Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is to Human II - Playground 2
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 11 2006, 04:26 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir, with a glass of mead in hand and a flushed face, approached the sombre looking Imperial. He offered his free hand.

"The name's Flogir. I was just wondering, now with that Dunmer gone, what that was all about? Seems odd for a sudden attack like that, but I guess you two have a history of some sorts?" he inquired, looking at the Imperial thoughtfully.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 11 2006, 05:16 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Ian

As Ian walked into the great hall, a Nord offered his hand and introduced himself. Ian cautiously took the Nord's hand and shook it. "My name is Ian, I'm a 'private contracter'." Then in respounce to Flogir's question. "Yes, we know each other, and sudden attacks tend to be a ninja's style. Don't they?" If not his tone, Ian's look should have translated to: Let's keep the past, the past. Mind your own mead. he hoisted his pack over his shoulder, as he was already back in his graduation robes...... then as an afterthought. "His name is Karn." And he decided to pay the tavern a visit, I won't drink anything, but instead just kill time...... then I'll skip town.......
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 11 2006, 05:23 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir watched Ian walk away placidly. He shook his head slowly side to side, a bit of a smirk on the corner of his mouth.

Not a social person it seems... he mused as he returned to his drink.

He understood that some people rather left things about the past go unsaid. Heck, he was guilty of it himself; as he was often not in the mood to speak of his service in Kvatch often. It was still somewhat painful, even to this day.

Flogir's smirk faded as images of those hellish times rose to the foreground of his mind. Instead it was replaced with a somber expression.

Now is definitely the time to get drunk... he thought as he drained his mug of ale and went to go get another one.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 11 2006, 06:02 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann stood still as the crowd began to disperse. With the main excitement over, many of the servants began to slvage what they could of the feast. It amazed him how fast everything was fixed. The courtyard of the palace looked as if nothing had happened to disturb the merriment. More partygoers began to arrive, joyous music began to play, and food was being served.

He suddenly realized that he hadn't moved, so he sheathed his weapon and headed towards the great hall, swiping a piece of pie on his way.

He knew that Satyana would probably be busy with healing the bosmer, but he had to talk to her. Shielding his mind was now a priority.

Before he got halfway there, he noticed Ian leaving.

"You're going to chase that guy, right?" he asked, referring to Karn, of course.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 11 2006, 06:14 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

ian

As he walked into the couryard Ian noticed Rann. "No, I'll probably slam into him somewhere; that's how it's always been between Karn and I." It was truth, we always run into one another at the wrong times. "Perhaps we might see each other again, Rann, but contracts, clients, and money await me." Ian continued down the road, or I could follow them for awhile.

In the tavern, Ian took a roll of partchment and scribbled out a message:

Issac,

Meet me in the Imperial City next Loredas. I think I just found some prodagies......

Bring some hackle-lo with you.

Regards,
Your father

He made several handsigns and the letter vanished, whisked away to Morrowind. Ian decided to rest his eyes for a few minutes and fell asleep........
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 11 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann let him go, and continued on his way. He entered the room to witness a nord filling himself with mead, Satyana healing the bosmer, and some breton guy being a little more than friendly.

As much as he wanted to hang out with a drinking nord, he couldn't teach the art of keeping telepaths out of your mind.

"Hey." he said to Satyana as he approached, killing whatever moment there may have been. At that moment he noticed Satyana's eyes.

Not used to seeing that outside of the mirror. he thought, not even guessing that he could possibly have a nord for a sister.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 11 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, on the castle walls.

Flint sighed with relief. His trick had apparently worked and he was still alive. Flint removed the hood and descended to the nearest table where he swiped a bottle of Flin to ease his nerves.
,,I'm definitely not meant for this madness."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Nov 11 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #8

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana

Satyana smiled at Jonathan, " Yes, well it´s miss, I´m not married or anything like that....ehm I´m studying alchemy, martial arts, history this semester.....hmm so what are you doing Jonathan?" She really liked this ma....he was so nice.....

Maybe??hmmm, I´d relly like to know him better, I hope Dalrus won´t mind, he seems a bit interested in me..

Then Rann came along interrupting the moment, that was annoying indeed, but ...he was family after all, even if he didn´t relly know yet..

"Rann? what´s wrong?" Then she instictively knew what he was after....

"Ok, I´m coming"

Turning to Jonathan she sighed : "Jonathan, excuse me a sec, I think I´ll have to have a word with Rann here, but please don´t go away, I´d really like to talk to you more"

With those words she turned bac to Rann, looking him straight into his eyes...

