Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion, Got a new idea, post it here!
The Vulture
post Oct 5 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #41

Evoker

maybe you could have it so when they surrender, they put their swords away and crouch. that would be a good sign to me.

--------------------
check out my forum The Order Of Shorn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 6 2006, 03:32 AM
Post #42

Agent

QUOTE(The Vulture @ Oct 5 2006, 02:20 PM) *

maybe you could have it so when they surrender, they put their swords away and crouch. that would be a good sign to me.

i totaly agreed but i prefer if there cap stop me from ripping them appar by going directly in the dialog like the officer of the impirer do when i done a crime

cuz i usually dont event let them draw there sword befor i eat there gutz!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 6 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #43

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 6 2006, 01:56 AM) *

are what you could do is a % of chance by the pirate reputation , the navy should be able to surrender to but with a realy high lvl of piracie .

am never to hot to leave a battle to go talk to a guy, normaly the cap is on the first line of battle it would be great if we would know right away if they surrender or the ennemy cap propose to go in the cab, for the navy yep there cap will never surrender but the crew is less loyal so there could be a mutiny and kill there cap that could be funy

As i said, you will start in your cabin with their Captain, it will force greet you and you can discuss whether they surrender, what they are carrying or if its enemy pirates, you can surrender to them.

The formula for it will be something like:
Pirate Rating / 2 (your pirate fame)
+ Speechcraft / 3 (representing you talking them into surrendering)
+ Luck / 10 (because luck doesn't get used enough wink.gif)
+ Bonuses (first mate/ pirate flag + 5)
+ If you have a full crew of 8 (outnumber them, if they outnumber you you get a negative modifier)
+ A modifier depending on what they are carrying, ie if its fish its + 10, livestock + 5, expensive cargo -5

After all that is added up, i will generate a random number between 0 and 99, and if its less than all that added up the enemy surrenders. So theres always a chance they will/won't surrender, can't let you get out of every fight wink.gif
If they surrender you will get given the manifest straight away, and then given the option to return to the mainland or go looting again.

QUOTE(Aventhorn @ Oct 6 2006, 03:33 AM) *

This sounds a cool option. I tend to start the battle at the lead so i dont lose many pirates. I always find that theres two pirates ahead of me from the off so i cap those first then i head to the most powerful ranged enemys which are usually an archer or a mage or both one at each end of ship. once they are taken care of I find the pirates can handle whatevers thrown at them be it mercenaries, plain sailors or navy.

Thats good, i don't want the player to lose to many, I don't want the cost of paying them and repairing the ship and hiring new pirates to be bigger than the money you get for the cargo (unless you lose the whole crew and your ship gets badly damaged etc)
QUOTE(The Vulture @ Oct 6 2006, 06:20 AM) *

i totaly agreed but i prefer if there cap stop me from ripping them appar by going directly in the dialog like the officer of the impirer do when i done a crime

cuz i usually dont event let them draw there sword befor i eat there gutz!!!!

It would be in the cabin, and they would be forced to start a conversation with you by script. Making them put away their weapons and not attack you would be quite difficult, as the battles are set up with enemies that hate your pirates and that your pirates hate. It would get a bit complex having the surrender discussion aboard the boats with the crew about. (though i am considering having the discussion start aboard the boats without either crew around, then if they refuse to surrender it would just teleport everyone to battle positions and the battle would commence.

Also i'll set it up so when you choose to go looting you can choose to accept surrenders or not, if you say no accept, it always goes straight to battle, otherwise it has the discussion with the enemy captain. Kind of like the being able to turn management options of or not.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 6 2006, 04:00 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 6 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #44

Agent

good we actuly got a choce bethine lame discution and massive blood bath!!!

my choce is made biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ataylor
post Oct 9 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #45

Associate

IPB Image

..... wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 11 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #46

Agent

say darksoul i didn kite undestand how you were gona make the crew upgradable could you give us more info on it?

becose if we equipe are crew with heavy weapon they could stop moving becose of the charge

and have you thought about when the weapon brake? how would we be able to fix them?

i remeber have read something about a chest in front of the crew member so when you put item in it the npc gona equipe them, but maybe it wasn event you who said that o well.

o yea almost forgot did you found some voice actor for the mod?

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 11 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #47

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 11 2006, 03:33 PM) *

say darksoul i didn kite undestand how you were gona make the crew upgradable could you give us more info on it?

becose if we equipe are crew with heavy weapon they could stop moving becose of the charge

and have you thought about when the weapon brake? how would we be able to fix them?

i remeber have read something about a chest in front of the crew member so when you put item in it the npc gona equipe them, but maybe it wasn event you who said that o well.

o yea almost forgot did you found some voice actor for the mod?

