4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Should Saya Wear?
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2016, 01:16 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

It looks like we have a winner for Saya's mace. It is from Lililth's Doombringer, which adds a mace and a two handed warhammer. The mace looks perfect with Saya's other gear.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 2 2016, 01:25 AM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

Looks great! All she needs to do now is figure out how to get a rose petal and chain bikini for Kireteki. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2016, 01:49 AM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 1 2016, 08:16 PM) *

It looks like we have a winner for Saya's mace. It is from Lililth's Doombringer, which adds a mace and a two handed warhammer. The mace looks perfect with Saya's other gear.

It does match everything so perfectly; even the shield! Awesome choice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2016, 01:49 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been trying to figure that out since yesterday! But for some reason when I add armor to Kireteki, it just disappears. The Winged Twilights mod has several different parts. One has the summoning spell, and the other the playable race. I downloaded the race part, and I am hoping that by looking at it and comparing it to the summoning I can figure out what is going on. I am thinking it might be the Skin setting. I might just want to leave that blank.

I also did some more tweaking to lighten up shade of the pauldrons and neck wrappings. They seem to collect shadows like a master ninja. They still look a little darker than the rest of the armor, even though in actuality they are about twice as light in the texture file itself.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 2 2016, 02:11 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

If she's a unique race, then the ArmorAddon and Armor need to have that race added in AdditionalRaces before she can wear it. There are some instances where just making something wearable by DefaultRace works, but I haven't been able to figure out the rules.

In principle, you cold create a version of an armor with wing holes for her, and make that the model that only a Winged Twilight wears, by tagging the ArmorAddon only for her race, and selecting that model for the race in the Armor form. That's what is done for the helms that are shaped differently for Khajiit and Argonians.

It's also the way that the child clothing is differentiated from the adult, as they're separate races.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 1 2016, 08:49 PM) *

I have been trying to figure that out since yesterday! But for some reason when I add armor to Kireteki, it just disappears. The Winged Twilights mod has several different parts. One has the summoning spell, and the other the playable race. I downloaded the race part, and I am hoping that by looking at it and comparing it to the summoning I can figure out what is going on. I am thinking it might be the Skin setting. I might just want to leave that blank.

I also did some more tweaking to lighten up shade of the pauldrons and neck wrappings. They seem to collect shadows like a master ninja. They still look a little darker than the rest of the armor, even though in actuality they are about twice as light in the texture file itself.

It looks great with the lightening! If you have a cloth texture, you could try replacing the texture of the neck piece with actual cloth textures of the color you want; that may help keep it from absorbing the dark. But it looks awesome already.

On the Twilight - the mod is showing a bunch of them clothed in the images. Does it mention it in a read me? Does she have a second ESP for clothed? Because in the posts I saw one man mention that he was glad she included a clothed version.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2016, 11:12 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 1 2016, 09:11 PM) *

If she's a unique race, then the ArmorAddon and Armor need to have that race added in AdditionalRaces before she can wear it. There are some instances where just making something wearable by DefaultRace works, but I haven't been able to figure out the rules.

In principle, you cold create a version of an armor with wing holes for her, and make that the model that only a Winged Twilight wears, by tagging the ArmorAddon only for her race, and selecting that model for the race in the Armor form. That's what is done for the helms that are shaped differently for Khajiit and Argonians.

It's also the way that the child clothing is differentiated from the adult, as they're separate races.

That's Right! I think I recall I ran into the same problem back when I created Persephone's Deadwalker race. I believe I had to set the Armor Morph to Default Race.

But the weird thing is that I checked the armor addon I was trying to use - for the Deadric Cuirass - and it is set to use both Default Race and the Winged Twilight race already. So I am scratching my head. Unless there is something about making a creature summonable that renders them unable to wear armor?

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 1 2016, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 1 2016, 08:49 PM) *

It looks great with the lightening! If you have a cloth texture, you could try replacing the texture of the neck piece with actual cloth textures of the color you want; that may help keep it from absorbing the dark. But it looks awesome already.

On the Twilight - the mod is showing a bunch of them clothed in the images. Does it mention it in a read me? Does she have a second ESP for clothed? Because in the posts I saw one man mention that he was glad she included a clothed version.

I did download the Playable Race module and install it. I can create a Winged Twilight PC and they can wear armor normally. So what I am thinking is that I will just delete the Summoning .esp file, and do everything with the Playable Race .esp. I'll use the Winged Twilight race from it, copy one of the presets, and make a summoning spell for it. That ought to do the trick.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 2 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 2 2016, 06:12 PM) *

But the weird thing is that I checked the armor addon I was trying to use - for the Deadric Cuirass - and it is set to use both Default Race and the Winged Twilight race already. So I am scratching my head. Unless there is something about making a creature summonable that renders them unable to wear armor?

