4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BETA release
Aventhorn
post Mar 8 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #41

Retainer

QUOTE(Apparition @ Mar 2 2007, 02:08 AM) *

Heh, have any idea when there'll be an update? cos i've been checkin in everyday for about two months and i haven't seen any updates...

lol; it's just such a great mod which is why i do watch for it >_<

i can kinda do textures; the only problem is when i do them i don't know where the textures will actually go... say if i make a face from scratch it could have the face facing sidewards of the head... so yeah.

ps: i'm Deice on Tessource wink.gif

The best thing to do is see if you can extract the textures from the oblivion bsa then find a face texture thats stock and see the way they done it.

The way bethesda have positions some of the textures is bizarre but can be doable.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Apparition
post Mar 10 2007, 01:57 AM
Post #42

Associate

i noticed, sorry if i wasn't clear but i men't i can't do them from scratch*

like... i can never find the exact placing for it if i do it from scratch and yea... ears all over the place

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Mar 10 2007, 03:30 AM
Post #43

Agent

log book capitaine barrel : friday march 9

we arrived into this new island a good 6 month ago brought by slave seller , the island whos pupulated by pirate are rater friendlyer than most people i encounter so far in the imperial province i succed to buy a ship from a old seadog , befor long i hired myself a crew and took over the sea! Sadly for me and my crew the exitement of the sea battle have come to a end after having myself a pirate ratting of 100 . Since the start my first mate and me are looking forwar for a new update who will probobly never come... Am growing old , and i fear the end of our day as pirate...

all that to say it not that we dont like waiting but at some point darksoul we would like to something to feed our desire of playing the mod some of us ( included myself ) have been there since the start of this asome adventure . We dont ask you to hurry up and finish it , we know it take a lot of time and effort to make a mod. But it been close from 6 month since we had our first tasted of it since than a lot of thing have change in the game that we want to test out . As the creator of the pirate island mod the time you have play it must be listed in day or maybe in week . But most of us haven see it for month !

sad.gif so plz hear our cry and post a unfinish update for us to feed our hanger of piratie!!! sad.gif

(a guy who have been ir with the mod since the start)

also i just add a idea the smith we hired for our hide out could have a doughter that we could hired later on to fix our crew equipement when it broke , she could be at the spot where there a practice doll .

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Mar 10 2007, 04:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ryua
post Mar 11 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #44

Retainer

i would prefer to play the full version, an update would be nice but it would make the full version less surprising, but i do agree with barreldragons we have been waiting a long time. there is little left to do in oblivion now lol, cant wait for a release.
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Mar 20 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #45

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Mar 10 2007, 12:30 PM) *

log book capitaine barrel : friday march 9

we arrived into this new island a good 6 month ago brought by slave seller , the island whos pupulated by pirate are rater friendlyer than most people i encounter so far in the imperial province i succed to buy a ship from a old seadog , befor long i hired myself a crew and took over the sea! Sadly for me and my crew the exitement of the sea battle have come to a end after having myself a pirate ratting of 100 . Since the start my first mate and me are looking forwar for a new update who will probobly never come... Am growing old , and i fear the end of our day as pirate...

all that to say it not that we dont like waiting but at some point darksoul we would like to something to feed our desire of playing the mod some of us ( included myself ) have been there since the start of this asome adventure . We dont ask you to hurry up and finish it , we know it take a lot of time and effort to make a mod. But it been close from 6 month since we had our first tasted of it since than a lot of thing have change in the game that we want to test out . As the creator of the pirate island mod the time you have play it must be listed in day or maybe in week . But most of us haven see it for month !

sad.gif so plz hear our cry and post a unfinish update for us to feed our hanger of piratie!!! sad.gif

(a guy who have been ir with the mod since the start)

also i just add a idea the smith we hired for our hide out could have a doughter that we could hired later on to fix our crew equipement when it broke , she could be at the spot where there a practice doll .

Alas barreldragons, oh faithful follower, things became overly complex. Time taken to do things was extended, and the time i had to work on it was shortened. As my first major mod i have learnt much, such as the problems of planning to much, extensions due to feature creep, and possibly worst of all, my own desire to make the mod "perfect". Almost half of my time working on this mod was not the simple addition of areas or script or code, but the constant tweaking, playtesting and balancing of the mod. I wholly understand the disappointment people must feel at how long it has taken me to complete my promised works, know that none are more disappointed than I. The completion of the new town and the links between it and the other towns are being done, and I hope to release it as the final bug clearing pre-release relatively soon.

