Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 102 103 104 105 106 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Acadian
post Sep 26 2022, 04:18 PM
Post #2061

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, really getting around this episode! Too bad they couldn't figure those runes out; perhaps some sort of code for where those steps go? Heh, fun with goblin totems! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Sep 27 2022, 07:54 PM
Post #2062

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 25 2022, 09:50 AM) *

I think I'm going to try Ayleid Steps. These latest stories have gotten me interested. Any advice?

Carry plenty of welkynd stones.. They fail about 10% of the time. So if you find yourself in a place like the Unknown Cave, where the only way out is via the step stone, if your last welkynd fails then you’re stuck. A good teleportation spell would be a handy thing to have. Midas Magic has a good one.

Be prepared for anything. For most Ayleid steps the location you are sent to is random. You just never know if you’re going to wind up looking at a beautiful landscape or fighting for your life in the depths of Lipsand Tarn, Nornalhorst or worse,

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 1 2022, 02:43 AM
Post #2063

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, macole & Lena. I just read the latest episode, Acadian is right! It seems rather confusing, getting sent around by all these teleports! panic.gif

Guess I'll give Ayleid Steps a try at some point. Until then, looking forward to Jandaga's next story.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 1 2022, 11:06 PM
Post #2064

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 30 2022, 08:43 PM) *

Thanks, macole & Lena. I just read the latest episode, Acadian is right! It seems rather confusing, getting sent around by all these teleports! panic.gif

Guess I'll give Ayleid Steps a try at some point. Until then, looking forward to Jandaga's next story.

It is confusing mainly because I haven't learned how to read the stone properly, I do try not to read the included spoilers html but you know how that goes. The surface patterns tellyou different things about the stones. Some
work properly and send you to the same place every time. One pattern sends you to "lost" areas. Broken stones could send you anywhere.

From what little I know, I am still in a side quest, improtant only in getting you familiar with how the steps work. After making a certain amount of jumps the real quest begins, that could some time soon.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 2 2022, 12:32 AM
Post #2065

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh I see, so Steps is pretty new for you, eh?

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 2 2022, 03:57 AM
Post #2066

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 1 2022, 06:32 PM) *

Oh I see, so Steps is pretty new for you, eh?

embarrased.gif Yes, it's one of a group of mods that I always load, since 2013, but never have touched during a play session. My goal since 2017 has been to play them through or at least play a significant part befor this game crashes and burns. The mods are:

Adense_Epic_Dungeon, complete
the lost spires, complete
Vampire Hunting – Order of the Virtuous Blood, complete, kind of,
The Ayleid Steps, in progress,
Midas_Magic_Spells_Of_Aurum, in progress
Hentai Mania2, complete
Integration - The Stranded Light, in progress
Rumple, in progress
and Gweden Brothel, in progress

All have been worth keeping, providing many hours of enjoyment. I will say that the first three are very good. Midas Magic has some interesting, must have spells. Hentai Mania 2 is a personal favorite many may not care for.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 3 2022, 05:43 AM
Post #2067

Mouth
Group Icon

20221002 Stranded Light Integration – Mir Corrup, The Ayleid Steps

Yes, something odd was going and it got even stranger the closer we got to the city walls. There, guarding the entrance stood a Dark Seducer and a Golden Saint. With a stern look upon her face the Mazken approached.

“Oh, it’s a good thing Kaleah isn’t here,” Maeva whispered. “Please be careful, my Jandaga.”

“Halt!”

For a moment I thought I was back in Daggerfall.

“Why do you approach the city of Mir Corrup?” the Mazken demanded.

“Mir Corrup, I’ve heard that name before,” I began. “As headmaster of the Archeology Guild, my lovely assistant and I have been…”

Maeva gave me a soft warning tap on the pauldron.

“…um, Looking for a quiet out of the way spot for a bit of…”

A harder rap made my pauldron ring like a bell, warned me of impending doom.

“…err; We are investigating the Ayleid Step system. Anyways, one step stone took us to a step higher up this mountain. From there we saw the walls of this city. Of course we had to come down and take a look,”

The stoic Dark Seducer Guardian almost broke a smile, shook her head and mumbled, ”Sylphim Fey and their games, they’ll never change.”

Once loosened up the Mazken Guardian became rather talkative, for a Dark Seducer that is, She revealed that during a time of trouble, a general evacuation had been called and as the city’s population fled to the yellow road tunnels everything disappeared. Why, she could not say.

