Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BETA release
dark_soul
post Sep 22 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #1

Evoker

WELCOME TO THE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION OF THE PIRATE ISLES BETA

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

PLEASE READ THE README AND THE FAQ FOR HELP IF YOU ARE STUCK BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS, THANKS:)

FAQ HELP:
1. To start, simply sleep in a bed somewhere for a couple of hours, usually at least 4 hours to make sure the script triggers.
1B. Nothing happens? try sleeping for longer. Also the mod is incompatible with quickstart mods, because it tests if you have finished the character generation sequence.
2. Can't find the vintage rum? Where do you get rum...? Try the tavern, or maybe someone with a bit of money will have some in their house...
3. I'm level 10! why don't i have a hideout? Because you need a pirate rating of 10. Pirate rating can be improved by looting, and specific quests.
4. Where do i check my rating? Theres a journal in the Black Moon Cabin that will tell you your rating. Theres also a journal on the desk in the Pirate Hideout - Upper Level.
5. Where are the hireable people for the hideout? Try the taverns. Talk to everyone, "Those with something to say usually have a lot on their minds."
6. Why can't i get the brewery upgrade? Cause its not in the beta wink.gif
7. Where are the hireable captains for my hideout? You need a pirate rating of 40 and 60 respectively to unlock them. They will appear in the Bilge Monkey once you have reached that level.
8. How do i get to the hideout? Once you have got your hideout by talking to Jimmy, you can travel to and from it the same way you can travel between towns, by activating the black moon. Generally you can activate the boat from quite a few places, but i like to do it from the wheel smile.gif

The Pirate Isles BETA
---------------------
Version 0.7
Author:Dark Soul
Known as dark_soul on the official elderscrolls forums.
Or search for "Pirate Isles BETA"

INSTALLATION
------------
Simply extract the files to the Oblibion/data folder. The files need to be in the following places for everything to work properly:
- Check the file "DSPirateIsleBETA.esp" is in the Oblivion/Data/ folder
- Check the "SmallRumKeg.nif" is in the Oblivion/Data/meshes/DSPIModels/ folder
You may need to create the /meshes/DSPImodels/ folder. It is very important
you spell this correctly for the models to show up in game.
- Either start a new character or load an existing one, then go sleep somewhere for the adventure to begin!

The Pirate Isles BETA - IMPORTANT!!!
------------------------------------------
This is the beta release of my mod, The Pirate Isles.
The beta is bug free (to my knowledge), but is not the final version.
In this beta you can purchase a ship, hire one of three different first mates, and hire a crew.
Once you have your crew you can go looting! Each time you loot your pirate rating goes up, get a high enough rating and you can acquire an upgradeable hideout! Either start a new character or load an existing one, then go sleep somewhere for the adventure to begin!

What does the Pirate Isles BETA add?
------------------------------------
- You can acquire a pirate ship!
- Hire yon dastardly crew!
- An island with a piratey town, where you can hire new crewmembers etc.
- The ability to take your ship and crew and raid the high seas,
specifically looting merchant ships and fighting the navy!
- 3 Different First Mates to give your orders to, a warrior, an archer, and a general first mate.
- A slightly bizarre adventure related to skooma.
- Work your pirate fame up and acquire you own upgradeable island hideout.
- Some basic pirate classes to choose from, namely the corsair and swashbuckler
- A second island town, less piratey, with a Navy Outpost.
- Work your pirate fame up and new ships will join your fleet.
- Capture prisoners on your raids and sell them to slavers.

All the islands and interiors are seperate cells, there is no modification of the mainland of Tamriel at all.
I suggest you start a new character to play my mod to get the most of the experience.

Whats the difference between the BETA and the final version?
------------------------------------------------------------
The main difference is the main quest is missing from the beta.
I am putting this out to see what people think of the hiring and control system of the pirates, as well as the looting, i would like to hear your
feedback, either head to the official forums and join in on the discussion (search for Pirate Isles Beta) or look on chorrol.com forums
under mod projects. (may or may not be there yet) If you don't wander the forums you can email me, but i prefer people to join in the discussion
on the forums!

Due to likely changes in scripts and feedback from people i hope to make the mod far superior for the final release. This means the final release will likely be incompatitble with saves from the beta release. Whether you try it out now or not is up to you!

Heres what else I plan to add after i get feedback from the beta:
- More pirates hanging out at the hideout.
- More commands available through first mate, including hiring of crew.
- Morale for your crew, need to pay them every week or mutiny!
- High pirate fame leads to attacks by bounty hunters etc. It will actually give you a reputation (not just a number)
- Buried treasure quest (what pirate story would be without it!?)
- Everything from the beta release!
- 2 More first mates, one a wizard
- Governers daughter quest! (what pirate mod could be without one)
- Governers son quest (for the ladie pirates amongst us)
- Major imperial port.
- Possibly voices

CREDITS
-------
Thanks to my Quality Assurance Boss, Adam, for finding bugs, testing for me and coming up with some good ideas.
Thanks to Quarn who shrunk the barrel and added physics to it for the Rum Keg.

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Sep 24 2006, 09:11 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sailor Al
post Sep 22 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Associate

Aarrrrr No one's replied? Well, mates, I[i][/i] sure will, I'm here ta keep an eye on this project, I'm havin' great fun with it already!
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Sep 22 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #3

Retainer

Yup my clothes I'm gonna finish off and filepath tommorow but at the moment I'm trying to think of a way to do some decent piratey looking pants texture with the sack cloth pants, I will figure it out.

Theres a load of other pants models I would have used for the pants but the female versions are skirts but I like the sack cloth pants as they are slightly torn and ragged and exactly how they would be after months/years at sea.