Again I apologise to all those who have been following the mod, and thank you for your patience and support.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Zackoeard
post Mar 20 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #46

Associate

Bah! That's crazy talk! Although I've been waiting for this mod since your initial posting (actually longer - though at one point I was concerned I'd have to make one myself wink.gif ), I for one don't mind waiting for as long as it takes. As a former software developer type with literally decades of experience myself, I can assure you the paths into the pitfalls you described are well worn!

I throughly enjoyed your beta release, played around with making a few customizations a while back but as I liked what I've been hearing from you on your direction I'm just looking forward to this one. Besides, MTW2 is out now and I generally only have a few hours a week for games anyway - I got enough to keep myself occupied biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
ryua
post Mar 21 2007, 02:09 AM
Post #47

Retainer

lol ive been here for a while, i know it takes a long time(working on a mod now, can be annoying, especialy bugs) but i still remember when you said it would be hopefully finished before the new year lol
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Mar 27 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #48

Evoker

QUOTE(ryua @ Dec 29 2006, 04:36 AM) *

hey dark_soul, i have a request about in the mod, i have the nude mod in and its not one you can just turn off, about 50% of the female pirates like to remove their shirts so it doesnt seam too piraty if half the girls are topless, so i was wondering if you could get someone to add a thing that has on a female a thin bandage strap thing going around the torso blocking part of the breasts to seem more piraty, instead of topless pirates, what i mean is just a bandage going around at least blocking the the center of the female breasts....im not sure if this forum blocks certian words so im trying to avoid certian words smile.gif

Yeah i have a topless mod myself and i donīt know how to change it back so i would be verry happy if you did that bandadge thing it would be cool biggrin.gif, and if there is somebody that knows how the original archieve invalidation (doný know how to spell it) could you please post it here?
+Quote Post
ryua
post Mar 27 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #49

Retainer

zorro, it would be nice to have the new texture but i found out how to remove those mods, download your nude mod again but instead of extracting the files, open your data folder, go to meshes delete all files that are in the mod by looking at the file you just downloaded and searching for it in the data folder....btw im not too good at describing things...
+Quote Post
ryua
post Mar 27 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #50

Retainer

still i would like the bandage more than the origional bra...
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Apr 12 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #51

Evoker

when u get a another ship to your crew u can say to him that he should go out and loot for u but he doesnīt give me any money , is that right?
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Apr 12 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #52

Agent

QUOTE(Zorro @ Apr 12 2007, 12:12 PM) *

when u get a another ship to your crew u can say to him that he should go out and loot for u but he doesnīt give me any money , is that right?

booty chest second floor capitain charter with the log book and the nice bear in front of the fire place .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Apr 12 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #53

Evoker

i canīt go to the second floor of his ship it is locked
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Apr 12 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #54

Evoker

wait iīve found it now
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Apr 14 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #55

Agent

there a fire place and a bear pelt in the cabin of the joinable capitain?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Apr 14 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #56

Evoker

no donīt think so
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Apr 15 2007, 01:42 AM
Post #57

Agent

thought so

--------------------
+Quote Post
General_Makii
post Oct 4 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #58

Associate

Hey, I've been looking for a pirate mod for a while and go so excited when I found one. But then I realized that it was only on the nexus, and they aren't accepting my login, so if you could upload it onto something like planetelderscrolls.com that would be AWESOME
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 11 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #59

Agent

well mate seem you will have to bride some of us since the thruth maker of this wont be back until december

tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cpt.Markus
post Nov 4 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #60

Associate

So, I thought this might be put here simply because I didnt notice anywhere else to put it. a little while ago when I was playing the beta, something happened on my computer that took me out of screen. I went back into game and the mod froze on me. I then messed around a bit, reloaded oblivion (not reinstall) and as of the past few times ( playing on the latest save which was made right before oblivion froze ) I was looting a ship, its been the same ship for the most part. an imperial sea ship with 2 mages, a fish in the water, and a few merc's. also my recently deceased 1st mate ( who died in the first raid on this ship ) is still laying on the deck of my ship.

it's probably my fault, but I thought it might be worth noting. Other wise, for a beta, the mod is good n.n I love the setting and everything. But I'll put my suggestions on the discussion form.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:06 AM