The race is all that's needed. Make sure the Armor agrees with the ArmorAddon, though. Go to the armor form, set the race to WT and confirm that there's an armor addon showing. Just being eligible to be an armor, doesn't make it one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2016, 11:37 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

I did download the Playable Race module and install it. I can create a Winged Twilight PC and they can wear armor normally. So what I am thinking is that I will just delete the Summoning .esp file, and do everything with the Playable Race .esp. I'll use the Winged Twilight race from it, copy one of the presets, and make a summoning spell for it. That ought to do the trick.

Oh wow, I wouldn't have known that was possible! I was thinking you may need to play the Twilight and have Saya the follower, lol.

Does the Twilight have to be that 60 second summon? I mean, can't she be like a normal creature follower that stays permanently; or maybe summoned by a ring and she remains permanently by your side till you remove the ring? (that was how I did my "Alix the Mouse mod, put the ring on and he would appear with a conjure sound; but he never went away unless you removed the ring)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 2 2016, 11:53 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 2 2016, 06:34 PM) *

The race is all that's needed. Make sure the Armor agrees with the ArmorAddon, though. Go to the armor form, set the race to WT and confirm that there's an armor addon showing. Just being eligible to be an armor, doesn't make it one.

Ooh, I am learning something here !!!!!!!! Thanks, Ghastley!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 2 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

I got it. I had to set the armor to her Default Armor type, rather than just put it in her inventory. I would post a picture, but Imgur does not feel like working right now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 3 2016, 12:14 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 2 2016, 06:56 PM) *

I got it. I had to set the armor to her Default Armor type, rather than just put it in her inventory. I would post a picture, but Imgur does not feel like working right now.

WOO HOO !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 3 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Do you mean make it her outfit? If you do that, she'll revert to that when she resets for any reason.

If you put something in her inventory, it's available to be selected when she needs it. e.g. she'll put on armour next time she goes through a load door, or starts combat. If the player gives her an item, she'll re-evaluate each slot, too.

Still the main thing is that it's valid for her, and she can wear it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 3 2016, 01:54 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

And now Imgur works again, so I can show you how Kireteki looks. At least so far. That is just the first mod I saw that I thought might work. I'll probably want to look at others before I make a final choice.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 2 2016, 08:27 PM) *

Do you mean make it her outfit? If you do that, she'll revert to that when she resets for any reason.

If you put something in her inventory, it's available to be selected when she needs it. e.g. she'll put on armour next time she goes through a load door, or starts combat. If the player gives her an item, she'll re-evaluate each slot, too.

I think for some reason her skin was defaulting as her 'outfit', and that is why she was not equipping the armor in her inventory. So I think by setting the armor as her outfit, it is overriding that. The rest does not matter, since I won't be giving her any other items like a companion. She's a summoning, so she'll only be around for a minute or so at a time anyway.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 3 2016, 03:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 3 2016, 02:29 AM
Post #35

Paladin
Group Icon

That Daedric-kini you gave Kireteki looks perfect for her - very Moonshadow exotic!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 3 2016, 03:35 AM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 2 2016, 08:54 PM) *

And now Imgur works again, so I can show you how Kireteki looks. At least so far. That is just the first mod I saw that I thought might work. I'll probably want to look at others before I make a final choice.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 2 2016, 08:27 PM) *

I think for some reason her skin was defaulting as her 'outfit', and that is why she was not equipping the armor in her inventory. So I think by setting the armor as her outfit, it is overriding that. The rest does not matter, since I won't be giving her any other items like a companion. She's a summoning, so she'll only be around for a minute or so at a time anyway.

Oh, that looks great on her! I'm really glad you left a good amount of her skin still exposed, it suits her well!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 3 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

I absolutely love Saya’s town wear. She is the kind of sexy that withstands being covered from chin to toe.

Kireteki looks awesome in her armor, very exotic. I love how it complements Saya’s armor in color and style but also provides some contrast with how much skin she shows. Saya’s armor is gorgeous! You have made a fabulous look for her!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2016, 02:16 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

I found one more outfit for Kireteki - Witch Elf Armor. I am not sure if I want to look for more. So I will probably decide between this and the Lustrianna's Daedric Armor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 6 2016, 03:34 AM
Post #39

Paladin
Group Icon

Both are good choices. I love the upper part of the witch armor but the netherbits skull. . . not so much. I love the loincloth on the Daedric armor but the excessive pauldrons. . . not so much. Honestly though, that is overly picky. Again either is good. On balance, I think I prefer the Daedric.

I'm still so tickled that you're bringing Saya and Kireteki to Skyrim! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 6 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't like the netherbits skull much either. Or the hanging leather crotch on the Daedric version either. So I am still on the fence.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:24 AM