Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Textures and Models, Here is the thread for discussion of new models and textures
dark_soul
post Oct 11 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #21

Evoker

Cause i'm a tease, heres a sample of the new clothes, boots, hats, eyepatches and weapons:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/dark...es/clothes4.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/dark...es/clothes3.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/dark...es/clothes2.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/dark...es/clothes1.jpg

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aventhorn
post Oct 12 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #22

Retainer

looking good

--------------------
+Quote Post
argonian master
post Oct 16 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #23

Retainer

looks gr8
+Quote Post
argonian master
post Oct 16 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #24

Retainer

QUOTE(Aventhorn @ Oct 1 2006, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(argonian master @ Oct 1 2006, 02:48 PM) *

the book model looks great

Thanks smile.gif, I used one of Phoenixamons book textures as a guide with permission and I just added my own pictures such as the jolly roger and the ship which is a ship called the endavour which was captained by captain james cook who was local to my town believe it or not smile.gif.

Although it was rumoured he was eaten by natives =/

Cook i think i heard that name before
+Quote Post
cactus
post Nov 15 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #25

Associate

Local to me too! I'm from billingham, M'bro is like, 10 minutes away biggrin.gif Small world eh? I think i went to the Captain Cook memorial (or a statue? or something...) years ago in school.

But yeah, on-topic, the mod is looking fantastic! I've been scouring for a while now after a decent pirate-themed mod, and this definatly makes me smile, downloading it now to try it out. The clothing looks good, the jacket mesh was already in-game, right? I think i've seen it once before, but was too fancy for my scruffy pirate. Hat and eyepatch mesh look great though.

Glad to see some decent texture work too, sooo many mods that slap plain-solid coloured textures to things instead of giving shading/texture effects to them.

So.. yeah, great work smile.gif
+Quote Post
dark_soul
post Nov 16 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #26

Evoker

QUOTE(cactus @ Nov 15 2006, 10:30 AM) *

Local to me too! I'm from billingham, M'bro is like, 10 minutes away biggrin.gif Small world eh? I think i went to the Captain Cook memorial (or a statue? or something...) years ago in school.

But yeah, on-topic, the mod is looking fantastic! I've been scouring for a while now after a decent pirate-themed mod, and this definatly makes me smile, downloading it now to try it out. The clothing looks good, the jacket mesh was already in-game, right? I think i've seen it once before, but was too fancy for my scruffy pirate. Hat and eyepatch mesh look great though.

Glad to see some decent texture work too, sooo many mods that slap plain-solid coloured textures to things instead of giving shading/texture effects to them.

So.. yeah, great work smile.gif

The new clothes aren't in the BETA version. None of the new textures are. Hopefully i can get the final out in the next month. (see the progress thread).

--------------------
- The Pirate Isles -
- Come join the discussion! -
- Hunting a Modeller -
+Quote Post
heretik
post Jun 11 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #27

Retainer

Hey guys,

thanks for approving me to post on the forums! You mentioned being interested in a modeller - what exactly did you have in mind to be made? I want to start with baby steps because I haven't actually made anything at all for oblivion yet. I dunno, something like a hat, or boots, or something like that to stuff into the game before I tackle something too large. I learned my lesson after tackling davy jones for a older game, and then not being able to get it to go into the game engine. Also if anybody needs anything drawn - that is something that I feel very confident that I can help with.

Cheers, and kudos to the awesome job that you have all done so far!

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Jun 11 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #28

Agent

well hello there heretik and welcome to the comunity

thing are a bit slow this time of the year , probobly becose the author gone some where probobly taking a break . befor we assign you to a task can we see your portefolio of the stuff you made so far to know what you would be the best to do ?

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Jun 11 2007, 12:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
heretik
post Jun 12 2007, 03:34 AM
Post #29

Retainer

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP8hh1BMk0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYsR-TwRws

Alright - while I can hardly consider this a portfolio, it's at least some form of a start. These are in progress pictures of the Davy Jones model that I was working on for a PA! mod. In all fairness, it hasn't progressed very far from here. I did some tweaking after this point, and added the other leg. The model itself is more or less done, the texture hasn't been touched yet because complications arose while trying to import the model into the game, and it looks like a) I may not be able to do it, and cool.gif that the folks on the PA! forum have found another solution to get the model into the game. Oh and the animations are just line tests that I did for class - they never made it past this stage, and they are just to learn, but at least it should give you a feel for what I'm capable of.

