Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 76 77 78 79 80 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Sakiri
post Aug 6 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #1541

Master
Group Icon

Unexpected project today.

In laws came over with a forestry industry weed eater and some garden tools. We managed to clear out the entire side of the house, the overgrown hill down to the yard, and the area around the redcurrant bushes.

I can access my berries that were hidden by raspberries now. Yay!

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 10 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #1542

Master
Group Icon

Im making a thing.

https://imgur.com/a/XEk7vED

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 10 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #1543

Paladin
Group Icon

Saki, looks like it's going to be a nice thing. tongue.gif I like the color.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 10 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #1544

Master
Group Icon

It's over halfway done now. I'll post a pic when it is done.

It's a prototype for Christmas presents. Im making people hats.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 11 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #1545

Master
Group Icon

I made a thing!

https://imgur.com/a/umzJNPD

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 11 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #1546

Paladin
Group Icon

Ahah! So it is a hat after all! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 12 2019, 12:03 PM
Post #1547

Master
Group Icon

Yes, yes it is.

Still too warm to wear them, but I'll get some more practice in. biggrin.gif

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 12 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #1548

Spam Meister
Group Icon

When is Crow getting his hat? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 12 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #1549

Master
Group Icon

Project: Crown Tooth
Noon appointment. Temp crown removed. Permanent crown adjusted for upper partial and cemented in place. Am not to remove partial until noonish tomorrow to avoid undue stress before cement fully 'sets.' Bill right at $300. Much better than $500-plus original quote. Might dine at local Oriental all-you-can-eat buffet tomorrow to celebrate, depending.

Project: Groceries
Visited Walmart on way home from dentist. Bought. Drove home. Put away.

Project: Bring computerized expense ledger up to date

Project: Replace house slippers
Ordered via Amazon. Arrived last week. Fit very well. Sole padding not as good as old pair.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 13 2019, 07:07 PM
Post #1550

Master
Group Icon

Project: Remove upper partial
Did so upon returning home from lunch. Dreaded it, as partial securers were adjusted super tight. So tight I feared crown might come out with it. Did procedure over bed, so should that happen crown would land on soft mattress rather than bathroom counter top. (Or worse, fall into sink drain hole.) Turns out, partial popped out super easy. Nothing to it.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 13 2019, 07:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 14 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #1551

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 12 2019, 04:30 PM) *

When is Crow getting his hat? biggrin.gif

I could make Crow a hat, but Crow would need to have it shipped somewhere. I don't know where the nest is. tongue.gif

Unless you want to flap over here to pick up.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 16 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #1552

Master
Group Icon

Project: Mow Lawn
Did so yesterday evening, it being our 'coolest' day for quite some time. Was circa 86F when I began (roughly 1900), with a feels-like of 91F. I held up reasonably well. Better than the mower at any rate, which conked out repeated early on. Move the 'near' portion of the backyard first. Had barely started in on the front when I spied the city mosquito-spraying truck headed my way. Transferred to the far back yard. That's when my mower ran out of gas. I then discovered my gas can bone dry. Mooched enough gas to finish up from a next-door neighbor. (Gotta remember to get more next errand day.) Heart readings taken immediately afterward weren't half bad; blood-pressure 127/65, pulse 93. A reading taken roughly one hour later showed pulse down to 73, about what I'd expect. (The reading I just took a break for is BP 109/67, pulse 65. That's more or less my norm during periods of inactivity, when feeling halfway decent.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 17 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #1553

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 4 2019, 08:08 AM) *

Project: Upload new TpF SRA episode
State: Complete
A link is found in our 'What are you currently playing?' thread.

Project: Eradicate rodent infestation
State: False alarm?
About a month ago, washing cookery at the kitchen sink, I heard sound from somewhere near a counter-top. Investigation showed a container of Mrs Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend on its side. The upright container had been in a rather precarious position. That, and the fact that it was unlikely a mouse would explore a counter only 4-6ft away, meant I could not automatically assume infestation. Examining the Toaster area too proved an inadequate determinant. Playing it safe, I baited trap with Peanut Butter and placed it in a location that never fails to lure mice to their dooms. I've checked periodically since then. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. As of now I consider the case closed.

Whew! Glad it was nothing! I remember the mouse/bread incident of a couple years ago! You must have been vigilant since then about leaving nothing out to lure them in!