The Golden Saint Guardian had a similar story to tell. The buildings and citizens of Mir Corrup were "gone”, undone by the Jills, the tainted lesser et'ada in servitude of a tainted greater et'ada. The Golden Saint then gave us two reason for why they still remain guarding the abandoned city. First, mages had bound them to guard the city entrance and secondly, Jills have no power over them. So, they remain and will so until released from their binding.

“Interesting,” I said to Maeva. “Let’s look around and see what we can see.”

A tour inside the city walls confirmed what the Golden Saint and Dark Seducer Guardians had said. All that was left was the ruined chantry and shine, the rest was gone.

With time left in the day we surveyed the outer grounds. Just a short distance from Mir Corrup’s main gate we found a large stone gate. Certain that it led to the yellow road tunnels the Guardians talked about, we entered the gate.

Deep in the tunnel, we found a lone Ayleid female living in a small side room. Her name is Datye Endago. She too couldn’t tell us much as to what had happened to Mir Corrup. “One day you’ve got a life, a home, a living. Then you’re living in a cave, still not sure what happened.”

Datye added that, though most did not make it to the tunnel, some of those that did escape re-appeared in Cheydinhal, Chorrol, and the Imperial City.

“Clues,” Maeva exclaimed excitedly. “If we ask around, think we can figure out the mystery of what happened to Mir Corrup?”

Leaving Datye we continued through the tunnel to the exit. As Twinkle guided us along the way we passed by another Twinkle. It appeared to be lost. My Twinkle and the Lost Twinkle had a nice little chat, about what I have no idea. After they traded gossip the Lost Twinkle went on its way and we continued on ours.

Continuing on toward the exit, I wondered what we would encounter next. The answer came quickly, The snap, crackle, and pop of a great bonfire could be heard up ahead and it was getting closer by the minute. A Lost Fiery Guardian, it would have singed my beard if I had one, blazed its way passed us.

Finally we reached the exit and stepped out into Magnus’ warm embrace. Ah, to feel the light of Magnus pouring magika down upon me, it’s like having one’s life force renewed. Oh, so much better than drinking a potion.

Traveling down the Lost Road we could see something dark crisscrossing the road further down the slope. As we got closer the somethings got bigger and bigger. Shadow Dragons! A family of four, two adults and two juveniles, black as the night on cloudy day, Shadow Dragons. Taking on one dragon maybe but four; we may be fearless adventurers but there are lines we prefer not to cross and this is one. There must be a safer way down the mountain.

“Isn’t that Hame over there?” I asked pointing to the Ayleid ruins to our left. “Surely there’s an Ayleid Step in there.”

“If nothing else we can wait in there until the dragons to move on,” Maeva said. With an odd kind of giggle she added, “It’ll be dark and secluded, I’m sure we can find something to do while we wait.”

“Huh?”

Maeva gave me a look, stuck her lower lip out, and marched off toward Hame. I watched her walk away for a moment, wondering what that was all about.

“Oh!” It dawned on me and I hurried on to catch up. “She’ll need my help fighting whatever is in there.”

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 4 2022, 12:25 AM
Post #2068

Paladin
Group Icon

A mystery!

Datye the Ayleid is interesting looking. Impressive ears and height.

Woot! A mate for Twinkle. Maybe?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 8 2022, 05:45 AM
Post #2069

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian: There is a lot more to Integration - The Stranded Light than I had imagined.

I know they are old and I'm just curious, has anyone played with Integration - The Stranded Light or The Ayleid Steps before?

20221007 The Ayleid Steps, Hame Erfinsel Hub - Integration-The Stranded Light, Great Welkynd
“Help I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone
Place is a madhouse
Feels like being stoned
My beacons been moved
Under moon and star
Where am I to go Now that I've gone too far?”

“You think there will be necromancers in there?” Maeva asked, hopping from foot to foot in anticipation.

“If there is an Ayleid Step in Hame we’ll find it,” I told her. “Even if we have to fight through an army of necromancers and the legion of undead that they drag along with them to get to it.”

Maeva was correct in her necromancer assumption. In the very first room, sleeping quarters furnished with a bed and three bedrolls, an OOO Putrid Hand Initiate necromancer summoned spectral wolves to attack us. The relative inexperience of the initiate showed.

A second initiate was found in a room through the northeast hallway. After looting the chests we returned to the bedroom and took a hallway leading southeast. That path led to a room with two floor traps: a spiked pit trap, and a spiked ceiling/rising floor trap. The markings on the floor were obvious and we easily worked our way around them. The Putrid Hand Initiate in the room didn’t fare as well. He got squished by the rising floor trap.

