Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Vault Tek Announcement
mALX
post Sep 24 2015, 09:02 PM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 24 2015, 01:55 PM) *

Also, they've been releasing fun little animated videos about each S.P.E.C.I.A.L every week. Only about 2 minutes long and very Fallout-ish. The first three:

Strength - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=Yuo7AuDGNN8

Perception - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw21X2jKwCM

Endurance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYU1neP3xM

I couldn't use these links, but the vids are on the first page you linked to. Er, did anyone else notice how many references to cannibalism they had in the Endurance vid? What was that all about?

DE - what were you saying about cannibalism back when they first announced Fallout 4? I remember you mentioning it - well watch the Endurance vid, it may catch your attention like it caught mine. I think you might have been onto something months ago that I'm just now seeing, lol.

Here is the Perk chart, and it is showing cannibalism as a Perk, so that is probably that same Perk they had as a bad karma option in Fallout 3:

http://bethesda.net/data/images/event/31/F..._Poster_web.jpg

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 24 2015, 08:55 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Nov 8 2015, 06:38 AM
Post #82

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well lots of info was leaked on FO4. Looks great but it has been confirmed that there is no hardcore mode and no weapon or armor degradation. It's a little disappointing.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 8 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #83

Spam Meister
Group Icon

No weapon and armour degradation?

Booooring indifferent.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Nov 8 2015, 12:38 AM) *

Well lots of info was leaked on FO4. Looks great but it has been confirmed that there is no hardcore mode and no weapon or armor degradation. It's a little disappointing.

No hardcore mode! Why? That is one of the things that has gone over huge with Bethesda's fans; why toss it? And I agree with Mirocu on the non-degradation of armor and weapons, that is boooooorrrrriiiiiiing.

Grrrrrrr.

I have taken one step forward in my quest not to be a Bethesda sheep (just mindlessly buying their games like I'm hypnotized) = by (and since) cancelling my prepaid order.

Cancelling the order was a biggie for me, I have pre-paid/pre-ordered every RPG game Bethesda has made since (and including) Oblivion. But truthfully, when I cancelled the pre-order; I actually still originally planned to go to the shop on release day or order it from Steam two days earlier than release date.

Well, I don't plan to anymore; but instead have decided to wait to see what I hear about the game after it is released. If it lacks decent questlines/is a modding nightmare/or is another Todd Howard fiasco of power-mad control over my roleplay - I might just save myself the Septims bottlecaps gold money this time.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 8 2015, 04:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 8 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #85

Spam Meister
Group Icon

As much as I like Bethīs sandbox games and all, I donīt see myself buying another game from them past Oblivion and Fallout 3... indifferent.gif

Though I will continue enjoying those games so itīs all good on my end smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2015, 04:29 PM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 8 2015, 10:18 AM) *

As much as I like Bethīs sandbox games and all, I donīt see myself buying another game from them past Oblivion and Fallout 3... indifferent.gif

Though I will continue enjoying those games so itīs all good on my end smile.gif

Yeah, I still enjoy Fallout 3 like I did when I first got it; and will always love Oblivion. (And actually, I always include New Vegas among my Bethesda games even though technically it was an Obsidian work).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 8 2015, 04:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 10 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 3 2015, 01:42 PM) *

My son and I were wondering if they are going to have us Player's experience the initial drop of bombs and having to get into the vault (111). Like maybe we start off in that house and have to run up that hill to the vault with the crowds - maybe as that baby in the crib or something. Then maybe have a time lapse like they did when we were babies in Fallout 3; then we have to emerge (or something).

And it looked a lot like Boston to me, the water was to the east of the land; old time-y ships in the harbor, etc. And the architecture of the houses most def looked Bostonian.

Check = Right.

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 4 2015, 10:18 AM) *

I don't know, nothing has been said yet - but I'd almost bet that it will be through Steam, because they are hand in pocket with them on everything now. Steam has a long term contract with them that is extremely beneficial to Bethesda.

Check = Right.

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 15 2015, 09:12 AM) *

They have voiced over a thousand names and have a child whose appearance is based on your character and your spouses character.

So then they say you are the only one who survives the vault? I don't think so, why go to all that trouble for a baby who looks like your character and has its name voiced and then kill it off in the beginning of the game?

Bethesda does not kill off children. I think there has to be some reason they spent so many resources on a baby and were so careful to mention that it is created to look like you and your spouse - there was no "IF you want a baby," it was a given you would have one. So it has to be a part of the storyline.

I think the storyline will involve you leaving your Cryochamber to find your child. (like maybe you wake up after 200 years and discover all the other remains in the vault, but no remains for your child and evidence the Enclave has taken the baby)

Check = Right again.

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 1 2015, 09:12 PM) *

They've always dabbled in Cryogenics, that is my guess for how the 200 year time slip happens. I'm still betting that you leave the vault and search for your baby, lol.

And Check = Right again.

Bethesda has most def become predictable! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 10 2015, 11:12 PM
Post #88

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, after a few thousand hours we should, right? laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Nov 13 2015, 07:37 AM
Post #89

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well I have to say, the depth and variety of Fallout 4 has made up for it's shortcomings.

I was skeptical at first and still a bit disappointed about some design choices but building your own community, modding the absolute crap out of the weapons/armor, modular power armor, and overall polish of the game have outweighed the changes.

So far, I've dumped 20+ hours into it and I'm just getting started. The skill system has been completely replaced by a revamped SPECIAL system that is simplified at first glance but really has quite a bit of depth once you realize that each stat opens up a plethora of options beneath it with several ranks per perk. In short, it is different but it still very much feels like Fallout and plays very well with a huge world to explore and difficult choices ahead.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:50 PM