How it works: Theres 9 chests in the middle of the ship, 1 for each pirate and 1 for your first mate. When you open the chest you will see everything on that pirate. You can take things out of the chest and put them in just like any chest in the game, except when you close the chest everything in the chest will be put on the particular pirate who owns that chest. As for replacing broken weapons on the pirate you will need to swap the broken weapon with a non broken one with the chest.

I was considering adding a topic to the pirate where you say "get a new weapon" and they have their current one removed and replaced. But that is too open to exploitation by the player, where the player could take their weapon from the chest then tell the pirate to get a new one, then take it from the chest and so on, getting a free weapon each time. It would be too difficult to see if the pirate has a weapon or not, before replacing it. So basically the player will have to personally replace the weapons for their pirates each time they break.

And theres not going to be voice on the basis that it would be too huge and difficult to distribute the mod, last time i checked it would need 180mb worth of mp3s... I will include instruction on how to generate the silent mp3s for the file, which will make the text go slow enough to be readable.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 11 2006, 06:52 AM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 11 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #48

Agent

but again dakrsoul did you thought about the weight? do npc ahve wieght prob when they have to many equipement?

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 11 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #49

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 11 2006, 09:46 PM) *

but again dakrsoul did you thought about the weight? do npc ahve wieght prob when they have to many equipement?

Unlikely, it is rather hard to overweigh an NPC, even if you give them a full suit of armour and a sword. The pirates aren't really meant to wear armour, though I doubt you could overweigh them with a full set of daedric.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 11 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #50

Agent

just in case we should try biggrin.gif

but i remeber something that i oncuter if you leave the island to go back to land and come back to the island by the map will the crew men still lose all there item and be remplaced with new one?

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Oct 11 2006, 04:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 12 2006, 07:24 AM
Post #51

Evoker

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 12 2006, 01:41 AM) *

just in case we should try biggrin.gif

but i remeber something that i oncuter if you leave the island to go back to land and come back to the island by the map will the crew men still lose all there item and be remplaced with new one?

Techinically not if you have replaced it. Originally the items are part of a leveled list, and if you don't see that NPC for at least 3 days it re-genererates their items from the leveled lists. I'm not sure how the chests will effect that, but i do know that any item you give them should stay on them.

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Sailor Al
post Oct 12 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #52

Associate

Dark_Soul,

Those Pirate outfits on your update thread look fantastic! They really go along with the pirate theme. Looking at them I could imagine a succesful pirate branching out ashore and starting the Main Quest. What a hoot that the Hero of Kvatch would be none other than the infamous pirate ______!

Your mechanisms for selecting and upgrading crew and ship, hints about the main Pirate Quest, it all sounds fantastic.

Your demo would have been about anybody else's full mod. When you release the full version of THIS it's going to be the talk of the Forums! Cheers to ye, mate!
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 13 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #53

Evoker

QUOTE(Sailor Al @ Oct 13 2006, 01:27 AM) *

Dark_Soul,

Those Pirate outfits on your update thread look fantastic! They really go along with the pirate theme. Looking at them I could imagine a succesful pirate branching out ashore and starting the Main Quest. What a hoot that the Hero of Kvatch would be none other than the infamous pirate ______!

Your mechanisms for selecting and upgrading crew and ship, hints about the main Pirate Quest, it all sounds fantastic.

Your demo would have been about anybody else's full mod. When you release the full version of THIS it's going to be the talk of the Forums! Cheers to ye, mate!

Thanks, i hope the final version lives up to your expectations. smile.gif
I really appreciate the vote of confidence.

This post has been edited by dark_soul: Oct 13 2006, 03:13 PM

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
harvesterofsouls
post Oct 14 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #54

Retainer

It would be awsome if we customize the looks of our ship, adding spikes, changing the sail color, making it look fancier or more evil, changing the color, or have hanging corpses just like the death knell. It would be awsome if you had a duel with some sort of sea deamon. Like a retextured pirate ship, but with a deadra texture. And the game should have more dueling and bar fights.
+Quote Post
argonian master
post Oct 16 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #55

Retainer

Wow its getting done quite fast great job dark_soul
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 17 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #56

Evoker

QUOTE(harvesterofsouls @ Oct 15 2006, 08:11 AM) *

It would be awsome if we customize the looks of our ship, adding spikes, changing the sail color, making it look fancier or more evil, changing the color, or have hanging corpses just like the death knell. It would be awsome if you had a duel with some sort of sea deamon. Like a retextured pirate ship, but with a deadra texture. And the game should have more dueling and bar fights.