Once past the traps we exited at the far western side of the room. This hall took us to a crossroad. To the right was a stone Ayleid door to Hame Wendesel, to the left we could see an iron gate. Trying the gate first we found it to be locked, requiring a key. Unable to open the gate, we left the closed off section to turn our attention to the Wendesel gate.

“Something is odd here, my Jandaga,” Maeva mentioned. “All these initiates and only one master, could Hame be a school for the Putrid Hand?”

The first thing we saw when we entered Hame Wendesel was a varla stone cage standing in the center of a 4-way intersection. Taking the hallway on the left we ran into a locked iron gate. Requiring a key to unlock, the gate prevented us from continuing further.

Returning to the varla stone cage intersection, down the dark hallway straight ahead of us we could see the dim flicker of a familiar blue light.

“Kmart!” I exclaimed and ran down the hallway to press the switch. As expected we could hear the cage being lifted exposing the varla stone.

Just passed the wall switch was a closed gate with a floor pressure plate in front of it. Stepping on the floor plate opened the gate allowing us to continue down the hallway. Not far down the hallway we stepped into a good sized room where a Putrid Hand Initiate, who apparently had been paying attention to his studies, summoned a couple of spectral knights. Those frozen ghosts gave us a terrible time until I was able to neutralize the necromancer.

Continuing on we came to the stone gate of Hame Silasel. Maeva was having so much fun playing with the necromancers that she encouraged me to keep exploring Hame Wendesel, leaving Silasel for later. Sounded good, so back to the varla stone intersection we went.

There was only one other hallway left to explore, before taking the remaining path we snatched the varla stone, can’t leave that stuff behind. As fortune would have it, this hallway turned out to be a gold mine. There in the center of the hallway, all by itself sat an Ayleid Step stone.

Having found what we came for, we could have used the step and left but I had caught Maeva’s fever and wanted to continue exploring Hame. I couldn’t put my finger on it but there was something about this place.

A little further down the hallway we stepped through an open doorway we entered Hame Wendesel’s necromancer theater, or as Maeva theorizes, class room. She could be right, for in the center of this the large hall, bent over a bloody torso on a lab table, a comely initiate was being instructed on the finer points of corpse dissection by the MOO Putrid Hand Master, Helpar Enaken.

Wasting no time Maeva drew her sword and charged. Helpar Enaken and the student responded by summoning Daedra. I countered with Angel and my favorite Sisters of Insanity. Outnumbered and out classed the initiate fell quickly.

Helpar Enaken, with his wicked Staff of Greater Ice Storm posed a great threat. Still with a little help from my friends he succumbed to our power. Helpar Enaken’s Staff of Greater Ice Storm is now mine.

Now that we’ve investigated all the accessible areas of Wendesel, we left the study hall, returning to the stone Hame Silasel gate.

Passing through the stone gate the hallway took us the entrance of a room even larger than the lab room in Wendesel. As soon as we stepped through the doorway an iron gate closed shut behind us locking us in. only thing we could do was to search the apparently empty exhibition hall.

It was deathly quiet until I found a wall push block switch. Pushing the block caused a portion of the stone wall to shift revealing a hidden small chamber. Sensing fresh air and meat, undead trapped in that small chamber rushed out to attack. We’ve seen this kind of trap before and were prepared. The starving zombies were toast.

Pressing the block switch at the far end of the small chamber, we awaited the revealing of the next chamber. This time it wasn’t the usual zombies that greeted us. Oh no, we got a hideous looking Argonian zombie, an ancient wraith, and a female lich, just for good measure. Lady, help us.

When we were finally able to press the third block switch, got an unexpected surprise, there was no small chamber with treasure. Instead the hidden door opened up to a short tunnel with a well lighted room at the far end.

“Who’s there?” the OOO Putrid Hand Head Master called out.

(In game he is called master, since he has his own private room where the key is located I called him Head Master)

Announcing ourselves we stepped into the room,. The Head Master voiced his objection. Instantly, he blended so well into the background that he became near impossible to see. Only a shimmering reflection told us where he stood, that and the effects of the magic when he cast a spell. With an angel on our side we cornered the Head Master and informed him that school was out for at least the semester.

On his makeshift box of a desk we found a key, the Hame Dungeon Key. We should now be able to area behind the locked gate in the first. Using the newly acquired key, we exited Silasel through the northwest exit.