QUOTE(treydog @ Aug 4 2019, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 3 2019, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(treydog @ Aug 3 2019, 07:23 AM) *

our peculiar brand of Appalachian American English.

So do you pronounce Appalachia as "Apple At Cha", or "Apple Ay Cha"? I ask because it came up on a MonsterTalk podcast, where they were discussing monsters of Appalachian folklore. The interviewee spent some time in western North Carolina, and the people there said it like "Apple At Cha". That should be a hop, skip, and a jump from you folks in ETN.

Rather more like "latch". As noted, due to my parent's influence, I do not quite as pronounced an E. TN sound as most folks. That said, when I ordered a meal in New York City, the waiter asked if I was "from Texas," so there's that.

Not sure I can do it phonetically, but Dad used the cheer from his high school (in 1930's Knoxville) whose colors were blue and white to illustrate the "East Tennessee i". Thus, "Fight blue, fight white. Fight, fight, fight," was rendered as:

"Feit blue, feit weit, feit, feit, feit."

(With the "ei" sounding like that in the word "height".). tongue.gif

Wait, isn't "fight" supposed to sound like "height?" GAAAAAH, have I been saying it wrong all this time?

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Aug 11 2019, 04:55 PM) *

Oh, that is cute!!!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 13 2019, 02:07 PM) *

Project: Remove upper partial
Did so upon returning home from lunch. Dreaded it, as partial securers were adjusted super tight. So tight I feared crown might come out with it. Did procedure over bed, so should that happen crown would land on soft mattress rather than bathroom counter top. (Or worse, fall into sink drain hole.) Turns out, partial popped out super easy. Nothing to it.

Wow, the Dentist left you to do it yourself?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 17 2019, 04:43 PM
Post #1554

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 16 2019, 04:26 PM) *

Project: Mow Lawn
Did so yesterday evening, it being our 'coolest' day for quite some time. Was circa 86F when I began (roughly 1900), with a feels-like of 91F. I held up reasonably well. Better than the mower at any rate, which conked out repeated early on. Move the 'near' portion of the backyard first. Had barely started in on the front when I spied the city mosquito-spraying truck headed my way. Transferred to the far back yard. That's when my mower ran out of gas. I then discovered my gas can bone dry. Mooched enough gas to finish up from a next-door neighbor. (Gotta remember to get more next errand day.) Heart readings taken immediately afterward weren't half bad; blood-pressure 127/65, pulse 93. A reading taken roughly one hour later showed pulse down to 73, about what I'd expect. (The reading I just took a break for is BP 109/67, pulse 65. That's more or less my norm during periods of inactivity, when feeling halfway decent.)

How frustrating to run out of gas halfway through!

My (late) first husband always used to do the backyard first too; I don't know why. But when he decided to paint our pink house (Florida) to a dark forest green = he also started that project in the back of the house. It looked gorgeous in the back yard; made the house look completely different! However; when he got to the front yard; he ran out of paint halfway across the house.

He tried to get that same custom color; but it came out completely different; (more like a pea green) so after a stripe of it, he realized it wasn't going to look good at all - but since it was custom, he couldn't return it; so he decided to use it up anyway (but just on the garage and carport area at the other end of the house). It ran out, too.

He went back and tried for his original custom forest green again = came out with a third green that didn't match either the forest green or the pea green! This one was like olive green! It ran out too; leaving a large block of the original pink outer wall right around the area of the front door.

At that point he threw up his hands and was sick of house painting. So for ten years we were able to direct anyone coming to our house for the first time to look for the house with three different colors of paint on the front, followed by "You'll know what I mean when you see it."

No one ever had trouble finding us based on just that description. They would come in laughing and say, "You were right! I knew it was yours the second I saw it!"

Now, when you mow your grass starting in the back yard and the mower breaks down or runs out of gas in the front so the front yard is left looking shaggy in a big clump halfway through ... remember my decade of shame in that three colored house, rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Aug 17 2019, 04:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 17 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #1555

Master
Group Icon

Fight and Height do rhyme, normally. As does write, light and kite.

