewed if they couldn't be crushed? laugh.gif

IPB Image

It would make a good theme for a party though = soylent green looking cookies and cakes, green ice cream, rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 12 2018, 03:41 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 12 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #3322

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 12 2018, 08:38 AM) *

It would make a good theme for a party though = soylent green looking cookies and cakes, green ice cream, rollinglaugh.gif

Add in some green beer and Khajiit is totally at that party!

Speaking of green beer, anyone ever drink the stuff on St. Paddy’s? Khajiit prefers Guinness on St. Paddy’s so has never touched the green beer.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 12 2018, 03:49 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #3323

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 12 2018, 09:47 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 12 2018, 08:38 AM) *

Add in some green beer and Khajiit is totally at that party!

Speaking of green beer, anyone ever drink the stuff on St. Paddy’s? Khajiit prefers Guinness on St. Paddy’s so has never touched the green beer.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2018, 02:05 AM
Post #3324

Ancient
Group Icon

I am watching Salem's Lot, the original from the 70s with David Soul. It's a bit dated, and I thought "Mr Barlow" was kind of poorly done. But I still love it. Bonnie Bedelia is playing the girlfriend. That's right. John McClain's (ex) Wife Holly. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2018, 02:15 AM
Post #3325

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 16 2018, 07:05 PM) *

I am watching Salem's Lot, the original from the 70s with David Soul. It's a bit dated, and I thought "Mr Barlow" was kind of poorly done. But I still love it. Bonnie Bedelia is playing the girlfriend. That's right. John McClain's (ex) Wife Holly. smile.gif

Saw that a long time ago but don’t remember a whole lot about it though. Also saw the remake with Rob Lowe they did last decade. Again, don’t remember much about it, lol

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #3326

Ancient
Group Icon

A curling match between Switzerland and Norway!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 17 2018, 12:54 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #3327

Ancient
Group Icon

The Frankenstein Chronicles is now on Netflix! And they are claiming it is their original work!! nono.gif Netflix simply bought it from ITV. But I am not complaining too much. I never had the chance to see the second season.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 21 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #3328

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2018, 06:53 AM) *

Now that's long-distance winter sports!

Or did you just mean the teams come from those places? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 21 2018, 02:36 AM
Post #3329

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 20 2018, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2018, 06:53 AM) *

Now that's long-distance winter sports!

Or did you just mean the teams come from those places? biggrin.gif

Yes. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 22 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #3330

Master
Group Icon

I've not watched a full-length feature film in going on to year now! When my hearing tanked to its now even more pathetic level I sort of lost interest, as a film's sound and music tracks were always of utmost importance to me. I do still watch a LOT of video at YouTube, mainly independent news media, gaming videos, those fewer and fewer classical music clips I hear well enough to enjoy, documentaries on things past, and so on.

But that's beside the point.

Whether or not this is the most appropriate thread to do so, I wish to announce that, after an over four year absence, I have at long last uploaded another game related video. No, not a continuation of my abandoned Oblivion series. This one's about a game I'm currently playing hot and heavy, the railroad empire building early alpha title Mashinky. Unlike every player-made Mashinky video I've seen, and I've seen quite a few, at least in part, mine focuses solely on the game's "realistic view mode," and spends almost the whole of its time in first-person cab engine mode:

Mashinky Scenic Excursions EP01 - from Wigan to Hisherlick

One thing for sure. It'll never win awards for narrative delivery! Still, I'm more satisfied with the results than I expect to be. (But then I had pretty low expectations.) Unlike my old Oblivion episodes, this looks good seen full-screen at 1080p.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 22 2018, 04:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 22 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #3331

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, nice work, Decrepit!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 22 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #3332

Master
Group Icon

quite enjoyable, Decrepit! Takes me back to my childhood spending summers at a railway museum in Wisconsin riding behind steamers and watching the landscape scroll by . . .

One of my most memorable vacation memories was the day I spent riding the Cumbres & Toltec from Antonito to Cumbres Pass. Even though the engine cracked a crankrod and we were stranded on the mesa for about an hour while a repair crew ran out from Antonito, it was a blast and I would totally do it again.