"Come on then, we´ll have to take this somewhat private"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Nov 11 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, Chorrol

Dalrus saw Jonathan being interested in Satyana, and while under any normal circumstance Dalrus would be happy for Satyana, this made her sad. A tear rolled down her cheek, though it did not mess up her make up. She walked from her booth and a bunch of guys at a table whistled and yelled at her. She ignored them and walked inside. "How can he be so heartless," she growled to herself. Suddenly Teekeeus came out of the corner. "Dalrus, come, come quick to the mages guild needs to discuss something" he said leading her off. He got on his flea bitten pony and rode off towards the Oak traffic circle. Dalrus got on Ryyden, her snow white mare, and rode after him.

The mages guild was in an uproar as she arrived. "Dalrus, Rieanr is dead." said Teekeeus as she arrived. "What?!" she said, her eyes wide in disbelief. Rieanr was Dalrus's mentor when she first started, and since then they had been good friends. Dalrus felt the cold realitly and tears rolled down her cheeks. Two heart-crushing things in a row, first Jonathan then this.

"How??" she said horrified.

"We don't know, however, she was covered in burns of some kind, though we have never seen this magic before. She...she was killed slowly." Teekeeus seemed to be holding back tears. He swallowed, "She chased after a necromancer who had attacked a farm west of Chorrol. We told her to let Bruma handle as it had just moved into their jurisdiction. She would hear none of that and went after him. We heard nothing for a month, when suddenly a rider came from Cheydinhal. He said he found one of our members, judging by her symbol on her robe." he took a breath. "That was about an hour ago and she was not dead yet. She was suffering, and she awoke, though she was barely concious. She whispered one word, 'Möldairê,'" He stopped. Dalrus felt cold when he said that evil word.

"What are we going to do?" she asked Teekeeus.

"I will go see Silnder the Arch-Mage. Fear not, he is the most intelligent person in the civilized world, he will know what to do," he said getting a bag ready. "Dalrus, its time you learn everything," he said taking her into a back room and teaching her many things of magic. She had the skill and magic reserve, she just needed to know the spells that would make her worthy of a master.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 11 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Nov 11 2006, 05:12 AM) *

Satyana

Satyana smiled at Jonathan, " Yes, well it´s miss, I´m not married or anything like that....ehm I´m studying alchemy, martial arts, history this semester.....hmm so what are you doing Jonathan?" She really liked this ma....he was so nice.....

Maybe??hmmm, I´d relly like to know him better, I hope Dalrus won´t mind, he seems a bit interested in me..

Then Rann came along interrupting the moment, that was annoying indeed, but ...he was family after all, even if he didn´t relly know yet..

"Rann? what´s wrong?" Then she instictively knew what he was after....

"Ok, I´m coming"

Turning to Jonathan she sighed : "Jonathan, excuse me a sec, I think I´ll have to have a word with Rann here, but please don´t go away, I´d really like to talk to you more"

With those words she turned bac to Rann, looking him straight into his eyes...

"Come on then, we´ll have to take this somewhat private"

Rann

Rann nodded. "And where would that be?" he asked, looking around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 11 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root, near Cheydinhall.

The Argonian wandered through the forest. There was a fire nearby which meant, people to rob. He crouched down among the bushes, his green scales forming the perfect camouflage.

,,I can't wait to get there. I mean, I have this feeling. If we join this guy, we'll rule the worl!" A half-drunk Nord shouted to his companions who were seated around the campfire.
,,Yeah, that mental call is something I just can't resist."

Green-Root listened with interest. He too had heard the voice speak in his mind yet he knew he could resist it. Still, everything pointed to a possible fortune to be made here. He would find the owner of that voice and serve him, for now.

Green-Root slipped away from the fire without being noticed. It would do him no good to get on the bad side of his potential employer by killing these men and taking their possessions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Nov 11 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Nov 11 2006, 07:00 PM) *

Rann

Rann nodded. "And where would that be?" he asked, looking around.

Satyana

"Follow me" she said, then hurried away down the corridor , up the stairs to the second floor, then she opened a narrow door to a small room which contained a bed, a small table and a chest of drawers.

"This is sort of my room" she said "Nobody comes here, the Countess dedicated it to me, to use when she needs me to work during longer times"

Oh Rann....this is hard but I dare not tell you..just yet....I think..no I´m convinced that...you´re my twin-brother!.

"Ok Rann.....you want to learn how to shield your thoughts from others...and stop others from poking into your mind, right?"

She looked at him.....and felt that dizziness again, those eyes of his....

"There is this method of blocking you see.....but you have to focus really hard and by using the powers of your brain, you can basically build a wall inside your head, a virtual one of course!. Are you prepared to give it a try?"

He´s got the ability of doing it, I just know that, but is he patient enough?

"Ok, so concentrate on a brick-wall.....imagine you´re building a wall in your head"

Satyana looked him straight into his eyes again.....and drowned in his purple gaze, her hand moved before his face, in a strange series of movements

"Rann....you have locked in your thoughts, your secrets, your mind is yours...just yours" Satyana´s voice was monotonous and came like a whisper

Though there was one thing, she didn´t even dared to think of;....he could never hide from her....like she could never hide from him, but that secret she decided to keep for the time being. She would never take advantage of him, but it was good to know they could communicate, even though it had to be on his terms.....unless he needed her for some reason....