My internet tonight is being finicky again, and it doesn't want to load photobucket, so in terms of pictures, this is just about all that I have unfortunately. However, I do have drawings/ some of the davy jones stuff uploaded to my blog:

http://willpittman.blogspot.com

I have done some a few retextures before also, and I will send you screens of whatever I can find of those as soon as I can access photobucket again. I hope that this is enough to at least get a glimpse of my skillset. As mentioned before, I am a trained classical 2D pencil and paper type animator, but we just started 3D - so I don't actually know how to use bones/joints/skeletons, or animate yet. But I do have a book for maya 4.5 (not what I'm using, but how much could have changed in a few updates *sheepish grin) that covers some of that stuff, and I'll try to learn it as we go along.

thanks for the warm welcome smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Jun 12 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #30

Agent

well i like your work mate , so ir what i might be interesting have you do . Ever see the corpse of the por mariner in Oblivion in a ship wreck ? it might be quite interesting to have more to chose from in the dead corpse , i was thinking skeleton or zombie hand attache to wall by chain or actuly have sharp item runing throw there body ( wood piece , rock , sword , spike) with there hand still on the weapon who driving slowly there live , am not talking about the classic way to put a weapon or a item throw the body of a npc ... sadly when you do that at some point the npc will detache himself from the object adn giggle on the floor... having 1 piece deco who cant be cut appart would be good!

there would be also the good old gold pile who could be kite usefull.

show me the sketch and i will tell you if it what i have in mind

and after if you have the gutz we will send you on the most DIFFICULT PART!!!!!!

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Jun 12 2007, 04:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
guthrix
post Jun 12 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #31

Retainer

can you do a demon of insomnia type thing as a avatar for me? cous i think your more than qualified to do this...
+Quote Post
heretik
post Jun 14 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #32

Retainer

Barreldragons: Hey! Alright- I sketched out some ideas, but my internet is being really, really particular, and it absolutely refuses to load the photobucket page. Any ideas for any other kind of website that might host pictures? sorry...

Guthrix: no problem man, I'll get on that as soon as I find a image hosting site. shouldn't take me long at all biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Jun 14 2007, 05:10 AM
Post #33

Agent

well hum ya actuly i got one but not every like it.

http://www.deviantart.com/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 15 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #34

Retainer

www.imageshack.us

it's got popups, i'm told, but it's free and if you use firefox you won't notice. and no bandwith limitation that i know of.

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
heretik
post Jun 16 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #35

Retainer

Here you go Guthrix! I found a site called imageshack. I tried to get a deviant art but appariently I already had one (not suprising considering that I've been meaning to for a while) but cannot log on. bah. other requested drawings are done, and uploading.

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Jun 16 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #36

Agent

there wasn a get back your password and user name thingy?

or you got different e-mail adresse to?

--------------------
+Quote Post
guthrix
post Jun 16 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #37

Retainer

DUDE! sweet, your my new best friend *mindless drool*
+Quote Post
heretik
post Jun 19 2007, 03:28 AM
Post #38

Retainer

Hahaha - no problem Guthrix - it was a lot of fun to do, I was really, really bored at my co-op placement.

As for the other images. !@#%!@#!#. I'm still trying to upload them. This wireless internet innovation was just a terrible idea. They are drawn, but my stupid internet is being moody again. I will post the images as soon as I can. my fifth try tonight. grr. sorry guys.

oh - and Barreldragons: I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand that last bit. if you're referring to the trouble I was having initially getting on the site, it's all cleared up now. I'm not sure what happened, but I can post, so it's all good. thank you very much once again!

This post has been edited by heretik: Jun 19 2007, 03:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Jun 19 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #39

Agent

so now you can post on deviant?

--------------------
+Quote Post
guthrix
post Jun 19 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #40

Retainer

lets go back to the old arguement of what would the police do to stop you if you hijacked a tank...
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:19 AM