Hows the pirate hat coming along have you heard any updates yet?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Flightf1
post Sep 22 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #4

Associate

Hey dont know if your looking for ideas for more first mates but I got two anyway:

The first is a Male pirate who looks as evil as they come. He mostly sticks to himself, but can handle a sword better than most. He doesn't care about the people in his crew, but after the player told of untold riches, and the promise of a ship under his control, he couldn't pass it up. He rules the crew with fear, but he keeps them in line. Going farther back in his history you see that he tried mutiny on his last captain, who soley used fear to rule, but the mutiny failed because when the time came, his followers became scared and backed down. This is the most likely reason why he is the way he is today.

The second is a Famous Pirates daughter. Her father went out on a mission to recover a lost treasure, but never came back. Life without her father brought great depression in her younger years, but as she grew older, so did her father's side grow more apparent. She developed a sense of adventure to match most sailors of the time. She became pretty good with a bow, and has a rare ability to stregthen the moral of her companions during battle. The player meets her on a deserted island where she is looking for her father. To covince her to join him he must first get her to abandon her search by either finding some proof that her father is dead, or persuade her that he will help her find him, and that it would be much easier with a crew to help her.
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Sep 23 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Retainer

I was gonna start a new topic with all my clothes pics so far but it said I'm not allowed too sad.gif and the search function is not allowed too, ah well I will show what I have done so far here and on the tes forums.

A load of pants.

I have edited the laced leather pants so that they are plain black and I think it works for the pirate pants.
I have edited the sack cloth pants so that they are black for the sailor outfit, ideally these would be worn with sandals as the top of the pirate boots get covered up.

The laced leather pants are well suited for the pirate gear as the boots can be seen over the top of them. I was gonna make the sailor pants cream but I havent been able to get a good cream colour no matter how i tweak the hue and saturation.

I still have to edit the sailor top to make it less bright and more dirty looking which I will do tonight or tommorow as tommorow I hope to start filepathing the textures to the meshes ready for sending but thats the cutlass's, tops, bottoms and boots.

I have chose the particular meshes because I think they fit the style and that they are some of the only ones that the womens version is pants and not a skirt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Sep 23 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #6

Retainer

wrong damn link >.< A Load of pants

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sailor Al
post Sep 23 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #7

Associate

Pants!
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Sep 24 2006, 07:22 AM
Post #8

Evoker

Try posting a new topic again, just call it test topic and i will delete it after, it might be blocked cause you just joined. If it doesn't work send me a PM and i'll talk to the admin of chorrol.com about it.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Sep 24 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #9

Retainer

It's ok it's letting me set a topic now. I got the text box up where as before it wouldnt even get that far smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Minty
post Sep 25 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #10

Associate

Im gona keep my eye on this mod tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Sep 26 2006, 07:38 AM
Post #11

Evoker

QUOTE(Minty @ Sep 26 2006, 06:58 AM) *

Im gona keep my eye on this mod tongue.gif

Join the discussion thread then wink.gif
http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3485

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 1 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #12

Evoker

In regards to athenys question, no i will not be releasing another beta, only the final version.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Oct 1 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #13

Retainer

Quick bug check.

Bugs

Floating things and a lot of fighting in taverns. Did someone mention the fighting i cant remember :S

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 2 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #14

Evoker

QUOTE(Aventhorn @ Oct 2 2006, 05:02 AM) *

Quick bug check.

Bugs

Floating things and a lot of fighting in taverns. Did someone mention the fighting i cant remember :S

Interesting with the blocks, i could have sworn i grounded them when i placed them. I must have clipped the edge of the island with the smooth tool when i was fixing the ocean about the wreck. Thanks!

The fights are something i'm trying to fix. Dodgy npcs always stealing! I think i missed a couple when i was adding food to them. I'm pretty sure i've fixed the Ship registrar now (the one in the photo) still, i had an interesting run the other day when i walked into the slippery wench and was set upon by the captain of the scurvy dog, i didn't even have a weapon out! Guess he just didn't like the look of me...

I've toned down the aggression on a lot of the NPCs from 15-20 to 10, and i added more food. Hopefully i've got them all.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Oct 2 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #15

Retainer

The most fun fight to watch was the bar on blackhorn. It was genocide. They were mainly attacking gunther and I cant remember the name of the other one, ah well anyway I felt left out so i reloaded, drew my weapon (the elven cutlass) and I proceeded to slaughter one of the tavern regulars resulting in 30 or so it seemed p***ed off people all looking to kick my boat.

Unfortunatly they underestimated me and I was soon awash in a pile of bodies biggrin.gif

I got to the hideout and I think it looks really cool.

EDIT: I totally forgot about this but I made a little wallpaper for the mod as a bit of fun.
The Pirate Isles Wallpaper

This post has been edited by Aventhorn: Oct 2 2006, 08:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 3 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #16

Evoker

The battles are all well and fun to watch, but its a problem when the publican through which you hire your crew gets killed.

And nice wallpaper, i'll chuck it up on the screenshots section of the webpage.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Plycat430
post Oct 3 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #17

Retainer

What are you supose to do with the treasure map
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 4 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #18

Evoker

QUOTE(Plycat430 @ Oct 4 2006, 01:28 AM) *

What are you supose to do with the treasure map

Nothing in the beta, but it leads to treasure in the final version, i've already added that quest to the final too. wink.gif
Please keep the location of the map a secret, its the trickiest part of the quest, finding it.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 4 2006, 02:44 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Plycat430
post Oct 4 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #19

Retainer

Is thre a map drawn on the map in the final version

+Quote Post
Plycat430
post Oct 4 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #20

Retainer

I must say you hid the pirate map very well it took me some time
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:04 PM