Satyana stopped and looked at him with a faint smile

"You feel OK? She gently stroke his chin

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Nov 11 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

The Silhouette, Near Cheydinhal

The Silhouette's influence was growing, countless were answering his call. All the goblins from the mountains, thousands, would answer his call. For now they waited in their caves, while the bandits all moved into the Valus mountains. Silnder rode into the came followed by seven mages who were of different positions within the mages guild. Dark brotherhood assasins came too, along with blackwood company soldiers. The Silhouette and the rest of the Möldairê stopped with their rides through the forest, their shadow was already a rumour around Cyrodiil. The voice of the Silhouette was heard everywhere in the minds of those who were wicked. A tribe of Orcs came down from the Velothi mountains, though not evil at first, orcs grew angry at being called barbarian, and all the prejudice. The count of Cheydinhall and morrowind had long drivin them into the mountains. No longer, now they would strike back.

The silver tongued leader of the black bow bandits marched up to the mountains one day, follwed by around three hundred archers. Rendav was famous for her wits and the Silhouette was expecting her.

"Greetings Dark One," she bowed before him.

"Speak for me..." the Silhouette hissed, he was not visible in the dark cave, all that was seen was two glowing purple eyes.. He had sent her a message that she would be his archer leader along with being his communication to any normal people who wanted to visit.

Kayark-gro-yalash came down from morrowind followed by five hundred orc warriors. "We fight for you, and freedom!" he said bowing his head and lifting his enourmous battle axe. Durzog riders came in bearing news that the empire was fearful, but had not yet learned of what exactly was in the mountains

"They will never know what who was up here" the silhouette said in an evil whisper. "I am a myth, to them, only a myth" he said looking over Cyrodiil from the high mountains.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 11 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Voltar, in his hideaway North of Anvil

Voltar was becoming annoyed by the whisperings of some voice inside his mind. It always wanted him to go to the East, to meet with the owner. Well he had things to do! His intentions were not truely evil, simply an obsessesion that could be the downfall of others. Voltar didn't understand the concept of evil, all he understood was that he wanted to free Veric. To meet a man who weilded such power would prove beneficial to himself.

Brushing the whisperings aside, Voltar continued to search through the pages of a thick book.

Soon, Veric, I will have you out of that place you call home, he thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 11 2006, 09:55 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Nov 11 2006, 01:38 PM) *

Satyana

"Follow me" she said, then hurried away down the corridor , up the stairs to the second floor, then she opened a narrow door to a small room which contained a bed, a small table and a chest of drawers.

"This is sort of my room" she said "Nobody comes here, the Countess dedicated it to me, to use when she needs me to work during longer times"

Oh Rann....this is hard but I dare not tell you..just yet....I think..no I´m convinced that...you´re my twin-brother!.

"Ok Rann.....you want to learn how to shield your thoughts from others...and stop others from poking into your mind, right?"

She looked at him.....and felt that dizziness again, those eyes of his....

"There is this method of blocking you see.....but you have to focus really hard and by using the powers of your brain, you can basically build a wall inside your head, a virtual one of course!. Are you prepared to give it a try?"

He´s got the ability of doing it, I just know that, but is he patient enough?

"Ok, so concentrate on a brick-wall.....imagine you´re building a wall in your head"

Satyana looked him straight into his eyes again.....and drowned in his purple gaze, her hand moved before his face, in a strange series of movements

"Rann....you have locked in your thoughts, your secrets, your mind is yours...just yours" Satyana´s voice was monotonous and came like a whisper

Though there was one thing, she didn´t even dared to think of;....he could never hide from her....like she could never hide from him, but that secret she decided to keep for the time being. She would never take advantage of him, but it was good to know they could communicate, even though it had to be on his terms.....unless he needed her for some reason....

Satyana stopped and looked at him with a faint smile

"You feel OK? She gently stroke his chin

Rann

"Yeah," he answered. "But I'm curious. Why did you help me, even after I lied about being a cook and all? I'm assuming it's not due to romantic feelings, because you seemed awfully interested in that breton bastarde to care a lick for me. So what is it? Do you want a favor or something?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Nov 11 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Nov 11 2006, 09:55 PM) *

[

Rann

"Yeah," he answered. "But I'm curious. Why did you help me, even after I lied about being a cook and all? I'm assuming it's not due to romantic feelings, because you seemed awfully interested in that breton bastarde to care a lick for me. So what is it? Do you want a favor or something?"

Satyana

Satyana looked at him.....thoughtfully...

I´m really not the one to tell him about what I ....suspect, his father would know, and he should tell him!