Not far into the hallway we came across a stone gate leading to Erfinsel. The Ancient Ayleid key opened the gate to Erfinsel telling us that this had something to do with the Ayleid Steps. Brushing away the cobwebs we gazws upon the Hame Erfinsel Step Hub.

From here we made our way back to the locked gate on the first level. Unlocking the gate we entered a room where we were attacked by the MOO Putrid Hand Master, Judonia Caemean. The Argonian won’t make that mistake again.

Looting this room revealed another major find, The Great Welkynd Stone of Hame (Part of the mod Integration Integrated-Stranded Light. I have no idea what it is used for other than to kill you if you touch it.).

“My Jandaga, don’t touch it!” Maeva shouted. “It looks dirty.”

Maeva’s warning came too late, I reached out to take it. The shock nearly killed me. Drinking potions and casting healing spells as fast as could I managed to survive. Lesson learned, I left the stone alone. (Actually I did try it again, the shock was stronger than the first and I died.)

It’s been a long day of fighting and looting. Tired, Maeva and I returned to the sleeping quarters near the entrance to get some rest.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Oct 8 2022, 08:44 AM
Post #2070

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh yes, I remember Hame! What a nightmare, even in vanilla. That self-locking gate shut immediately behind Lena, so her companions were left outside and she had to battle all the undead on her own. Then finally reunited, they too spent the night in the bedroom at the front, and Lena was having bad nightmares... Not surprising, really! She sleepwalked almost right into that double trap, too! Very dangerous to sleepwalk in a place like that.

Good to hear the Jandaga and Maeve managed to get through without sleepwalking into any Ayleid traps (except for that Welkynd stone in the end, that is wink.gif ).

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2022, 12:08 AM
Post #2071

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy and I played Oblivion from 2009 – 2014 but never tried Integration or Ayleid Steps.

Another large and complex Ayleid ruin with the expected hidden rooms and traps. Only this one is a pit of necromancers. I share Maeva’s joyful abandon at killing necromancers and their foul creations.

Uh oh, the Jandaga needs to listen when Maeva warns him about dirty welkynd stones. . . though he’ll probably remember this one for a long time.

Twinkle surely earns its keep when trying to see in those dark rooms!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 9 2022, 01:18 AM
Post #2072

Councilor
Group Icon

I player Ayleid Steps, but so long ago, I've forgotten anything useful. I liked it enough to request permission to include a step in the Rumple Mod, which is not part of the network, but possibly was at one time. You'll know it when you see it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 13 2022, 01:11 PM
Post #2073

Councilor
Group Icon

Vampire Hunting – Order of the Virtuous Blood, complete, kind of,

Oooh, how far did you get? smile.gif As far as Jakben at least?

Yeah, Lost Spires, I also want to try that one too. Truthfully though, I think my days playing Oblivion are pretty much done for a while. It's like a mental block, or something. Not really a huge issue; I feel like I've played this game so much over the past decade+.

Well anyway, yeah, soon as he says "HALT" I thought of ES2! bigsmile.gif What are Jills?

Uh oh, shadow dragons. indifferent.gif

I know that song, the "Stepping into the Twilight Zone" one. Golden Earring, right?

Wow, look at that magical staff. This is a creepy second story. Sheesh, the Jandaga nearly got pwned.

Edit: Never played anything on your list except Vampire Hunting, which Renee Gade III and I completed in 2016, I think.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 13 2022, 01:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 13 2022, 04:08 PM
Post #2074

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 13 2022, 07:11 AM) *

Oooh, how far did you get? smile.gif As far as Jakben at least?

All of the main quests have been completed. What’s left? Well, there’s a portal in the Cheydinhall Mages Guild Hall that takes you to Morrowind. I haven’t used it yet.

Yeah, Lost Spires, I also want to try that one too. Truthfully though,

Yeah, you'll like it. Lived up to the reputation as one of the best.

I know that song, the "Stepping into the Twilight Zone" one. Golden Earring, right?

Correct cake.gif

I think my days playing Oblivion are pretty much done for a while. It's like a mental block, or something. Not really a huge issue; I feel like I've played this game so much over the past decade+.

Oh, there'll come a day when the urge to save some rats will drag you back Anvil. salute.gif

What are Jills?