Made another hat, but I don't have pics. Won't til I get my needles from Amazon and can weave in the ends of yarn, which I can't do because this super bulky yarn will not fit through my current darning needles.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 20 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #1556

Master
Group Icon

Project: Capture footage for Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep24
For once, the video portion of this episode is giving me trouble. (I'm sure text will too, when I get around to it.) Captured its central ride-along segment at least six times. Am not thrilled with any one take. The next-to-last has some of my favorite isolated incidents, but also a few 'gotchas.' The last take has its own pluses. Not quite as many as its immediate predecessor, but also no serious gotchas. As of now I plan to use the safer last take. Not overly ecstatic with any static camera intro videos either. I'll prolly make do with what I've shot regardless.

I lack capturing an outro clip (or two). That's normally easy. We shall see.

Project: Replace lawnmower air filter
Bought one at Home Depot, which gives 10% military discount. Also bought no-ethenol gas for on the way home. Will likely mow tomorrow evening, depending on what weather is predicted to be day after. (I'd rather hold off until then, but as of now that day is forecast to be the first in a series of stormy days.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 21 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #1557

Master
Group Icon

Project: TpF SRA24
YT thumbnail created. YT description written. Outro captured. All clips combined in Filmora and edited as needed. Transitions placed. Text narrative again a stumbling block. Hope to upload by week's end.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 22 2019, 10:16 AM
Post #1558

Master
Group Icon

Hat disaster.

I don't think I made the brim wide enough and this yarn is a real pain in the rear to work with, so I don't know what to do now. I can't gift something that looks this horrible.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 22 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #1559

Master
Group Icon

Project: Wait out Power Outage
Finished a long TpF session on the computer this morning, circa 0800. Saved game. Clicked Exit to Desktop. TpF takes a while to reach desktop, likely due to the hundreds of mods I've installed. Be that as it may, the closing screen went blank at the appropriate time. Only, install of seeing Win10 desktop the monitor remained blacked. "What the heck?" I thought. "This takes a while, but surely not long enough to put the monitor into sleep mode." I then notice the monitor's indicator light not on. Hmmm...did I somehow stupidly shut it off? I wouldn't put it past me. Oh, the PC is off. And the PC audio power amp. And the desk light. Everything's off. POWER OUTAGE!

Look out the window. A nice clear day. Wait several minutes. No power. Retire to bed. Crank up teeny-tiny batter powered reading lamp. Begin reading. Phone rings. It's Entergy. Power Outage affecting 1,4xx customers in my area, as of 0804. Estimated repair completion: 1100. Read until around 1030. Decide to dress and lunch at local Oriental all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant if power isn't restored by 1050. Phone rings 1047. New repair estimate: 1300. Drive to restaurant. Eat.

I normally check an online weather site before heading out. Obviously couldn't do so. Had checked earlier in the morning. At that time, a chance of isolated storms was predicted beginning mid-afternoon. Was clear and hot when I left the house. Was clear and hot when I entered restaurant. End of meal, go to checkout counter. Look out window. It's raining. Raining hard! Pay for lunch/have free-lunch card stamped. Wait maybe 15min until rain slackens enough to walk to car. Road slightly water under water in spots, but reasonably safe. Before reaching city limit rain slackened, then ceased. No rain rest of drive home.

Arrived home circa 1240. Hadn't rained at all here, though sky very overcast. Power restored.

Project: Salvage Transport Fever
Following return from restaurant, fired up PC. Fired up Transport Fever. Halfway through launch, crashed to Desktop. Tried again. Same result. Tried older save. Same result. Tried save to different, experimental map. Same result. Look through mod list. It shows two mods that I think ought to be installed. Remove them. Tried again. Same result. Open Steam. Verify TpF install. Six files don't verify. Steam automatically downloads them. Spend time modifying file downloads to reflect changed made a while back. Uninstall one of the two questionable mods. Least the second installed. Move it to its proper load order position. Launch game. Voila!
Quickly make new save. Play a few minutes. Exit.

Project: Mow lawn
Due to front moving through, temperature dropped appreciably. High 70s with feels-like in mid-high 80s. Check online weather site. Chance of storms predicted to begin in two hours. Install new air-filter on mower. Pour fuel additive in mover tank. Top off tank with non-ethanol gas. Mow. Went well. Mower didn't conk out a single time. I didn't conk out a single time.

Project: Vegetate

===========================

Saturday Morning Addendum:

Project: Finalize & Upload TpF Scenic Excursions ep24
Did so overnight. A link is found in our 'What are you currently playing?' thread.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 24 2019, 12:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 24 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #1560

Master
Group Icon

I bought £70 in yarn last night.

I have a problem.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 76 77 78 79 80 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:29 AM