"No Rann, I don´t want anything from you except...to be your friend! Romance is not the issue here, due to....well ....ahhrrgghh..."
Satyana suddenly turned around, covering her face.....

This is too much! He´s really attractive but.....oh, I don´t know what to do, should I tell him he´s my brother?!

Then she realised she hadn´t blocked her mind....and if he also hadn´t....he now knew the truth.......

Satyana turned around and looked sternly at Rann.......

OOC: So...if Rann wasn´t prepared he now knows! You decide what it´s gonna be, Danny!!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Nov 11 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood, leaving the castle.

Flint finished his flin and decided he needed some time alone. He cast his jump spell which took him to the top of the castle. Up there, he felt his eyes wander off to the east. Something was pulling him. Not quite him, but a small dark part hidden inside him. He shivered as vague images of a shadowy being in a ruined city flashed in front of his eyes.
,,What happened in Lainlalten? I've never quite been myself since then." He thought.

Flint shook his head and climbed down the wall till he reached the ground again. He went back to the Lokken tavern where he told the place's owner to keep his horse and wagon. He then lied down on the bed in his room. Maybe he would go to the east, maybe not.

Green-Root, near Cheydinhall.

Green-Root found what he was looking for in the form of a gathering army. Goblins, Orcs, humans and elves. All kinds of creatures where there. Even a few Daedra marched around. The Argonian walked along the groups casually, hoping to find whoever was in charge here so that he could offer his services.

(Note, the dark part inside Flint is actually the bit Mazelure planted inside him during To Heir is Human I. Mazelure was a being of pure evil and as such would definitely respond to the Silhouette's voice. Since Mazelure doesn't seem to be involved with the rp anymore, I'll just have it act like some sort of Silhouette alarm. Not that Flint understands the meaning of his feelings.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 11 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Nov 11 2006, 04:06 PM) *

Satyana

Satyana looked at him.....thoughtfully...

I´m really not the one to tell him about what I ....suspect, his father would know, and he should tell him!

"No Rann, I don´t want anything from you except...to be your friend! Romance is not the issue here, due to....well ....ahhrrgghh..."
Satyana suddenly turned around, covering her face.....

This is too much! He´s really attractive but.....oh, I don´t know what to do, should I tell him he´s my brother?!

Then she realised she hadn´t blocked her mind....and if he also hadn´t....he now knew the truth.......

Satyana turned around and looked sternly at Rann.......

Rann

"Explain." was all he said after hearing her thoughts. This was the one and only time where he would be glad for not shielding his mind.

He didn't get it; how could a nordic woman be his sister?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Nov 11 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Nov 11 2006, 10:17 PM) *

Rann

"Explain." was all he said after hearing her thoughts. This was the one and only time where he would be glad for not shielding his mind.

He didn't get it; how could a nordic woman be his sister?

Satyana

Satyana sighed.....it was obvious he had not blocked his mind....now she had a great del of explaining to do and she didn´t know how to begin.

"Look Rann.....it´s a long story, and all I can tell you is what my grandmother told me. You see I´m a halfbreed, my ..ehh our mother was half Dunmer half Imperial!....So you are 1/4 Imperial! ...... What happened, twenty years ago was that a woman called Brianna, gave birth to three babies, the odd thing was...that apparently there were at least two, maybe three different fathers to the babies. It´s a strange thing but it can happen on rare occasions if a woman.....sort of sleep with different men within a short period of time. Now Brianna was a friendly girl and men liked her.....very much as a matter of fact!"

Satyana stopped and sat down....this wasn´t going well, she gave the impression their mother was a....bad woman and she wasn´t really, Serene had said so and Serene never lies!

"Very well, how it happened, I don´t know, but Brianna was together with this man Jadier, a Nordic nobleman, who obviously is my father, and met a voilent death, unfortunately.....but at the same time she was seduced by this ...this charming dunmer assassin, Rahvin....your father. It must have happened during the chaotic circumstances where poor Jadier was killed. Now I don´t know if there was a third man involved, but the fact remains......you are my brother and we also have a sister who was stolen very soon after the birth. The only thing we have in common....all three of us are the color of our eyes..and since that is a rare color....."

Satyana lowered her head......

Now what will he think about this? Will he accept me as his sister? I wonder why Rahvin never told him?

"Now there is another thing.....there is some curse upon us...our mother was chased throughout Cyrodiil just because she was pregnant, someone wants us dead Rann! And I don´t know why! I´m not sure Serene know either!..And I don´t know if Brianna is dead or alive!"

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Nov 11 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

It was one of the most far-fetched stories he'd ever heard, but for some reason he believed it.

"Alright then, Sis, what now? My father told me about Veric - somehow excluding my siblings from the story - and he should be dead. I think we're safe from any would-be killlers. Unless you know something I don't?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:50 AM