Jills, from what I know, are dragon like Deadra whose function is to fix time after Dragon Breaks. Personally, I don’t think they do a very good job.
They first appear pretty much exclusively in Michael Kirkbride's not-necessarily-canon ramblings; Nu-Mantia Intercept, Nu-Hatta & the Sphnixmoth Inquiry Tree, and the like. C0DA fandom made them lore friendly. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by macole: Oct 13 2022, 04:16 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 15 2022, 05:57 AM
Post #2075

Mouth
Group Icon

20221014 Ayleid Steps, Rumple

The next morning came way too soon. After the morning devotions and a bite to eat we went back down to the lone Ayleid Step in the Wendesel zone. This step took us far to the south in the Blackwood.

“Well, now that we’re away from Hame and the dragons,” I told Maeva. “I think we should inform the Stranded Light of finding Mir Corrup before we return to Anvil.”

“My Jandaga, could we please go to market and sell some of this stuff, first,” Maeva pleaded.

Good idea. Using the Midas Astral Gate we traveled to the Universitum Arcanorum where we began a day of shopping at Midas’ Magic - Spells and Sundries. After trading with Midas it was on to the Market District, where we ran nearly every shop in the district out of funds. Then after giving Maeva her share and depositing the rest in the bank it was off to the Goddess Store. There’s a nice little bar there were I can while away the time.

As we were entering The Goddess Store, we ran into Elenya who was just leaving.

“Elenya,” I greeted her. "What an pleasant if not unexpected surprise to see you here."

“Well, what did you expect?” Elenya exclaimed. “it was boring sitting around waiting for you to get back, Besides, my outfit seems to have shrunk a bit so I brought it in for some adjustments.“

Elenya may have been leaving when Maeva and I arrived but that didn’t stop her from turning tight around to accompany Maeva in another excursion of the premises. In the meantime, I went down to the bar for a drink and to settle the account. By the size of the tab Elenya wasn’t the only one that needed armor adjustments.

Shopping all done the three of us retired to the Archmage’s quarters for the night. The next morning we left the Imperial City in search of the Ayleid Step that solves the riddle:

"Reed this: from the tower to the east, below the left slingshot arm, 3 steps."

“You know where we are going?” I asked Elenya and Maeva.

“Yes,” they answered in unison. “It’s along the Reed River, somewhere near Arkved’s Tower.”

Finding Elenya at the Goddess Store wasn’t really that unexpected but the real shock was when we were leaving the Goddess Store. Out of habit, taking a wary glance up and down the docks I happened to spot… the unmistakable uniform of a Bear Rider.

Oh boy, it’s going to be one of those days.

“Gudrun what are you doing here?”

Business, it turns out. In a dispute with Chancellor Ocato, Gudrun requested office space in the Imperial City thinking that Ocato would refuse and give up on his demand for the Riders to patrol the Valus Mountains. Chancellor Ocato called Gudrun’s bluff by finding space on the Waterfront. Now, Gudrun had come to inspect her new office. She asked if I’d like to go along, of course I followed.

Gudrun led us to her new Imperial City office, which turned out to be nothing more than an abandoned cellar. What a mess, cobwebs stretched across every inch of the hallway and dust deep enough to leave footprints, told us no one had occupied this space for a long time. And to top it off, it’s haunted.

The ghostly figure of an Argonian stood in the far dark corner of the cellar. A sordid tale of treachery and madness the Argonian ghost told us. A successful trade business ruined when the Argonian was betrayed, murdered by his business partner. The partner, Jim from Skingrad, had suddenly gone mad. Believing that he was a Goblin, Jim killed the Argonian and then disappeared.

Now to clean up the new office we’ll have to start with exorcising the ghost. That will require extracting revenge on Goblin Jim. That presents a dilemma, a question in ethics.

Jim from Skingrad, could that be Goblin Jim? It’s been a long time since we first heard about Goblin Jim from Fadus Calidius of the Skingrad Fighters Guild. Fadus boasted about hunting goblins in the area around Skingrad. Finding nothing sporting in the wanton killing of so called semi-intelligent beings, we at the time had declined hunting Goblin Jim. Now it appears that Goblin Jim is not so innocent.

“It’s an affront to Nature!” Elenya cried upon hearing of the man who claimed to be a Goblin.

“Sister, it’s foul murder,” declared Maeva. “Righteous vengeance is ours.”

While I don’t know about their reasoning, it is necessary to deal with Goblin Jim. To begin our search for Goblin Jim’s cave, I cast the Take Me Home spell to send us to Rosethorn Hall. There we spent the night and left Skingrad the following morning.

Heading north, we took our time through the Skingrad outskirts (Better Cities is a bit jaggy here, stutters badly and crashes at times. I think a later version has improved this). By mid-day we spotted Goblin Jim’s Cave.