I was considering spikes and other accessories, but it gets rather complicated with the move script and the ship not being around when you travel using the dock manager/ship registrar. I might leave it for later.
With the daedric ship, i would have to retexture the entire ship, which i'm not sure i have the skill to do well, as well as the fact it would add another 5mb to the file size. Again, I might do it later, once i get the things on the list done. They say feature creep is the number one reason for the death of mods, so i'm trying to tie up loose ends and finish what i've got now.

QUOTE(argonian master @ Oct 17 2006, 04:54 AM) *

Wow its getting done quite fast great job dark_soul

Kind off, i'm working on the main quest now, hopefully have it out late november (note: hopefully).

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Oct 17 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #57

Retainer

ok a couple things here.

#1 these ships are puny. you need to make them slightly bigger.

#2 you said something about not having cannons because this doesn't follow Elder Scrolls lore, but the battles just seem unrealistic to me. i mean, what kind of lame Imperial navy just waits for you to board thier ship to attack you? you should have to have a naval battle, where you'd have archers and mages shooting at eachother, tearing holes in sails and seting fire to thier ships and such. you disable thier ship, and they have no choice but to let you board them. THAT'S when you get up next to them, and board the ship.

#3 since pirates jsut don't waer armor, nor should they, you need to let them defend themselves somehow. i say give them block skill, so that when you board the enemy vessel, they start swashbuckling instead of just hitting eachother over the head and such. leave that to the landlubbers, please.

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 17 2006, 10:43 PM
Post #58

Agent

QUOTE(Phsyron @ Oct 17 2006, 02:16 PM) *

ok a couple things here.

#2 you said something about not having cannons because this doesn't follow Elder Scrolls lore, but the battles just seem unrealistic to me. i mean, what kind of lame Imperial navy just waits for you to board thier ship to attack you? you should have to have a naval battle, where you'd have archers and mages shooting at eachother, tearing holes in sails and seting fire to thier ships and such. you disable thier ship, and they have no choice but to let you board them. THAT'S when you get up next to them, and board the ship.

#3 since pirates jsut don't waer armor, nor should they, you need to let them defend themselves somehow. i say give them block skill, so that when you board the enemy vessel, they start swashbuckling instead of just hitting eachother over the head and such. leave that to the landlubbers, please.

i see you are new to this your first 2 idea have been alerdy ask and anser ( to much writing to do and it to complicated( the ship dont actuly move in oblivion)) also we have been working hard on the dif ship size and all we gona MAYBE change the imperial vavy ship for something bigger

and finaly your third idea about upgrading there skill of blocking wont actuly help . the idea of darksoul to actuly make you give stuff to your crew , seriusely : my crew can block!!!! but they all lost there weapon becose they were to used!!!

your idea might come in a update of the pirate island mood but for now darksoul have enouf working with what he actuly alerdy promesse .If you have anyskill ( modeling or rewriting skills )ask darksoul if you can be a contribution to this mood

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Oct 17 2006, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Oct 18 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #59

Evoker

QUOTE(Phsyron @ Oct 18 2006, 06:16 AM) *

ok a couple things here.

1 - If I had a modellor to do it. I can't just rescale the ships, they would look out of proportion. If you can get me new ship models of a larger size i'd be more than happy to use them. wink.gif

2 - Having ranged battles before hand would be incredibly difficult to script. Picture it like this, the navy spots your ship, the ships close together, pulling up alongside one another, the boarding planks drop and a furious battle ensues between the navy and pirates. As much as i'd love burning the ships and ranged battles beforehand I can't do it. That would require a new game, not just a mod. You will just have to use your imagination.

3 - Good point, i forgot to put block as one of their skills, fixed now.

QUOTE(barreldragons @ Oct 18 2006, 07:43 AM) *

i see you are new to this your first 2 idea have been alerdy ask and anser ( to much writing to do and it to complicated( the ship dont actuly move in oblivion)) also we have been working hard on the dif ship size and all we gona MAYBE change the imperial vavy ship for something bigger

and finaly your third idea about upgrading there skill of blocking wont actuly help . the idea of darksoul to actuly make you give stuff to your crew , seriusely : my crew can block!!!! but they all lost there weapon becose they were to used!!!

your idea might come in a update of the pirate island mood but for now darksoul have enouf working with what he actuly alerdy promesse .If you have anyskill ( modeling or rewriting skills )ask darksoul if you can be a contribution to this mood

Ease up barreldragons, I don't mind ideas being offered, as I implement what I feel I can. wink.gif

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Oct 18 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #60

Agent

sory i let myself carry away i just feel is way of speaking offisking kvright.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:24 AM