Thanks for an enjoyable watch! Even Google's mangled captions didn't ruin the ride.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 22 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #3333

Ancient
Group Icon

Decrepit Railways. I hope this will cure my insomnia! laugh.gif

I was wondering about how you came up on the name Hisherlick. I did guess right that it was inspired by Troy!

*Waves goodbye to Train 253!*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 22 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #3334

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 22 2018, 11:54 AM) *

quite enjoyable, Decrepit! Takes me back to my childhood spending summers at a railway museum in Wisconsin riding behind steamers and watching the landscape scroll by . . .

One of my most memorable vacation memories was the day I spent riding the Cumbres & Toltec from Antonito to Cumbres Pass. Even though the engine cracked a crankrod and we were stranded on the mesa for about an hour while a repair crew ran out from Antonito, it was a blast and I would totally do it again.

Thanks for an enjoyable watch! Even Google's mangled captions didn't ruin the ride.

Mangled captions? Oh my! I haven't noticed those. What you might be seeing are not the fault of Google but rather myself. I make couple of my infamous brain-fart mistakes when first typing my vids info. I corrected them, or think I did, almost immediately. Maybe Google is being slow to catch up?

Wow, I envy your experience with railroading. I've had little direct experience riding trains, except during my late 80's stay in Japan, where I took advantage of their excellent rail public transit service every chance I got. I'm old enough to have witnessed the final dying days of steam as it was being obliterated by diesel. Alas, the Cotton Belt tracks that ran through my small hometown were amongst the first to jettison their entire steam loco roster. I never saw a one. Not until during a brief trip to Thailand during my earliest military days, when one of the towns we visited had a train yard full of functional steam engines.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 23 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #3335

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 22 2018, 02:51 PM) *

Decrepit Railways. I hope this will cure my insomnia! laugh.gif

I was wondering about how you came up on the name Hisherlick. I did guess right that it was inspired by Troy!

*Waves goodbye to Train 253!*

Well, if that first episode doesn't cure insomnia, the one I'm working on now surely will. At least I had a few interesting things to say in EP01. With the longer EP02 I run out of ideas partway through and start spewing out filler material of little worth. Nor is its scenery as interesting except maybe at the beginning. I'm gonna re evaluate how I wanna handle long train runs, maybe cut out the more boring bits if they extend too long. We shall see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 27 2018, 02:49 AM
Post #3336

Master
Group Icon

The classic movie Blade Runner.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 27 2018, 03:36 AM
Post #3337

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 26 2018, 07:49 PM) *

The classic movie Blade Runner.

Still haven’t seen it in its entirety.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 28 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #3338

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 26 2018, 08:36 PM) *

Still haven’t seen it in its entirety.

Its a good film even better that my favorite New Age artist Vangelis composed the soundtrack to it.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 1 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #3339

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been watching Hitler's Circle of Evil on Netflix. It reminds me of the good old days when the Hitler History Channel actually had shows about, you know, history. Rather than focusing on Hitler, which has been done to death, this series is all about his inner circle: Goering, Goebbels, Hess, Himmler, Rohm, etc...

It starts in the final months of WWI, and slowly takes us through the creation of the Nazi party, their rise to power, and eventual downfall. The show takes its time, and does it really well. The jockeying for position and infighting among the inner circle is center-stage in most of the show. Likewise the clever use of economic disasters and bigotry they used to gain power (because the Nazi's never took power, it was given to them). For people too young to not be familiar with it, I suggest watching, because it is definitely a cautionary tale that all electorates should be aware of.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 1 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #3340

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 1 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I have been watching Hitler's Circle of Evil on Netflix. It reminds me of the good old days when the Hitler History Channel actually had shows about, you know, history. Rather than focusing on Hitler, which has been done to death, this series is all about his inner circle: Goering, Goebbels, Hess, Himmler, Rohm, etc...

It starts in the final months of WWI, and slowly takes us through the creation of the Nazi party, their rise to power, and eventual downfall. The show takes its time, and does it really well. The jockeying for position and infighting among the inner circle is center-stage in most of the show. Likewise the clever use of economic disasters and bigotry they used to gain power (because the Nazi's never took power, it was given to them). For people too young to not be familiar with it, I suggest watching, because it is definitely a cautionary tale that all electorates should be aware of.

This sounds very interesting. Will probably be checking this out.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

202 Pages V « < 165 166 167 168 169 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:57 AM