The still warm body of a knight of the Order of the Dragonborne (OOO) lay in front of the entrance to the cave, warning us the dangers within.

Searching the first level of the cave we found a skill book and encountered a few White Skin Tribe Goblins but no sign of Goblin Jim.

The next level, Whiteskin City was interesting. If it hadn’t been for Twinkle lighting the way, we surely would have walked off the rocky shelf and fallen to the chasm floor below.

It was in Goblin Jim’s Panty that things really got hairy. Here in the tight corridors the White Skin Goblins sprung their ambush, attacking from all directions. Goblin Jim summoned a spider Daedra and the corridor became a crowded melee. While I took on Goblin Jim my companions raced to engage the Daedra and Goblin force. It wasn’t easy but they quickly fell to our power,

With Goblin Jim out of the way, we found some acceptable beds to use for the night. Next morning we hurriedly traveled back to the abandoned Imperial Trade Company cellar on the Waterfront.

What’s puzzling is why were there so few goblins in Goblin Jim’s Cave? The cave system is large enough hold three times as many goblins then what we encountered. The answer may be that the White Skin Totem is missing. Could the main White Skin raiding party is out hunting for it?

When informed of Goblin Jim’s demise the Argonian ghost thanked us and politely left. Arms akimbo, Gudrun stared intently at the filthy cellar.

“Well I guess I better get to work,” she said. Then suddenly, as if she just realized what was next door, she beamed, “But, first I’m going shopping. Who’s with me?”

I tried to object but the three ladies were out the door in a flash.

“Wake me when you get back,” I shouted as the door slammed shut. Weakly, knowing it wouldn’t be heard, I added, “We do need to find the next Lost Ayleid Ruin.”

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 15 2022, 11:12 PM
Post #2076

Paladin
Group Icon

Gudrun is hard to miss. At first thought, it might seem the Goddess Store would find her a real challenge to outfit. But then I remember one of the Goddess' profit tenants: 'The less fabric in the attire, the higher the price'. tongue.gif

Goblin Jim is no more. Is that snus touches I see in his dungeon? Never had the mod but I've seen pics.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 17 2022, 10:50 PM
Post #2077

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 15 2022, 05:12 PM) *

Goblin Jim is no more. Is that snus touches I see in his dungeon? Never had the mod but I've seen pics.

It's been so long that I've seen a vanilla cave I wanted to check some form IDs first. Yes, primarily this is Snus and Better Dungeons working together. Most of cave structural changes from original Goblin Jim’s Cave is Snus. For instance, in the first level picture, the central stone pillar and much of the greenery is touched by Snus.

Again in the Pantry nearly all the clutter is added by Snus with a few items added by Better Dungeons.

Better Dungeons also adds some of the plants under the skylight. I’m not sure what adds the the skylight above the plants. It is kind of neat to look up and see sky. It was a starry night when I looked.

Better Dungeons also adds several bedrolls in the Whiteskin City level.

Using these two dungeon revisionist mods has worked nicely for me since I didn’t remember the vanilla layouts at all when I put this run together. There have been a few mod conflict issues though, where a mod’s quest item has been buried by boulders and walls; three times with Snus, and at least once with Better Dungeons, Better Cities and Unique Landscapes.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 18 2022, 12:33 AM
Post #2078

Paladin
Group Icon

The great work by those dungeon modders like Snus did not go unnoticed by the developers of ESO. In this dungeon, you can clearly see the influence.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 18 2022, 03:46 AM
Post #2079

Mouth
Group Icon

Wow, that is magical.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 19 2022, 01:53 PM
Post #2080

Councilor
Group Icon

It says "after the morning devotions we had a bite to eat". What would be their meal? Strange question I know, but I'm sort of curious. I'd imagine Jandaga would have a different palatte than Kahleah or especially Pym.

After trading with Midas it was on to the Market District, where we ran nearly every shop in the district out of funds.

laugh.gif

Damn, Goblin Jim is involved in this quest somehow? How peculiar.

It's always funny to me that they place those rickety planks of wood over chasms! And then when our heavy characters walk over these planks there's that *CRICK* sound. Spend too much time walking across, and we fall. blink.gif Move too fast, and there's a chance we could accidentally fall.

Of course, most of the time when NPCs try to go across they just step right into mid-air, like when coyote chases roadrunner. Oops.

Great, psychedelic action shot. Look at those colors, man.

Edit: nice ghost staff Buffy's got there!

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 19 2022, 01:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:09 PM